Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fortunate Mortal (dando20 and Frogger)

"Oh..I see..." Dane gulped, fearing if Sophia saw him as immature. He really didn't have a chance with her in the end. But..she was still here with him. Dane found Sophia to me very confusing at time...whit made her more irresistible.

"Now then... How about a toast? To newfound friendship?" Sophia lifted her wine glass, offering to tap it against his drink. "You may not be drinking wine...but the concept is still the same. Come, let us do so." Her smile was dazzling, not to mention genuine as she flashed it in his direction.

Dane smiled and got his glass of Sprite and was prepared to make a toast too. Dane was a bit saddened that she only saw him as a freind..but he was glad to still be close to her. "Yes..a toast to our friendship" Dane said with a smile. He taped his drink with hers', hoping they will be close friends indeed.

Sophia smiled as the clink echoed, a few strands of gold falling against her cheek. "Now then... How was work for you today? I'm curious...and my day was relatively uneventful, besides the pie incident." Gray eyes sparkling, she began digging back into her salad.

"Well it was not as eventful as most days, probably because it's a weekday. SO I didn't get much tips today. Sill small is better than nothing. At least I have more saved up. Though there was one delivery that was a bit weird..." Dane said, remembering the delivery of that one woman.

"Oh...? How was the delivery weird?" Sophia definitely was curious, especially about the young man across the table from her. What was his family like? Did he like animals? Where did he grow up? So many questions, so little time...

"Well...I was delivering a veggie pizza to an address that was way in the woods for some reason. Then as I parked the car and carried the pizza to the cabin house, there was this fox that came out of nowhere. I was a bit nervous at first, but then it went to the front door and scratched it, probably trying to knocking at the door or something."

"Then this woman comes out, and..well..she was quite beautiful, as well as..umm..someone else I know. She had red long hair, a fit body and tan skin. Well..anyways, I came to her and gave her the pizza. After she paid, she told me to..'tell Sophia I said hello'...Odd..do you happen to know her, Sophia?"

Sophia knew exactly who the beautiful woman was, even with the few details. "It sounds like my older sister... Her name is Diana, and she loves nature and animals. I don't see her very often... I'm not sure how she knew we are talking though..." Those stormy grey eyes grew dark with thought, her fingertips playing along the edge of her wineglass. It's pretty...strange, that Diana is keeping an eye on me... the young woman thought to no one but herself.

"Anyway... It does sound weird... I think the fox sounds cute, from what you've said..." Sophia's lips curved into a smile, eyes again bright. That one dimple came out to play as she did so. "I'm not much for animals myself...except for dogs, cats, and such... In some ways, I envy my sister."

"Wow..your sister..who would have thought...Wait..why do you envy her?" Dane asked, wondering why she would be jealous.

"It is...a long story. Perhaps one that should wait, at least until another day." Sophia took a sip of her wine, only for her gray eyes to peek at him from over the rim of her glass.

The waiter came just then, cheeks flushed and eyes down on his hands while he distributed the food. Steam curled off the plates. "H-Here you go, sir...and ma'am. Sorry it took so long, there was an incident in the kitchen..." Those brown eyes rose up, only for that blush to darken. Sophia gave him a rather pretty smile. "It's alright, as long as we have our food now."

Dane smiled, seeing his food was hear. He saw the waiter was still nervous and blushing at Sophia. Dane chuckled at it, laughing a bit at himself for being so aroused at Sophia as well.

"A-Alright...Here you go, ma'am..." The waiter quickly set down the plates in front of each other, his eyes flicking up to her every once in a while. Sophia accepted the food and began to dig in, just as he left.

Dane started eating his own food as well, liking the cheesy taste of the chicken and the sweet spaghetti. "Mmm..this is very good..how is yours?"

Sophia delicately wiped at her mouth, only to offer a shy smile. "It's very good... So good, in fact, that it's almost gone already..." Blushing pink, her eyes lowered back down to her plate.

Dane chuckled at how shyful Sophia is acting. The way she was enjoyed her meal made more alluring. " So, any chance we can do something else after we eat?"

"What are you thinking we do?" Sophia felt more heat rush to her cheeks, and so did not look up from her plate. It was rather embarrassing... displaying such behavior in public. "I don't have any plans...so I am up for just about anything, really..."

"Well, there is a fireworks display in the park, and since we don't have any plans..maybe we can..go watch it?" Dane said, blushing.

Sophia began playing with a curly strand of hair, her gaze thoughtful. "Mm...I have never gone to a fireworks display before...I wouldn't mind going, especially with you." Here she gave him a rather dazzling smile.

Dane blushed and felt himself harder a bit. "Great! I'm sure it'll be great.." Dane said. "NOw..let's just wait for our bill.." Dane wondered about the many mysteries surrounding Sophia. He knew so little about her still, yet he only cared about being near her all time. He couldn't understand it. She must have such a mystical charm.

"Would it be alright if I return to my apartment, though? I would prefer to be in more...comfortable clothing." Sophia gestured to herself, a bit bashfully. "We can also get a blanket, and some drinks...just to...you know..." Her words trailed off, since she didn't know quite what to say.

"Oh sure of course" Dane said, still waiting for the bill to come. He was surprised at how shy Sophia was acting, but couldn't help but be allured at how cute she looked.

The waiter came with the check, and Sophia began digging in her purse. "I'll cover my half of the bill... It's only fair, after all." Her eyes rose up to meet his for a moment, a smile curving her lips. "That is...if that is alright with you," she teased.

Dane blushed more feverishly at her teasing. Shy one moment, a teaser the next. Sophia always knew how to make Dane so aroused "Sure..of course..." Dane said with a smile.

Back
Top Bottom