Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Knight And The Sorcerer (the pony of death & HeartOfTheDarkness)

HeartOfTheDarkness

Promise Nothing, Deliver Less
Sir Lance approached the room of the sorceress. For years she has ravaged the land with her dark magic, causing fear to everyone in the nearby kingdoms. The forest surrounding her tower was filled with terrible monsters. Her tower was filled with tricks and traps. Stories tell of her fearsome magic, sending every warrior that has ever challenged her to their doom. She is said to be a fearsome being, draining the life from her foes and feeding them to herself. An old witch, desiring to stay young with her dark arts.

It took many moons, but Sir Lance made his way through it all. The monsters fell, he crossed the traps, and he was not fooled by her tricks. Armed with his battle whip and his own secret weapon that the king has entrusted to him. A set of gauntlets, powered with ancient dark magic, it should be enough to overpower the sorceress's own magic. He just couldn't overuse it, or the magic in the gauntlets could twist his mind.

Ready to face his foe, Lance kicked in the door and charged into the room. His whip was ready and his gauntlets were prepared to take the sorceress off guard. "Stop, foul witch. Your days of terror are over. I shall be the hero to defeat you, and you will be tried for your crimes. Pray to whatever deity you worship, because you will surely receive death." He announced, waiting for his foe to make the first move.

Kieran smirked she had known he was coming, her violin in hand, she slowly raised it to rest under chin, she lightly rested the tips of her fingers on the strings, she gently pressed on the one of the strings. She looked over at him, she slowly moved the bow to rest on the strings as she slowly drew the bow across the string, she grinned "you see I'm not going anywhere" she said softly, her voice was as light and lilting as her melody. She started to play a very simple and sad song, she focused to release the power from the strings. The strings were not the usual tan color, they were instead bright red, which looked strangely beautiful with the deep mahogany color of the instrument. She continued to play as he drew near her, "you see your king has no right to judge me" she said softly.
She stopped once the song was complete "For it is your king who made me who I am." she said with a smirk. She had good reason for her cruelty, she had after all learned it from none other than the best "why do you think he gave you those gauntlets?" she said softly. She gently held the violin and bow in opposite hands at his sides, she raised the bow pointing it at him "I thought you were here to kill me not to capture me my dear" her crystalline blue eyes looked deep into his, she was reading him. She knew that she could take him down if she wished it, but for some reason she did not wish him harm, she wanted him to bring her to the king, she wanted to face him again. She held her instrument out to him, she figured she could get under his guard if she cooperated, she needed his help to get to her enemy.
Kieran slowly moved towards him "let me guess you were expecting a crazy old hag, I am no hag I just maintain my appearance that was robbed from me all those years ago" she whispered. She vanished and reappeared behind him, she lightly pressed her instrument into his hands "just be careful with it is all I ask" she whispered in his ear.

A little confused, Lance took the instrument. He didn't believe a word she said about his king, but if was odd that she was willing to cooperate with him. No resistance, no fight, no explosions from their clash of power, she simply gave him her violin and agreed to come back to the kingdom with him. As for her looks, she was definitely much prettier than he expected. He expected at least evil markings all over her from when she made a pact with the devil, but no. She was a beautiful young girl, yet she had such a cold heart.

Now that he had the chance, he figured he should restrain her so that she couldn't get away. He reached into his sack and pulled out chained cuffs and a rope. He put a cuff around each wrist, limiting her reach now. Then he wrapped her torso up with the rope, so that she couldn't move her arms. He tied the end of the rope to his belt so that she wouldn't get far. Now, what to do with the violin?

It was clearly what she used to perform magic. Why shouldn't he destroy it? It would leave her powerless. Although, her magic could benefit the kingdom. He put the violin in his sack and was ready to go. "Maybe if you are polite, the king will spare your miserable life in his dungeons." He smirked as he walked out the door, pulling her along. "Let's go woman."

Kieran sighed as she allowed him to cuff her, she knew he was confused by her lack of resistance, but she had learned a few things over the years, for one resistance against some one who was able to get past monsters and traps that no one else had in years would be only risk her getting injured. Cooperation was the logical path to take, she did not seek injury or problems for herself, she still had some tricks up her sleeve, he had only taken a tool she used to amplify her power. But it was not her only source. If she wanted to escape she could with little to no trouble, "Your king spares no one regardless of innocence or guilt" she said simply, she kept her expression neutral. She knew that if she wanted she could have him begging for her to give him her affection, if she had wanted to she could have done that up in the tower. What he didn't know was who his king truly was, she planned to open his eyes, she planned to show him everything. When he called her woman, she did not appreciate that "I have been more than civil thus far I think you owe me some respect. Your mind is clouded by your hatred, clouding will only get you killed" she said bluntly.
Kieran stood there and refused to budge until he treated her with some respect, she did deserve it, she was not just a woman. She had a name and many other titles she had gathered over the years that still would have been better than what he had chosen to call her. She looked at him, she could be difficult when she wanted to be, and right now she wanted to be very difficult. She had no value in life anymore other than to test peoples limits, and to create things, that was the reason behind the monsters that wandered around her home. She had created them, to her they were little more than pets, pets that did nothing but crave human blood. She looked around the room, she felt a power here, she closed her eyes and they flashed slightly as they reopened. A nearby vase struck him in the back of the head, she wanted to show him that she had not appreciated his disrespect.

Lance was getting annoyed. At first, he tried to ignore her, pulling at the rope. She was moving, but it was very slowly. They were almost at the door in a matter of what felt like hours. At this rate, he'll become exhausted and she could get the upper hand. Nothing would please him more than to simply strike her down, but for whatever reason, his king requested that she is to be arrested with as little damage as possible.

When she threw the vase at his head, he almost lost it. He simply turned around and looked at the witch. "Fine, I'll call you by another name. Harlot? Wench? Hag? You talk about being civil. Well, where was your civility when my comrades approached you. Henry, Laurence, Peter, Jeffery. Were you and your beasts civil to them? What about the innocents that lost their lives to your dark magic? Where's the civility in that? Now I'm taking you with me whether you like it or not."

And with that, Lance picked up the sorceress and threw her over his shoulder. It didn't matter that she was too close for his comfort, he was angry now. He lost friends that went after her on this mission. He heard of villages getting destroyed by her monsters. Men, women, and children dead from her reign of terror. And she preached to him about being civil, it made him sick to his stomach thinking about it. "Whatever the king sees in you is beyond me. If I were allowed the choice, you wouldn't be taken prisoner. I'd be leaving for the kingdom with your head."

Kieran looked furious when he called her by those names, looked across the room and found a large book, her eyes flashed again and she sent it flying into the back of his head "you have no idea what I am. I am no Harlot, your oh so wonderful king only wants me alive because he created me, he is the one who made me this way. I killed them in defense, I have a right to defend myself, the only reason I have ever done any of this was to cause your king pain." she said with a bit of snarled. She did not fear death, in fact she had died many times in her eyes, she knew that he would not believe her but her words were the truth. "I demand you put me down I do not wished to be touched by any man." she said bluntly.

She thought back to some of the things that had made her cruel, she had once been pure of heart, she'd felt nothing but love and longing for life, then she was taken from her home. She had been born and raised on a compound, she had been brought up as healer, that was her first taste of magic, she remembered the feel she had gotten from being able to heal others. But that time had long since passed, she no longer valued lives, she valued power and revenge. It was truly sad how she had ended up this way, but she suspected that he was not even ready to hear her side of the story, it wasn't fair really the true evil had the power and all the comforts of the world.

Lance continued to ignore the sorceress's screaming as he continued to carry her out of the tower. She wiggled, she kicked, and beat her hands against him, but he didn't flinch. As she used her magic to throw more things at him, he just ignored it and ignored the sorceress altogether. The evil sorceress that everyone was so afraid of was acting like a spoiled brat. At was actually a little funny to him, to see how much the mighty sorceress has fallen.

When night came around, he decided to set up camp. After starting a fire on a pile of sticks and grass, he tied his prisoner to a tree trunk and sat down. There was no talking, no real interactions, he just sat there and glared at the witch. Sure her looks were appealing, but he was able to see through it. She was just a heartless witch to him, not caring for human lives. And when the king got a hold of her, he hoped that she would suffer a thousand deaths for her crimes. And then he will be rewarded for his efforts.

Kieran sighed when he carried her, she tried to make herself comfortable but found it to be very difficult but what could the expect she had tormented so many. But it wasn't entirely her fault "don't use the gauntlets that he gave you, one use is all it takes, it's intoxicating to feel that power course through your body. It gets to you it will make you forget everything else, nothing else will matter to you, no matter how pure your intentions" she said softly. She looked around the camp "will you at least put something behind my head so I might at least sleep tonight" she said looking over at him. She knew he considered her to be nothing but pure evil, and while her actions had suggested that in the past, if she were pure evil, she would have resisted and likely killed him. She rested her head back against the trunk, when she didn't have contact with the violin she had more of a clear head, though she longed to hold it, she was beginning to figure out what it had done to her.
She thought back to when this had all started, the king had taken her from her home, she had been forced to live a life that in her mind was pure sin. She had left that life when he gave her the violin as a tool to help him relax, she soon realized what it was really capable of. She snapped back to reality "keep the violin away from me" she said softly. She loved the instrument it played more beautifully than any other, that feeling had been so intoxicating it had only made it more addicting to her.

So now she was showing concern for him? The witch that demanded him to show her respect was now warning him not to use the gauntlets. He laughed a little when she gave him the warning. Of course he knew the gauntlets were dangerous, he knew he had to limit it's use. Then when she asked for something to rest her head on, he just tossed a rock her direction. "You can rest your head on that." He said, knowing it would anger her further. Since he couldn't harm her, he was going to perform his own way of torturing her. He wanted her to be miserable, to drive her insane. He could at least harm her mentally.

Now she was telling him not to give her the violin? She wanted him to keep her weapon away from her. Was she telling him how to do his job, mocking him somehow? "Silence. Just what are you doing? The ruthless witch is warning me about the gauntlets. And now she's telling me to keep her own weapon away from her. Why don't I just smash it?" He stood up, but fought the urge to smack her. "Remain silent, or else an accident might occur and the king won't be able to keep his prize. Once we arrive to the kingdom tomorrow, the happier I'll be when I finally get rid of you." Lance turned around and leaned against a tree away from her. He couldn't stand the sight of this woman, it just infuriated him.

Kieran looked over at him "I was not so different from you once a very long time ago. The gauntlets, he gave them to you, they are nothing but trouble he told you to limit the use, you shouldn't use them at all, one use is more than enough. They will cloud your head, he is the one who gave me the violin, I am bonded with it, I love it and I hate it. It makes my head clouded with anger, and thoughts of nothing but death and revenge. Go on ahead and kill me if you wish, you are the only one who would suffer for it." she said softly. She tried to relax against the tree, she looked up at the sky, "you are so foolish and naive, you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into." she said softly. She wished that she could get through to him, she didn't want anyone else like her in this world, she was bad enough. She flicked her hands and her eyes flashed, the ropes burned away, she stood up and walked away from the camp. She was powerful on her own, she did have her own source of magic, but the violin was more powerful.
She did not attack him in any way, she walked over to a large oak tree and started to climb, she sat up on one of the branches, she created a barrier around it, she wanted to keep him out. She needed to think, she was going to end dead and not able to destroy the man who had made her this way, she had never hated anyone until she had met the king. She found him to be very cruel, he told her that if she didn't do what he asked he would destroy the compound, what could make a man so evil and heartless. She had figured it out that he could not be human he was something much stronger. She looked across the land, she had enjoyed her tower being able to look around, "do you know what the last straw for me was? Your beloved king found out even while I belonged to him that I had fallen for some one else, he had the man killed right in front of me." she said softly.

Lance noticed that she got out of her ropes and she climbed a tree. He quickly tried to chase after her, only to run into some sort of barrier. Trying to break the barrier, he got angrier when she continued to insult the king. "I will not listen to your lies. The king is not some sort of heartless monster. Sure he can be a little harsh at times, but he always puts the people before himself." He shouted, having no idea of the king's true colors. It was hopeless for him though, he couldn't get to her, and she wouldn't listen to him. He just stood beside the tree, guarding it for the rest of the night. He couldn't give her a moment to escape, so he stayed awake the whole time.

The next morning, Lance continued trying to slap himself awake. He did stakeouts before, but with no allies to have conversations with, it was just boring. Suddenly, he noticed a small cavalry approach them. He brightened up a little when he realized the king has come himself. "My lord!" He said cheerfully.

Kieran looked down at him as she saw the king approaching them the next morning "you will soon see just what kind of monster he is, he is worse than you could possibly imagine." she said softly. She jumped down from the tree, she looked through the barrier as the king and Lance she did not trust either one of them and for good reason. She backed up slightly to the trunk of the tree and pressed back against it. She watched him as he drew closer, she knew the barrier would do no good against the king, but she wasn't going to make thing easy for him. She looked around, she tried her best to remain calm, she looked over at Lance, she hoped he would not see the terror she felt. She had not seen the king since she had escaped his chambers all those years ago. She tried to consider how to handle this situation, though her magic would be for the most part useless against him, the violin was the closest she'd even been able to come to killing him. She focused her energy into the palm of her hand, if he tried to touch her she could at least make a quick attack though it would do little more than irritate him she had to try. She drew a slow and shaky breath, as she watched carefully, she knew he would be up to no good when it came to her.

The king approached Lance on his horse and looked over at Kieran. He simply smiled and waved, hiding his trued face. "Why hello Kieran. It's been to long my dear."

Lance was a little bit confused as to why the king was talking to her as if she was a friend. He didn't wish to question anything, but he simply found it odd.

After looking away from Kieran, he looked over at Lance. "Oh, and thank you good sir knight. Just, who are you again?" He didn't really care who Lance was, he just wanted his gauntlets back.

Lance got down on one knee and bowed at his lord in respect. "Sir, I'm Sir Lance, one of your loyal knights. You gave me these magical gauntlets to combat that witch." He started getting a weird feeling from the king. Something felt off.

"Ah yes. By the looks of things, you didn't use the gauntlets. Why not? She wouldn't have been able to put up that barrier if you did. Even a simpleton such as yourself would've realized that." The king laughed and raised his hands. The knights surrounded the tree, prepared to grab Kieran. The king's hands glowed with a dark magic and the barrier shattered as if it were glass. "Arrest the girl men."

"But sir, she just gave herself up. There was no need to use these." Lance tried to defend himself as he watched the king shatter her barrier. It was amazing to see his lord performing amazing acts.

"Yes, yes. Guards? Slay this man while you're at it. I need my gauntlets back and he's too incompetent for them. Be sure to put up a memorial for him, say that the sorceress killed him and he will be greatly missed. Or something along the lines of that." In and instant, Lance was surrounded by the king's top soldiers, the men that Lance eventually hoped to become.

"W-what?" Lance was in shock. He looked over to Kieran as the soldiers moved in to capture her. His king betrayed him, the witch was right about the man this whole time. Everything he had been working up to had been a lie.

Kieran looked at him as he spoke "not nearly long enough in my opinion" she said coldly, she looked at him in complete disgust. Her repulsion to him had not faded any over the years. She watched as the men moved in closer, she jumped over them, making her way towards Lance "give me the violin" she said bluntly. She took the violin from the bag, she started to play a very slow and lilting melody,s he focused her power through the instrument "we need to get out of here, I warned you" she said harshly to Lance.
She slowly started to back away, she kept her eye on the knights, she watched as the knights seemed to fall under her power "go after the king and defend me" she said in a soft yet seductive tone to the knights that were attacking them. They turned to face the king, then charged at him, Kieran started to feel a little light headed, the power she was using to do this was greater than what she was used to.
"Lance get us out of here we don't have much time" she whispered, she started to run carrying her violin, she needed to get out of here before things got out of control. She didn't want to risk being caught because that would mean something far worse than death for her. She ran towards a clearing "we are going to need to make a faster escape than this if we wish to survive." she said softly. She started to play the violin and the ground opened up into an underground cave, she sealed the ground over them, she continued to play making the cave at least livable for a few days so they could make a plan. She put the violin down against the wall and sat down on a large rock, she sighed heavily.

Lance listened to Kieran, but he was still in shock. The man he admired, the person he looked up to was ready to have him killed. All he ever wanted to do was to serve his lord, and now his lord wanted him dead. When the hypnotized soldiers went to attack the king, Lance ran with Kieran, picking her up so that they'd move a little faster. A small opening appeared and they jumped in. After the hole closed up on them, he leaned against the wall trying to catch his breath.

When the soldiers went to attack him, the king quickly negated the effects of the spell. "After them!" He shouted as he watched Lance and Kieran run away. When they jumped into the hole, it closed up before any of his men could chase after them. "Find them. Kill the knight, but bring the girl to me alive. Just make sure you retrieve the gauntlets from his corpse." He king was angered by their actions and left for his castle while his men started digging.

Lance felt numb. "He betrayed me. Why did he betray me?" He mumbled to himself. He huddled into a corner, his dreams crushed. He continued to repeat the same thing as he thought about his life. As a child, he grew up in poverty. His family was poor, and there were many times he would go without food. One day, he heard that there was going to be a tournament, and that the winner was to become a member of the royal guard. Lance trained his hardest, and won the tournament.

As a guard, he was occasionally harassed by the other guards, the guards that came from more noble families. He did make a few friends though, the same friends that lost their lives trying to go after Kieran. Lance did his best to try to become rise higher into the ranks. Even after he was set back by the news of his family dying of disease, he continued to rise in the ranks. He eventually got promoted to knight, but his dreams were to one day become a member of the king's elite soldiers. That dream was now gone as he saw the king for who he was, a monster. Kieran was right about him, which made him wonder what else she was right about? Was the king responsible for the death of his family? Everything started to lose it's meaning to him.

Kieran sighed heavily "you are so foolish, you are so blind you can not honestly convince me that this is the first clue you had. At least you felt something other than fear and hate for a while with him. I never had that chance" she said bluntly. She walked to the opposite side of the cave from him, she bowed her head slightly looking down at the floor, she was trying to keep a clear head though she was feeling a tad light headed from all the magic, she'd not used this much all at once since her escape from him the last time. She was exhausted, she leaned against the wall weakly, she had set them up to be protected from any attempt to approach them. She focused and created a small bed on the ground, she collapsed into it "you are so pathetic with the emotions you show. Just bury them and move on. I am not as evil as you think, I love how you were so quick to blame me. Those monsters and traps were meant to keep the king out and keep me safe." she said softly, she looked over at him briefly.
"that compound outside of the castle that is where he took me from, I was a healer once, get rid of those gauntlets or they will ruin you" she said softly. She laid there weakly on the makeshift bed, she laid on her back "you should rest we are safe here" she said coldly. She felt the need to recover from all that had happened. She fell into a light sleep, her fingers quivered each time the soldiers got close, she was keeping them safe for now, but she would shut him out once she had enough energy. She wanted to leave all of this behind, she was tired of dealing with this but she knew he would need her to win this fight.

Lance heard her act so coldly towards him, she was right that he was too quick to judge, but the way she spoke to him continued to annoy him. "And you don't need to be so cold about everything. It's fine if you were trying to keep the king out, but what about the innocents that met their untimely end when they stayed a little too close to the castle? What about them? Were they trying to hunt you, or just trying to get to the next kingdom?" He stopped himself from continuing. What other choice did she have than to try to fight back? If she ran, the warriors would only follow her. If she tried to tell the people, she'd be considered a traitor and she'd be hung for her crimes.

Lance hated to admit it, he was wrong to judge her. He treated her like dirt when she tried to warn him about his king's true colors, and he spat in her face. He insulted her, he hurt her, he treated her like she was nothing. He wanted to apologize to her, but she was just to cold about everything. She was such a mean person that his apology probably wouldn't mean anything to her, and he couldn't help not liking her for it. He simply grunted when she told him to take his gauntlets off again. He did what she said and took them off, then he stored him in his sack. It would be best to see the cursed items destroyed instead of left out for someone else to find.

Kieran laid there weakly "how do you think I became cold I had no choice, I would have gone mad from watching them die, I tried to train the beasts but it didn't work, I didn't want to destroy them though because I was terrified of that man, I had no choice. Even the purest man in the world might shock you with what he is willing to do to feel safe" she said softly. She pulled her cloak more tightly around her, she curled up more pulling her knees to her chest "you won't have to worry about dealing with me I'm leaving once I recover, then you can do as you wish with the King, you can make the choice of how you want to feel safe. Then we shall see if you can understand what I went through, of course you will never feel what I felt before I escaped him" she said coldly. She couldn't deal with what she felt in her head only one man had been able to make the pain go away but he was dead now. She turned to look over at him, she appeared as an evil monster but she'd only done those things out of fear and in a way madness, the instrument was like drug the more she used it the more it destroyed her mind until there wasn't much left.
Kieran sighed her body quivered slightly, she pulled a blanket over her body to keep her warmer, she was so weak from the magic, she wished she could go back in time and left the compound when she'd had the chance. Those people had no idea what she'd done for them, how she had sacrificed herself to keep them safe, she had lost everything when she was taken from there. She looked over at him again, she quite frankly didn't care for anyone anymore not even herself, she was completely numb inside, she was like a vessel that contained nothing but fear and hatred.

It was odd for him. This evil woman was starting to look like an innocent little girl now. He couldn't see that monster in her that he usually saw earlier. Was it some sort of trick? But she wasn't using any magic. "Wait." Lance said when she was talking about leaving in the morning. "I....." It took a moment for him to swallow his pride. No matter how much it bothered him to admit it, he needed her help. If he was to take down the king, let alone get away, he would need her help. She seemed to be the only person who knew the most about the king. "I need your help. Please don't leave."

When he saw her shivering, he did notice it was a little bit cold. He reached into his sack and pulled out a few things. Sticks, hay, grass, and then he sparked some flint to ignite the materials into a fire. The heat helped warmed him up, and hopefully helped her as well. If he was to get her help, he would need to learn to put up with this woman he hated so much.

Kieran rolled over looking at him "Why should I do anything to help you or anyone else for that matter, I'm the monster, the horrible murdering witch. Wait what was it you called me again...Ah yes Harlot" she said coldly. She glared at him, she had been insulted by many people but none that later turned and needed her help. "perhaps when you have suffered and been outcast then perhaps you might better understand why I now tell you that you are on your own" she said coldly. She rolled back over turning her back on him, she was so weak now that she would not be able to do much to him. She sighed heavily, she was miserable and so angry, she had shut down after the murder of her lover, and now she didn't much care about anything.

She noticed him lighting a small fire, she felt a bit better, but she was still cold, her body was acting like it was low on nutrition from all the magic, it would drain her greatly since she was not used to using it much anymore. She gripped at the bed, she was truly mad from how her life had done her in, she needed to find away to heal her head but she no longer had that power, she wasn't even sure if she could heal a simple cut anymore much less her mind.

He had nothing to really say to her. He couldn't really take back the horrible things he said to her. She hated him, and for good reasons. He treated her like a monster, everyone treated her like a monster. All because the real monster hid his true face in the eyes of the public. Everyone thought that the king was a kind and gentle person, he always seemed that way when he made public appearances. And to think, Lance looked up to him, only to see his true colors.

"You know he won't leave you alone." He said sadly. "Why don't you help me stop him? If you help me, I'll never bother you again. I'll even give you money to start a new life. Please, I need your help to stop him, at least let me make amends to you."

Kieran looked over at him, she knew he wanted to make things right that was just the hearts of his kind worked, hers had even once been that way. But she felt herself being pulled in two directions, part of her just wanted to leave him here on his own because he would serve as an easy distraction, but she was also being pulled towards helping him wanting to feel human again.
"i know he will never leave me alone I've learned that better than anything in my life, he will do anything it takes." she paused for a moment "I will help you but I don't want your money....I just want to feel like a human again. I don't want a new life I want my old life back, but I know that is not possible." she said softly. She sat up still feeling cold, she shivered clutching he cloak tightly around her "I know that what I was for a very long time will never go away people will always see me for what I did out of fear with out even understanding what I intended" she said softly.

Lance cracked a small smile when she agreed to help him. She's seems to know more about the king's true side, maybe she knows how to stop him. His smile disappeared when she mentioned what she did, it made him think of the friends he lost to her monsters. "No, it won't. Because of what you did in the past, those crimes will remain with you forever." It hurt to think about all of the people lost because of her, but she was a victim herself. If it wasn't for the king, she would've never become a monster herself. "But you can at least fix it. We can expose the king for who is really is. You can't win everyone's forgiveness, but you can at least show them that the king is the true monster."

Kieran sighed staying seated "I don't deserve forgiveness, I know you still hate me for your friends deaths. If you want to kill me now would be the best time to do it, I'm weak right now from using all my magic use." she said softly. She laid back on the bed trying to relax, she saw the smiled on his face though she did not understand it. "why do you even care what happens to me?" she said softly. She had felt nothing but pain since all of this started, she had reached her limit for energy today "I need to rest you should do the same" she said softly. She closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep, she rolled over revealing more of her face as the hood fell more back. She felt such pain and her nightmares were worse than anything, she dreamed of the of her loved one she had lost long ago, she could feel his touch on her skin and it seemed to make all the pain go away as it had in the past. She let a tear run down her cheek, having to watch him dies had been more than her mind could handle.

Lance couldn't answer her. He couldn't forget the anger he felt for his friends, and he wanted to avenge them. He wanted to kill the witch, but it was much harder now that he knows that she's suffering more than he is. And now he needs her help to stop the king, so he needs her alive as well. He watched her fall asleep, still a little too shocked by everything to rest. Her hood fell back, showing her face to him. She was very beautiful for this so called 'horrible witch' that he hated, and she looked so sad when she slept. Seeing the tears flow out of her eyes while she slept, she looked more like a scared child. He wiped the tears away and moved away before she could snap at him. After resting against the wall, he tried to fall asleep for a while.

Back
Top Bottom