Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The End is Sometimes the Beginning (miqAbrannon17)

RE: The End is Sometimes the Beginning

He didn't motion at all from the girls gesture not having much energy to but up an air or any form of hostility. He then listened to her words with no change in expression. He simply peered over at the princess and looked back over straight silent for a moment as if not to speak at all. He let out a sigh before going on.

"This is a job. Your status effects the pay of the job but nothing more. I view you no differently then a city dweller so this trip I've treated you no differently than I would anyone else. Honestly all I am to do is hand you over to my contractor and nothing more than one of your feet missing in damage besides for nicks and scrapes. I was permitted to take one of your feet of if you pose to be a runner but I rather not go that route. That is my current contract."

"What you said back there sounded like you had a run in with a royality member before. So have you ever wonder out of all those assassins, bounty hunters, sword for hire...Why did this person pick you? Forget your rank just why you. From studying this war from different angles I've learned a few things here and there. Also...I don't know how Princesses are suppose to act I suppose that was a mother's job to teach their daughters." She said shrugging her shoulders with her leaned forward rubbing the horse's neck making her nicker softly at Lillian's touch.

Laughing faintly as Lillian scratched the mare's neck. She had a connection with animals but with people, she'd rather not social. If anything else if she could trade positions with anyone in this world it would be a treasure hunter who got to travel the lands and discover new places.

"I've killed plenty of nobles but for the most part, nobody knows whom I am. Only rumors go around of me underground. People go asking around for me and I go and find them in a private setting. We discuss our terms and I take care of my end and thy place the money in a location I deem fit. I have no face to my name. Rumor builds up my work, some rumors aren't even things I've done but it builds up the renown so what people say of me doesn't bother me none."

Shaking her head as she rode up bit closer to him. "I didn't ask HOW they got hold of you. I asked if you wondered why you. Why did they ask for you personally. From overhearing of this war, sneaking in the studies to look over the maps and such I learned nothing happens without a reason." She mentioned to him while she shifted in the saddle. "I'm not trying to persuade you to do anything just think about it."

"I told you that rumors built me up... An unknown murder happens it is normally linked back to me for the murder I have no face in to killing world only a title. The best way for anything to to get around is by word of mouth. The best way for anything to grow out of portion is by spreading things by word of mouth. If everyone is talking about me as such a deadly killer all the time then my title kinda stands out. So as I told you rumors have built me up my work and makes me known amongst the underground community. Do you understand now that since my assassin name gets passed around a lot peoples eras tend to pick it up? That is WHY i got hired."

He was getting tunnel visioned now just riding in the direction he needed and answering semi mindlessly from the conditions he was under.

"Why do this concern you so much, it doesn't change the position you are in."

"That how you were hired, Baka." She said as she narrowed her eyes with him telling her what she was saying wasn't going to change her position. "Oh poo I was hoping you'd let me go. You must think I'm an idiot to think you'd let me go." She said as she rolled her eyes though a thought of knocking him off his horse while she rode off from him crossed her mind. While letting the mare fall back her eyes glowed softly as she touched his horse soft on the flank.

The mare bucked and thrashed with him in the saddle. While the mare was bucking and all Lillian pulled her horse back away from the insane mare. While he was busy trying to calm it she kicked the mare's sides galloping off disappearing among the trees. Leaning close into the mare's back with her dodging and weaving among the trees. "Must get away..."

The man did not want to deal with this at all. He cared little for wasting his time and energy he didn't have to calm his horse. On about the the second buck he tuck his Bach Nakhs and punch the claws through the mares neck letting it drop so he could drop to his feet and turn to face the girl. He aimed his crossbow and sent a bolt flying right though its stomach. The mare kept running for a few seconds then stumbled using up its last breaths before toppling over landing hard on the girls leg. The man grabbed his gear off of his horse and started heading over towards her.

Lillian was about to jump off when the horse fell over pinning her leg. Wincing as she looked up seeing him just calmly walking closer to her. Glaring at him as she forced her leg out from under the gasping horse. Hurt and determined she tried to run from him. She was limping for awhile but in seconds she was running full speed with her heart racing. If he wanted to end her life for gold might as well make him work for it.

With her hand turning red she aimmed back as a weak fireball hit the dry leaves setting them on fire which quickly formed a wall between her and him. With her mind on running from him and once she turned a rock gave under her sending her down a steep hill. Rocks, limbs thorned bushes tore at her skin and beat her until she came to a stop at the steep hill. Weak and badly injuryed as a limb was impaled in her thigh and she was bleeding out. Weakly her hand rested on the limb with it turning into ashes and her wound healing.

The man snarled some wincing hard as his vision became even more tunneled but for reasons other then his wounds and exhaustion. His vision got clearer and further eying her down. He began to sprint slowly moving towards running on all fours. His eyes became sharp beastly looking things as his canines grew out as he ran on all fours faster than any land animal could growling out the whole while. One of his limbs would for a split second give out from time to time but this gave him little trouble towards gaining on her.

With the serve wound it would take abit to heal but she heard something running at her. It was him. Seeing him running on all fours terrfied her but not enough to keep her down. Struggling to her feet with blood trickling down her leg with her forcing herself to run. There was no scent of smoke or horses around suggesting they were far from any village.

The man ran up on her and pounced tackling her down onto the ground pinning her. He roared out load in a tone no human could make. Then he lunged his fangs down jerking back abruptly only stopping inches from her neck. He forced his head up and punched the ground beside her head and stepped off kicking a tree with little to quench his anger. He threw an arm at the tree shoving his shoulder into it digging his boots into the ground. He pressed his shoulder harder and harder into the tree roaring all the while and suddenly a root sprawled up followed by a few more and the tree came down with him. He got back up panting but mounted the tree punching it ballistically splintering the tree all the while as his roars gone to yells and his eyes reverting and his fangs shrinking. He came off the tree walking over towards her eyes locked he gripped her by the throat lifting her up onto her feet.

"I ought to kill you..."

He threw his hand off of the girl and turned away from her walking on back over towards the horses as whatever wounds on his body began to sizzle.

"Follow... Now!"

She cried out as he punched the ground beside her head but when he got off of her she crawled away from him with her back against the tree. Watching as one was destroyed by him but as she was in shock he managed to get hold of her and lifted her up off the ground saying he should kill her. Glaring at him as her breathing stopped while he held her off the ground but when he released her she fell to the ground. Her wound was still healing and when she ran she did bit of damage.

With him yelling at her to follow she smirked as she exposed her wounded leg with her hand glowing oncce more but she put her hand over the bleeding wound. "No." She said softly as she closed her eyes laying her head back trying to heal the wound faster. Though with her energy low the tree and grass around her was dying with her wound healing faster.

The man sighed and turned to face her slightly irritated but calmed down now. He reached into a sack in his bag and pulled out a small pouch and pulled out and almond crunching it and tossed the rest of the pouch over to her. He squatted down in front of her and looked at her wound before offering her his arm.

"Draw some of my life if you need but in exchange you need to promise me you'll start eating. You saw me take a bite so its safe. As for myself I need to devour meat now for what I've just done. You couldn't even imagine how hungry that made me and I'm not going to come to eat you so I'd appreciate it if you just get this over with and follow me."

Putting her hand up as he offered his life force. "I...I can't take a bit of your life. I haven't mastered that spell yet. If I did it to a living being...They are going to be dead even after I released my hold." She sid seeing the bag of almonds in front of her but when he mentioned what she provoked and made him become she looked at him.

"Forgive me for my langue but what the fuck are you?" She asked as they had two dead horses on their hands and she knew her own strengths. "Can I ask you for one favor? If you need meat would you go hunt and...Eat it away from me. I hate seeing the creature you killed." She said as she finished healing her leg but grabbed the bag eatting the small amount of almonds at a time. "By the time you returned I'll be with the horses, I give you my word."

He had no expression on his face when she said that her magic would kill him like always but as if not believing it to be actually true. If only there was something that could kill him. He hated the fact that the was nothing he knew that could currently kill him. Maybe chopping his head off would work but he has never actually tried that. Whenever he came close to death wish blood would fester and he would become that again. He sighed again thinking over her words and decided he would throw that first question aside.

"Honestly I was just going to eat the horses raw because as I said I'm fighting back chomping down on you right now... Sorry about that, I'll go catch something I guess... Be back by the horses."

He walked off

She had noticed he ignored her question on what he was. Not fighting it she eat the almonds and searched the bushes finding berries. Once she had her fill she climb the hill to the horses. "This is going to hurt." She said as she touched the horse she was riding with the arrows turning to ash and the plant life dying around her. The wounds healed with the horse opening her eyes and jumped to her feet which knocked Lilian back on her feet. "Easy girl..." She muttered as her head was throbbing with her stomach turning as if she as going to vomit.

Stumbling to his horse as she went through the same process which done her in. Falling to the ground passing out but the horses stood close to her, nudging, sniffing her as if trying to wake her up. She wasn't dead just went beyond her limit with using her magic. The painted mare she was riding nickered softly with her hoof nudging Lillian.

The man finally comes back covered in blood and stops at the sight of the horses and her. His eyes shoot open and he runs over to her slowly down halfway as he notices the faint sound of a heart beat. He continues over to her and lifts her up onto one of the mare. They then head over to where he had knocked over a tree and brought the girl down leaning her back against it and throwing a blanket over her. It was the least he could do for her bringing back the horses. He set up a campfire as well cooking some meat that he brought back waiting for her to rise.

Groaning with her head throbbing as she felt the fire warming her along with a blanket on top of her. "Who..." She winced as she opened her eyes. Hissing slightly from annoyance she noticed the dark figure. "You're back...And...You placed a blanket on me?" She asked but felt stupid for asking that question since he was the only human, humaniod around.

"Thank you." She said as she saw the meat. She was a meat eater just she didn't want to see the creature that had to die. Slowly wrapping the blanket around her shoulders with her shifting to his side. "Smells good." She said laying her head on his shoulder. "Damn headache..." she said with a weak smile and giggle.

The man looked straight for a while taking another bite of meat and swallowing it down. He then looked down at her resting herself on him as if bewildered as if just noticing and this has just happened.

"You know that your head is kind of resting on my shoulder...? Oh the meat is deer meat so it should be fairly well."

He looked straight again pretending to himself that her head was no longer was where it was.

"And?" She said with a weak voice as she closed her eyes curing up to him. "You did say I could use you....In a way." she yawned as she was taking bits and pieces of his energy to ease the headache. After the few moments passed she shifted herself off of him rubbing her eyes. She ignored his comment the meat was deer meat which didn't matter as she made a promise.

Grabbing small strips off the sticks she sank her teeth into the fatty meat. She didn't look at him or say anything else while she ate a small portion of the meal. It didn't take her long to fill stuffed as she laid back down at his side with her curling up. For a kidnaper he wasn't bad as she heard horror stories of the victims were abused, used and oberall didn't survive. He hasn't abused her or used her in anyway as she didn't know if she should be thankful or not.

He looked over at her not minding that she was lying on him now that he believed she was doing it just to alleviate some pain. He didn't know whether to speak or not for this mission has been awkward enough being that he never had a target that was meant to live.

"There was once a myth back when demons were more prevalent in the land... That demons could come upon those on the verge of death and feed that person their blood. This would give that person a portion of the demon's strength but that person would become enthralled by them if the demon so wished it. A female demon walked away though asking nothing of a boy. That boy never met her before and there was nothing she wanted of him but she gave up a chunk of her life so that he could remain breathing with no motive other than that. He's never seen her after that day so he wouldn't even know how to thank her if thanking her what be enough for what she has done. He doesn't even know whether if he is putting use to the second chance he was given. This is but only a myth though... a myth that only I know."

Looking at him as he told her of the myth. "I only heard of demons in stories. I never thought they might exist." She said as she looked up at him from her laying position. Though she touched his knee. "I did eat the almonds you gave me plus a few berries so I have kept my end of the promise and so did you." She said with a smirk though slowly sat up as the dress slid off of one shoulder. Absent mindly she pulled it back up.

"So you know...Before the war started my Father hosted a banquet where the Kingdoms of Rosela, Tusfin, Lisphon and Darkaris can discuss on trading resources and being allies. While this banquet went on my mother gave birth and this banquet lasted for days and with my mother being a witch she was recovering well." She said as she looked into the fire. "When it ended my father went to my mother's room to find her on the floor with a Darkaris's dagger in her back, I was crying in my crib." She looked to him knowing this was nothing important just wanted to listen and hear her side of a story for once. "I never learned how to dance, proper table manners nor was I interested in suitors. I trained with a few selected Knights, learned spells from my mother's journals, plus sneaking into my father's study to learn of this war from the notes and maps. I have seen the living conditions of the villagers and those who work in the castle's walls. I want to make things better by making alliances with other lands so we can expand their fields and we can get the royal family's field with more workers who can earn more gold." Sighing softly as she shrugged her shoulders. "I know you don't care but its nice for someone to just listen."

He finally started looking at the princess when they spoke, but still awkwardly expressionless. He had stopped eating as well but ate considerably more than her.

"Well they were more common around two thousand years ago and prior. Coming into the late middle ages they were all about wiped out by man. There has to be at least one left though and their ability to take on the appearance of humans helped them to continue on. The demons are strong but they fought in small groups unlike our kind for they hate their own race as much as they did any other. They found it difficult to come together to fight off man.

He then looked away as he spoke talking in a lower tone

"Thanks for abiding to my request. We will continue on our way in the morning..."

He himself didn't know how to take her last words. He hasn't come across many willing to help others but a demon was able to find pity on him.

"Right..." She said softly as she turned on her side with her back to him and curled up in a small ball. With her holding the blanket u over her shoulders as she hid her face. She never noticed his odd expressions when they were talking. "Though thanks for listening. I never had someone to just listen...Always had someone whose there who sort of tunes you out ever when you ask for basic answers. Such as hows everyone doing." She said with her pulling the blanket down slightly but she was warm and stayed close to this man since he knew this area well enough to sit next to her yesterday.

Though she sat back up and reached over touching the edge of his hood. "Just shut up and sit still." she said as she pushed his hood back with her lightly touching his cheek feeling he was bit warmer. "You have an infection going on. Its weak but even weak infections can kill you or put your life in danger." She said softly looking at him. "Will you allow me to help you?"

He said nothing for a moment looking frustrated, not at her but not liking to accept assistance. He grumbled showing her his wounds and that they looked shallow now and scabbed over. He didn't want to tell her that the demon blood had accelerated his healing rate since it festered. He looked upon her though realizing that she wanted to be of help though. He sighed and though for a moment.

"You may heal me..."

He smirked some not being to fond of the idea

Back
Top Bottom