Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fortunate Mortal (dando20 and Frogger)

"H..Hey..is something wrong?..did I say something i shouldn't?" Dane replied, feeling nervous of Sophia's sudden depressed look.

"No, not necessarily... It just brings back fond memories that are beyond my grasp..." Sophia let out a sigh, a hand pushing back curls out of her face.

Dane gulped, not sure what to say now. HE then saw the park wasn't too far away now. "Hey I see it. We're almost there" Dane said with a smile.

Sophia's sorrow vanished, only to be replaced with excitement. "I can see it too... I can't wait to watch the fireworks with you," she admitted with a sheepish smile.

"Yeah..me too" Dane smiled. He was glad to see that Sophia was looking happier now. He decided to drive a bit further from the crowd to a empty field that lead to a soft grassed cliff. "We can see the fireworks here. This is the highest point in the park" Dane said, excitingly.

"That's wonderful." Sophia stepped out of the car, the chilly air making her shiver for a moment. Her gold curls began flying every which way. "It would be a great view then..."

Dane blushed, seeing Sophia fluff her hair again. "Yes...it will..." Dane came out, and got out a mat to lay on the ground where they could sit and watch. "Here..there is space for both of us here." Dane said, patting on the free spot for Sophia.

Sophia came to sit down next to him, their shoulders brushing. "There is plenty of space..." Her eyes met his for a moment, red touching her cheeks before she looked away. "Um...I suppose we have to wait a while for the fireworks..."

Dane blushed as well, couldn't believe they were actually touching. "Umm..yeah...umm..Sophia?..is it ok..I...Umm..n..Never mind..It's a stupid though.." Dane said chickening out.

"No, ask away, Dane. No question is stupid." Sophia began leaning back against him, their shoulders touching, as was their arms. Several soft strands of hair brushed his cheek when she did so.

Sophia's eyes went to his, a touch of pink along her cheeks. "If...If that is what you want...I see no problem in it." Her fingertips brushed his on the blanket to emphasis her point.

Dane smiled, touching her hand back as they waited for the show to start. Soon colors light up in the sky in a frenzy of dazzling lights "OOhh..It's starting" Dane said, not letting go of Sophia's hand.

"It is..." Sophia breathed, her attention on the bright colors flashing through the sky. It really has been far too long since she last went out and enjoyed herself. The fireworks painted her hair multiple colors, and a cool breeze teased the ends. "And it is beautiful..."

Dane also enjoyed the glorious fireworks, but then turn to Sophia. She looked so divine with the colors of the display framing her perfection. Oh how much he enjoyed to be with his Mistress.
"Yess...so beautiful.." Dane said in a trance like state, looking at the goddess beside him....Goddess

"Could it be..." Dane whispered..

Sophia's blue eyes turned to him. "Could what be?" she whispered, their shoulders still touching in that way that sends tingles down spines. A few strands of gold began going this way and that, being played with by the wind. Their hands were still interlinked on the blanket.

"Oh...Nothing..It's just...I'm really glad that you are here with me..and that I've met you...I know that there are some things that you don't want to tell me yet..but..I just hope we can still...hang around still..." Dane said, smiling at the beauty next to her. He came close to her, almost wanting to lean his head close to her's.

"We can, and we will...still hang out..." Sophia felt a strange...shift in the air, anticipation leaking into her veins and sinking deep into her bones. Finding her throat dry, she swallowed hard, and kept her eyes on him. "I'm glad I met you as well... but what were you thinking about? I'm awfully curious..."

Dane blushed, not sure he should say anything..but he was so stressed now that he couldn't keep it bottled up. "Sophia...I know you don't want to say some things about you..but...can you tell me something?.." Dane said nervously.

Sophia tilted her head. "Of course, what is it?" she asked, now more curious than ever before. Just what is it that Dane wants to know? The fireworks continued overhead, not disrupting the conversation in the slightest.

"Ummm..that painting from before...the one that I said that looked like you...do you remember?" Dane asked to let Sophia remember before he continued. He really hoped that he won't end up pissing off Sophia.

"I do remember that painting, it does belong to me, after all." Sophia gave a soft laugh, one that sounded like music despite the boom of fireworks overhead. "What about it?" Because of this question, she already had a sneaking suspicion what he was going to ask, but she was hoping she was wrong.

"Umm..It's just...please...tell me...Are you sure it's not a painting of you?" Dane asked, wanting the truth so much.

Of course...she just had to be right in her assumption. Sophia let out a soft sigh, the breath teasing his cheek. "It is a painting of me..." she finally admitted, after a long moment of silence. "I shouldn't be telling you this...but I am the one in that painting... I am...the embodiment of wisdom, of battle and Athens... I am...Athena..." Please don't let this ruin our friendship, she prayed, sending her thoughts up to her father, Zeus.

Dane also had a long moment of silence before chuckling, finally relieved of all the tension. "I..I knew it..for some reason I felt that there was something about you..so mysterious..and divine....I..I knew you were something special...and now I know for sure.." Dane said smiling. "Wow..to be friends with a goddess..It's...wow..." Dane said, holding his excitement. "I..Umm..am..I going to be in trouble..or you?" Dane said with worry, knowing revealing such a secret was not without some sort of consequence.

Back
Top Bottom