Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Update to the Site Rules!!!!!!!!! - Clarification to loli/shota rule

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
So, there's been a minor update (more like, clarification) to the site rules in regards to an aspect of how we view loli/shota since some people think there are ways to get around it. Umm... NO!

With that, I give you this:

When it comes to age specifications, if you are using characters that 'appear' younger... YOU MUST SPECIFY AN ACTUAL AGE OR AGE RANGE. Do NOT use this as a means to skirt rules. If your character looks younger than 13 but is actually older, we will consider it loli/shota. END OF STORY! The reason for this is because all characters NEED TO BE POST-PUBESCENT. So, if your character LOOKS younger than 13, then they are pre-pubescent and thus not complying with the loli/shota rule.

RE: Update to the Site Rules!!!!!!!!!

It really upsets me that people still insist on trying to get by this. Gross. Hell, I think you guys are being lenient for anything under 18... But that's just me.

Get'm DA!

How does this apply to non human characters? If the character is a clone, robot, alien, furry, monster or anything else Should we simply specify that the character is not a child? Also, are children allowed to be non-sexual characters and NPCs?

All characters who look or seem around that age should be clarified over 13. Same thing goes for animals, it goes by human years/year span. So for example if you have a dog, they would have to be 13 minimum. *old for a dog, but in human years they'd be a teenager* so you'd have a teenage dog instead of an old one. Same goes for Clones, robots, aliens, furries, monsters .... if they are younger - you need to specify they are over 13.

As for children in non sexual - I believe it is allowed to have them so long as they are not involved in/around any sexual acts. Ex. Two parents involved in sexual activity - as they are parents they would obviously have kids. So long as the child is not involved/exposed too said acts.

The age thing does have certain lenience on Alternate races. For example. If you are playing say, a robot, It could be a ear old but portray a 30 year old woman. Alien races that may be around the age of 20 but still look to be a child. (Like 10) you have to use some common sense in this matter. The site is more for not wanting lolicon/Shotacon. In fact that is one of the reasons they are raising the cap for 13-15. (Ther are other factors but the one that i am not buying is people complaining. If you do not wnat to play with someone playing 13 YO, then don't)

anyway back on topic. If they fall unto the underage category (Racail pre-pubecent or looks pre-pubecent by human standards) they are, by the site's rule, illegal.

I wish they had caped it at 14, that way you could play a character just starting high school. The time when most people that age start thinking about more adult relationships, like sex. But I have to say I'm glad they don't jump up to 18, that cuts out the age of 16 when most fantasy story character start adventuring.
I also agree, if you don't like it don't play it or join a thread with people who do. Don't whine about not liking something someone else may like it.

That's my two cents.

15's a good age, It's not too low, and means people can't skirt around the Puberty rule, and It kinda fits most plots featuring younger characters too, rather than the 13 year olds, and if they want that SO desperately, they can use an IM or something else.

End of the day, there's no room for complaints with any of the Rule Changes that have happened recently, the Avatars, PM cap and Ages.
They've all been handled perfectly in my opinion.
Good Going Blue Moon.

PK_Blizzard said:
15's a good age, It's not too low, and means people can't skirt around the Puberty rule, and It kinda fits most plots featuring younger characters too, rather than the 13 year olds, and if they want that SO desperately, they can use an IM or something else.

End of the day, there's no room for complaints with any of the Rule Changes that have happened recently, the Avatars, PM cap and Ages.
They've all been handled perfectly in my opinion.
Good Going Blue Moon.

Agreed. There was an excellent RFD, a compromise was reached, time was given for people to adjust. This is one of the better-run sites I've come across thus far.

I read the NEW NEW RULES! The PM Cap confuses me. I do rp with someone who just PM RP. So if I past the cap, do I get banned? Or stopped from PMing?

Flamette said:
I read the NEW NEW RULES! The PM Cap confuses me. I do rp with someone who just PM RP. So if I past the cap, do I get banned? Or stopped from PMing?
Honestly, where in the world do the rules say you'll get banned for that? It's been explained to you once before, but you still seem to think they'll do that for the most UNLIKELY of reasons; banning is a LAST RESORT measure, not the first tool used by the staff.

So, once again, NO. You will NOT get banned; the worst that will happen is that you can't send or receive PMs, which means you'll have to clean out your inbox, sent box, trash and draft folders (plus any custom folders you might have) until you're below the cap.

Back
Top Bottom