Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Assassin (Candira & HeartOfTheDarkness)

That he could be so forgiving and so gentle after all he'd been through seemed like a miracle. Still, he wouldn't cry for himself now--not when he wanted and needed to be strong. She wanted to cry for both of them, but for now, just being with him and being safe was enough. So she tried to be strong for him too. Breaking down now was not the wisest of things. "You couldn't have done anything more than you already did." She kissed him softly and held him for a long moment before he got up. She went to help him, but he refused.

Natasha walked with him, staying close to him just in case they needed to be on guard for some reason. She noted the time on the self-destruct of the complex and helped him to carry Riley out of the building. They hadn't gotten very far when it exploded, engulfing Christian's past and Viktor in flames. She stumbled a little at the shaking, but caught herself before she fell. Looking up at him as he said it was over, as he smiled, she knew this must be hard for him. Nothing about this was easy in any way, and he was still hurt.

When they finally reached home, Natasha was exhausted, but relieved to still find it all in one piece. They hadn't destroyed anything when they'd come for her except for the back door, but that was an easy fix. But there was no time to rest now. Right away, she went to her linen closet. She found a clean sheet in which to wrap Riley's body and picked some flowers from her small garden to let the woman hold. She deserved something beautiful after leading such an ugly life.

When Riley was prepared, Natasha kissed Christian's cheek and told him to take his time while she went inside. She kicked off her shoes and walked straight to her bedroom. She cried silently as she took off her clothes and slowly headed to the shower to try and shake it off before Christian came inside with her.

It was sweet how she would help him out. They replaced the dirty, bloody jacket with a clean sheet. She gave Riley's body some nice flowers. Christian got a shovel and took Riley's body to a hill. After digging a hole, he sat for a moment and prayed for Riley. He wasn't religious, nor did he believe in a heaven or hell, but he felt like it was something he had to do, just pray that she was now in a happier place. After one final look at Riley, he placed her in the hole and buried her body. Once the body was buried, he went out to find a few sticks and fashioned a cross to place over her grave. "Goodbye Riley, I'll never forget you. I hope you're finally in a better place." Tears slowly flowed down his cheeks as he stood at the grave for a long time.

After a while, he finally decided to go back to see Natasha. She had to have been very shaken up by everything that happened. He had no idea what Viktor did to her, and to be honest, he didn't really want to know. All he wanted to do was to make sure she was ok, and that they spent the remainder of their lives together. Seeing that she was just out of the shower, he went up to embrace her. "We're finally done. We can be together without worry." He was so happy, and yet in so much pain. Everything that recently happened to them was pretty horrible, but now they can achieve their true happiness together. "I love you Natasha."

Natasha cried herself out in the shower and took the time to really clean herself and use some cold water around her eyes so they didn't look puffy. It helped, even if her eyes were a little red. Christian had been through so much--and she'd witnessed most of it first hand like that sick bastard wanted her to. But she would never stop loving Christian. That was the one thing that hadn't changed despite everything they'd been through. When Christian came back in he was still a little dirty and bloody, but she didn't care. Her hair was still a little damp from the shower and she was just in a robe at the moment, but the second he came to her she smiled softly and returned his embrace.

Her hands came to the side of his face as she looked him over, that smile still on her face. She kissed him softly and then held him tightly to her. "I love you, too, Christian. That will never, ever change. I'm just so happy you're safe." Natasha leaned into his arms and took comfort in the fact that they would never have to go through that again. It was all she could do for now. Underneath all the sadness and the guilt she felt the happiness of knowing that he was safe. "I want to make you so happy you won't be able to see straight," she said with a little chuckle. Pulling away she looked up at him and ran her fingers through his short hair. "Take a nice long shower, love. I'll make us something good to eat. And then let's just rest awhile, huh? I think we've earned it."

It was obvious to him that she had been crying, but he didn't mind. What they've been through was horrible and tragic, but he had to hold it all in. As he leaned against Natasha, he relaxed for a moment, just enjoying the feeling of being in her arms once more. A shower did sound nice to him though, finally cleaning up and being able to relax some more. He walked into the bathroom and slowly removed his clothes. His wounds still hurt, but nowhere near as badly as before. Once Natasha removed the bullets in him, the wounds sealed pretty quickly. Feeling the hot water against his skin was both painful and relaxing, soothing his muscles, but burning his wounds.

After he cleaned up, he stepped out to smell Natasha's delicious cooking. It was a smell he missed in the short time he was gone, but he'll now be welcomed with it every day now. He hoped things would return to normal, living in this home with Natasha as his new life. It was hard work, and a lot of pain came with it, but he finally earned his freedom and could start his new life with the one he loved.

By the time Christian was finished in the shower, Natasha had dried and combed her hair, leaving it loose around her shoulders. She'd dressed in a comfortable pair of pajamas that were loose and soft, but still showed off her figure nicely. Dinner had already been started when he came back into the hall. She had managed to scrounge up enough prepared food to make them baked potatoes, some steaks--with the aid of a tiny grill--and some steamed corn from her garden.

The smell was delicious. While everything was cooking, she'd set the table except for the plates. Everything was just about ready to serve. She smiled at him when she saw him there and couldn't help the sense of relief she got when she saw him. He was scratched up and bruised, and he'd need to be taken care of a bit more, but he was alive and well. And now, he was free to live his life with her--to start a family with her.

She turned off all the heating elements and rushed over to him, stealing a kiss before he squeezed by. "Dinner's ready. Come on out when you're finished."

When Natasha came up to kiss him, he lit up a little. "I'll be out in a minute. Let me change." He gave her a little hug and went into the bedroom to change. He put on a pair of pajama pants and a thin t-shirt, and he was out and joining Natasha.

Things could finally be what they hoped for. No more threats, Natasha can now be safe, and they were free to start their own family, to live their happy lives together. But was it worth it? Natasha was most likely scarred from this, Christian lost a childhood friend. What would happen if he stayed with Viktor, would him and Riley get together?

Coming out of the bedroom, he approached Natasha and hugged her again. "I love you. I don't want us to ever be apart again." He mumbled before letting go of her to sit down and enjoy their meal together.

Natasha smiled at him when he came back out. She could tell he was exhausted--so was she--but he still looked much more at ease here. He seemed content, if a little sad. They would be alright as long as they had each other. She was sure of it. When he hugged her close to him, she leaned into him and returned the embrace, lingering just a little. "I don't want us to be apart either," she said with a smile. Once he was seated, she loaded his plate up and set it in front of him before doing the same for herself. The leftovers were quickly boxed and put away so she wouldn't have to take care of it later. The dishes would keep until she woke up next.

In the meantime, she took her plate and sat next to Christian, digging in with him.

The meal was delicious, a nice way to bring things back to normal for him. From time to time, he leaned over to rest his head on Natasha's shoulder, just glad that she was still there. Once his meal was done, he took his plate over to the sink and cleaned some of the dishes, giving him something to do while Natasha finished up his meal.

Though he was wounded from the fighting, it didn't really effect him. He didn't feel much pain, but he felt very numb. It was like everything lacked the joy it use to have, like it left him still cold inside. The meal was delicious, but he didn't feel full. The shower was warm and relaxing, but he was still shivering cold the whole time. The only thing that still seemed to be the same was just being with Natasha, the only person left for him in this world.

"I'm going to sit down for a bit." He mumbled, giving her a kiss before going to the living room to sit on the couch.

Natasha was having a hard time of things. It was difficult to eat and taste everything. Time seemed to stretch out before them, and they were exhausted. Sleep might help, but she had the feeling that they were going to have a long road of adjustment ahead. She sighed and finished up, kissing Christian as he left her for the living room. She cleaned her dishes and finished anything Christian had missed, putting everything away and wiping everything down so that he could have some time to himself. Finished, she turned off the lights in the kitchen and then went to join him there.

"Christian?" She sat next to him and watched him. She hated that he was so sad, that his world had been scarred by the events of today. "I want to help you, baby, but I can't if I don't know what you're feeling. I can imagine, but it isn't the same thing." She didn't put her arms around him, knowing that sometimes you just didn't want to be touched. She knew that he might not want to talk either, but she had to try. If he wanted time and space, she could give him some, but she needed him to know that she would be there for him. The one person she loved more than anyone else was in pain, and it hurt her to know it.

Hearing Natasha out, he leaned against her again. He wasn't sure what she could do, or even what was really in pain. It was just hard to know that his whole past was gone. While that sounded like a good thing, the little parts that made him happy were also gone. Riley was dead, and by his hand. Viktor's words still echoed in his head, that old man might've gotten the best of him. He wanted to cry, but he wasn't sure if that would really help anything.

"I...." He pulled Natasha into his arms, holding her close to him. "I just need some time to readjust to everything. I'm still shaken up from killing my own best friend, and just the thought of Viktor hurting you still sends shivers down my spine. I'm happy we're safe, but I need to readjust to a quiet life. But I still love you, and I'm happy that you're here for me." Tears slowly began to flow from his eyes as he held Natasha close to him. As long as she was with him, everything will be alright.

She felt bad that she'd been in any danger to begin with. Her own idiocy had led to her capture. It was her own fault. Not that they wouldn't have eventually taken her by force anyway. Her house wasn't made to stand up to attacks like that one--and even if it had been, she doubted she would have lasted much longer. "I should have been more careful," she said softly, putting her arms around him as he held her close. The instant she was in his arms she felt just the tiniest bit better. But he was still in pain, and she knew that he would be for awhile to come.

Killing his best friend--one who'd tried to kill him, even though she didn't really want to--was going to haunt him forever. His master's betrayal and the last words he said would linger even longer, she was sure. But he loved her, and he was happy with her. He wanted to stay here. And as long as he was with her, she wanted to make sure he had everything he would ever need from her.

So as he began to cry, she held him close, letting him lean into her as she gently stroked his short hair and rubbed his back. He could stay there with her as long as he wanted. It was okay for him to cry. "That's right, honey. Just let it all out. It's okay." It hurt to know that he was in pain and she couldn't stop it, but it would hurt him more if she selfishly asked him to hide it or try and get past it. No. He needed time. "I'll wait for you as long as you need, Christian."

She was acting like his mother, treating him like a crying child, but he was okay with that. All he really wanted was some comfort, a loving voice to tell him that it'll be okay. After she began to comfort him, he started crying harder. For allowing Natasha to be in pain, for killing his best friend, for all of the pain he has been through all these years. He was getting it all out. Pulling her closer, he buried his face into her bosom, just crying.

After a few more minutes have past, he started to calm down. It hurt a lot to think about it, but getting all of that out helped a lot. Wiping the remainder of his tears from his face, he looked up at Natasha and gave her a weak smile. "Thank you. I feel a little better now." He gave her a kiss, then snuggled against her, trying to get comfortable.

Natasha let him cry for what seemed like hours. She was certain that it hadn't been that long, but poor Christian's pain seemed to wash over her with each sob. There was so much sadness in his life that it was a wonder to her that he hadn't been crushed by the weight of that baggage yet. She kissed his head, stroking his back and shoulders while he shed tears for everything he'd been through. More than anything she wanted to be able to help him feel better and move past everything, but she was kidding herself if she thought it would happen quickly.

So for the time being, she did the only thing she could, supporting him while he let it all out. When the tears and sobbing finally subsided, she was glad to see that he seemed to feel better. She reached behind her on an end table and handed him some tissues. She let him wipe away the tears and blow his nose, smiling back at him. Her shirt was a little wet, but that was alright. She kissed him back, cuddling up with him as he shifted around. "Wanna go to bed?" she asked, pushing some of her red hair behind her ear. They didn't have to, but it seemed like a nicer option than the couch for now.

Looking up at her, he calmed down a little bit. "Ok, I'd like that." Maybe he was tired. It had been a very long day for both of them, maybe sleep would calm him down a little bit. Christian got up and lead Natasha to the bedroom with him. Once he laid down, he waited for her to come join him and cuddle up with him. Being with the woman he loved, he knew that he'll eventually get out of this depression, knowing that she would be there to care for him.

The redhead smiled down at him and got up after him, letting him lead the way. She crawled into bed with him and snuggled against him on her side. Her soft hand gently brushed away what was left of his tears and she kissed him softly. "I love you Christian. I'm so glad I met you." With that, she wrapped her arms and legs around him protectively and rested her head on his shoulder as she closed her eyes. No matter what he went through, she would be there for him.

He felt so safe with his lover, wrapping herself around him, comforting him. "I love you too Natasha. I'll never regret our meeting or the time I've spent with you." He let out a weak smile as he rested his head on her breasts, finally falling asleep from exhaustion.

After a decent night of sleep, he woke up, still in Natasha's arms. He decided to pull her in closer and give her a nice kiss to wake her up. "Wake up sweetie. I missed you while I was asleep." He said, in a better mood than the day before.

Natasha dropped off to sleep like a stone. She was so relieved that they were home now and safe after all that had happened to them, that she just couldn't help herself. When the tension left her body, she was weak and she didn't last very long at all. When she woke to Christian's kiss, she was still tangled up with him, and his gentle voice was calling her back. She still felt very tired, snuggling closer into him as he said something impossibly sweet. "Mmm, morning," she said, forcing her eyes open, though she really wanted to curl back up and fall asleep for another hour or two.

More than the want for sleep, however, was the want for him, and so she smiled softly, her drowsy eyes looking into his. "Have you been awake long?"

Christian pulled her close to him, happy to have her with him. "No, not very long. Sleep well?" It was the beginning of a new life for him, for both of them. Yea, the pain was still there, but he knew that Natasha would be there for him. It was all in the past now, and now all he could do is move forward.

Sitting up, he began stroking her hair. Seeing how tired she looked, he smiled softly. "Want to sleep some more?" He could go an hour or two by himself, maybe clean himself up while he waited for her.

She smiled and happily stayed very close to him. It was good to know that he hadn't been up for long. It wasn't so much that she was selfconscious, just that she wouldn't have wanted him to feel lonely. So she looked up at him, eyes still a little heavy with sleep. When he sat up, stroking her hair, her eyes followed him. "Mmm, I slept very well. I would like more sleep, but I can always do that later. Right now I want to be with you, more than anything." She smiled and then slowly pulled herself up and wrapped her arms around him, kissing his cheek.

He was happy to be able to finally have this life, nothing was going to ruin it. "I'm glad to hear that. This is the first day of our new life together. I'll always be here with you. Just you, me, and hopefully some children soon." He whispered to her, holding her close to him. It would be hard work, living together out in the woods, but he knew that they would pull through together. Some work might need to be done on the house though, add in a couple of extra rooms for the children. And they might need to plant more crops if they'll have more mouths to feed. Just thinking about it made Christian smile, knowing he finally had his freedom, and he chose to spend it with the one he loves.

She smiled at his words. Before she might have taken them for granted, but she knew the significance of his choice. He would never leave her again, if he had a choice. And now that his former master was dead, he certainly did. He was a free man. As he held her close, she closed her eyes and leaned into him. Her soft body pressed against his, and she wanted nothing more than to be his woman. "I'm so glad you're here. I'm so glad you want me." They could have a new life now. They could be together and start a family.

"Mmm...You'll make a wonderful father, Christian. I'm sure of it." She smiled and kissed his lips softly, holding him close. "You're already wonderful just the way you are."

~5 Years Have Gone By~

Christian stands in front of Riley's grave, the wind blowing the leaves around him. He grew out his hair, and he even grew a beard. His life with Natasha has been great since they started living their lives together. They got married a few months after their recovery, and soon after they expanded their home. Soon after all of their preparations were finished, they discovered that Natasha was pregnant. It was the happiest he had ever been, knowing that he was going to be a father. It was amazing to see how far he has gone, from an inhuman assassin to a loving father and husband.

"Hello again Riley. Sorry for not visiting you for a few weeks. Things got hectic at home. I hope you're living a wonderful life up in heaven." He looked up at the sky, tears rolling down his eyes. "I still miss you and I wish you were here. You'd be the best godmother to our daughter, I'm sure she would love you." As much as it hurt to think about the past, he wouldn't let it hold him down, he'd have to move on, Riley would've wanted it. "I should head back, Natasha has dinner almost ready. I promise I'll visit again soon. Take care." He slowly began heading home, drying his tears.

"Daddy!" A little girl came rushing towards Christian. "Daddy. Mommy says dinner is ready, and you promised to play with me afterwards." The little girl pouted, clinging to her father's leg.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I was just having a chat with an old friend." He picked up his daughter and held her in his arms. "Let's go home, Riley."

Back
Top Bottom