Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two Worlds Uniting (Ms_Muff & Rage)

Haine, who had gotten up hours earlier, was outside the cabin near the banks of another nearby stream. Unlike the one from the previous night, this one wasn't as far and definitely not as wide. Some might consider to be "In his backyard" since it was practically right down the hill from the cabin in the clearing of the forest. It wasn't his primary fishing spot since only smaller fish lived in it, but it was where he retrieved his water, washed his clothes, and bathed himself.

He noticed that during the night, their body heat was really amplified. He tried to keep his back to her, but he still had a hard time getting to sleep... having a woman so close was still a little exhilarating for him. Still, he managed to get a few hours of shuteye before waking up during the times of dawn. He managed to go on a little hunting trip to clear his head.

Sighing, he dumped a bucket of water onto his head, kneeling by the stream. He wore his hide pants and leather boots, but his torso was naked, the water streaming down his chiseled muscles as though they were canyons. Haine wasn't that bulky, but his body was solid and toned like no other. He had a few thin scars over his chest, abs, and back, but nothing that really stuck out. His lengthy, unkempt black hair was now drenched, framing his face. He wasn't really good at cutting his own hair, and sometimes a few elf women would roll their eyes and do it for him. With a small laugh, Haine gathered up his bundle of clothes, a bundle of rabbits that he caught in traps, and his tools.

The sun was starting to climb up into the sky, warming the earth with few clouds to block it. Haine enjoyed the view as he made his way up the hill and up to his small cabin. For a second he completely forgot about Lily, pushing up the door in his shirtless and wet glory as he set a few things down and hung up his clothes.

And then he remembered.

He glanced back at Lily on the bed, noticing that she had been awake. He was a bit worried that he had woken up, but suddenly felt strangely uncomfortable being half naked and drenched from waist up. Clearing his throat he smiled, "Hello... um... you hungry?"

For a second, the girl almost thought the man was about to get fully undressed in front of her. He did walk in soaking wet. The way the light hit the water that coated his body accentuated the curves of his muscles. His hair didn't look as messy, but then again, it was wet as well. In such light, the man definitely wasn't that bad looking. If he weren't so odd and oblivious, she wouldn't mind flirting with the guy, but something told her he wouldn't even catch on to what she was doing if she had tried to.

From the look on his face when their eyes met, it appeared that perhaps Haine had almost forgotten she was there as well. Thankfully, she hadn't startled the man too much. If anything, he looked a little uncomfortable. That was the vibe she had gotten the entirety of her short stay with the man. Lily was beginning to feel a little guilty. This was his home and she was making him feel uncomfortable in his own home. Thankfully, he'd be taking her to a near by village soon.

"Uh, yes, very..." she spoke with a smile as she crawled out of bed and stretched. Lily had almost forgotten what she was wearing. As she stretched, the neck of the shirt she wore, nearly opened, exposing a breast, but as soon as the young woman felt the fabric creeping dangerously close to a nipple, she immediately dropped her arms. She wasn't about the flash the poor guy, even though she pretty much had the night before.

Lily sat in the chair she had sat in the night before and curled up in the chair, still feeling a bit groggy from waking up. As expected, Haine was an early riser and from the looks of it, had already been busy at work. There was something strangely enticing about the way this guy lived. He was raw masculinity. He relied on no one but himself. She was certain he could do things that many men she knew could never even hope to do.

Haine looked away immediately, the sudden exposure of her skin making him flush lightly. He had never felt tension like this with another person and he wasn't sure what it was that was doing it... He was thinking that perhaps she was feeling it too. What was this sudden feeling that was fogging up his mind? He shook his head, keeping quiet.

He grabbed a bowl filled with fruit such as berries and apples and turned to her, placing the bowl in front of her with a small smile, "All I have right now, " He stated, "But you'll have a big dinner where we're going." He walked over to a set of clothes and finally began to dress himself. He slipped on one of his shirts and tied the sash housing most of his tools and weapons over his waist. His hair was still wet, but it would dry with time.

"I plan on leaving soon if its fine," He said as he grabbed a small quiver and tied it onto his back, "The sooner we get there, perhaps the sooner you can get your answers. And finally get to meet the elves." He poked his head outside, looking up at the sky to check what the weather would be. "Should be a nice trip there," He said to himself, "But there is a chance that it could possibly rain later on..."

He went back into the cabin and looked at Lily once again. He felt sorry that he didn't have any other clothes that would fit her... his boots and pants would be much too small. But they weren't going to go over any rocky cliffs or anything, and the forest floor was just dirt and grass so she wouldn't have a problem walking around.

"Just let me know when you're ready." He said, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

Lily tried to not watch as Haine proceeded to get dressed. The young woman attempted to focus on her breakfast, nibbling contently on some berries as she stared down at the bowl before her. It was so fresh and tasted unlike anything she had ever eaten before. It must've been the charm to wild fruits. Perhaps that was an upside to living outside the city and in the wilderness. Everything Haine had was fresh. Nothing was genetically altered or artificial, unlike most things found in supermarkets today.

Lily stood up as soon as she finished eating. Haine was still insistent on going to see these elf friends of his. Her views of the man just kept flipping around. Every time she learned, or saw, something impressive about the rugged man, she'd soon get a reminder that he was a bit of a nut. Lily was curious to see who these elves were, so the young woman obliged. With a soft sigh, Lily flashed the man a smile. "Alright, let's go," she said as she walked up towards Haine, took a step past the man and out the door.

The young woman was nearly awe-struck as for the first time, she saw the forest in daylight for the first time. The land had been nearly pitch black the night before. The forest was so lush and thick, and the view from Haine's cabin was breath taking. With a few modern additions, Lily herself wouldn't mind living in such a place.

Far in the distance in a clearing, a small town tucked neatly along a hill, just above the river, could be spotted. A few soft trails of smoke stretched into the sky and gradually faded. "Hm... must be the near by town he was talking about," Lily thought to herself. From that distance, hardly any details of the town could be made.

"Lead the way, sir," Lily spoke cheerfully as she stood next to Haine, allowing the man to step ahead of her and show her the route to town.

Haine made sure he was well equipped before they left. The road to the elf village wasn't a safe one, and those who weren't friends of the forest often found themselves lost and stranded, under the mercy of a few hungry predators. He had acted to save a few of them and lead them back to their own villages but he found it a constant annoyance... most of the time they were hunters just going after animals for sport and not for need. He found it highly unnecessary, and even broke many of their bows in anger and annoyance.

He couldn't help but smile at Lily's awed expression. He was rather proud of the forest, and its beauty was unmatched. Most villagers would take it for granted living in their dirty homes and polluted towns... he couldn't stand the stench of human labor and slavery. The forest was fresh, and he found something new everyday he ventured out. He actually had a few places he wanted to show Lily after the visit to the village.

They followed the trails of smoke in the sky before disappearing into a rather thick part of the forest. The trees suddenly grew taller and wider, and there were no signs of any vines or weeds as they pressed on. They even passed by a few dear that silently regarded them, but Haine passed them by with a simple nod.

"We're close, " He said to her, "These are the sacred woods... the animals here are old and wise." Eventually they came before a strange tall wall of shrubs, and to their knowledge there seemed to be nothing past it. Haine couldn't help but smile, knowing exactly what laid behind its green barriers. He looked back with his grin, touching the shrub wall.

"Behind here," he answered, his arms gently pulling back the shrub's thin branches and leaves, "Take a look." He wanted her to get in a glimpse to see the elves that she had refused to acknowledge the existence of.

With lots of reluctance and hesitance, Lily cautiously stepped through the shrubbery. Before, what was on the other side was hindered by the sun beaming through and nearly blinding the young woman. What was shrubbery was apparently a hidden secret door, one of few ways into the village. At first, Lily showed no concern for the people of the town; she was simply awe-struck by the beauty of the village. Ivory limestone buildings, finely crafted with intricacy that was only found in ancient times lined the cobble stoned roads. It was exquisite, yet quaint. The way the village ways laid out was working with nature, as opposed to against it. The Earth had began to grow around the architecture. Some of the buildings were slowly being engulfed in vines, some had trees morphing and curving around the side of them, towering over the roofs. A stream intertwined with the village, flowing into the city and then out. Sidewalks lined the banked and a few bridges stretched over it. Never before had she seen such a sight. The architecture reminded her of the ancient city of Valathria, a place theorized to be the capitol city of the elven race long ago.

That was when it all sunk in. "Wait a second...," the young woman thought to herself, "Elves..." Her brows narrowed quizzically as she took a few steps forward and scanned her surrounding with her eyes.

"Welcome wanderer," a female voice called out. A taller woman, wearing a long flowing lavender dress, and long brown hair styled into a brain approached the two. Lily also happened to notice something... her ears. He wasn't serious, was he? This couldn't be real, could it? Elves didn't exist anymore! Humans had scoured every inch of the planet it seemed, there was no way such a civilization could exist without being discovered or disturbed.

"I see Haine has brought us a guest? This is quite the surprise Haine, I don't think any of us have seen you with company before," the elven woman spoke with a smirk. Lily's eyes shifted away from the woman as she stared her down. Suddenly, she felt so shlumpy in her attire. Her hair, it was a mess, she hadn't showered, and she was draped in fur like some cave man. Not to mention, it wasn't the most appropriate thing to wear.

"I see you've dressed her," the woman added with a giggle.

(btw if you want to do dialogue for side character, I don't mind. We can voice them both for convenience.)

(Okay haha it may help things pass at a decent pace)

Haine couldn't help but shift uncomfortably as he followed Lily into the elvish village. Even if he knew them since he was young, he couldn't help but feel slightly uneasy at being in a place with possible crowds. Of course, he felt more out of place with normal humans than with the elves since the latter race was much kinder, accepting, and shared many of his strong ideals about animals and nature. He adjusted the large sack that he held on his back, looking over at the elf woman and giving her a slight nod.

"Things happened... " He stated, "And I didn't have any clothes for anybody besides myself... I was wondering if you could help dress her? I brought things I could trade." he heaved up the sack to be visible, and it jingled with a few objects inside, "Also... I think she may be a long ways from home... " He finished, "Do... you think you can help her?"

"Of course we can, Haine." A male voice called from the side, "Actually, I wouldn't mind doing it for free in the shape she is in." The elvish man stepped up, a welcoming smile on his face, "Poor thing... I be you're just dying for a nice warm bath and some new clothes." The elf was tall, but around the same height as Haine. He had silvery blonde hair that looked ethereal, long golden robes slung over his shoulders and a necklace of precious stones on his neck. His ears were pointed more outward than the other elf, yet he had the same aura of kindness.

The elf then looked back at Haine, "How about you? I can see that living as a young hermit as done you well, but it wouldn't hurt to dress in some elvish fashion for once." He joked, making Haine look slightly more uncomfortable.

"N-No thanks... " Haine shook his head before looking over at Lily, "These elves are the most gentle and kindest in the forest... I trust them with my life." he then gave her a playful smile, "And I told you that there were elves still living in the world. Do you believe me now?"

(Btw I wasn't sure if you said I could take control of the elf woman you introduced or if you wanted me to make another one, so I just introduced this guy to be safe. Hope that's okay!)

(I said you could xP basically the only character you can't control is Lily. Otherwise, free reign.)

Lily just looked over at Haine. The young woman didn't speak a word. This whole adventure just kept getting weirder and weirder. It was like she had been taken back through time, which was utterly absurd. Lily would sooner believe elves still existed than to come to the conclusion of time trial. Little did the girl know how wrong she was. But still... how on Earth did they live here so long going undisturbed? She couldn't be very far from home, and all of the land around her home had been inhabited for centuries. It was nearly impossible to go unnoticed.

"Where are you from, dear?" the male elf asked Lily, looking at her with a sincere concern, "Are you lost?"

A nervous laugh escaped Lily's lips. "I uh, I suppose you could say I am. I woke up in the forest last night, and Haine here saved me from a pack of wolves. I'm from Riverville," the young woman explained. Her cheeks turned red with embarassment over her situation. How does one just wake up lost? Perhaps he could help her get home, but from the looks of it, these people didn't get around much.

"Riverville?" the man asked with a cocked brow, "Afraid I don't know the place."

"Really? It can't be too far from here... I hadn't been asleep too long before I woke up here," she exclaimed. With a sigh, closed her eyes and rubbed her temples, "If this is some prank being pulled on me, it's working. Whatever the hell is going on, I just want it to stop. I want to get home. I have finals coming up, and I don't want to mess up my GPA. I mean seriously, elves haven't been around for centuries and suddenly I'm expected to believe they've been around? And you expect me to believe you've managed to live here for centuries undisturbed and undiscovered by the general public and that you've managed to live prosperously with this tiny lone village?"

"Actually, we trade quite often. Our small village indeed cannot sustain itself without exporting and importing goods from the near by cities," the male elf explained. "But, what you are saying does concern me, miss. Trust me, this is no joke. If you don't mind me asking, what year is it?"

Lily looked up at the man with a cocked brow. "It's 2013," she said. Did he not even keep up with what year it was? Was it even reasonable for her to wonder that at this point? She was in front of elves when they were supposed to be extinct. The elf just stared her down in a deep thought. She could feel him pondering. His brows drooped as if in deep concern or thought. Eventually, that expression broke and a kind smile formed on his lips. "Ah yes, forgive me miss," he spoke. His eyes then shifted over to the female elf. "Belinda, please take our... special guest and see to it that she can get cleaned up and dressed in proper clothing."

The female elf, Belinda, then placed her hand on Lily's shoulder and lead the young woman off. "This way miss, we will get you dressed in something much more flattering. I'm sure you do not want Haine dressing you."

(Didn't know if I should name the guy or if you wanted to.)

(It's fine XD)

Haine turned and made an attempt to follow, but then the male elf, Thoron, placed his long hand on his shoulder to stop him. "I don't think the ladies want you to see them bathe and clothe themselves, Haine." He chuckled, "Although it is very tempting, you probably shouldn't follow." Haine grew embarrassed, reaching up and hand to scratch the back of his head as he hid the immediate flush on his face. The elf looked at his back, touching the brown sack.

"Why don't you go into the town market?" Thoron asked, "You definitely have a lot of goods, and I'm sure they all would love to see you again. It's been a while since you've been here." Haine's expression brightened as he nodded, turning down to make his way down into the village. Suddenly he turned around, "Where can I find Lily again?" He asked, cocking his head in curiousity.

Thorn smiled, "Oh... worried about her, are you?" Haine blinked, growing embarrassed as he looked away bashfully. "Don't worry... I'll bring her to you when she's done... Belinda will take care of her." Haine nodded before leaving back into the town, Thoron watching the human disappear into the beautiful structures looming not too far in the distance.

Meanwhile, Belinda was leading Lily away with a playful smile, "This way!" She giggled, "First we have to go to the bath-house. It's built on a mystical hotspring, and I'm sure it will help wash all your worries and help keep you stress free." The building Belinda was leading Lily to was on the side of the village. It was quite a long building, carved and built beautifully from wood. Instead of a wooden door, however, there was just a sheet draped over the entrance. A series of brick staircases led up to it, making it quite a climb.

After the small walk to the bath-house Belinda touched Lily's arm, "Now, when you go in, the left side of the bath is for the women. I wish that I could join you, but alas I must speak with a few friends. I'll bring back an assortment of our clothes that you could choose so you don't have to wear one of Haine's fuzzy shirts." She chuckled, "That boy needs to dress properly sometime. Do you have any questions or concerns for now?"

The young woman shook her head, "I should be fine." Belinda gave her a smile and nodded, "Then I shall be back. Pleaae relax and enjoy your bath," she apoke before taking a few steps back, "I shall be back."

Lily then turned and continued into the women's bath house. It was a large room, stones lined the floor and walls, but the ceiling was a beautiful dark wood. There was an area strictly for washing that consisted of fountains that sent steams of water trailing down onto the floor with the pull of a rope. And on the other side was a rather large pool of steaming water. As soon as the short statured human stepped into the room, all eyes were on her. A few of the taller an slender elven women gave the girl a smirk; they knew exactly who she belonged to judging by her attire.

"Uh, hi," Lily squeaked, holding her hand up and quickly waving at all of the women. She then tip toed over to the area where she could wash herself. There were wooden benches lining the area where they could sit, and buckets full of jars and vials hidden under them. As Lily found herself a spot, she sat down and pulled the bucket out from under her seat. There were soaps, salts, and oils for various purposes. She popped he tops off of each one of them and took in the scent of each one; they all smelled exquisite. Lavender, vanilla, varying fruits and flowers--- she couldn't decide which to use. Lily ended up using a few of them. She washed her hair and her body, then treated herself to some oils that would soften her skin and hair as well. In her world, that'd basically be conditioner and a moisturizing body wash. But these oils seemed to work much better than her modern day products.

After that was a soak in the large pool. The water was hot and it tookt he girl a few minutes to adjust, but eventually she relaxed.

"You're short," a little elven child spoke. The child was sitting next to her mother who quickly pulled her closer and scolded her. "She's a human, that's why she's short," the elven woman explained. She then turned her attention to Lily with a smile, "I'm sorry. Children can sometimes be so blunt."

"It's okay," Lily spoke with a nervous laugh. Every woman, aside from the children, had to have been at least five inches taller than her.

Soon, Belinda's head came peeking into the bath house. A smile formed on her face as soon as she spotted Lily. In her hands was folded cloth, clothing Lily presumed, and a pair of flat shoes, delightfully decorated with gems, dried flowers, and ribbons. "Oh, there you are Miss Lily! I brought you some clothing, I hope you like them. Anything beats what Haine had you dressed in. Who knows, maybe after seeing you in nicer clothing, it'll convince him to at least let us do something with his hair!" Belinda let out a teasing giggle, placed the clothing down on a bench, and then stepped out.

Not long after, Lily came emerging from the bath house dressed in her new garments. It was a long sleeveless dress with a flowing skirt with light layers, each consisting of colorful pastels. There was a jeweled ribbon sash tied around her waist, just under her breasts that fitted the dress to her size. It was a bit tight since Lily was a bit chunkier than the elven women, but it still fit nonetheless, just... a bit more form fitting.

"Oh, you look beautiful! I knew there was a lady under that mess of fur Haine had you in!" Belinda spoke as she ran up to Lily. "Now, we have to do something with your hair. Thoron would like to see you soon, but I think we have time to play with your hair a little bit!"

Lily gave a bashful smile. Never before had someone acted to interested in dressing her up. "Just nothing too crazy!" she spoke as Belinda took her hand and dragged her off back to her home where she styled Lily's hair. Through tying her hair up in cloth knots, she was able to curl Lily's hair without heat, and a few long were pulled back and tied up with a ribbon. "We can't have our special guest looking anything less than the best!" Belinda exclaimed as she rubbed her hands together at a job well done.

"Wait, special guest? What makes me so special?" Lily asked with a cocked brow. Belinda shrugged, "I don't know, but Thoron told me to make sure I treat you as a special guest," she spoke before grabbed onto Lily's hand, "Speaking of Thoron, we should get going, he is probably waiting."

((Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been able to get much alone time to write out replies. I don't particularly like writing while I have people who look over my shoulders are around.))

((It's cool! I can understand haha))

Haine took his first few steps in the market street, the bag of trading goods resting on his back as he heaved it around. The road was made with cobblestone, with market stands and stores open for business. It was still the waking hours, but there was a decent amount of the elvish people making their way around the shops, baskets in their arms being filled with food, goods, and many other things that they desired.

"Haine!" An elvish man called from a nearby shop, "Brought some more things for me, have you?" Haine smiled, eagerly making his way over to one of his elvish friends. Since the elves didn't like to travel out of their villages, there were many herbs and plants that they weren't able to get... along with animal skins and coats that weren't too close to the village. Haine brought them what they asked of him and in return they gave him tools, food, and other things that Haine needed. But he always refused the elvish clothing. He found it way too tight.

The bag on his shoulder grew lighter and lighter as he made his rounds, telling the elves that he would pick up their goods on his way out of the village. It was a hassle carrying all those things for the entire day.

"Did you hear about the strange things happening in the first?" Haine overheard, turning his head to see two elvish hunters speaking among themselves.

"Indeed I have, " another answered back, "Apparently, there was strange magic last night. We don't know what it was or where it was coming from, but it had Thoron worried for a while. I hope that doesn't mean something troubling is brewing." Haine shrugged it off, not being one for rumors as he made his way out of the marketplace.

"Haine!" Another elf called to him, sprinting up to the human, "Thoron is asking for you. I think he's expecting you and the companion you brought." Haine gave the elf a nod, "Thank you... where can I find him?"

"The elf temple in the center of town, " The elf replied, "You can't miss it." Haine then took off, a bit curious as to what Thoron had in his mind.

Together, Lily and Belinda stepped into the temple. The two women were greeted by a lightly armored man sporting a bow and arrow--- clearly a guard. "Good afternoon Miss Lily, Thoron is waiting for you. He can be found down the hall to the right, the very last door. Lily then gave a nervous smile and nodded, "Okay," she spoke quietly before creeping past the guard. As soon as the young woman passed the man, four more guardsman appears, standing in a line with the head guardsman as if forming a barrier. Thoron must've been an important person to the elven people, but even from the looks that Belinda gave the men, she was taken by surprise too.

"Are you secretly a princess or something?" Belinda asked with a giggle. Lily scoffed at the idea, "No way!" the young woman whispered.

The two made their way down the long hallway. The building was made is white limestone, much like the architecture found around town. The ceilings consisted entirely of stained glass images, depicting various stories within elven lore. The windows gave the entire building a colorful aura. At the end of the hallway was a set of double wooden doors. Next to the door was yet another guard. The man gave the two a friendly nod before holding on of the doors open. "Miss Lily and Belinda, sir," the guard announced as the two walked through the door.

Thoron greeted Lily with a kind smile as he stood, and gestured to where he wanted her to sit. His eyes scanned the girl from head to toe. "Ahh, that's much better," he spoke, "You are definitely a magnificent young woman."

"Um... okay... thank you?" Lily spoke with a nervous laugh. She then sat down. Were they always so formal and boastful? "So, can you help me find my way home? Even a map will do, I'm not asking you go on an epic quest or---"

"I'm sorry Lily, but where you are... maps will not help you," Thoron interrupted with a sympathetic sigh.

"What do you mean?" Lily asked with a cocked brow.

"I think it's best we wait for Haine to get here before I explain things to you," Thoron exclaimed. "He is your most trusted ally right now, and he needs to understand who you are as well."

"What do you mean who I am? He knows who I am."

"I suppose I should say what you are."

Thoron had always had an aptitude in reading people and their lives. He was what some would call a fortune teller, but he did not like to use such a term. It wasn't often that the man dove into the spirits of others, but upon meeting Lily, he had to look more into her, who she was, where she was from, and ultimately what she was. Although, it didn't take his special talents to be able tell where, or when, Lily was from. The girl claimed it was 2013, and she had mentioned that elves... no longer existed, which was unfortunate news to Thoron. This could perhaps explain that unfamiliar surge of power he had sensed the other night.

Lily let out a sigh and lounged back on the chair she sat in. These people just kept getting even more confusing.

Haine approached the glorious temple, an odd feeling of nervousness biting at him. The temple was something that he had always known was there but never really looked at... it was definitely the most intricate form of architecture that the elves had created, and he felt as though he dirtied the place as he took the first steps up to the entrance. Clearing his throat and fidgeting his hands hesitantly, he approached the guards at the entrance.

"Haine, " One of the guards greeted, "Good to see you. Thorn, Belinda, and the girl are inside waiting for you. It's apparently urgent business... I would make haste. Down the hall to the right, and the very last door." He motioned for Haine to enter, who gave a simple nod as thanks and took in his first few steps.

He walked through the guards who reformed to form a wall of bodies at the entrance. Haine was growing even more nervous now... he didn't like the feeling of something being locked out... or in. Adjusting his leather shirt, he made his way down the crystal clean structure. His feet padded softly onto the beautiful white stone floor, which was completely smooth and polished. The temple was beautiful, and nearly breathtaking for him. Still, he preferred the comfort that the forest gives him.

He made sure to take a good glance at the delicate designs on the windows and the beautiful carvings before making his way down to the last door. The guards gave him a quick look and nodded, stepping aside and opening the door for Haine.

"Ah, " Thoron smiled, "There's the man himself." Haine took a few cautious steps in, his eyes instantly finding Lily. Her clothes suited her well, and her natural beauty and alluring eyes were nearly overwhelming. In fear of staring too much, he bashfully looked away and found a seat beside Lily, looking around the room expectantly.

"Is... there something wrong?" Haine asked, sitting in his chair upright, "Is something wrong with Lily?"

"No," Thoron laughed, "There is nothing wrong with Lily, though I am glad you are concerned Haine. Perhaps you can help her ." Thoron then sat back down in his lounge chair, his eyes scanning the small group sitting before him. "Belinda, I'm sorry to ask you this, but could you please go outside for a bit? I will fill you in later," the elf requested. The female elf obediently obliged. Lilys eyesnwatched as Belinda exited the room. As soon as the door shut behind her, Lily turned her attention back to Thoron.

"Okay, seriously... what is going on here?" Lily asked, sitting forward in her seat and looking straight into Thoron, "You're acting like this is some big deal. I just want directions on how to get out of here and go home."

The elf let out a sigh and rubbed his temples. He shook his head with a nervous smile. "That's the thing Lily, you don't know what's going on. I am pretty sure I know, but I wanted to break it to explain it to you and perhaps... I suppose break it to you gently," he explained, "Your situation is much more complicated than just giving you a map and sending you along with your, believe me, if I could I would dear."

"Then what?" Lily asked with a cocked brow, "I'm guessing I'm farther away than I thought I was?"

"Quite so," Thoron replied with a nervous laugh.

Lily smiled anxiously, "Then I must be on another planet. That explained you elves then, eh?"

"More like another time," the elf confessed.

The young woman was still confused. How on Earth was that possible. This seriously had to be a joke. She let out a snicker, "I'd sooner believe another planet than another time," she spoke.

"Well it's true, and I'm guessing you are not well versed in history and lore in your time?" the elf remarked.

"Um... not in particular. I wasn't too bad in history growing up, but I wasn't some scholar. I know enough to know that time travel is not possible," Lily spoke in defense.

"Well, it very much so was, for one particular race... the time wielders. They weren't much different from humans, they had just in ancient times gained the power to manipulate time. Not much is known about how they did this, they were long ago wiped out," Thoron explained, eyeing the girl with an austere gaze.

"Well then you're mistaken. I'm not from an ancient civilization. I'm from the new millenium, 2013. The twenty first century," the young woman rebutted.

"Yes, but your incarnate was not. You are likely the reincarnation of a time wielder and remnants of their powers were instilled in you. That is lkely how you ended up here. Tell me again, exactly what happened that night. What were you doing before bed? What did you do as you went to bed, what did you dream of, what happened when you woke?"

Lily sat silently for a second recollecting her memories of that night, and then proceeded to explain the events to him. "I was working on some school work on my bed, and decided to go to sleep. I put my things away and flopped into bed. I didn't really struggle much to sleep, it was just your average night. I sleep on my side. My dream was when everything began I suppose. I had a dream with uh... Haine in it. He was in it..." she confessed, pointing to Haine.

"And what was Haine doing in this dream?" Thoron asked.

"He was waiting for me I guess. He was standing in the woods staring at me, just... waiting," she explained, "And then I woke up in the woods. I wandered until I ran into some wolves and Haine showed up and helped me."

Thoron nodded, it did appear that these two were drawn to each other by a stronger power than simply running into each other. Perhaps Haine was destined to help Lily? Were they soul mates that even time could not separate? It was something, but that was not something up to Thoron to decide, so he chose to keep quiet on the subject. But still, there were serious issues at hand.

"Lily, again, I am certain you are what I say you are. You can choose to deny it or believe it. You have a few options available to you dear. If you are indeed not a time traveler, I'm sorry to say this, but you are stuck in the past, a thousand years in the past I might add. And there are no time wielders here to help you. You can make a new life here if you wish. Or you can embrace what I have told you and learn to harness your powers. That way you can go home and never return here once you do. But you have a gift dear, a great power. I suggest you take advantage of it. But heed my warning, keep it to yourself. There are people who would take advantage of you and your powers if they are revealed."

Lily hadn't noticed it, but the young woman found her hand gripping Haine's and squeezing it. Part of her didn't want to believe it. There had to be something to all of this.

"Name the mountain range that just lies on the outskirts of this town," Lily requested.

"Those are the Silverpeak Mountains," Thoron answered.

Her body grew cold. "Then we're... approximately in Winterhaven, the town just north of my hometown. It lies at the bottom of the mountain range. They're still called the Silverpeak Mountains. And the river that comes through here?" Lily asked once more.

"Silk river," Thoron answered.

It was confirmed. How on Earth did this happen? And why her of all people. The young woman grew pale as she lounged back in her seat. Her heart was racing and her head was a blur. She was a thousand years in the past?! She had no way to get home that she knew of. Even if she was one of those... time travelers... wielders, whatever, she had no idea how to use those powers to get back home. What was she going to do?

Haine felt his hand being squeezed by Lily. He was a little alarmed at first, a bit in surprise that she grabbed it but also realizing how the situation was for her. He gave her another squeeze back, hoping to comfort her in any way. While he lived his life as a hermit in the forest, he wasn't stupid; he knew there was great magic in the world that acted in unpredictable ways, but to send Lily back into time? Even he had a hard time believing it at first. But understanding the way she had been acting when he met her the day earlier, it would explain why she was so foreign.

"Don't worry, Lily, " Haine stated, "There is hope for you to return back home if you wish. If what he says is true, then you have time to figure out how to use that strange magic of yours.... if you want to go, that is." He knew that she would want to go back home, but the thought made him a bit... sad...

"Thoron, " Haine began, looking up at the elf man, "I... " He began to think of the strange dreams he had himself, of strange mechanical moving objects and structures that stabbed up to the clouds.

"What is it, Haine?" Thoron asked, raising an eyebrow, "Is there something that you want to tell me?"

"...no, " Haine shook his head, "It's nothing. Is Lily going to be in any danger now that she's back in time? Will anything she does... have any repercussions in her future?"

"Hm, " Thoron thought, "That's hard to say... but I am surprised that you have a big word in your vocabulary, Haine." Thoron teased, "I keep saying that we can educate you."

"No thanks, " Haine shook his head, his cheeks flushed, "I... it would be too strange." He looked over at Lily and tried to give her a comforting smile.

"Well, in the meantime, if you'd let me, I could teach you a bit of the ways of living out here." He scratched his head, "I mean, if you want to come back to live with me. The elves could probably give you better hospitality than I can, so, um... " He was trying to hide the fact that he wanted her to come back with him, but also give her a choice. His mind was all jumbled when it came to Lily.

Thoron smiled at the two, he could sense it in Haine that he was already growing fond of the girl. The sight of their fingers laced together was a surefire sign of the bond the two were bound to have. Perhaps they needed each other. Haine needed Lily to become a bit more... civilized. He had no one but himself, Lily would make great company. Lily needed to learn the ways of their time, and perhaps staying with Haine would keep her out of harm's way for the mean time. As much as he wished the girl would stay in their quaint village, perhaps it was best the two of them stayed together.

"I'll give you some time to think, Lily. Haine, you keep her company," Thoron instructed as he stood and exited the study.

Lily sat there in silence for a few minutes, the only sound being that of the swishes tree tops as the wind rushed through them, and the soft chirps of birds as they made their way across the sky. Silently, she tried to gather her thoughts. Her hand remained clasped to Haine's, quivering gently. What was she to do? If she was a time wielder, it was obvious her powers weren't so simple. She hadn't dreamt of anything the night before, and she hadn't gone back home. She was still here... in the past, with some man wasn't even with the times he was in. How would he be of any help? He knew less than the elves did. But then again, why was Haine in her dream? It was almost as clear as day. Her eyes shifted towards the man as she recollected the dream she had that night just before waking up in this world. Was her mind predicting something? She was a time wielder... not some fortune teller. So what was so special about him? Perhaps she should spend some time trying to find out. Either way, there was something about Haine that she liked. He was incredibly good looking in his own unique way. His hair was a bit of a mess, and his clothing was certainly something else, but he had the most strikingly blue eyes, and rugged looks that were rare to find in men in her time.

"I uh, I think I will stay with you," she spoke softly. She wasn't too sure the guy even really wanted her around. Maybe he was just offering out of obligation, but hey, he offered. "For now, I think that is the best option for me. I could use the fresh air, and it'll give me time to think."

Lily then gently let go of Haine's hand, and stood up. If all else failed, she knew she had the elves near by to help her.

As Lily opened the door, she was greeted by Belinda holding a rather large basket. "A care package for Miss Lily. If you're going to be staying with Mister Haine here, I'm sure you could use a few luxuries that one might not find out there in the wilderness," she spoke with a large smile. "B-But, how did you know--- I didn't tell Thoron I was going to stay with Haine," Lily muttered with confusions. "Oh, he just kind of figured that was what you'd do, so he had me gather up some things," Belinda replied.

"Okay, well, I think for now... I will be living with Haine. I could use the peace and quiet, not that this place isn't peaceful, but, I could really use the alone time," Lily explained. The female elf responded with a nod, "Well, we hope you return soon! Thoron would certainly like you to check in with him from time to time," Belinda spoke before waving good bye and prancing down the hallway.

Lily turned her attention back to Haine, her eyes filled with exhaustion and emptiness, "Can we please go back to your home?" she asked with a slight frown.

Haine stood up with her, still feeling quite concerned. It was really hitting Lily hard, and he wasn't sure what was going to happen now. Although he understood what she was going through and knew that she needed comfort, he had no clue how to give it. His way with words were what were perfect, and he had no clue of any way he could make her feel much better. Maybe she would get better as time went on... meanwhile, he would do the best he could to make her feel at home. It didn't show on his face, but he was very glad that she was going to stay with him.

"If you want to head back, it doesn't bother me at all." He nodded, "I don't spend more time here than is necessary... just follow me to the market so that I can pick up some goods and we'll be on our way." He lead her out of the temple, giving nods to the guards. The air seemed much more relaxing and fresher outside, and he made sure to get a lungful before heading his way into the market.

Figuring that she wanted to leave as soon as possible, he tried to gather his things as fast as he could. He went from stand to stand, filling up the sack that he held over his back. After about ten minutes of walking down the market street and talking to the vendors, he was finished. He tried to give Lily a smile, and finally decided to take his leave.

"Hey daddy, can I have this?" A childish voice called from the side, grabbing Haine's attention. An elvish couple with their young child were shopping, wide smiles plastered on their faces.

"Ask your mother, " The father chuckled, patting his kid on the head, "It's not up to me." The child turned to their mother, pouting their lips as they pointed to what looked like a small elvish doll.

"Of course, little one," She laughed, "You've been good!"

"Yay!" The child hopped with a huge grin, wrapping both of their parents in a hug, "I love you!"

Haine didn't realize that he had stopped to stare, his hand clenching loosely. When he realized what he was doing, he shook it out of his head, "Sorry, " He apologized to Lily, "I... um, let's go." He looked away, his face flushed a little red. Ever since her arrival, he was strangely becoming even more embarrassed and self conscious... what exactly was doing this to him? Suddenly, he began to care immensely of what he said or did around her. He put his thoughts behind him, heading to the outskirts of the village. Besides, Lily was in a tougher spot than he ever was... he should focus more on keeping her comfortable and safe.

Lily followed Haine obediently through town not speaking one word along the way. Her mind was still in quite the fog. She felt this overwhelming emptiness. Even if she was still on the same planet, she felt like she was in an entirely different world. It was like she had been ripped out of her life and thrown into a story book. She was surrounded by elves, elves! In her world, they were a long extinct race. And she was now following a man who was rather primitive in nature. He was even a bit unorthodox to the people in this time. She was to stay with him. What was she to do with her time? How was she supposed to learn how to use her supposed powers? She was at a loss and utterly clueless. She couldn't even the sights as the two hiked their way back through the woods, up to the hill where Haine's home was. All she could think about was what this place was to her. In her time, it had all been leveled out and turned into a city surrounded by suburbs. Haine probably would not have liked to hear it, so she kept the thoughts to herself.

By time the two made it to the base of the hill leading them up to the man's cottage, the sun was beginning to set behind the trees. There was a cool breeze in the air, and the world was silent other than the rustling of leaves. Lily's eyes remained focused on the ground before her as she made her way up and followed a foot beaten trail that lead up to Haine's home.

"Don't mind me, I'm just going to sit inside and think awhile. I don't want to disrupt your daily routine," she spoke, giving Haine a weak smile before stepping inside the darkened cottage. With the sun down, there wasn't much light. The young woman set down her basket of gifts from the elves and then curled up in the chair, her knees pulled up and her arms wrapped around them. She wished she had someone to go to, someone to vent to, to cry to, complain, yell, anything. Haine didn't seem to be much of the sociable type, and seemed uncomfortable simply by looking at her, so he probably wouldn't be much support.

As she turned to leave into his cabin, Haine reached out a hand, but he stopped and touched nothing but empty air. He lowered it down before she noticed, remaining silent as she placed herself onto the chair. He felt useless... what could he say or do? Maybe she just needed some time to think... it wasn't like he knew what to tell her anyways. He stood in the doorway, hesitating for a few more moments... he was still shocked, but not nearly as half as she was. She was taken away from her home, away from people she could relate to... and here he was probably more of an animal than a man.

"I'll go hunting, " He stated, "If you need me, or anything... don't be afraid to call." He placed his sack of goods into his small house, grabbing his bow and an extra set of arrows. The night was coming, but there would still be a small stream of moonlight to guide him on his way. He gave Lily one more glance before leaving, gently closing the door behind him.

With his distracted mind, hunting wasn't as good as it usually was. He managed to strike a few rabbits, and that was it. He really wasn't feeling it in him, and came back to his home with the rabbits hanging from his hand.

He made sure to skin them outside because of the smell... that, and he was sure that Lily wouldn't appreciate seeing such a bloody scene. The sun was burning in the horizon, showing that the day was coming to an end. He was happy that he had enough rabbit meat to make a small stew, which he was sure was enough for both him and Lily. With two elvish bowls he had gotten on a previous trip, he sat in front of Lily and handed her one.

"I used some elvish spices and such for this, " He stated, "I hope that you find it alright." He then resumed to eat in silence, his thoughts wandering throughout the rest of the night.

((I'm not sure when you want to insert the timeskip lol))

((You can do it whenever just as long as we don't have anything planned xP))

Lily soon fell asleep after Haine left to go hunting. It wasn't a deep sleep, she kept drifting in and out. There were no dreams to be had, but even the slightest pick up in the wind sounded loud enough to wake her up with the lack of disturbances. The world was alarmingly quiet, unlike the one she had always known. It was peaceful, and she enjoyed it, but at a great cost. It wasn't until Haine returned that she bothered to move. With heavy groggy eyes, Lily slowly lifted her head and draped her legs over the chair, now sitting properly. She watched him in silence as he prepared something... from the looks of it, it was stew. She had forgotten about lunch or dinner and didn't even notice how hungry she was. But the smell of the stew quickly reminded her. "Thank you," she spoke with a soft smile as she took the bowl from him and proceeded to eat.

As she ate, her eyes couldn't help but turn Haine's way. Every so often she'd watch him, and think about him. He lived in this cottage alone, and probably did the same thing, day after day, alone. Everything he did was necessary for bare minimum comfort and survival. While down the hill and along the stream were elves who seemed to live rather prosperously for their time, and they even seemed to have adapted some luxury and leisure into their lifestyle. She couldn't help but notice the way Haine looked at them as he browsed the various vendors and stands earlier. "Hey Haine...," Lily started, setting her now empty bowl down, "Do you ever get lonely?" she asked, "I couldn't help but notice some things, and I'm not exactly familiar with a lifestyle like this. You said you've always lived like this, but I think I'd get lonely."

She was feeling rather alone at that moment as a matter of fact. Sure, she had Haine to keep her company, but the two hardly knew each other, and he so far wasn't one for talking, and his demeanor was a bit awkward.

Haine thought for a moment, chewing his stew as his thoughts drifted. "Lonely, " He repeated, "I... " He lost his words for a second, emotions slightly flaring up. "I often... get this feeling that there's so much more out there, " He began, setting down his bowl, "I'm not talking about new forests, cities, or places like that... When I see happy families in elven villages or human towns, I sort of get this... empty feeling. As if there's something missing in my life, and that I don't know what it is. So, I guess I do get lonely..." He shifts the spoon around in his hands,"There really isn't something else in my life other than the forest and the animals..."

He brought his bowl back up, chowing down. He really hadn't let his heart out like that before... but it really felt good doing it. Letting it all out like a river was quite soothing, and even if she didn't know it Lily was really brightening his attitude.

"What about you?" He asked, "Family? Friends... lovers of any sort?" He said before diving down into his food. He knew he asked her a little about her past, but he wanted to know much more about her. There wasn't much to say about himself, but for her it looked different. She had probably seen many places, done exciting things, and had a much different outlook on living than he did.

Lily gave him a soft smile and nodded, just as she suspected. He wasn't entirely the hermit she thought he was; He had just grown up and lived alone. "It sounds like you just want a family," Lily spoke. "But, you might have to leave this little cottage of yours and explore beyond this forest to find that," she added. There was a whole world outside of this area. Surely he didn't have the means of travel that she did in her time, but he most certainly wasn't going to find it where he was.

"I do indeed have a family," Lily started with a sigh, now answering his question, "I had parents, a brother, and a sister. No lovers, I am, or well, was too busy focusing on my studies, "I actually lived in this area. It uh... looks really different now, er--- in the future. This forest now is a city called Riverville. Maybe the spot I woke up in is where my house was." She decided to stop out. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea for people of the past to know too much about the future, especially Haine. He seemed rather fond of the forest, and it was indeed a beautiful forest and she could see why. She began to wonder what he'd think if he saw what it looked like in the future. At least in he'd never have to witness the industrialization in his lifetime. Would she even ever get to see it again?

"I'm sorry for rambling. I don't think I should reveal too much. I... uh, I think it's probably best I go to bed. I've had a long day and I'm tired. I just want to sleep," Lily spoke softly as she stood up from her seat. It was a bit early to sleep, but she had little energy for anything else. Not that there was anything she could do anyway.

Haine stared at the ground with a sad expression, "No more forest, huh?..." He knew that it was going to happen at some point. Humans in nearby villages were constantly having to expand, cutting down more and more of the trees for homes, space, and tools. The forest that had been his home and family since he was being born was slowly dying... and there was nothing he could do. Sure, he could try and fight back, but it would be pointless. He would be dealing with a little symptom of a whole problem.

Haine sighed and looked up at her, "I understand, " He nodded, "What you got today was quite a shock... I couldn't ever imagine being put through all that. Feel free to take as much space on the bed as you need... until I need to sleep too." He tried to chuckle a little, but it ended up sounding like a dry huff. Shaking his head, he slow ate his stew as he waited for the hours to tick by and by.

Finally, he stumbled over to the small bed. Making sure not to disturb Lily sleeping, he got himself under the covers without too much movement. Satisfied with his work, he closed his eyes and began to think. She had only been over for one other day, and already he was very comfortable with her. He wasn't sure why, but he was feeling a strong connection with her... were they the same in something? He was sure they weren't relatives... that would be very strange, considering he was positive he wouldn't have any children in the future. After constant thoughts attacking his head, he finally fell asleep.

As soon as Lily hit the cloth piling, the young woman was out like a light. All of the things she had seen, and the things she had learned had taken done a number on her mind, and all she wanted to do was go to sleep and hope it was all a bad dream. Of course she'd wake the next day to be reminded that this whole situation was by no means a dream. Day after day for a week, she would wake to the same sunlight gleaming through the window of a cottage that she did not call home. It belonged to a man unlike anyone she had ever met. The man was quite the hermit, a little awkward, quiet, but kind and gentle.

Each morning, Lily would lay in bed even though she had long waken, and just listen to the sound of the wind and the chirps of birds. Haine had long gotten up and started his daily routine which was strategically designed for survival and bare minimum comfort, yet she could hardly find the will to simply get up and eat until she was nauseous from hunger. By societies standards and expectations, she was now a woman, but never in her life had she wanted her mommy more. She felt utterly helpless, useless, and if this was to be her new life, what was her purpose? She had barely even begun to find her place in her own time!

After about two days, she found herself being able to wander over to the chair and lounge there. The bed left her hair looking tangled and a mess. She had been laying down so much she felt light headed when she stood.

After five days, she wandered outside. Lily did not venture far; she found herself a tree right outside the cottage and sat down below it. The softness of the grass, the cradle of the thick trunk and sprawling roots cradling her, and the warmth of the sun easily lulled the young woman into a sleep. When her eyes were closed, it could almost feel as familiar as the times she'd play in her backyard as a child. After running around and playing for hours on end, she'd plant her bum at the side of a tree and fall asleep.

This was where Lily now found herself, a week later, yet in the past. Alone under the tree she sat. The young woman had woken from a nap and had found herself picking dandelions out of the ground and lacing them together. Her hair was a mess and she was well over due for a bath, but the young woman paid no mind to her appearance and... perhaps her smell. How bad could she smell? She hadn't done much in the past week. There were definitely things found in Haine's cottage the smelled worse than Lily.

The sun shined high in the sky, and there was no a cloud in sight. The long grass surrounded her like a well formed nest. Perhaps it was the fresh air and sunlight that had helped her energy as of late. Or perhaps she had reached a state of numbness. There was little she could do, so why fret about it? The world she had come to see, and the things she had experienced the past week were unlike anything she could have ever imagined, so... perhaps it was time to do things and act in ways she never thought she would or could.

For the entire week, Haine had reverted back to his life before living with Lilly... well, while living with Lily. He knew that she was going through some powerful emotions, but he had a hard time understanding what it would be like getting separated from your family for so long. He imagined it would be something like him no longer being together with the forest, and that he would lose his home. It probably wasn't close to what she was going through, and he couldn't do anything except make her food, keep her safe, and care for her as best he could. Living with somebody was still completely new to him, so he hoped she find what he did satisfactory.

His schedule each day followed this: Every morning he would go out early to hunt. He would return and make breakfast for himself and Lily. After that, he would venture out again and start collecting herbs and animals with rare furs for his trade with the elves. He would skin them outside of his cabin, wash them in the river, and then take a bath. He had some free time then, and he would make lunch and do a little upkeep on his tools... mostly for hours. After that, he would go out again to hunt and gather, and would come back to make dinner.

After a few of the days had passed, he was glad to see Lily make her way to the tree not too far from his home. It was his favorite place to be when he was younger, and he was glad to see that the tree had some human company again. He had been very worried about Lily... she would barely get up, and she looked terrible. She wasn't really taking good care of herself, and sometimes he found himself sleeping somewhere else to give her space that she needed. He talked to her on some occasions, but it appeared she still wanted time to herself.

On the last day of the week, Haine finally decided to approach her again. He was covered in a bit of sweat and dirt from his latest hunting trip, and he was obviously heaving heavy things in his bag. "Lily, " He called out, "I'm heading to the stream in the back to take a bath. If you ever feel like it, you can go too. Um, I promise not to look.... " He scratched his head, standing around awkwardly for a reply.

Back
Top Bottom