Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Age: Remnants of Ferelden

Sanoci

Bloody Heart Shaped- Box
Recently I have been engrossed with the Dragon Age series and honestly I feel like there is potential in making a group role play connected to this universe, particularly in Ferelden. For all intended purposes they will need to be discussions over actions that has occurred and to save things from being complicated omit all the origin stories and just focus on the decisions made. There are plenty of ways this can go, but for now the main idea I have brewing is the state of Ferelden after the blight, say about after the events of Dragon Age Awakening.

The Map

Deliberately Keeping things vague for the moment, I want to hear everyone opinion on the subject. I personally can see many fun adventures be forged via this roleplay. This is the type of project that I enjoy suggestions coming from others, feeling like everyone has invested their time properly and of course to motivate. So everyone feel free as the Landsmeet of this thread has officially commence.

I've always found it strange that the Dalish skmehiow seem to be the 'Irish' of Thedas, with the Fereldans being English, Orlesians being French, Rivaini being Italian, Antivans being Spanish, and Qunari being described as "Militant Islamic Borg"

I can definitely see the correlation between the Qunari being the Ottoman Empire and the Tevinter Imperium being the Byzantines.

Just thought it was strange that the Dalish were supposed to be free, happy, dancing and frolicking... Yet they're supposed to be the Irish. I have never met an Irish person (100% born and raised there) who has ever willingly participated in frolicking.

Maybe they're based on Leprechauns? O-O

I suppose they might not be so happy go lucky, considering the slavery and shitty Alienages and such. Merril does sound a bit Welsh though, doesn't she? Hmm, not sure I'll have my elf even have an accent. She might be from Llomeryn, or Nevarra.

Millenium Joker said:
I've always found it strange that the Dalish skmehiow seem to be the 'Irish' of Thedas, with the Fereldans being English, Orlesians being French, Rivaini being Italian, Antivans being Spanish, and Qunari being described as "Militant Islamic Borg"

I can definitely see the correlation between the Qunari being the Ottoman Empire and the Tevinter Imperium being the Byzantines.

Just thought it was strange that the Dalish were supposed to be free, happy, dancing and frolicking... Yet they're supposed to be the Irish. I have never met an Irish person (100% born and raised there) who has ever willingly participated in frolicking.

And Anderfels being Holy Roman Empire.

Prosak said:
Lol, that is a funny idea, using the pearl. It is an inn right? Of course one with hookers, sailors, and drunks. But an inn none the less.

Yes, and moreover since you favored to play as aa dwarf then you are just on a right track. Well, what if you play as Sandal and you apply in The Pearl because Bodhan is in dire straights in his merchandise and desperate times calls for a desperate measures so Bodhan sent you to The Pearl to make some money? That will be ENCHANTMENT!

First off, what the heck is that supposed to mean? Im confused.

Secondly, I understand that a mentally handicapped midget working at a brothel is an very miniscule niche market. He might get TWO people interested before they find out he can work lyrium.

It means "WE ARE ASSUMING CONTROL".

Why do you doubt Sandal's potential in bed? If he could massacre a platoon of darkspawns then what more could we find when he is in a whore house? That's why we need to see the full potential of his ENCHANTMENT!

Because even on a good day most midgets creep me right the hell out, and to even have the mental picture of Sandal, naked save forma single loincloth and a necklace which apparently all Fereldan males wear- looking all mentally disabled as he discovers the pleasures of then flesh for the first time, shouting his triumphant climax with a resounding cry of "EEEENNNCHAAAAAAANTMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNT!" that can be heard all the way in Fort Drakon is NOT my idea of a pretty picture before fatigue overtakes me and I pass out from exhaustion.

My idea of a nice image to collapse to is a gorgeous, naked 5'7" redheaded beauty with C-cup breasts, a very neatly shaven mound and a musical Irish (or Scottish) accent handing me a frothing, perfectly poured pint of fresh Guinness and telling me that some day, I WILL be a warlock, if I just believe in myself.

Well, most of that last part is true. But if the thought of Sandal grunting and pounding a transsexual elf in drag the same way he pounds lyrium into a sword is your preference, then be my guest.

THIS ENTIRE AEGUMENT GOT ME LAUGHING TO DEATH. I almost choked when I read "EEEEEEEENCHAAAAAAAANTMEEEEEEEEEENT!" Ha ha, that was a hoot. But no worries Joker, if she was serios or not, I wont play sandal. Maybe, not sure. I am comfortable with canoons but prefer oc's. Now the only reason I will consider it, is so I give you freakish nightmares of sandal and his, "ENCHANTMENTS!" :p I am an ass hole. lol.

Sincerelyyours: Ok, letting you know if you want your character to hate humans. You don't need to be dalish. City elves are treated with enough bullshit to hate them just as much. The only difference is that dalish are willing to sacrifice the pleasures and simplicity's of city life. While city elves, don't wish to be without it. I find it to be a lesson the writers force feed us every game, on how we as a people cannot live without our technology, while those few whom don't rely on it are happier then us. You know, hippy concepts. :dodgy: Dam hippys lol.

Millenium Joker said:
Because even on a good day most midgets creep me right the hell out, and to even have the mental picture of Sandal, naked save forma single loincloth and a necklace which apparently all Fereldan males wear- looking all mentally disabled as he discovers the pleasures of then flesh for the first time, shouting his triumphant climax with a resounding cry of "EEEENNNCHAAAAAAANTMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNT!" that can be heard all the way in Fort Drakon is NOT my idea of a pretty picture before fatigue overtakes me and I pass out from exhaustion.

My idea of a nice image to collapse to is a gorgeous, naked 5'7" redheaded beauty with C-cup breasts, a very neatly shaven mound and a musical Irish (or Scottish) accent handing me a frothing, perfectly poured pint of fresh Guinness and telling me that some day, I WILL be a warlock, if I just believe in myself.

Well, most of that last part is true. But if the thought of Sandal grunting and pounding a transsexual elf in drag the same way he pounds lyrium into a sword is your preference, then be my guest.

What?! A wench is going to be your sole inspiration on becoming a warlock? That's so cheesy, its like you're saying that a hoe in new york will give you inspiration to be like Jason Bourne. This is definitely a geeky wet dream, I don't even see the element of sensuality on that, not ENCHANTING at all.

No, not enchanting at all. But then again Iveta, neither is being a manwhore. Even if all he ever sais is enchantment. Lol

@Prosack,

Oh I'm more than aware of both types of Elves loathing of humans. I just wanted to be a Dalish so I'm able to use their language in posts a bit more.

Speaking of which, I'll have to examine that wiki a bit more closely to memorize some sentences...

Well Andaran atish’an to you sincerlyyours. :p And a good day to you as well. Of course your aware, sorry.

Go right ahead, it will be cool to be reading some elven in this. Lol, other languages rule.

Dareth shiral, Prosak. ;)

I'm going to get going and see what other things I can accomplish today before checking back here. On another note, having Sandal work as a prostitute is...certainly an interesting idea haha.

little_iveta said:
Millenium Joker said:

What?! A wench is going to be your sole inspiration on becoming a warlock? That's so cheesy, its like you're saying that a hoe in new york will give you inspiration to be like Jason Bourne. This is definitely a geeky wet dream, I don't even see the element of sensuality on that, not ENCHANTING at all.

Whoa, there, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remember, I said that last little part wasn't true.

Now, in all honesty, I do have to ask...... D'you really think I could be like Jason Bourne?

Nah, never mind that. Clearly I'm more of the intellectual type rather than the shooting guns and parkouring off rooftops type, so if anything I should aspire to be the man that creates cybernetic enhancements for the common man.....

Then use those enhancements to rule the Atlanta area as a Bio-Mechanic Man!

What the hell do hookers in New York have to do with this? The very though is laughable, me, going to New York. You..... You're a funny one.

@prosac

Amazing what sleep deprivation can produce, eh? Good to know I still got it.

@Sincerely

Andaran'akerblagerbla to you to.... Uh..... Muth'sera?

O_O never much cared for the Dalish. I find them to be pretentious. Which is why I will usually side with the werewolves on purpose.

Besides, I don't need a woman to want to be a warlock. I've wanted to command the powers of dark magic since I was a kid. I studied basic magics, got really into it.....

And then, the GameCube came out, and I was all 'Fuck this, let's play Resident Evil 4'

Muthersera sounds nicer than being called an honorable thing haha, but whatever you like!

I'm just going to call everyone serjo.

Back
Top Bottom