Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

AHLWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShatteredSoul

Super-Earth
And Her Last Words Were

The Synopsis:

Katelynn Elizabeth Carston, a young girl of a mere nineteen years old, has everything she could ever want. Great friends, a loving and close family, acceptions to her top colleges (Univ of New Haven, Castleton, Iona). She was due to start her fall semester in just five months. On June fifth, she due to give a very important proposal to her boss at the store she worked at. She was strangely nervous and sickly that day: pale skin, fever, shakiness, and odd chest pains. She was out of it, and a bit light-headed and dizzy too. After about five minutes into her speech, Kate collapsed to the floor unconscious. She was rushed to the ER and immediately taken to the ICU where a large series of tests were run. After a long, and impatient four hours, Katelynn Elizabeth Carston, a young, privileged, beautiful nineteen year old young woman, has found out that she is dying. The Doctor, a mister Greg Viela, informed her solemnly that she has a rare condition, rare and very severe: Heart cancer, more specifically, a lymph-form of heart cancer focusing on the aortic region of her heart. It's inoperable, the methods needed to remove such an intricate mass and mess far too dangerous for her to live through. The most the doctor can offer to her is medication and chemotherapy treatment. The look of the heart and the lymphoma and tumor alone shows that she is at a very advanced stage, though the exact level in indeterminable without further testing. Katelynn doesn't want to die as anyone other than herself, as a sick person. She's what happens to patients that undergo chemotherapy and various other treatments to prolong their death, it makes them sicker and look deathly: pale skin, constant temperature flashes between cold and hot, hair loss, weakness, and various other symptoms. She loves her friends and family dearly, and would not want to put them through the torture, fear, sadness, or financial trouble of the treatments, nor would she want them to spend their last moments with the "wrong" Katie, she doesn't want to put herself through that either. She politely denied the chemotherapy treatment from Dr. Viela, respectfully of course, and instead asked him to predict her life span. He explained to Katie very carefully that the lymphoma was a strong and intelligent form, and that it had been aided with a cancerous number of cells in building up a strong tumorous region in her heart, the way it was found was very lucky, and also very unfortunate, being its stage of advancement and its inoperabilty. He gives her about four months left to live, with treatment that could extend to a minimum of one year, and a lucky maximum of her life. She was upset, but understanding and unchanging of her decision to deny the treatment, though she did agree to the medications and to stay in the hospital for the next two days so that there could be further studying of her cancer.

Now, Katelynn has left the hospital and returned to her apartment on the June twelfth. She informed her friends and family that she was fine, and that the doctors told her to just cut back on all of her activites and relax some, that they determined it was a moderate anxiety episode and that they had only kept her to make sure and certain she was alright and had no concussions. It was a straight lie. She doesn't want anyone to know the truth, if they do, they'll inevitably treat her differently: like a dying person, like a sick person, like all they can do is cry and look at her with those sad eyes. She doesn't want to can't spend her last days of life living like a dying person, like all her life consists of now is death. She refuses to. Of course she will eventually tell the the truth, but she will wait for now, until she is satisfied completely with her life. For the time being, she wants to live out the rest of her days as best she can; picnics, days at the amusement parks, rainy afternoons playing childish board games. Simple desires to most, but to her, they are the most memorable, and meaningful memories that anyone can hold.

The timeline:

This Role Play will begin in the AM of June twelfth, a Wednesday, and end on September second, a Monday. It will conclude with a time skip to the fourteenth of September in which the ceremony of her funeral will be shown. Each day will conclude after an early morning post (1), a mid-morning post (2), an afternoon post (3), a mid afternoon/sunset/dusk post (4), an evening post (5), and a bedtime/late night post (6). As you can see this is very organized and I intend it to remain this way.

The Rules/Standards:

1. I desire, request, demand, and enforce literacy within all posts made. This is a very serious, and yet somehow light-hearted story, I expect it to be written your character is the very air you breathe. That being said, I am requesting that all posts be a minimum of two, detailed paragraphs long. Do not use fillers please, there are times when you can't come up with something I understand, but with such structure coming up with a detailed, literate, and semi-lengthy post should be fairly easy.
2. This is a story for multiple characters, with a handful of key roles that I would ideally like to see, including siblings, friends, parents, etc. The key role I am looking for you to play is the role of the lover, or potential lover. I am more than willing to play multiple characters in addition to Katelynn, but if you choose to do this with me then you need to be willing to play multiple characters in addition to one primary character.
3. I understand that there are times when you can not be sending out post after post or not able to get online to post. I do request you to submit at least one post per a two week time period. That is very generous for me, and even more generous for most Role Plays as a whole. And please, please, please, if you lose interest or want to stop or something talk to me about it first.
4. There will be romance in this, and there is strong potential for sexual acts to occur as well.

If you have stuck around to this point, then that's amazing and fantastic and I hope you're interested in this. As a last note, I do have a form of sorts for you to fill out for the main character you intend to play. All you need to do is PM me with a completed form. I have the form Katelynn's character filled out already and am more than happy to share it.

Code:
[center]font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Name:[/b] First Middle Last  (Middle name is not required)[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Gender:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Age:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Appearance:[/b] You must use at least one paragraph. Key focals: hair color, eye color, clothing style, general build of body and height. Pictures are acceptable, but must accompany the paragraph(s) and must be real (Not anime, cartoon, etc.)[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Relationship with Katelynn:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]History:[/b] I want at least one paragraph (according to my standards) that details how this person is involved with the main character Katelynn. You are more than welcome to expand their history for further knowledge.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Residence type:[/b] House, apartment, condo, etc.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Favorite places to visit:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Hobbies, Interests, etc.:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Possessions of importance:[/b] Example: Cell phone (specify please), computer/laptop, jewelry, clothing items (hat, jacket, etc.) etc.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Involvement with other characters:[/b] If applicable[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Other:[/b] Are they in college? Where do they go? What do they do? Do they have a job? etc.[/font][/center]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom