Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forsaken Children (VP & Airi)

vikingpanda

Planetoid
This is based off a vampire story a friend and me have been working on for a graphic novel. As I develop the story I night turn this into a group rp later on. The story takes place in Seattle and revolves around 3 factions. The traditional ancient line of vampires ruled by a King set on returning vampires to former glory. My character is the head of a vampire resistance comprised of mostly young new vampires set on finding a way to live in peace with humans and bring down the vampire empire. Then the humans who are a secret organization called V.A.M.P. (Vampiric Assault and Military Protection) who are vampire slayers but only recently learning of the inner turmoil of vampire civil war. One of their leaders is my former best friend and adopted brother who thought I had died 5 years earlier when I was turned. He is dead set on destroying all vampires after dealing with my suposed death and the death of his girlfriend some years later, but he becomes conflicted when he learns of my true fate. There's a lot more to the story obviously but that's the key points.

My characters name is Lannik. He is 6' tall 190 lbs with a very athletic build. He has medium length brown hair green eyes and pale skin. He wears custom made clothes designed for combat. He wields two .40cal hand guns with built in blades. He, like most vampires, is very fast and acrobatic and excels in combat. He is very sincere but persistent as a leader of the vampire resistance. He is determined on bringing vampires into the public to live peacefully with humans. He wars against his vampiric father Author who is the king of the northwest region of the vampire empire.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lannik had just returned home after having just encountered his brother Darien for the first time in 5 years. What should have been an emotional loving reunion turned into a near battle to the death. Lannik had looked forward to the day he could reunite with his brother but he never imagined it would turn out like this. Darien had changed, he was full of hate and focused on revenge. Lannik had tried to reason with him but it became quickly apparent that him and his VAMP hunters were clueless and dangerous. He had to find a way to get through to them. All this action left Lannik exhausted and stressed as he retreated to his room. Lannik grabbed a blood pack from the fridge and mixed it in a glass with some rum. He couldn't get drunk but he still enjoyed the taste. He crashed onto his bed staring at the ceiling getting lost in his thoughts...

Octavia rested her back on the wall as she tried to regulate her breathing. Some of her blonde, wavy hair stuck to her forehead from the sweat. It was an unfair race, really, to chase after an elusive vampire in the middle of the night, but someone had to do the job. Raising her gun up, she pushed herself back up to the street before proceeding towards the building where she had seen the vampire entered a minute ago. Quietly, she traced the corridor; her ears alert and her emerald green eyes wary of any suspicious movement.

After a moment, she reached a door that attracted her attention. It was subtle and small, but the tip of the handle was stained with blood. The blonde V.A.M.P. officer remembered a shot released by Darien. Knowing their recovery time, the wound must had healed, but the blood residue should remained. Octavia felt her heart pounding faster with anticipation. Readying her gun, she raised her free hand and pressed at the doorbell.

Laying in bed Lannik began running through the events earlier than night. Who was that girl he saw with Darien? She was beautiful, he thought to himself. He felt even more determined, he had to find a way to get through to the humans. He had been as civil as possible in his mission to come out to the humans while still fighting against his own bretheran. He couldn't win this war with enemies on both sides. If only he could unite them under a common enemy, make them understand the inner turmoil among their own kind, if he could forge a partnership it could at least by him time to get through to Darien. And that girl, maybe he could get through to her. Darien was too conflicted and unreasonable, but she might be the key, the catalyst. But how would he get her alone so he could talk to her? He knew he had to find her.

Just then a scent caught Lannik's attention. His keen senses narrowed in as he heard footsteps at his door. He recognized the scent, but it couldn't be, there's no way she could have followed him. Cautiously Lannik arose from bed and moved silently towards the front door all senses heightened and focused in. He thought to himself, this could be his chance to confront the beautiful woman he saw earlier. He decided to try and handle this in a way she couldn't expect, to throw her off and open her up to hear his reasoning. He moved to the door grasping the knob and opening it to greet her. "Please come in"

Octavia pointed her gun point blank at the vampire. In fact, she was ready to fire it until the moment where the pale creature told her to "Please come in." It was a puzzling request, to say the least. Suffice to say, she didn't follow the invitation, only standing there staring suspiciously at the vampire. She didn't feel any aggression coming from him when he said those words, but since he was the enemy, there was certainly a reluctance to put her guard down.

"Why would I?" she asked coldly, aiming her gun on his head. A splash of memory began to surface suddenly. Darien was also at this same position before, but he let the vampire go. He released his shot only after the creature was fleeing. Her mind quickly raced at such revelation. "You... What's your connection with Darien?" She stepped closer, the muzzle of her gun pressing on his skin.

Lannik stood stone cold, gun pressed into his skin with no signs of fear or anger. " I could remove the gun from your hand and disassemble it faster than you could pull that trigger. I have no intention of harming you, I only want to talk." Lannik spoke to her in a calm and charming voice attempting to read her emotions as he spoke." You want to know about why Darien hesitated? Who I am? Why your not pulling that trigger?" Lannik paused a moment giving her time to think about it. "Darien is my brother." He confessed with a slight hesitation. " and as far as he was concerned I died 5 years ago. I'm a ghost to him." Lannik looked back over his shoulder for a second, motioning to the couch. "Have a seat, let's talk"

Octavia was quiet at the revelation. Her eyes locked at the vampire's. She didn't want to believe it, but she also knew that the proof was there. Like all of her squad member, she knew about Darien's brother, how his death at the hands of a vampire pushed him into a head hunter of V.A.M.P. like he was. She also couldn't dismiss the glaring possibility that, instead of dying, the brother was turned into a vampire instead, and Darien's own act supported it as well.

Hesitantly, the blonde put her gun down. She couldn't care less about the vampire's threat, but she wanted to know the truth. She cared for Darien about that much. They both shared the similar reason behind joining the vampire hunting squad, though for Darien, that reason must had been corrupted already. "Why didn't you tell Darien earlier?" She asked as soon as she was inside. Her emerald eyes spread around the apartment suspiciously, almost expecting a coffin lying around somewhere. It was the very first time that she'd ever stepped into a vampire's residence.

Lannik was relieved when she drooped her gun. He didn't want to ruin this opportunity to get through to her. He guided her to his couch keeping his back to her to show that he trusted her and wasnt hiding anything. "Did you want something to drink? I have rum or Scotch or water." He offered, holding off answering her question for the time being.

He poured her drink of choice as he began talking, avoiding the question at hand as he was not entirely willing to explain that just yet. "So how did you follow me anyway? I didn't exactly hop in a taxi or casually stroll down the street." He continued as he moved to a recliner opposite the couch she sat on. He had begun to eye her up and down admiring the way her combat gear hugged her frame and the way her blonde hair contrasted with her intoxicatingly beautiful green eyes. Although he had the obvious thirst for blood he had subsided the temptation will his earlier "meal". He had noticed that when mixing the alcohol with he blood it always seemed to relax his desire for blood. Lannik kicked back in his chair trying to appear as relaxed and comfortable as possible to make this whole conversation less intimidating. He wanted her to really listen to what he had to say and forget he assumptions for a while. He waited for her response as the glass he had given her sat upon the coffee table, having sensed she still didn't quite trust him as if he would need to poison her.

Octavia stared at him quietly, realizing how the vampire was avoiding her question. Nevertheless, she got the impression that he at least didn't mean to have a fight with her. Sighing quietly, she spoke out her choice of water before settling down on the couch. At least it would be easier to notice if her drink was spiked that way.

On his next question, she answered, "With a lot of practice." She sipped at her water, enjoying the fresh feeling that it brought down to her throat after the exerting activities. "I specialize in scouting and tracking in the team."

As she talked, Octavia threw a few glances at her host. Like all vampires, he had that pale and almost statuesque quality on his appearance. With his angular face and unnaturally green eyes, she could imagine that he was seen as attractive in front of most women. She herself, however, after her experiences working in V.A.M.P., had become immune to their charm and even begun to think that all vampires looked pretty much the same.

"So I take it that you're the one called Lannik?" She asked, in an attempt to divert the conversation back to the original topic. "Darien told us a lot about you."

Lannik sat back in his chair listening to her explain her ability to track him. He was quite impressed in her abilities as he watched her carefully sip her water. He knew she was thirsty and appreciated the water even though she tried to act as if she didn't care.

"Yes I am Lannik." He confessed. "I assume the stories are all good" he said with a bit of sarcasm and a slight chuckle. "I miss that life but I have come to accept my new place in the world." Lannik sat up in his seat moving closer to Octavia as he narrowed his eyes and sharpened his tone. "What exactly do you think you know about us Vampires?" He began to get lost in her eyes before looking away to break the spell and add," I'm pretty sure you don't know as much as you think." Lannik relaxed a little waiting for her response. He took note of her changes in expressions trying to read her. He again caught himself admiring her body. He again caught himself before becoming too lost in his thoughts.

"I miss that life but I have come to accept my new place in the world."

"Oh, yes. I believe you have," replied Octavia with a sarcastic tone while pointing at an empty glass on the kitchen table. She could see the alcohol residue on the glass walls, perhaps from the rum or scotch, but she could also smell the scent of blood wafting from it. Lannik must had used it to drink a cocktail blood, which she never had heard being done by a vampire before.

Octavia turned to him. "What I know about vampires is that they take our loved ones and never miss the chance to rub salt on the wounds that it caused," she replied. The words came out with more honesty than she thought, so she turned back around immediately and finished her water. She enjoyed the fresh recovery that it brought for a moment before continuing, "So, I take it you want to enlighten me at what I miss about understanding a vampire? That deep down they're just lost animals that deserve my pity because they just don't know which way to go on with their possible unending lives?" Her tone was thick with sarcasm, but it was really a defense mechanism, as she had lived hating vampires for the most of her life and didn't really want to change what she knew about them.

"Well its just as I imagined. Your all clueless." Lannik spat out with an intended irritability. "How can your really understand something you only ever kill on sight?" He arose from his chair where he had sat patiently and started to become animated. "All you V.A.M.P. hunters are the same, you had some tragic event, some loved one killed or whatever, and decided all vampires must die. Where in the world is that an acceptable reaction?" Lannik had started to bring out the politician in himself as this was a part of what he had been fighting for over the last 2 years. "You people know nothing because your too angry, too blinded, and too BLOODTHIRSTY to stop and think!" Lannik's words stung as he started to raise his voice getting more and more heated.

Lannik stopped a moment to calm himself and collect his thoughts as he paced the floor and rubbed his forehead. "Look, I allowed you in her tonight and sat you down because I find this to be a great opportunity. I don't know why but I feel I can trust you and I need you to truly listen to what I have to say." Lannik moved to the couch and sat beside Octavia trying not to frighten her. Her turned to her putting one hand on her shoulder and looking deep into her eyes. "I need you" he said in a smooth calm voice. "Please... help me".

Octavia looked coldly at Lannik's arm as it rested on her shoulder. Even with her gear, she still could feel the coldness of his skin seeping through. She fought back a shudder and moved away. His irritability was contagious, and it took all that she could not to yell back at him, to question him how many children he'd seen grisly murdered in front of him while growing up. She persevered, though. Not only because exploding would only make her appear weak, but because it would just be inviting bad memories from long time ago replaying in her mind.

"Well, you need to work on your diplomatic skills first, don't you?" She asked before rising up to reach the door. "I have to go. Darien's supposed to get my report five minutes ago." She glanced briefly back at Lannik after turning the knob. "I'll make sure to send your greeting, if you so wish."

(OOC Im so sorry I have been gone, I am deployed in Afghanistan and we had to move to a new base a while back but the only internet we had here blocked this website. Fortunately I found a new internet option that allows me access so I can actually type on here again. YAY!)

Lannik started to calm down as Octavia went for the door. As she reached for the knob and opened the door Lannik ran to her side faster then she could visually process as a human as a gust of wind rushed behind him blowing over papers and knocking the glasses off the table. "Please consider my offer and think about what we talked about tonight. I know you think of us as monsters but remember I was human once too. I never asked for this, I was forced into it with no hope of ever returning to my normal life. Darien is my god damn brother and I had to let him think I was dead, I couldn't face him after my transformation. I spent months in fear of what I had become." Lannik's hand reached up to rest on Octavia's shoulder as he turned his face to the ground and got lost in his memories. "I got low, very low, I tired to kill myself, but after several failed attempts I began to realize it was hopeless. It was on a night when I found a way I was sure would kill me but something happened that night. I was on my way to set my body ablaze to burn to death when I stumbled across another vampire assaulting a woman and her child. I couldn't ignore it and had to stop him. That night I killed the first of my own kind." Lanniks eyes looked up to meet hers, "It was that night I decided, I had spent enough time feeling sorry for myself. If I was really so miserable I didn't need to end my own life, I needed to change my world."Lannik put his hands on either side of her face running his fingers through her hair. "I don't know how else to get this across to you, I'm on your side, let me be there, let me help you, make me feel human again."

(OOC: Oh my God... Well, glad that you're back again!)

She was alarmed at first when Lannik approached and was very ready to withdraw her gun, but something in his voice stopped her. That same thing was also what pushed her to stay and listen to his words. When he looked down to the floor in between, Octavia finally recognized what it was: guilt, and the same one that pushed her and Darien to join their battles.

Until then, she had always thought that once becoming a vampire, a person would lose all of their humanities. Nothing remains but instinct and thirst for blood. Yet now, Lannik stood before her, telling a story that was almost too familiar to her own. For once since they ran into each other, Octavia looked back to him like he was also a human, with the same pain that she also shared. When his hands touched her shoulders, she didn't shake it off like what she did earlier, even letting them roam to her face and hair. His cold touches were surprisingly gentle and human, and it in turn triggered a strong feeling from within her that led her into slowly, gently placing a kiss on his cold vampire lips.

As her lips touched his, Lannik's super heightened senses zoned in on her every detail. Her scent flooded his nose like the smell of a million fresh flowers. He could hear her every breath, the blood rushing though her body causing her heart to flutter. He could feel her pulse through her lips as her being consumed him like a warm blanket. The ground under his feet seemed to escape him as he embraced her. He pulled her into him and their kiss deepened. The taste of her tongue and lips filled his mouth as he moved his hand to the back of her head. Lannik pulled away for a moment to look at her. He stood with a look of bliss as his eyes pierced hers. He brushed the hair out of her bangs as he said, "Do you trust me?"

She looked back at Lannik, breathless from the unexpectedly passionate kiss that they shared. Her gaze traced the look of bliss on his eyes and features, and for a moment she had forgotten that he was a vampire until she touched his sculpted cheek. "I don't know...," replied Octavia. Her voice laden with uncertainty and confusion. Only a mere hour ago, when she was still running and jumping along the skylines to chase the vampire, she wouldn't even remotely think that she would end up kissing him.

"Are you going to kill me?" It was the most important question, really, and one that Octavia needed the answer immediately. Otherwise, how would you trust someone or something that you knew would try to kill you while you sleep?

Lannik braced himself for the words he knew would come. He stared straight into her eyes making sure she could see right through to his damned soul as he spoke. "Never" That one word came out pure and as honest as any she had heard. They held the gaze a little longer before Lannik pulled her back into him, embracing he once again sliding his hands up her hips and sides working them under her shirt.

Octavia sighed at his touch and leaned back up to kiss him again. Her hands, meanwhile, sneaked up and burrowed into the brown strands of his hair. She knew that what she was doing was wrong, that she wasn't supposed to feel remorse for a vampire and much less kissing one eagerly like this, but it had become almost out of her control. All that she could think of was his taste and scent and cold touches.

"The couch...," she gasped in between the kiss while she herself worked on getting rid of her combat shirt to make way for more of his touches. "Or the kitchen table, if you prefer it more than the former."

Lannik cupped his hands under he ass cheeks pulling her up off the ground with ease. Not wanting to break his kiss or take his eyes off her he stumbled around the apartment bumping over shelves and tables. As her legs wrapped around him hooking her heels she learned back as Lannik pulled her top up over head exposing her body only covered by her delicate bra. Nearly tripping over his own feet Lannik stumbles slamming her back into the nearby wall. He pushes her up against the wall as his kisses move down her body reaching the clasp in the middle of her bra. He grabs hold of the bra with his teeth and with one quick jerk of his head tears it away from her body and tosses it aside leaving her bare breasts exposed.

Octavia's breath hitched slightly as she felt her back hitting the wall. She groaned into his kiss to display her discomfort, but was soon silenced when Lannik ripped her bra apart with his sharp vampire teeth. Soon after her arms were wrapping around his neck, eager to feel his velvety tongue against her soft breasts. As he did, her own fingers would tug and roam at his own shirt, wanting badly for the fabric to be removed as she craved for more skin contact.

Pulling away for a moment Lannik put is arms up in the air to allow Octavia the opening pull his shirt off. The two of them now nearly completely bare they continued to wrestle around the apartment. Lannik headed towards his bedroom and after kicking the door open tossed Octavia to the bed about 10 feet away. Using is inhuman speed raced to the bed right behind her pinning her down as she landed on the bed. With an animalistic motion he plunged down to her neck laying soft kisses down her body quickly reaching her breasts.

Out of sheer reflex, Octavia pushed back as soon as Lannik's lips reached her neck and rolled him to the side until she pinned him down on the mattress. She glanced down at the vampire below her before leaning down to kiss gently on his eyes and lips, then further down to his jaw and towards his unbeating neck. There, on the spot where his heartbeat should have been if he was still a human, she sucked at the patch of skin until a purple mark bloomed under his pale skin. All the while, one of her hands gripped tightly at his own on the pillow, while the other one slipped down between their bodies to reach at the zipper of his pants.

Lannik smiled and gave a little chuckle at her ferocity. "Oh haha tough girl" Lannik lay underneath Octavia as she took control and reached up with his free hand to grab a patch of her hair and pulled playfully as she kissed his neck. Lannik's cock swelled as she reached down to undo his zipper and he gave small reflexive thrusts into her. He gasped as her hand plunged down into his pants and grasped his large hardened cock.

Octavia smiled back at his comment. "Well, a girl needs to be if she's to catch up with you, I think," she muttered to his ear and nibbled gently at his lobe before she began to caress along his growing length. She withdrew for a bit and gritted her teeth slightly as his velvety shaft began to buck into her hand. Lannik's growing arousal was definitely affecting her as well, and the vampire writhing and gasping beneath her was admittedly one of the most beautiful things that she'd ever seen.

Lannik was the happiest he had been in a very long time and as he stared up at the woman on top of him he get lost again in her beauty. Lannik put his hands on either side of her face pulling her hair back and staring into her eyes before pulling her lips to his and embracing her in a long passionate kiss. "You are amazing and beautiful Octavia!" Lannik said as he ran his fingers back and forth through her hair.

Back
Top Bottom