Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Random Info About You 2.0

Info: My blood sugar has been in the pre-diabetic range for the last two weeks consistently!! WOOT

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
His kidneys seem to be fine and thanks. It's weird having a diabetic animal but he loves the food I've got him on that's similar to diabetic food but he squirms when I try to give him shots. He was fine the first two-three times but today he was just not having it. I finally gave him his shot today though thankfully.
I'm glad on both counts (good kidney function and you being able to get him his shots). So you've got him on the m/d I think it is? Did you have to get a prescription card to get the food?

Ruphhausin said:
Info: My blood sugar has been in the pre-diabetic range for the last two weeks consistently!! WOOT
I'm very sorry to hear that sir. Any chance those glucose levels can come back down?

Info: I should be able to walk in less than a week - first time in 10 weeks. I'm very excited.

Fact: I have podophobia.

I'm afraid disgusted when it comes to feet. Even my own.

Don't judge me. I have issues. >_>

Uprising said:
Fact: I have podophobia.

I'm afraid disgusted when it comes to feet. Even my own.

Don't judge me. I have issues. >_>
Who would judge you for a fear you have? That must be hard though. Does it affect your life significantly?

Nah, it's more like this: anyone who touches me with their bare feet makes me gag and scoot away. Even I hate sitting criss cros ssometimes because my feet touch my calves, and they're so warm.. e.e

Also, my family just loves to take their shoes off and smother me with nasty, dirty, sweaty feet. Like, seriously? Ugh.

But no, it's not a life threatening situation. Other than that and my coulrophobia, I am normal. XD

Hating them and being afraid are two completely different things.

Info: Tired. Very, very tired.
Info: Hope that I can wrangle my friend into helping me give Ziggy his shot tonight. =/
Info: I hate giving Ziggy his shots, especially since he hissed at me last night and then was shaking this morning.
Info: Is it Saturday yet? =/

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Hating them and being afraid are two completely different things.

Info: Tired. Very, very tired.
Info: Hope that I can wrangle my friend into helping me give Ziggy his shot tonight. =/
Info: I hate giving Ziggy his shots, especially since he hissed at me last night and then was shaking this morning.
Info: Is it Saturday yet? =/
But are her hate and fear mutually exclusive?

That really sucks that he's getting so stressed. Have you tried the towel over the head thing? My vet said it calms them down. At least he isn't drooling or panting (I hope). What's his reaction to scruffing? Some cats freak out. Some don't.

LadydeSade said:
I'm a health freak. This has lead to a 45lbs weight drop in a year. No complaints.

What's your secret? Cruz from dieting alone I lost 32 lbs in 8 weeks, but I'm getting flabby, my muscles are cannibalizing themselves and shrinking.

Millenium Joker said:
LadydeSade said:
I'm a health freak. This has lead to a 45lbs weight drop in a year. No complaints.

What's your secret? Cruz from dieting alone I lost 32 lbs in 8 weeks, but I'm getting flabby, my muscles are cannibalizing themselves and shrinking.

I stopped doing diets. I had been trying to lose weight for a long time and couldn't. So I recently stopped eating (or mostly) anything that has ingredients I can't pronounce or are processed. I drink water and skim milk or homemade vegetable juice. :) I also workout three days a week including a mile or two run and weights targeting different muscle groups each time. I do a lot of juicing.

No anemia, good blood pressure and cholesterol and I'm five pounds under my goal.

Huh.... Seems like a good idea....

Although, like I said the diet alone I'm on has shed 32 lbs in 8 weeks. Just gotta hit the gym again about to go now actually and I can start cutting down more effectively. But I'll take what I can from your plan that isn't already incorporated in my diet (example: I only drink skim or almond milk now, and I drink at least 2 liters of water a day, etc.)

My suggestion will always be don't think of it as a diet, but a complete and permanent change. :) Once you have all the good stuff, you won't want the bad.

Congrats on the loss so far!

Aye, that seems to be what everyone has told me so far...

I will say this though, as far as physiological changes go. After intense restriction of food for 6 weeks (eating only a protein bar or shake every 3 hours) I can only eat about half as much as I used to before I get full, so there's good new there. Also, my numbers are looking better every week, including my water intake and water percentages in the body. So far, the doctor who took my initial readings is impressed with the progress.

Millenium Joker said:
Aye, that seems to be what everyone has told me so far...

I will say this though, as far as physiological changes go. After intense restriction of food for 6 weeks (eating only a protein bar or shake every 3 hours) I can only eat about half as much as I used to before I get full, so there's good new there. Also, my numbers are looking better every week, including my water intake and water percentages in the body. So far, the doctor who took my initial readings is impressed with the progress.

That's totally the best part! Not even just the weight change, but when all the other numbers start to get better. Juicing has really done that for me. And water, your skin will love that. :) Great to hear.

I'll echo what LadydeSade said. You definitely deserve kudos for that loss. Do you feel better? Have you had to buy lots of new clothes?

@LadydeSade: Moving away from processed foods and chemically-laden items seems to be the way to go. But it's so expensive! I love Trader Joe's for that. Even though a lot of their stuff isn't labeled organic, there are very few (if any) added ingredients.

Random Info: I'm not buying anymore expensive cat toys that I can't simulate with something else. $5.99 catnip ball = ignored. 40 cent golf ball = greatest find ever apparently.

Yay a fellow label reader! Pretty much if I have no idea how to pronounce it, I give up. Haha. It's scary, what all of these chemicals do to people in the long run. It doesn't help that I work with clinical research so I'm paranoid now. Trader Joes = love.

Also, crumple up aluminum foil or tissue. Cats love it.

Nice! So you actually know what a lot of this stuff is. I don't know if that's better or worse. But I do know that I spend more time that I'd like to looking up chemicals on Google. I'm not sure what scares me more when it comes to the long term effects: What we already know or what we haven't even learned yet.

Foil, tissue, paper towels... the less expensive, the more entertaining seems to be the general equation. I don't let them have foil or rubber bands because I worry about ingestion. Paper products are okay, but I hate wasting them and I tire of finding "snow" in my home.

Back
Top Bottom