Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It's giving me a complex (Candira and Agnores)

The movie started, the futon more comfortable, and Sophie snuggled into him; Evan was in heaven. He shifted only a bit to get more comfortable with Sophie on him, and would occassionaly lean down to give her a soft kiss; other than that, however, Evan didn't move much. He made idle conversation, commenting on the movie here and there, but the conversation itself was just small talk. After a while, Evan felt his eyes get heavy, and though he tried to fight it, he eventually fell asleep.

Amy walked her way into the library, a bright smile on her face. She was thinking about how cute Evan and Sophie were together, and the romantic inside of her was going crazy. She was incredibly happy for them, that they found each other, and she hoped they stayed together a long while. At least then, Amy would have something cute and romantic to hear about, and that was always a good thing.

She made her way to an empty desk with a computer, setting her bag off to the side and giving a cursory glance around the library. She didn't notice anyone she knew at first; instead, she logged into the computer, opened up the Internet browser, and went to the school course website, where teachers posted homework assignments and announcements for their various classes. Navigating to her class, she began jotting down her assignment.

As she wrote, her mind wandered off to the even with Drew, and Amy closed her eyes, shaking her head. She still was having trouble believing she did what she did, and wished she could take it back. Drew didn't deserve that from her. He deserved what Evan and Sophie had. Something that Amy wasn't sure she could give right now. Something Amy wasn't even sure she wanted to give. She finished jotting down the assignment and leaned back, looking around the library once again before getting to work.

It was then that she saw Drew.

She chatted with Evan, enjoying his company. She always kissed him back when he leaned down for her. The movie played along and she liked it, but she was feeling a little sleepy. Sophie fought hard to stay awake, but she was so comfy. Before long, the golden goddess was asleep in his arms. She'd felt safe enough, warm enough, trusting enough, to just pass out. They made quite a picture sleeping there. Sophie would regret not having a picture later on.

Drew was tapping away at his laptop in the reference section. He had a table reserved all to himself. He was wearing headphones at the time, and glasses. His gaze was intense and focused as he stared at the screen, reading over what he'd just written and then editing a bit. He glanced at a book to his right, checking something, and then started writing again. A few moments later he glanced a book to his left, looking up the passage he wanted in the play he was writing about.

He'd been desperate to get her out of his head, and so here he was, writing a paper on Pygmalion that wasn't due for another two weeks. Oh well, this way it was off his plate for good. He'd done a pretty good job of keeping his mind off of her, too. He'd managed to completely submerge himself in feminist theories, MLA citation, and the play itself. Good old Eliza Doolittle and her problems were plenty for him to deal with at the moment.

If he'd noticed Amy sitting there, he wouldn't have known what to do. His mind might have gone blank and his paper would probably go forgotten. At least until she left again. As it was, he hadn't noticed yet, and continued to type furiously as a steady techno beat dropped in his ear, keeping him alert and on task without distracting him with words.

Amy sat there for a moment, wondering what to do. Drew was obviously off in his own world, obviously working on something pretty intently. There didn't seem to be any immediate remnants of feelings from their past experience. She wondered if she approached him, what he would say, what he would do. She wasn't even sure what SHE would say, or what SHE would do. Still, she finally thought to herself, it may be good for her to go to him. Talk to him in person. Apologize in person.

She stood, stretched a bit, and calmly walked over to Drew, frowning slightly. She noticed when she got closer he had his headphones in; she assumed that calling out to him would be futile. She walked closer, placing her hand on his shoulder. For a second, she wondered what she would say. What she should say. Should she start with sorry? Should she start with an explanation? Should she just say hi and leave? She gave a mental sigh, let herself relax, and gave a small smile.

"Hey," she said.

He saved automatically when he felt the hand on his shoulder. He looked up, reaching to pull off his headphones. Surprise registered on his face as she casually said hello. The she that he'd wanted to forget about. The she that he couldn't forget about entirely. The one who'd made it kind of clear that she didn't really want a long-term relationship with him. At least, not the way he wanted one with her. Her behavior had been off-putting, but he'd forgiven her for it. Mostly. She was in a weird place, emotionally. People made mistakes.

But he never thought he would end up feeling cheap and used after someone hit on him and felt him up. Now he really understood why women hated being hit on in bars, and why they always went everywhere in packs. There was safety in numbers. Still even if there was lingering anger, she seemed to have mellowed considerably. And she had apologized. Via text.

"Hey," he returned after a beat. "What are you doing here?" he asked, the first thing to pop into his head. Things were a little awkward between them, but maybe they could fix it.

"Homework, until I saw you."

Amy grabbed a nearby chair and pulled it up, taking a seat. She could tell this was awkward for him, as it was for her, but she couldn't let that bother her. She knew she had messed up, and a text apology wasn't good enough. Besides, she thought, she might as well put everything out on the table for Drew. Just so he knew where she was. How she was.

"I just wanted to really apologize," she said. "I'm...well, there is no excuse. You made me feel wanted and good and I just gave into it. I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry." She sighed at this point, a little surprised at how easy that came out, and how quickly she jumped to the point. It felt good to get that out there. "I'm very happy you didn't take advantage of it," she said. "It shows me you really care." She smiled at that point, watching him and gaging his reaction.

He frowned as he listened. Honestly, if he could forget that it happened, he'd be a happier man. But it didn't change the fact that he had cared and she hadn't. It was a pretty gnarly blow to his ego and to his heart. But then, he should have known better than to think once her boyfriend was out of the picture that everything would be perfect. And if he were honest with himself, he would admit that they didn't really know each other all that well in the first place. Making assumptions like he had was asinine. But he hadn't tried to make a move on her. He'd just been there--charming, a little flirty. Was it really fair to beat himself up.

She was apologizing, he reminded himself. He needed to hear her side of things. He needed to know what she felt before he could really move on. "So, okay. I'm willing to say that it was a moment of weakness or confusion or whatever on your part. Chalk it up to experience I guess. But I'm getting the very distinct feeling that even though you're sorry it ended up the way it did and you're glad I stopped you, you're holding something back."

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't want to pressure you into anything, Amy, but you have to understand what I'm dealing with here. I like you. I think you're great, and if you'd been sincere I wouldn't have stopped you today. I'd be stupid if I did. But this isn't really about me. I need to know what you feel. Even if you don't feel anything. Because at this point? I'm just confused. And I have a right to know after what you pulled."

He frowned and wondered how he'd ended up at this point. He had every intention of forgiving her. There was no point in denying her his friendship. But it was really unfair of her to play around with his heart like this. "I don't know what it was like when you were in a relationship with him. I don't think I want to find out, either. But you should know that even if you say you don't want anything to do with me anymore, I'm probably always going to care."

Amy sighed, her eyes falling closed briefly. "Its not so much as I want nothing to do with you," Amy finally said. "That's the opposite of true. I just don't want a real relationship right now, or anything if I am to be completely honest." She grew quiet, thinking. "To feel good would be nice," Amy said after the brief silence, looking back to Drew. "Just nothing serious." She sighed again, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Drew," she said. With nothing else she could think to add, she sat there, watching him, wondering what he was thinking.

How would he react?

He stayed silent for a moment, letting that sink in. It wasn't a complete rejection, really. She just didn't want what he wanted. That wasn't nearly as bad as her saying she wasn't interested in him. Was he happy about it? That was a different matter entirely. One that didn't matter much at the moment. He sighed and ran a hand over his tense neck. "Well, that settles that at least. I'm a pretty serious kinda guy, so if you're looking just for fun, you probably shouldn't look at me." He smiled a little, obviously kind of put out by the news.

"Look, like I said, I'm not going to pressure you into anything. It's not my place, okay? As long as you know what you want, I have to accept it. So that's that. I'll forgive you this time, but don't expect me to do it if it happens again," he said, crossing his arms. "I'm not sure if I'm still mad though. Disappointed maybe. God, that sounded like my parents."

His reaction wasn't entirely bad, and Amy could handle that. He didn't seem entirely happy with her news, though, and that saddened her just a little bit, but at least he seemed to understand. He seemed to at least accept how she felt, how she wanted things to go. At Drew's last comment, Amy gave a small laugh. "They say we all eventually end up like our parents. Which is funny considering I'm pretty sure our parents met in the same situation we are in now." She gave a small laugh at that, the symbolism not lost on her.

After a few seconds, she stood up, stretched, and moved her chair back to its proper place. "Well, I'm gonna go get to work," Amy said, with a smile, and waved goodbye as she sauntered off to her computer. She sat down, looked back down at her assignment, and gave a soft sigh. She felt bad that she had let Drew down like she did. What could she do about it though? What was done is done. Now, all she could do was continue on and see where she was in a few months. Maybe her and Drew could have something special.

Maybe they could have something like Evan and Sophie.

He smiled a little at her and waved as she left him to his work for her own. Maybe it couldn't be just what he'd imagined now. But that didn't mean all was lost, right? At least she was kind of happy now. Instead of crying and dwelling on Ryan, she was here working. He could be happy about that. For now, though, he decided to focus on his paper. The fact that she was only about twenty feet away and leaps and bounds closer to him than she had been before didn't hurt one little bit.

Amy's assignment didn't take as long as she thought it would, something she was happy about. She closed all of her browser windows, logged off of the network, and placed her stuff back into her bag. She glanced up at Drew, to see if he was still working, and then threw her bag over her shoulder. She checked around to make sure she didn't forget anything, and made her way out of the library.

Stepping outside, the she felt refreshed by the fresh air. The library was always kind of stuffy, especially when a lot of people showed up. She continued on her way, back to her dorm. Her thoughts shifted back to Drew, and how he had reacted to what she said. It still made her said to know he was somewhat disappointed in how she felt, but she was still glad he understood, that he wasn't going to force her into anything she wasn't ready to deal with. Her own feelings for Ryan were still in flux, how could she also deal with growing feelings for Drew?

Could she have something with Drew? Was that even an option for her? Drew seemed interested in her, that was for sure, but was Amy actually interested in Drew? She couldn't answer that right now. She didn't want to answer that right now. As much as she enjoyed what Sophie and Evan seemed to have, she didn't think she wanted it for herself yet. She was content with just watching those two, seeing how their relationship truly developed. They were so sweet together.

She stepped into her dorm building, heading towards her room. It had never occurred to the girl to text ahead, and by the time she thought about it, she was all ready at the door. She took in a deep breathe before slowly opening the door, peeking and listening in to make sure she wasn't coming into something she didn't want to see. Instead, she was graced with something so sweet she almost cried. A movie was playing on the TV, but it had long been forgotten; Evan and Sophie lay snuggled together, asleep on the futon. "Aw..." she whispered, smiling as she shut the door behind her.

She ignored her thoughts as they tried to bring back up what had happened between her and Drew on that futon.

As if her presence in the room set off some kind of alarm, Sophie woke with a little bit of a start. She took a deep breath, squinting a little against the light of the tv. She groaned a little and realized she'd fallen asleep a long time ago. She really hadn't meant to sleep for this long. Maybe just a little dozing. But she had to admit that being able to drop off like that was a good thing. And probably impossibly cute. What wasn't cute, though was waking up as her roommate came back in. "Hey," she said, still a little drowsy. A yawn later, she gently shook Evan. "Time to wake up cutie," she said with a little chuckle.

"Sorry if I woke you," Amy said, setting her stuff by her desk. She smiled as Sophie woke up Evan, who opened one eye that landed right on Amy, closed it again, and groaned. "Five more minutes," he said, wrapping his arms around Sophie and holding her close. "Just five more minutes," he said again, drifting back off to la-la land. Amy giggled, and the giggle jarred Evan back to consciousness. "Oh, man," Evan asked, his eyes planted firmly on Amy. "How long was I out?" He looked back to Sophie, a groggy look adorning his face.

"Just an hour or two at most," Amy replied, pulling her night clothes from her dresser, and sauntering across the room. "I wasn't gone that long." As Amy slipped into the bathroom to change, Evan gave Sophie a quick kiss. "Guess that means I leave?"

Sophie smiled, chuckling a little when Evan pulled her close and asked for another five minutes. He looked serious about it until Amy laughed. Groggy or not, his was still the cutest face. She let Amy answer his question, staying close as the girl went into their bathroom to change. When he kissed her, she kissed him back and smiled up at him. "Probably. I'm sorry I was such a lousy date. If this whole computer thing falls through for you, you have an excellent career as a my personal pillow ahead of you." She smiled and hugged him. "But you'll get to see me tomorrow again. And this time I promise not to fall asleep."

Evan gave a small chuckle, slipping out from under Sophie and sitting up. "I wouldn't mind being your pillow, sleeping with you all the time." He froze for a moment, it catching him a second too late what he had just said. His cheeks turned red, his head fell into his hands as he laughed. "At any rate," he said, recovering himself, "I'll see you tomorrow for a movie? Possibly dinner?" He laughed, kissed her once more, and then got up, leaving the room. The boy practically hopped his way back to his room.

Amy stepped out of the bathroom shortly after Evan left. "I take it things went well," she said with a giggle, moving over to her bed and climbing in. The girl was a bit tired, that was for sure. She was in plain pajamas, and an old t-shirt; the fabric was thin and hung loosely, concealing whatever features Amy may of had. "What did you guys do?" Amy asked.

She smiled and laughed a little as he turned a rather bright shade of red when he realized what he'd said. Once you open the box, she thought, you can't close it again. And actually, she really liked the idea of sleeping with him all the time, in both ways implied. She smiled and kissed him back. "You got it. I'll call you before it gets too close." With that, she kissed him back and watched him leave, going to the door and watching him walk away. She sighed and closed the door when he reached the end of the hall. It had been a long while since anyone had made her feel so light and happy.

Amy's return made Sophie shake her head. She slipped out of her shirt before going to the closet for her pajama top. Once that was on, she took her bra off underneath, easily tossing it in the hamper. "That's kind of an understatement. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep with a guy before. Like...ever. At least not for a long time until after he dropped off. She shed her jeans next, pulling on a pair of pajama pants.

"We talked and made out a little, and then decided things were moving a little fast. I mean we've had like one date. So we put in a movie and got cozy and made a little small talk until we just kind of fell asleep. And then you came in," she said with a chuckle. "It's a little weird that all the sudden I have this great guy to talk to and make me feel awesome. I want to step back and appreciate it for a little while. I want this to last." She smiled and then stepped into the bathroom to wash her face and moisturize.

Amy laid in bed with a smile on her face. Sophie was glowing again, and from the way she talked, this Evan guy was something special. Someone she really did enjoy her time with. As Sophie disappeared into the bathroom, Amy turned over, laying on her back. Her and Ryan were nothing like Sophie and Evan, and they had been together several years. Was that sad? Or normal? Amy turned to look at the door of the bathroom, wondering if she could share something like Sophie had with Evan with Drew.

When Sophie re-appeared, Amy looked over at Sophie. "You two are really cute together. You seem to glow every time you are around him." She let out a small giggle. "He didn't have to leave, you know. I wouldn't mind he stayed. I'm going to sleep, anyway."

Amy was being genuinely nice. IT wouldn't bother her if Evan stayed, not at all. He seemed like a nice and respectable, the complete opposite of Ryan. It may be too much of a nuisance now that he was all ready gone, but Amy would leave that for Sophie to decide.

Sophie came back in and blinked at Amy's comment. "But we're not that annoying kind of cute, right? God, please tell me we're not that couple." She shuddered a little and then smiled because who cared if they were that couple? She had a glow. And she felt so good whenever she was around him. "I appreciate the thought, and maybe next time I'll actually take that one and run with it. But if we're tired enough to fall asleep together, we should probably actually go to bed," she said with a laugh. "Besides, part of taking it slow, I think, is slowing everything down. It's like....It's like when you're at the gym and you want to do weights. If you do a lot of weight, you have to do less reps or you'll tire out. If you do less weights, you get more reps. And as good as I feel right this second? I want to go as long as I can with Evan."

She flicked off the big lights and walked to her bed, clicking on the lamp beside it for a little bit of light. "That's better. Anyway, did you get a lot done at the library?"

"No, you aren't that couple. I think people could tolerate watching you guys in public." She giggled again, watching Sophie as she moved about the room. "That makes sense," Amy replied, giving a slight nod. "I want you guys to go as long as possible too." Amy fluffed up her pillows, shuffled around, and found a comfortable position. "Yeah, I got most of my homework done, even stuff that isn't due for a few more days. Also, talked to Drew. He knows where I stand on this whole situation now, not that I think he is too happy about that."

She grew quiet for a second, thinking. "Drew seems like a good guy, though. Loads better than Ryan."

"Well, not to be an ass about it, but it doesn't really take much to be a better man than Ryan." She shrugged and got comfy in her own bed. "Glad you got it all cleared up, though," she said, wondering if or when she would need to be a shoulder for her buddy to cry on. She was nearly certain that she would be listening to him complain about how he had been so close, and if it weren't for Ryan, etc. Well, at least this time she would have Evan to think of. Her heart would ache a little for her friend, but no more than it should. This time, she decided, she would focus on the fact that a handsome, sensitive, wonderful man wanted her. Wanted to be with her. The thought made her smile even now.

Amy gave a small laugh, because thinking back on it, Sophie was right. Saying Drew was better than Ryan didn't lend much credit to him. She glanced over to Sophie's bed, deciding to think about different things than Ryan. "So, tell me," Amy said, a smile growing on her face. "What do you like so much about Evan?" It was a light subject, and it made the romantic in her happy to see the happy couple.

"I mean, I know you like him. The guy makes you glow like nothing I have ever seen before," Amy said, with a laugh.

Sophie opened her eyes and thought for a moment as Amy asked what she liked about Evan. "I like everything about him. He's genuinely interested in me, and not just getting in my pants. He's actually interested in my art, which is new and different when it comes to guys. I think the only other guy who's ever sincerely wanted to look at my stuff was Drew." She shrugged and closed her eyes again. "Evan is really sweet and thoughtful. And he's like ridiculously handsome. Seriously? He says he's amazed that I want to keep him around, but he could probably have any girl he wanted. It's super flattering to know that he wants me."

She could list a lot of things, and she hardly knew him on more than a friendly level. Once they'd dated more, she could probably go on for days about it. Oh, what an annoying girl she'd be...

"He's probably thinking the same thing, the way he smiles like an idiot around you," Amy said, laughing. "I hope it works out between you too. I never really got to know him much when I was with Ryan. The hung out a lot, but never really around me." She smiled, wondering what it would have been like if Evan and Sophie had gotten together when she was still with Ryan. It seemed she was still stuck on Ryan, and that might be a problem later. Oh well, she thought. "So was it him who said you guys were moving too fast earlier, or you? I'm going to bet on him," Amy laughed.

"I like that goofy grin about him, too," she said with a smile. Yawning, she closed her eyes as Amy asked who'd decided to cool things off. "Well, he was a little hesitant. Happy things were moving along, but he thought we should take it slower. And I agreed with him. It's always nice to know that you can spend time with someone without having to jump his bones. It's also nice to know that even if he wants you to jump his bones, he can control that urge." She smiled and turned on her side. "But you know what? I've never just dozed off with a guy before. Drew maybe, but that was because we used to have sleepovers when we were little."

The look on his face when he'd woken up and the way he'd held her even closer. Her heart warmed all over again.

Amy yawned after Sophie, turning over so she was facing towards Sophie's bed. "You've dozed off with Drew?" Amy asked, curious. She knew they were close, but she wasn't quite sure how close. "Evan must be lucky if he can do something Drew can do and only knew you a few days," Amy said with laugh, letting her eyes close. She was getting tired, and sleep was very quickly taking a hold of her. "Its good to know, though," Amy continued, through another yawn, "that there are guys out there who can control their libido. Ryan would have gone all the way with you, without thinking."

Back
Top Bottom