Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paralyzed (CLOSED)

PrincessGumdrop

Supernova
Sato kissed his daughter's cheek and waved goodbye to his young daughter. She quickly hurried onto the bus with her backpack and lunchbox in hand, waving back to her father as she headed off to her 5th grade class. She had yet to tell her father that her grades had been slipping in her English class ever since she had to start taking on different responsibilities ever since her father's accident.

When Mary got to school she headed straight for the back seat, attempting to get her homework done before the teacher could call it up to the front. She rushed through it, hoping that it was mostly just a homework check and not a grade on correctness.

With his daughter gone at school Sato wheeled his chair over to the desk, looking for another job. His old job was sad to see him go, but he decided he could no longer work as a mechanic, only because it hurt too much to be around the cars that he loved so much. He had a couple of interviews coming up soon, so had been a tad bit neglectful on checking out Mary's homework.

RE: Paralyzed (Shards~Of~Roses, PrincessGumdrop)

Tristan gave a soft sigh as he moved through the halls of the school, he would stop and speak with different teachers. He would stop more for the different kids though as he really loved children, it was his passion, then again that was why he was a teacher. Reaching his own room he looked to his class, putting down his briefcase before he noticed Mary in the back working hard on the homework he gave last night.

He saw this everyday with her and slowly he was growing worried, just a few months ago she was his star student yet now she was barely making the grade. He started the class, he made sure to wait as long as he could before asking for the homework wanting to give her a chance to get it right. He knew there would be a test at the end of the week and he needed her to be ready. As he asked for the homework he also asked for Mary to stay behind. He knew this had to be address, he had heard the rumors and while he never listened to them he felt now he needed to find out if they were true.

Mary tried to sink down into her seat when Tristan told her to stay after class. She glanced at the door and fidgeted in her seat before getting up and going to the desk. "I kind of need to catch the bus, and soon. My dad can't pick me up today." she said, hoping that that might get her out of talking to her teacher. Something forced her to keep talking though "I'm sorry my grades have been dropping, I just...it's just...I mean, things are kind of hard right now. But I promise I'll get better, I swear!" she said, looking at her teacher hoping he would understand.

Tristan watched as she sunk down like that, truly had his heart wrenching before she came up. "Don't worry about the bus, I wanted to take you home today myself. Mary I'm really worried about you, its like everyday you've been doing the homework in class, if you need help with the homework I'm sure I can come and help you with it" He said to her rather worried about the girl. He moved to squat down to her level as he saw the worry on her face. "Please don't worry I'm not mad, I'm just really worried about you" he said to her trying to comfort some of her worries.

Mary nodded "I...I guess." she said and shook her head finally "I don't need help...I just, I don't have time right now." she said, "I promise, I'll get better, my daddy and I are just working things out and it's hard, that's all." she explained "I guess, you can come...I don't know if my daddy will like that too much though. He doesn't really like when people come over to the house. Not right now, anyway." Mary grabbed her bag. "Can you just drop me off?" she asked, looking at the clock. "It would be a huge help."

Tristan noticed how uneasy and almost scared of things going wrong, he placed a hand on her arm and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "I'll just drop you off and have a very quick talk with your father. I don't want these grades to reach your report card Mary, if I help now then it'll be easier I promise" he said to her with a soft smile. He stood picking up his brief case and held out his hand to her. "Come, don't want to worry your father now do we?" he said with a soft smile shifting the talk away from her grades.

Mary sighed but nodded. She understood that her teacher was just trying to help, even if she didn't want her father to know what was going on at the moment. She grabbed his hand and headed out with him, giving him directions to her home. Once they got there she knocked on the door a couple of times, waiting for her father to come get the door.

Sato wheeled his chair over to the door and opened it a bit "Forgot your key?" he asked, smiling at Mary and glanced up to see a man behind her "Hello..." he trailed off, looking to Mary who squeezed in between the door and her father, hurrying off to her room, not wanting to be there for the conversation that was about to ensue.

Tristan was happy when she didn't fight against him anymore on the fact that he was going to speak with her father. Yet as they came up to the door and she gave a knock he wasn't expecting her father to open it while in a wheel chair, to say the least he was caught off guard. "Hello, I'm Mr. Risen Mary's teacher from school. I've been worried about her and I thought it would be best to speak with you" he said to him with a soft smile trying to keep his charm as he spoke with Sato. "Might I come in and speak with you?" he asked.

Sato looked a little confused but wheeled back a bit and nodded "Of course, Mr. Risen." he said waited for the man to come in before shutting the door behind him. "We can talk in the kitchen. What seems to be the problem?" he asked, rolling his way towards the kitchen "She hasn't gotten into any trouble has she?" he clarified and stopped by the kitchen table offering Tristan a seat.

Tristan moved into the house shifting to let Sato shut the door. "Oh no, she's not in trouble. Only I've noticed that her grades have been slipping" he said to him before taking a seat. "I was worried that maybe there was something troubling her, I tried to speak with her on it but she wanted to come home so badly so I gave her a ride. Seems she's really worried about you it seems" he said to him as he wasn't going to sugar coat it.

Sato sighed when the other mentioned his daughter's grades, "I thought something was bothering her...she rarely forgets her key and now she always does." he said and wheeled back a bit. "I'm afraid it's because of this." he said, "we're still getting used to it." Sato continued and looked down at his knees and rubbed them "I got into a car accident, and well..." he gestured to the chair. "She's been helping me out quite bit...probably more then she honestly should be. I'll make sure that gets back to her work. No need for her grades to be slipping because of me."

Tristan listened as he understood that transitions could really hurt school life. "Would you like some help? Perhaps she wouldn't feel so worried about her father if you had a little help, plus it'll allow me to help her with her grades." he said feeling the need to help her and her father now. He would do this for any student it really wasn't about anything more than him wanting to help anyone he could.

(sorry this took so long to answer)

Sato seemed to hesitate when Tristan asked if he would need help. "I..." he looked toward the hallway that Mary had gone down. "Mr. Risen, I really appreciate what you are offering to do, but I honestly don't know how comfortable I am with that." he said and looked down to his lap "Although I wouldn't object to you coming in for some in home tutoring." he stated. Sato was proud, and the accident hadn't humbled that pride at all, if anything it made it worse. He was trying though, anything for his daughter.

Tristan gave a soft nod as he understood if he was turned down, from what he could see the male before him was proud and wished to things on his own. When he heard him turn him down yet also accept he understood, completely so in fact. "I'm sure she only needs a little help, after all you're daughter is very smart. I'm sure in no time you and your daughter will have things going perfectly. I only wish to help, once transition is complete I'm sure you'll no longer need me around" he finished, standing he gave a bow. "I'll bring her home from now on if that works for you?" he asked wanting to make sure he didn't cross any lines.

Sato wheeled his chair back when the other stood and headed towards the door to let the man out. "Sure, I'll tell her to come home with you instead." he moved over in front of the man, to lead him out "Mr. Risen. I would like you to realize, that speaking of 'transitions' has nothing to do with tutoring my daughter, and I would appreciate it if you lay off speaking of anything other than that." he said, not looking at Tristan. He rolled towards the door and opened it for him. "I take it I will see you tomorrow then?" he asked.

Tristan gave a nod while moving to exit, he winced when he heard the tone from the father. "Yes I'm sorry. I misspoke" he said before leaving out fully. "Yes, I'll be here. Please excuse me" he said before turning away from the door. Walking towards his own car, he started to question just what he had gotten himself into. Maybe this was the wrong thing to do? He wasn't sure, yet he didn't want Mary to be hurt by this.

Sato called Mary to him and explained what was going on, attempting to assure her that he wasn't mad at her. He understood, there was a 'transition' time, even if he didn't want to admit it. "I want you to do well, Mary." he said and kissed her forehead. "And I don't want my situation to effect yours." he wheeled into the kitchen and worked to make both of them some dinner.

"Daddy...I promise I'll do better." Mary said and grabbed a chair, to help grab things for the dinner. "Here." she said and handed him the box that she had grabbed and went back to grabbing the other things.

Tristan drove to his own home to start on all the homework he had to check, he worked most the night until midnight, as he also had to set up the lesson plan for the next day. He truly hoped that mary and her father would be okay, he went to sleep missing dinner. He didn't mind though, waking up he head to school earlier than usual to make sure the class room was set up.

The next day Mary headed off to school, this time she had her homework done. After a very long talk about how important schooling was she managed to get it done. She wasn't sure how well done it was, but she had tried her best. Sato had headed to bed before she could finish it, he had a few pain medication that he took and they always made him tired. She sat in her seat when the bell rang to let all the kids out and looked over to Tristan, waiting for him.

Tristan conducted his class like usual and as he heard the bell ring letting the other children leave, his eyes on Mary as she waited for him. "Come, lets get you home" he said to her picking up his briefcase and held out a hand for her. He had a little test ready for Mary to take at home so that he knows just where she needed the most help. He didn't want to see her grades drop anymore, any lower he knew that it would be brought to the principles attention and he didn't want that for her.

Mary nodded and got up, "What are we going to do today?" she asked, looking up to Tristan. "My dad said we can work in the kitchen." she pulled out her key to show it to her teacher "Just in case he's sleeping, I remembered it today." she smiled and followed her teacher to his car. "If he is sleeping we need to be quiet...he doesn't like to be woken up." she giggled "He can't chase me and tickle me anymore for waking him up though, so all he does is yell at me for being silly."

Tristan gave a smile when he heard her asked that, it seemed she really was very eager to learn. "Well I thought I might give you a test. No pressure to it, I just want to see how much you know. That way we'll start there and really get you better at your classes" he said to her. Though when he heard the changes that happened to her father, he felt his heart skip in pain for that. He remembered how the house they lived in now really didn't seem to be fit for someone in a wheelchair, maybe he might be able to help, after all he grew up with a brother in a wheel chair. There were always things that could be done to help give someone more independence while in a wheelchair.

"Okay." she said and got into the car. She waited until they got home, not really talking after that. Once they got home she opened the door with her key and hurried towards the kitchen, setting her book bag down "I'm going to see if he's awake." she said before running off down the hallway and peaking into her father's room. She smiled when she saw he wasn't sleeping and was trying to get into his wheelchair. "Daddy!" she called and moved into the room "Mr. Risen is in the kitchen, he's going to help me with my homework."

Sato looked over to his daughter and smiled "isn't that nice," his hand slipped and he fell right in front of the chair "damnit!" he cursed and glanced to his daughter "I'm sorry Mary, that wasn't a nice thing to say was it." Mary shook her head and headed over to her father going to help him up the best that she could.

Tristan started the car and drove them back to her house, yet when they entered, watching Mary as she ran off to put her bag on the table then rush to check her father. Truly to him she was amazing, yet as he heard the curse he started to the living room to see her father on the ground. "You okay?" he asked moving to help yet held back only helping a little so that Mary didn't get overpowered by her father's weight. He wanted to give tips and help the male more yet something within him stopped him from doing so.

Sato looked over to Tristan "I'm fine, Mr. Risen." he said, helping himself up into the wheelchair, slowly but surely. He looked to Mary "Thank you, Mary. You know you don't have to help me with that, I can manage on my own." he said, glancing over to Tristan. He looked away from both of them, having a bit of a blush on his cheeks. He hated to have others see him like that. "Why don't you go work on your homework, Mary. Mr. Risen is a busy man I'm sure."

Back
Top Bottom