Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forget me Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewhiterabbit

Supernova
Anabel Powers, Ann to her friends was an actress small time but making an honest living. Everything was going her way until she met a smart mouth teenager. The girl would not take no for an answer when it came to a romantic relationship. Not that she fought very hard or for very long. She was not to happy when her lover joined the army in a time of crisis. Still she had do for moths until her lover was declared missing in action assumed KIA. She wore herself ragged watching every news cast for any hint. three long years she held out hope until even hope was running on short supply.

Ann was a tall women with auburn hair and piercing brown eyes with a body that men and women go to war for. She usually wore just a sweater in pastel and a pair of blue jeans with white kicks. "I swear i can't take it anymore i mean i know she is dead but it still feels wrong" She was again with someone. She held out for a long time but they had only been together a few years. So when she got the news she was unsure if it was true. "You have to see her make a clean break or start over" She looked into her friends eye hell far more then friends slowly she mustered her strength.

It was hard to look at her five years of perfect memories all to see this it was heart breaking. "Oh i see well she, well i don't know how to tell you but she is a blank" It hurt a pain that spread through her chest. It had been hard enough to let go but to be removed from even her memories it was too much. Ann Grasped her lovers hand kissing the back of it. "So what do you remember" She asked she could see the pain on her face. Her friend stood out in the hall though that was hardly needed. She looked into her eye it was hard after all this time to be so close and yet so far. "Take you're time i wont be going anywhere"

Lara slowly opened her eyes, there was a sound of spinning blades all around her. Trying to move her body was futile everything hurt. There was a man, a single man there with her, she did not recognized him apart from the obvious medic sign on his helm. Fear went through her eyes as she saw a needle, then the pain of it entering her neck then nothing but darkness. She slept for quite awhile the medics doing everything possible to cure her wounds. Three bullet wounds to her body and a very hard hit to her head was all that she needed, she was left near US land left for dead.

Lara opened her eyes once more, her eyes scanned the place. There was nobody there aside from the beeping machine letting her know she was still alive. Her entire body hurt, she did not knew what was going on much less who she was. Not having any memories was something that made her afraid, really afraid. However when a woman came and began kissing her hand she knew this woman somehow knew Lara. “W…Who are you?... w…who am I?” Lara looked confused, she was bandaged up everywhere. Both of her legs were bandaged up as well as one arm, her ribs had bandage around them as well.

The doctor came in and began checking Lara out, asking question after question which was answered by “I don’t know…”. The doctor had the insignia of the US ARMY on his coat, taking an deep breath he shook his head and looked over at Ann, “Are you here to claim her? You were the only person on her emergency list miss Anabele”. He looked at his char and pointed out the door, “Let’s go talk?”.

Ann smiled and brushed her fingers over her lover cheek it felt good, normal to do that. She turned her head to the doctor and nodded her approval. Her lover did not have a loving supportive family who would run to her rescue. The empty room was proof enough of that though perhaps they did not yet know. "We were, are involved" It was clear he did not know what type of relationship the two woman shared. It caused her actual pain to see someone she cared about in that sort of condition. She yearned to comport to hold her and let her spill everything about her pain. "Doctor about the wounds i did not get a lot of news about what happened"

She let a cigarette play over her lips she was five years a non smoker and it was only now bothering her. The doctor was a handsome man in his forties with a kind face. She smiled back at him wondering what he would ask her. "Her name is Lara Lara small" She offered before he could ask her. The cigarette bobbed up and down between her lips as she waited. She waved to her lover in the next room before the doctor closed the door. She did not know what to do how much to tell her lover or how fast. She heard people changed after things like this , changed overnight. She might not be in love with her anymore or not even gay.

The doctor nodded and looked through some papers, “A couple of years ago we got word that her convoy was hit by a rocket. Normally a hit like that meant that nobody ever survived, we sent teams to look for her but she never turned up. We decided that she must had been killed in combat and declared her KIA. However two days ago we got word of a body of a young woman on the desert, she was dehydrated and with obvious sign of torture. You see, she carried valuable information her mission was to take that information to another camp.

Looks like they captured her and tortured her for information. They tortured her for three years, normally they would just kill the victim however we still have no idea what happened. The Amnesia was caused by a hit to the back of her head, if I must guess I would tell you that was the last thing that she experience before waking up in here. Now she is pretty beat up and her memory is gone, she was hit in an area where memories are stored so right now it would be very hard for her to remember anything. She was released from the Army with honors however we are giving you full authority over her money since she is in no shape to do anything. Questions?”

Her chest felt tight as if some large wrestler was sitting on it. She sat down in a chair next to the door. "Can she you know feed, dress, bath herself" She asked having no idea how bad the damage was. It was clear her body would not be the same one she remembered so well. It was hard to even think of her as the same person that left five years ago. She sat for a long time could she handle this she was going to have to be something like a mother, friend, guardian. "I will sign any papers you need to get her checked out"

She brushed past the man again taking Lara's hand and pressing it to her face. She was already crying to think of her unknown betrayal of the one she cared about the most. While she was home her love was in the hands of monsters. Had she called out for her, was the would new or old would she ever recover. "Its me Ann you know an" She kissed her hand again yearning to do more. She held her hand as the doctor got the nurse to handle the paper work. She did not want to care for her, her entire life but she could not leave her alone.

He shook his head, "Of course she will know that, those kind of memories are stored in another place of the brain, thankfully the hit did not reached there". He showed her a scan of her brain before and after the hit and the difference was clear. He shook his head as she told her about getting Lara out of here but once he was ready to speak she was out to the room again. Walking back to the room he knelt besides Ann and whispered, "I cannot let you take her, she needs medical treatment. She has broken bones and fractures all over the places not to mention her head". He bowed his head a bit and left the two of them alone.

Lara groaned and shook her head, "I am sorry... I just don't know you". She sighed and looked at her body, "Your name is An? then who am I?". She was clearly confused as to all the names going around, "Why can't I remember anything?". She moved her hand to her bandaged head and whimpered once she touched the hit side of her face, "I...It hurts...". Groaning she looked at the doctor bringing the papers that gave Ana ownership over Lara's accounts and the reason why.

Ann signed the papers she was not thinking clearly at the moment. "I can take care of her i can hire a nurse or work from home" She knew she had to be stable or they would not have let her have company. She looked up at the doctor pleadingly. She kissed her lover on the head and looked deeply into her eyes. "Lara and its a beautiful name" She ran her fingers through her hair damn military style. At least it had grown out a little more to her normal length.

"I don't know how to say this but we were, or are lovers" She did not know how much she would be able to do she looked awful. "But if i have to i will come every day i promise" The doctor read the paperwork and nodded. She knew if she had not lost her memory she would have jumped out of the bed and to do something anything. Or pulled her into the bed and well best not to think about those type of things. "When can she leave" Ann asked it was hard to think seeing her love in so much pain.

Lara shook her head not really sure what to make of this woman, if they were lovers that meant that Lara was a lesbian. Groaning Lara closed her eyes and sighed, "I am not sure what to think, everything is so confusing to me. I just want to rest" shaking her head she closed her eyes and yawned, her body was very tired and she had signs of sunburn all over her body. A couple of seconds later she was off to a deep sleep thanks mostly to the medicine.

The doctor shook her head, "Give her a month before I can clear her out. She will still have rehabilitation to go through since she would need to learn to do a lot of stuff. Before that under orders I cannot allow her to leave" he sighed looking at the time. "You should go get something to eat, the nurses will come now to bathe her. There is a cafeteria at the bottom of the hospital".

[if you wanna skip one month to when she can leave go right ahead if not we can rp the month]

A week latter she came back again for the third time she just could not get away every day. She brought another flower arrangement from there favorite florist. She placed the flowers next to the others from her fellow soldiers. She takes the cards out over to her love to read them as she does every time she comes. "Are you feeling any better" Ann asks Lara placing her hand over the other woman's. She has not seen or heard from her friend in a week.

Of course she has had no time to think about anything but Lara and work. "The doctor says you may be able to leave a few days early" She places a key on the table next to her a funny dog hangs off it. "You can stay at my place i have the spar room ready for you when you leave" Its hard to know what she is thinking there visits are far to brief. "I love you" She tells her love for the hundredth time since she learned that's he was in fact still alive.

(not the entire month maybe a week at a time unless you want to)

During the week she was subject to a lot of testing and drugs, most of them kept the pain in check. Not reacting each time a flower vase is brought she just shakes her head and continues watching tv. The only thing that has kept her entertained was the tv, otherwise she would be committing suicide just about now. The door opened and then came Ana, the only person that has been there to visit Lara which was starting to believe that the woman was in fact her lover.

"Ummm ok thank you" she smiled as the woman told her that Lara would be staying with her. Truth to the matter was that she did not cared who she stayed with as long as she could rest and perhaps move a bit more. Looking at the tv ignoring the letters brought to her, she had no sentiment whatsoever for these people, she did not knew them. Both of the casket on her legs were taken off but she was warned to not walk too much and give the legs room to become better.

The next week she showed up when ever she could find time which was not often. Flowers were a constant but she also brought her books, crosswords anything to keep her busy. 'They say you can leave a week early an amazing recovery there calling it" She opened a tupper ware contained. It was stuffed shells with shrimp sauce and garlic bread they would not let her bring in the wine. Se ate her own it was not her cooking she could not cook a lick.

"Sorry about that i don't know if you even like the same foods" She took out a book and began to read to her. Not because she could not read on her own but because it gave her something to do other then worry. "You're old squad has been asking about you , but you know its a war they can't leave until its over" She again kissed her on the head one more week and she could come home with her. "Get better soon, that way you can show those doctors who is who"

She looked at the woman yet again come with food, still no memories of this woman. Lara wished with all of her heart that she could remember something, anything about herself or this woman however nothing came to mind. Taking a deep breath she looked out the window and sighed, "Why are you here?, it's been what...five years from what I am told?. Why are you stuck with me instead of going on with your life and continue on. You must have somebody you like besides me, I...I cannot understand why you are wasting time with me when you could be doing so much better on your own".

"I...I have no memory of you, of the girl that comes by whenever she can and visits me. The same girl that reads to me and sends me flowers and food, I cannot repay to you the same love you show me but why...why do you keep doing it?. I know nobody, not even myself which is a very scary thought". She looked down as tears flew down her cheek, she hated being stuck in a room like this even more she hated that a person was stuck with a good for nothing like Lara.

Had she been another person she would have done something different then what she did do. Gone over and shaken her until she understood she meant something. Been clever about it and listed all the good things about her. Or grabbed her and kissed her until she understood that she was loved and needed. "Maybe i want to get back at you, you don't remember this but you came after me, god i did not want to be caught but you would not give up" She looked out the window the truth was always the best.

Not because you got what you wanted always, but because you always felt complete in the end. "Think why a kid would want some no account college dropout like me" Ann smiled the way she sometimes did when she did not think anyone was looking. She kept her eyes off in the distance one did not need to look in order to see. "I thought you were some oversexed punk but i was wrong"

She traced her finger over her lips remembering the first kiss she shared then stood up and wrapped her arms around her lover. "Look the Lara i knew would not let a thing like amnesia get in the way of something she wanted" She held her burning to touch her to kiss he and just be with her. It was hard to be so close and to be so far like dying of thirst surrounded by water.

Lara heard the woman and sighed, the woman looked at how the other girl was acting. Ana apparently did cared a lot about Lara. “I…I am sorry, I was rude. I cannot imagine how it must be for you to see me like this”. She frowned and sighed, “You know… it’s kinda strange. I know you are my lover, I can sort of feel something towards you although I have no idea if that is love or simply a friendly care. I know that you love me however, that you would give anything to be with me and give anything for me to remember you. I…I am sorry I cannot give that love back, I truly are sorry”.

She sighed looking at her, “I got nobody and nowhere to go, I know they gave you my bank accounts and I am fine with that I think. However I really have no idea what to do, I leave myself in your care I guess” she smiled frowning at the woman and taking a deep breath. “Kiss me… perhaps if you kiss me I can remember something about us?. Treat me the same as how you did before I went out to war. Oh! My sergeant came to see me, they are giving me the purple heart as a reward for whatever I did”.

It was an odd request but then again Lara had always been an odd girl since the day she met. Ann ran her fingers through her hair and under her jaw to tilt it up. She was a few inches taller then the woman maybe that's what she first liked about her. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips to her lovers. She was not thinking about work, memories or anything but this moment. It burned but felt like silk the pain of loss mixed with the exultation of finding love again. It was true she had not been alone. But though some had shared her bed none had made it into her heart.

"I have to tell you i was not faithful" She said to her lover after breaking the kiss. Her head tilted down in shame now forced to look her directly in the eyes. "I , i was week i gave up hope after so many years" She felt shame, shame for doubt, and shame for so easily casting aside her new love for an old. Her hands slid down her lovers back to just above the ass "As for taking care of you , i would do that no matter what we are to each other, i am not so shallow as to only love you for the warmth of you're body against mine" Though it made her sound a tad pathetic.

The kiss did nothing for Lara, no sudden memories flashed on her mind or nothing was felt. She placed her finger on her lip and sighed, she felt nothing. Hearing her out made her smile, “I would not expect you to be faithful, I mean it was five years even I would had given up. I don’t blame your or anything after all you had your life to take care. I cannot seem to want to remember what I went through, I was told that I was tortured. They explained to me what they considered torture and I am not sure I want to remember it”.

She looked at the back of her hand, a rather nasty scar was covered by bandages. “They told me I was given a chip that contained some secret that I needed to deliver. However my convoy was attacked and I was knocked out of the truck. After that they have no idea what happened to me, I love my entire life of memories. They told me that they found me nearly dead on the desert”.

Ann placed her hands on her head and kissed her forehead. "What do you want to do now, if you need you have enough money for you're own place" After having a number of roommates she knew how awkward it could be to live with a stranger. She did not want to force anything on her that she did not want. Her thumb moved slowly over the scars on the back of her lovers hand. Some scars you could not see maybe if she dealt with her past. The perhaps her memories would return on there own.

"I will be there for you but i need to know do you want to try again" She asked. It was too much to ask to leave it unsaid. To hold hope where none should exist to be left a bleeding wound. She flipped the and and kissed the palm. "I will be anything you need a friend, a confident, a lover a guardian" She wanted so badly just to turn back time but that was a childish thought. It was also selfish to think only of herself of her own pain and fears.

She shook her head, "Even if I was going to go alone I would have no idea what to do since I barely remember how to cook. I honestly want for me to remember however my memory clearly will not go back anytime soon. How about we start as friends and work out way from there?" she looked at her friend and blushed not really wanting to be just that however she would have to grow feelings back for this woman. "I.... I am sorry, I have no idea how this must look for you. I know you are suffering even more than what I am, but please just bear with me I am sure my memories will come back sooner or later".

She smiled trying her best to keep her calm, "I know this is going to sound weird, but tell me about myself". She giggled and gently kissed the woman's hand. Taking an deep breath she looked at her and nodded, "Tell you what, surprise me. In a short while I can go home, why don't you make the first day back special? perhaps I can remember something if we do crazy stuff".

A shiver shot down Ann’s spine as she felt her lover take her hand in a manner that was more then pleasant. Her mind blanked for a second as the sensation of lips on skin brought back a hundred memories. “Me yes well I grew up in Texas, my family has always been big in the beef business” She went on about going to college her second only real boyfriend and there engagement. About her parents plans for her future and how that all fell apart when she met Lara. He family were very traditional and currently had almost no contact with her. “So you and my brother are all I really have left” She laced there fingers bringing the back of Lara’s hand to he face. She went on about her love of folk art and the way she hated any winter sport. After a while she decided to talk about the present.
“We have a dog, a boxer called chuck, and a potted plant named salad” She smiled describing the apartment that they lived in. Her job as an actress manly low budget films and commercials. She had no idea what Lara would think of as crazy, fun Lara they called her. She came up with a few ideas but they were either dangerous, expensive or illegal. “I have this list of movie spots you know where famous movie scenes were filmed” She smiled wondering if that would be crazy enough. “Well once my sorority sisters played this version of truth or dare, every one places a card one side truth on side dare and then you mix them up and pick one” It was a childish game but they had a lot of fun. It had been a lot of fun, being drunk and stoned had not hurt loosening up dome of the more reserved sisters.

Lara did not seem to react as the woman told her more and more about the place she would call home. "Mmm okay" to her none of it made any sense or even made her remember memories. By now the only thing she had with her was the casket on her arm and nothing more. "You know.... I honestly don't have any idea if I would like or not like any of those stuff. Anyways I cannot wait to get out of this room, the doctor told me that most likely today I would leave this place".

Slowly she stood up, her legs still a bit weak because of the lack of use. Once she got her footing she walked over to the bathroom and used it for a couple of minutes before coming back just as the doctor arrived. "Are you ready to leave? I think you are well enough to recover in your home. If you need me for anything you know where to find me". Lara nodded and hugged the doctor, "Thank you for saving my life doc, I owe you one even though I have no idea how I should repay you". She looked at the papers and gave them to Ana so she would sign them since she had control over her stuff for now.

The ride to Ann’s apartment was rather silent it was hard to talk when only one person had any memories. They tried to talk about music, cloths and chocolate but none of it seemed to matter. Ann helped Lara as best as she was able but the apartment was old not really up to modern code. She liked it that way exposed brick walls and wood centuries old. There was even scorching from a fire that took out most of the block but spared her own home. “This was you're room, before we began to share one” It had a lot of military paraphernalia. As well as pictures of her family and friends. Ann took out any pictures of them as a couple she did not want to force the issue.

“I don't really know what to do to jog you're memory” She sat down at the kitchen table. It was really hard on her to see Lara but know that she had become a stranger in her eyes. She leaned back she just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. She wanted to get back to her real life. “Maybe we should just get some sleep” She smiled trying to put up a brave front. She felt weak all the time now as if she barley had the strength to draw another breath. It felt like there was a constant weight pressing down on her chest. “You get some rest sexy ill be in my room if you need me” With that she turned and left Lara. She would have everything she need the room was them same as it had been so many years ago, she had always planned to clean in and put it to another use.

Lara shook her head, right now she just needed to become better and that could only be achieved with time. She looked around her room and sighed, Lara wished she could remember anything, not for herself but for Ana. “I…I am sorry, I really want to remember but my brain is blank right now. All this is new to me, I know you love me and it kills me that I cannot answer back that love”. She saw the woman leave for her room, for now Lara thought it would be best to not bother her.

She walked over to the window and opened it, the smell of the outside was good and I filled her with hope that everything would be okay. There was a sure way she would remember, at least the negative things, not take the dreaming pills and have nightmares. She was afraid, afraid of what she went through. Taking an deep breath she closed the window and walked to the bed quickly falling asleep.

Anna stripped down to panties and slid a nightgown over her body. It was sheer white plain nightgown that would not have looked out of place a hundred years ago. She slipped between the covers and pulled her book from the nightstand. After an hour of A Christmas to Remember she fell asleep. Without another warm body she began to toss and turn. She had just become so accustomed to another body. Suddenly she heard yelling then crying. First she left to turn off the TV or ask Lara to turn it down but she quickly recognized Lara's voice.

Anna knocked on the door and waited a few minutes before opening the unlocked door. She could see Lara rolling around it was clear that she was having a nightmare. She wrapped her arms around her not wanting to wake her. After a few minutes she could see the eyelids flutter and then two perfect eyes. Even after all the crying she looked so perfect in her eyes. "You are safe now" She did not ask knowing that she would only share if she wanted to. She did not move to touch her only held her against the warmth of her body.

Lara woke up, sweat all over her body and she began looking around her body for scars. She dropped her head down on the pillow as she panted and her breathing became normal. "I...I am alright now...." she slowly got off the bed and sighed, "I cannot even remember my dream correctly, weird huh?". She stood up and walked to the bathroom and splashed some water on her face. Taking a deep breath she sat back on the bed and looked at her, "Go to sleep you must be tired, I will be fine".

[Let me know if you want her to recover her memories]

(maybe some flash back)

Anna stroked her hair and kissed her head before getting her some warm milk. "I know the whole mom thing, but it always made me feel better" Slowly she left the room and began to walk back towards her ow. There were no more attacks that night. Anna woke up early and left for work leaving Lara with a meal ready to cook. She was not treating her like a little kid. The old Lara had a bad habit of eating what ever was at hand instead of cooking. All day long she would check her messages for a call and sigh. "Must be hard" Anna spun around to see her boss a slightly older woman with great fashion sense. "Yeah but you cant rush these things" Her boss left Anna to keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom