Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The End is Sometimes the Beginning (miqAbrannon17)

"Father hired a personal guard for me and when I was screaming for help and no one came!" She said as she couldnt' believe he wasn't getting it. Her world felt like it was spinning now and she had no control. "I'm working with some guy. I don't know his name who was hired by the King....I screamed Olyion...I yelled for help and no one came to help me." She said as she curled up in a ball as it felt like she couldn't breathe because she was working herself over quickly. "I'm....Not...Safe...Here..." She said in a weak voice as she was still trying to breathe.

"If you want I might be able to convince your father to get you a small mansion for yourself to stay there. We can keep you there and no one will no of your location but a select few guards and the king. At least now we know that an alliance between Adoin and ours is impossible."

After calming down she looked to Olyion. "I haven't told you the whole thing. Try to understand I want this for the good of the people not myself." She said as the flames that covered her arms died.

"Before the kidnap I wanted to be strong enough to rule this Kingdom. After being kidnapped and killing that bandit by sheer luck I knew I could run this Kingdom. When my father basically shooed me away to be pampered I was sicken that he didn't want me to learn how to defend myself until you or a guard arrived. So I began studying spells and found my mother's old journal that spoke of a secret room. After finding the room I confronted a Knight was was raping a girl then went to father where he told me I was to wed Prince Adrin. I only said the Prince will have to prove to me he was a worthy man." She had to take a deep breath as she was getting nervous.

"As you can image my father made excuses for me but I pegged him on the war and how this alliance can stop it from getting worse. So I returned to my bedroom to study. The Prince knocked and entered my room with no permission. I asked him to leave, ordered him the yelled him to leave then...He yelled for his men saying he planned on having his way with me." She said as she looked down at her hands. "I told him he was in my land and by law a female of royal blood can deny you sex and if you push the issue you will be punished." She reminded Olyion of the law.

"The assassin made himself known and I ran and his partner grabbed me." She realized she hadn't told him what made her father suddenly pushing to get rid of her or just keep her helpless. "I want to rule this land and to do so...I have to challenge my father to the death. He's a master at the sword, spears and staves. I want to be trained so I can take him down to steer this Kingdom in the right direction safely. Bring in more resources and expand the lands so our farmers aren't struggling to survive. That is my dream and I am afraid my father suspects I want things to change and he wants nothing of it. So what do you do with someone who threatens your way of life? Get rid of them." She said with her looking at Olyion. "I'm taking a BIG risk on telling you what my intentions are."

Olyion looked at Lillian with a grim face as she spoke neither displaying approval or disapproval. He began pacing back and forth thinking aggravated by these events. "And the guards posted at your door didn't come to assist you in anyway... I can't completely eject the thought of the king being behind this ploy. I am sworn to protect the king no matter what. His rule his decisions are just without any bias from his people. I cannot come to bring him harm but if it is to protect you against kidnappers or assassins then I would be more than able to assist you with training. If however it so happens to be that you should come to use this training to oppose your father then that is beyond my knowledge if you can come to understand what I am telling you."

"So you'd sit by and allow whoever to rape me?" She asked with her looking at him on the verge of tears as this was overwhelming to her. "Its up to you if you want to train me but with how things are going....Not even you can do anything to help me." she walked to the window looking out at the growing night. The color from her face was draining as everything was hitting her. Hanging her head as silent tears ran down her cheeks hitting the stone ledge under her hands. Everything was in chaos now and she couldn't get anything started for herself. If she didn't slow down she'd get herself killed. "I need help, Olyion....I feel like my father is keeping others from helping me when I need it....Please tell me I'm wrong." She said as she looked over at him.

"What is wrong with you!? Is that what I said at all!?" Olyion was getting angry, his tail flaring up as he spoke. "You honestly?" believe that I would sit back and do nothing? If that is the case then why even bother asking me for help...?" There was a knock at the door and Olyion sighed and regained his composer opening it to see who it was. It was Syless standing in the doorway looking completely wary.

Olyion - "I'm sorry but Princess Lillian is not seeing guests at the moment." As Olyion was about to close the door Syless slipped in and did a small curtsey to Lillian.

Syless - "I do apologies for the intrusion Sir. Kitten Whiskers but I shall deem whether or not this is the right time to talk to her or not." Olyiong gripped the hilt of his short-sword as Slyess stood strong glaring Olyion down displaying that she was not the least bit intimidated by him.

"ENOUGH! OLYION YOU'RE DISMISSED!" Lillian yelled over both of them clearly understanding. "Olyion, your sole duty is to protect my Father unless I'm in danger by his standards, correct? I won't hold to any agreement we had. Now leave!" Her cheeks were flushed as her body trembled as tonight had been to much and wanted it to end and now.

"Yes, Syless?" She said as she turned to the older woman with a weary look on her face as if every ounce of her strength was being drained. Though Lillian noticed Olyion was still standing there. "Olyion, I don't like doing harm to others but you'll be the first in this castle if you don't leave right now."

Olyion - "As you wish your highness..." Olyion stormed out of the room for the first time honestly furious at Lillian. Syless watched with her hands overlapped with the display a little amusing to her.

"Oh yes Lillian! I came because I was concerned with all that had happened tonight. I wanted to see how your studies were going..., and maybe if you need me to help accelerate things along."

Lillian sighed as she sat down on her bed. "No, just overwhelmed right now. I didn't get a chance to do much before the events happened. I think I'll be turning in tonight." She said weakly as she was allowed Syless to see she had no strength left and she was tired. Lillian wouldn't allow Olyion to see her this way as it seemed men targeted weak and worn out women. Well that seemed the trend.

"I'll lock the door when you leave. Thank you for your concern." Lillian geniunely smiled at Syless before yawning.

Syless sighed some before she nodded. "Just tell yourself every night how many spells you've thought yourself since receiving the books. Word from the wise, you are only as helpless as you make yourself. I shall be on my way then burning up the late night hours to ensure my talents to come to rust..." Syless walked out feeling as though her worries for this girl might be simply a waist.

"Syless, I don't ignore your words or your wisdom." She said hugging the woman from behind as she was secretly worried about Hanson who was in the darkness below. Once she was alone she locked her bedroom door forgetting about the door that connected her room to Talos's.

Blowing the flames out as she stripped down to nothing she walked to her bed running her hand throug her hair wondering where he was. Perhaps she expected to much from the three men but not much of herself at this time. Flopping back on her bed knowing she'd have to apologize to Olyion when she can find him.

It was silent in the room besides for the gentle breeze which kept Lillian company. It was a dark horrid night and it was almost as though she could hear screams in the voice of Hanson, but that all might just be and illusion the mind crafted up. Finally there was a break in the silence as there was little talk amongst the guards at the door and the closing of the door to the room next to hers. Talos walked up to the adjoining door and knocked softly on it still hoping Lillian was still awake.

She was about to fall to sleep thanks to the gentle caressing of the soft breeze but the faint screams made her sit up. It faded but she strained to hear it again but she did once then nothing. Voices reached her ear she was ready to get out of bed to get a better idea what was being said when she heard a faint knock at the adjoining door. Pulling a sheet to her breasts as she licked her dry lips. "Yes?" Her voice was weak thinking she was hearing things as Hanson was suppose to teacher her his craft perhaps he left her with a lesson number 1, nothing is what it seems. Getting to her feet with her sheet to her breasts she went to the door that lead to Talos's door which she opened to see Talos standing there. Her eyes went wide as she nearly lost her grip on her sheet. "Talos....Whats going on?"

Talos turned on the doorknob to no result expecting Lillian to open the door. He mastered picking the lock on the first night but he'd rather her feel more secure by having a sense of privacy. "If you're up for talking I just got back."

Lillian stood there as she watched him pick a door she already opened. "God men are idiots." She muttered as she turned from him. "What is it that you want?" She had enough at this point but she dropped her sheet while she walked around lighting candles letting him see she was naked. Crossing her arms under her breasts glaring at him. "What was you duties again?"

She was still pissed that the men she thought would protect her or help her mainly wasn't there. She felt like she was played like a fool but only Hanson came to her rescue. While she stood there her nails dug into her the skin of her hands drawing blood. She was beyond crying and went to being pissed at men. Of course she'll get over it with time but she hoped Hanson would be able to get out of the Dungoens.

(Ok, you did change your post though...)

Talos kept in the door way watching Lillian. She then dropped the sheet that gave her whatever bit of cover she had but Talos seemed unfazed with his old demeanor. "The king wanted me to make sure no unauthorized persons pass the the castle walls..." Talos seemed worn and worried under his strong appearance not wanting it to show on his face though. "I just came to let you know that from here forth when you are occupying your room I'll keep Tao in my room when I can't be." Talos turned looking over at his bed. "Get some sleep alright, you need it more than anyone."

(When mentioned she didn't answer I figured to make it more blunt and clear.)

"I don't think I can sleep actually." She said as she moved sitting on her bed rubbing her face. "Tthe so called suitor my father picked tried to get me pregnant but when I refused him...He brought in his own men. They were also going to take part in raping me but an assassin was among them." She was going to stick to the story for Hanson's sake and Talos's sake. Looking over at him bit worked up but she laid back sighing knowing she couldn't stay in her room.

Jumping off her bed as she got dressed in commoner's clothing. "Talos, can you do me a favor? I need to get to my training room without being seen." She said as she braided her long snow white hair back as she walked over to him. "Can you get me there and also Tao can have my room. I'll be staying in the training room for now on BUT I need a warm body in my body in case someone decided to check in on me in the middle of the night."

Talos stood eyes locked on Lillian as she spoke seeing as though she didn't yet want him gone. Talos felt blame for not being available when she needed help but didn't want to hear it. He didn't trust the kingn now that this happened he could see that it was more dangerous here for her than when she was in the wild. He though on her proposal some thinking on how to get her in the room without detection. He took a pouch and vial from his room and mixed the two putting the contents at the crevas of the door. In a few moments there was the soujd of two bodies hitting the floor. "Alright the guards are asleep now."

Watching him run to his room then back she covered her nose and mouth as the gas filled the hall where the guards were. Smiling as she kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She said while she followed him towards the secret room. She hated the feeling of not being able to trust even the men she grew up around. When she was a little girl she'd watch from an area in awe of their strength but now she sees them in a new light.

With their footsteps being light in the empty halls she felt somewhat free while he lead her to the dead end hall. Going down it until she came close to the wall but she didn't go right through yet as she turned to Talos. "I can't thank you enough."

Talos and Lillian were at the end of the hall and all that was left was for her to walk on through the mirror. Lillian had then turned to him and thanked him so he nodded her on. He turned and started walking feeling as though his job just got a lot more complicated.

Watching him disappear she slipped into the secret room where she wouldn't be seen for quite some time. Weeks passed as she worked hard while he girlish curvy figure had slim down into a fighting form. In her gown and crown but with her using an illiusion skills she managed to slip by everyone to eat dinner and soon she walked down to the Dungeons where Hanson was held.

She often made the guards believe she was one of them which allowed her to reach his cell. "You lost weight." She said as she twirled the keys over her finger looking at the man who kept the illiusion up of the assassin guard. Unlocking the cell giving him a chance to run. "I can't stay and talk but I have to go and make a mends with a friend." Smiling to him as she walked away to find Olyion. Once outside she didn't use her spells but winced as her eyes were sensative to the sun light. Walking around the training yard unable to find him but instead of getting worked up about it she found a discarded bow and arrow and strung the bow up letting the arrow fly into a hay bale. After the weeks of not seeing, talking or interacting with anyone she was calmer as if she knew what she was suppose to do. Though she hoped Talos, Olyion and Hanson can co-exist without killing eachother for one event that was quickly coming up upon her.

Hanson was only in fact tortured brutally tortured for one night then switched spots with the guard whom was dealing the blows and cutting and such turning the tables to get his turn. He even had burned his face so he wouldn't have to keep up his illusions on him and kill him of when he wanted. The first night was brutal though and technically they had killed him. He loosed more blood than what was needed to sustain life and organs ripped from his body. Luckily he was one of the best at what he could do. Hanson put up strong illusions and hallucinations on his body placing in imaginary organs and blood to trick his body to keep running. It takes a lot out of him now but he still had to live for Lillian. He would not allow death to break his promises he set out. The guard that Lillian had released stumbled out and ran away no one ever believe him when he said that he was no an assassin but a guard. Hanson had had been long free trying to fix his body and set his own plans into motion to ensure his self proclaimed fiancee remained safe.

When Lillian was out in the courtyard a man dressed in fine civilian clothes began to approach Lillian with a strong demeanor. Tall with with dark hair and sinister looking eyes. What made him stand out though was his purple hat, jacket and shoes which seemed to be the only thing remotely bright about his atmosphere. Lillian was not in the least familiar with this man but the guards did not seem to stop him from being on the premisses. "Hello Lillian I haven't been able to see you around... You must have kept yourself locked away after that incident."

025.jpg

"And you are?" she asked without looking at him nor did she know his voice. She fired anther arrow which drove the other one through the other side. She had noticed the Knights hadn't stopped him from approaching her. Calm and collected she closed her eyes for a second then opened them with her wondering what spell to use for defense if this one got to close. "If you don't mind. Keep your distanct from me. Still training and I don't want to hurt anyone." She faked a soft smile though the smile could throw off those who glanced but anyone who stared at her would see her eyes and smile didn't match at all.

Lining up another arrow then slowly pulled it back. She had made a mistake thinking the Guard was Hanson well nice of Hanson to allow her to worry. In the shadows there was growling as wolves stepped out of the shadows growling at the unknown man. Lillian did hear him say incident which meant he knew of it which made her uneasy.

The man's eyes were cold as if desensitized by whatever the world had to offer as if he seen everything at least once in his life and more corruption than joy. Those eyes seemed somewhat familiar though. Only one other man had such cold eyes and that would be Talos when he had first meet Lillian. The wolves didn't faze him at all as if they weren't even there to him. "My name is Crow I was hired by Georin." He used her and her father's first names as if their status meant nothing to him and that they were not in the least above him. "I thought maybe you might need someone to talk to after going through such a traumatic ordeal. A shoulder to lean on as to say." Such words of warmth never sounded so cold from his mouth.

Her jaw tightens as he used her father's name and quickly she turned on him with the arrow tip turned into ice. "Thats alot of Bullshit. Why are you actually here?" The wolves slowly moved out circling the pair but they were illiusions she came up with. To her this was a great accomplishment since she wasn't meant to do illiusions. "My father really doesn't give a shit about what happened as long as he gets what he wants." She narrowed her amber eyes at Crow but remembered Syless mentioning a familiar was a crow. Ignoring that information thinking there was no such connection. "If you work for my father I don't consider you as a person to cry to."

Back
Top Bottom