Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Renaissance Encounter

I had known that at some point we were going to seperate, and the time of that was going to be sooner than later. I was a bit afraid to meet your gaze, afraid that a stronger connection would build between us and that I would no longer be able to say 'no' to you.

A small laugh soon passes from my lips as I hear you hardly remember anything of my friend. As I listen to your further statements, the smile still remains on my lips as I speak my response.

"I can call my friend and say I'll just take a taxi or something..." I once again met with your gaze. Already finding it hard to disagree with what you say.

"Well the restaurant does sound nice..." I continue, not breaking my gaze this time as I spoke out. Though as I heard the later part of your statement, the blush had deepened on my cheeks. Giving a simple nod afterwards, both remembering and agreeing to go there.

Your soft hand connected with mine, and you stood. Our fingers naturally interlocked, like we'd been a couple for ages, and we headed for the door after I'd made sure I had the plastic card key.

I slowed by the door, and I turned to you, looking quiet serious.

"Michelle, thank you for accepting my invitation last night. You have given me the most amazing experience of my life. I'm simply in awe. And so... thank you."

Our eyes closed, our lips parted slightly, and we exchanged a simple yet passionate kiss before stepping into the hallway.

There was more on my heart to say, but I held back... for now.

I stopped short as I saw you turn, my gaze soon returning to your own as I listened to your words. I simply shook my head and gave a small laugh, after you spoke. "Heh...you're welcome. I guess I should say thank you as well, for a nice night."

I watched as you leaned towards me, my eyes sliding closed and soon enough feeling your lips press to mine for a kiss. Once you had pulled back, my eyes slid back open and I had followed behind you as you led us out from your room and down the hall towards the elevator.

Once we reached the elevator, I reached my hand forward and pressed the "DOWN" arrow, and then stepped into the elevator with you as we had headed back down and towards the same restaurant where we had met just the night before.

The elevator door closed, and my arm went around your waist, gently drawing you near. As far as I was concerned, we were a couple, at least in this place, at this time, and I was glad for everyone to know.

We walked to the entrance to the restaurant and waited to be seated. It seemed like a lifetime ago that I had first spotted you... just a few hours ago.

I asked the hostess if we could have the table in the northeast corner... at the place where I had been seated the night before. She nodded and led us there.

As I held out the chair for you to sit, there was so much on my heart to say. And yet I held back; I was certain the words would make you uncomfortable.

I had followed your lead after we had stepped from the elevator and back towards the restaurant. As I listened to your request to the waitress, I tilted my head a bit in confusion...until I saw the table she was soon leading us to, and recognized it as the one you were sitting at the night beforehand.

My lips curved into a small smile, and I let out a slight laugh as I saw you hold out the chair for me. I obliged the action by coming around and sitting into the chair, feeling as you soon pushed me in as well.

"This is a very nice restaurant, isn't it...?" I spoke out to you, as you had soon enough taken the seat across from me. My gaze had began to wander around the restaurant for a few short moments, before my gaze had moved back to meet with your own.

A smile had spread across my face as I watched you scan the room, taking it all it. Soon you found the table where you had sat the previous evening with your friend.

When your eyes came back to mine, you found me looking at you intently.

A thousand thoughts crashed in my mind. These past... twelve hours, or so, had been perfect. Never had I had any fantasy that had played out this... wonderfully.

"Michelle..." I began hesitantly. "I have no idea how we got here, really. I just spotted you last night... and knew... that I wanted to be near you."

A blush spread across my cheeks.

"And now that we're here... after perhaps the most wonderful evning of my life... I have no idea what the road ahead will hold."

I looked down at the table for a moment, trying to gather my courage.

"I just want you... need you... to know... that you're really captured my heart."

I breathed in deep.

"Michelle... I lo...." The word froze in my throat; I felt it, but didn't know how you would respond. "I've really come to care very deeply about you."

My hand reached across the table to hold yours. I continued softly.

"I don't want to lose you. I don't want you to... slip away..."

"Hm...?" I tilted my head slightly, my gaze having met with yours as I heard you speak. "Things did move rather quickly, didn't they?" I responded after your first statement.

As I continued to listen, I folded my arms and placed them on top of the table. A small smile was still formed on my lips, continuing to listen to what you had to say.

Soon you had reached your hand across, and I dropped my gaze, both feeling and seeing the small squeeze you gave to my hand. I had taken in a deep breath myself, then let it out slowly. My gaze lifting back up to meet with yours.

"Well..." I took a moment, trying to find the right words to respond to you in. "...the best I can tell you is that we should enjoy what little time we do have together. Eventually I'll return to my life, and you to yours. Though for now, we can enjoy each other's company."

I continued to smile, giving a small squeeze of my hand that had now held with yours.

Enjoy each other's company. Your words would echo in my mind for a long time.

"I would like that... a lot," I confessed. With you I feel safe, warm, comfortable... contented.

And then I added, "Michelle, I enjoy your company immensely.

We were interrupted by a twenty-something waitress whose nametag read "Anne." "Have you folks had a chance to look at the menu yet? Or do you want the breakfast buffet?"

I looked to you, to allow you to answer first. I would end up ordering an english muffin sandwich and a glass of orange juice. My hand was still touching yours.

After Anne left with our order, my gaze was serious. I wasn't ready for this moment, this time with you to evaporate.

"Michelle, what would be your desire for today? If you don't need to leave right away, we could go see some of the sites of the city... or shopping... or just walk the streets of downtown... or... anything..."

I looked intently at your lovely face, as though I was attempting to memorize each feature, each freckle, the shape of your mouth, the flow of your hair, the slight slant of your eyes, the exact color of your iris.

Back
Top Bottom