Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Prodding the Dragon (Between Aria T'Loak and SuperSrs)

SuperSrs

Planetoid
Yossari could hear the man's heart pounding against his chest, could see the beads of sweat dribbling down his forehead. His fear was palpable, and it grew all the more apparent as the Turian's fingers slowly began to loosen around his ankle. He was going to have a change of heart, that the criminal knew. Soon, he was going to start holding his own life over that bitch of a boss's. It was only a matter of time...

"Listen buddy," He moved forward, leaning against the rail as a pair of dark gray eyes settled over dangling man. His poker face wasn't bad, especially for someone who had a couple dozen feet of air between his fragile little skull and rock solid ground. Not like it wasn't going to do him any good though. "...I'm not interested in making the street cleaner's job anymore difficult than it has to be. You listen to what I have to say, and no one's going to have to be cleaning anyone's guts off the sidewalk come tomorrow,"

The man squirmed, the blood rushing to his head as he glared daggers at the Yossari. "Do you have ANY idea who Aria is, you cocky little brat?" The rage seeped from his voice, pushing away the fear for a brief second, "Or are you just some Earthborn piece of trash who thinks he knows everything?"

A slight, admittedly somewhat smug, smile curled upwards onto the arms dealer's face as he regarded the man, "...guilty as charged,"

"You don't FUCK with Aria," He seethed, teeth bared like a wild animal ready to chomp down, "She gets a piece of everything, legal or otherwise. That includes your shitty little weapon business-"

That was enough to make a Yossari's nose wrinkle, a small scowl darkening his features as his eyes narrowed. Shitty? Really? Well then.

"-You pay her a piece of your profits, or else your going to wish you were in my position. She'll hunt you down, and gut you like a goddamn fis-" Unfortunately, the man wasn't going to get a chance to finish his cute little threat...

"Drop him, Tarkus,"

...because he was suddenly screaming for his life. It didn't last long, however, a sickening crunch signalling the end of it all. Not the way he would've preferred to end it, but oh well. Sometimes that was the way the cookie crumbled. Pulling away from the railing, he motioned for the barefaced Turian and the few guards he'd brought with him to follow. They'd need to hurry, as while this part of the slums was usually deserted the young man didn't want to stay any longer than needed. Someone was going to discover the body, and really he didn't want to be around when that happened.

"You do know that we just made a very big mistake,"

The Turian, Tarkus, spoke. The older alien was looking down at Yossari, his scarred features and single good eye focused upon the young man. He'd be met with only a brief shrug.

"You blew the first one's head off two days ago, and now we just sent another plummeting to his death. Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't been shot out an airlock just yet,"

"I'm not going to complain if we piss her off," Replied the arms dealer, brushing a strand , "...no such thing as bad publicity, right? I'm sure she has more enemies than friends, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind being well-armed either,"

He was met only with a sigh. Replying in kind, the young man turned away. They still had a ways until they got back to their 'HQ', located farther back into slums.

Aria slammed her fist down on the table. "Where the fuck are all these bodies coming from?" She asked her Batarian Captian of the Guard, Anto.

"If I knew that, then I wouldn't be reporting it to you." Anto replied.

Aria looked up, pointed her finger in his face and narrowed her eyes. "You make sure you find someone, anyone who might know about this. He was one of my best Red Sand dealers not to mention he also was an arms dealer as well, and if I have to find one more replacment for him, I'll be posting a job opening for a new Captian!" She screamed at him.

He narrowed his four eyes at her. But he didn't say anything more. Her point was made. "I'll get my best men on it. Hopefully this stops tonight." Anto said, as he turned to leave.

"Don't you turn your back on me Anto, you better have a report back to me no later than 1 am." She growled at him.

"I'm not turning my back, I'm going to solve this." He said, as he walked out. "1 am. Got it Aria, see you then."

Aria walked back out into Afterlife, her bar. Seeing the purple and black lights, flickering occasionaly, and hearing the music, and the base so low, she felt it throughout her body. She looked around and seen the scum of the galaxy in her bar, making her filthy fucking rich and smiled. She seen them getting high off of Red Sand, saw them drinking themselves stupid, and even fucking, right there, out in the open. Some just oral, an orgy over in a private section, a Turian groping an Asair's tits at the bar, it didn't matter to her.

Walking to the bar, she looked at one of her bartenders. "Get me my bottle of Novarian Rum." She said. "Have you had your break yet?" She asked, knowing that even the best still need some time off.

"No Aria, nobody has relived me yet." The young Asari said.

Aria looked around, and seen another bartender, on her break going on 45 minutes, getting groped. She walked over to her and pulled her up by her throat. "So, I'm giving 45 minute breaks now?" She snarled. Seeing the fear in her eyes she shook her head. "Get your blue ass back over to the bar, or I will have you thrown out the nearest airlock." She said as she let her go, seeing her stumble as she was dropped.

Seeing that all was right now, she took her rum and went to her private overlook, and sat down on the couch. She opened her liquor, and poured a glass, finally getting a few minutes to relax. Or so she thought.

Yossari leaned forward a tad, glancing into the mirror as he splashed water over his face. Last night given into a couple rounds of drinking, and while the stuff at the local bar was nothing more than water-downed swill it still did a pretty decent job at getting one drunk...as the pounding in his skull would attest too. The visage on the other end stared back, a man in his mid-twenties who wouldn't seem out of place in such a sea of scum and coruption. Light gray eyes, dark bags hanging beneath them; a mop of raven hair, seemingly having never touched a comb; pale skin, it'd having been at least a year since he'd been planet side. The darkness of space was his home now, and really Yossari couldn't think of a more welcoming place. Unlike Earth, and the ever growing scrutiny of its law enforcement, in space no one gave much of a damn if you overstepped your boundaries just a tad. Especially in a hellhole like Omega.

"The clock is ticking, I think we should really move spots," The voice from the back of the apartment, from Tarkus. The Turian had set himself up at the modification table, and though most of his attention was focused on fixing up one of the guns he still had time to offer Yossari yet another fair warning. The young man would offer a sigh in response, not even bothering to give the Turian a look as he dried off his face.

"There are probably hundreds of other people like us on this station, maybe even thousands. If she's really looking for us, it's going to take her a damn long time to scrounge through all the others first. And like I said, nothing wrong with a bit of bad publicity,"

Even with his back turned, Yossari could almost feel the Turian's eye 'narrowing' just a tad, his next words laced with an evergrowing trace of annoyance, "Aria isn't like the crimelords back on Earth, boy. Even York would've known better than to screw with her,"

The human's eyebrows furrowed, the man finally looking back over his shoulder, "Can we keep Dad out of this? Seriously, I've got this under control. She wo-"

He wouldn't get a chance to finish that sentence as a loud, forceful knock came from the apartment door. Yossari went quiet, and offering Tarkus only the briefest look the young man slowly approached the door and pulled it open.

He was met with a barrel to the face.

The gun was aimed right at his forehead, barely even wavering as the owner spoke.

"We're here to search the premise," On the other end of the weapon stood a single human, two more trailing behind him. His finger was already on the trigger, and a single squeeze would be enough to leave Yossari without a head. "You're going to do what I say, or else you're going to make a certain Asari very unhappy,"

"Fuck yo-" A bolt of pain shot through his jaw, his vision growing blurry as he was thrown back onto the ground.

"What was that, you little piece of shit?" The gun back up against his face now, the man's scarred face showing only annoyance as he jammed the barrel against his forehead, "...you know, you seem like the sort who'd fuck with Aria. You've got that sorta..."

Despite gun barrel taking up most of his view, Yossari was still able to keep at least a partial on eye on Tarkus. Unfortunately, the Turian wasn't in much better shape...the mercenary's cronies were holding the old man up. He wouldn't be coming to rescue, and not to mention the rest of their little gang were well out of earshot.

"...that sorta...blah, screw it, you look goddamn stupid alright? You look goddamn stupid," By this point, Yossari could almost feel the heat of the barrel. Even still, that didn't keep him from making one more stupid little quip.

"Looks like that makes tw-" He didn't get a chance to finish that, as once again the pistol struck him...this time the young man getting knocked cold. Rising to his feet, taking a moment to spit on the unconscious Yossari's face, the mercenary looked towards the others. "Get Anto on the comms, I think we've found our men,"

--

It was near midnight by the time the three managed to reach their destination, near the outer area of the slums. Their transport hovered nearby, both human and turian out cold in trunk. They'd sent Anto the message, telling him about their find and where to meet. Here was to hoping he'd show up soon.

Back
Top Bottom