Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dream Sharing ~{For Raeona and Forever}~

The shock she felt, was clear to him, and he had to avert his eyes. He gazed down to his side, unable to meet her eyes, for more then seconds. His eyes closed lightly, as his hand moved towards his heart, rather then where it was sore, his fingers pressing against the left side of his chest, as his lips ticked at a painful frown. But he contained it. He contained his sorrow. His anger. But that wasn't the worst to contain. The love that still flourished and beat for Aria, was the hardest thing to ignore. But how could he ever gaze in her eyes again? How could he ever redeem, what he'd done? Redeem the murder and slaughter, of innocent men and women, who just fought for a better tomorrow. The better day, that he'd always thought he was trying to reach. No. He couldn't look into her eyes, and live with what he was now. A pathetic puppet. He had to redeem himself. He had to find more proof. And should he find this. He would ensure, the truth was revealed, to the rest of his army. Kenneth. Clementine. Arkon. All names of decent men and women, who believed they fought for the right side. Could their truth, truly be a lie?

And as she asked him why, he pinched his eyes, and shook his head a few times, turning lightly to the side, to not face her. "Yes.. I need to see this, for myself. I need to find proof, that I can hold in my hand. And.. If I find this. I.. I have to redeem what I've done. And i would do so, by breaking the King's reputation, and wrestle the bulk of his forces, off his hands."

Aria hesitated before slowly nodding her head, frowning a bit as she looked to the ground. Sighing, she felt her heart sink a bit before she hugged her arms around herself. "O-Okay... Follow me"She said softly as she walked out and wandered through the camp, her eyes remaining at the ground as she did so. She didn't want him to leave her, but there wasn't much she could do about it anyways.

Once they got to the tent, she stepped back and stared at the ground "There... He's just inside. He'll be kind, and I'm sure he'll allow you to be free so long as you give him something that could help us" She said softly before she turned her back on him and sighed softly. "I'm sorry..." She said softly, finding it upsetting that just a few hours ago they'd been happy, and now they weren't.

Her absence of protest, caused a sigh of relief roll through his mind, but not portray upon his lips. But inside, he wanted her to stop him. He didn't want to go. He didn't want to confront his King. He didn't wish to look into the man he once looked up to's eyes. And find it all to be a lie. But he had to. He had to find the answers, that he couldn't find. He had, to take that confrontation, to ever be able to live with himself. To ever look at himself in a mirror again. To ever. Gaze into her eyes again. He wasn't even sure, he'd ever be able to do that again. It all seemed so wrong. So unfair. This wasn't what he'd wanted. He wanted them to meet, and smile together. Not barely be able to look at one another.

And as she said it, he gazed back to her, and followed her closely. He gazed forward, with an empty expression, completely ignoring any outside eyes. Any staring. And there might have been a lot of it. He was a well known name, just as his families was. They all knew he was a Harding. The shield barers of their King. They'd always been. That was probably why, he saw them a a thread. Because they might have been able to see through his lies and deceit. But Archibald didn't. The blind child, of a proud family. He was a disgrace to their name.

And as they reached the tent, he nodded a single time, before preparing to enter the tent. Then as she apologized, freezing where he stood, without gazing back at her. He instead averted his eyes to the ground. "Do not be sorry. -You- haven't done anything wrong.." He put pressure on the word 'you', hoping she'd understand, that he wasn't mad at her, but himself. "My love." He ended his sentence, with those two words, barely a whisper past his teeth, and would only just be edible for Aria. And he then entered the tent, gazing to the Commander's eyes, standing strong, but far from proud, but no longer winching in pain.
"I wish to cooperate.." He stated first, his emerald eyes, gazing to the Commanders, with an emotionless expression.

Aria had paused at his words, frowning a bit. She knew that he felt bad, pegged himself as being at fault. She thought otherwise, the king was doing so on purpose, it wasn't his fault that he believed the man. Sighing once he stepped into the tent, she went back to her tent and spent the next little while simply sitting there on her bedroll, staring at the cloth of her tent.

Soon, she heard talk about someone being freed and she got to her feet, hurrying out and seeing people all gathering at the front of the camp. He was granted the freedom he wanted, which meant, there was a high chance she wouldn't see him again.

Taking a deep breath, she began to walk to where people were gathering to watch him leave. Her heart sunk a bit as she got closer and pushed her way to the front of the group.

As she left, the negotiations went on the way. His terms, where simple. He wanted no more bloodshed, between both sides, until he'd found the proof he wanted. He was greeted warmly, and greatly respected, Aria's Commander knowing the Harding family well. During the negotiations, Archibald had shown no signs of weakness, and had explained a few things, about the army. None of them knew, what they where fighting for. None, worth mentioning, at least. He'd spoken highly of Aria, and had suggested a plan, that involved her. He would sent the bulk of his King's army, off to a small ravine, within which they could imprison them in rock and boulders, keeping them inside the small ravine. And here, he wanted Aria and Kent, to explain what had been explained to him. Not everyone would believe it, but they would have no choice, but to lay down their arms, and surrender. This bit of the army, would contain a few of Archibald's closest friends, and he didn't want them harmed. With this plan, both Archibald and Aria's Commander achieved something. But he also had to give something, to allow his release. And to that, he offered the greatest of prices, with only one condition. Not to tell Aria. So she would have no mention of it. But he would risk his life and name, and try to infiltrate the King's quarters, and find the proof he needed. This, he would spill to the King's forces, and civilians. This would create great disorder, and he hoped they would shun him for this. But in doing so, he also created a mark upon his head. Therefor, no word to Aria.

As the crowd was gathering, Archibald was offered some provisions, and a feeble sword, to protect himself against any wildlife he would meet upon his travels. Aria would also see, several new meager wounds, over Archibald's body. Scars and cuts, that could resemble torture. As soon as she would ask the Commander, he would let her know, that it had been Archibald's own idea. That he wanted proof, of what had happened. That he'd been tortured for secrets. He would lie, and tell the King, that he had their army prepare inside the ravine, and that he could strike them there. Which would be the word, that lead the army to this place.

As Aria arrived, Archibald's gaze, turned towards her, no emotions showing across it, until it met her eyes. He then frowned lightly, the crowd around them being silent. His lips then curved, as he began a silent whistling. The crowd would raise brows in confusion, but she would know the sound. It was a melody he'd always whistled, when she came into their dream, with sorrow or a heavy heart. It was a tune, he'd used to calm her, countless times before. And with that melody still whistling, he turned his back on her and the crowd, traveling towards the exit. Towards his 'home'. Possibly, towards his death.

Aria instantly noticed the new wounds and frowned. Surely there was a reason for that, the commander wouldn't have hurt him for information. Before she could think any more on the matter however, she saw his eyes meet hers and she stood in place, staring at him in longing. She wanted to be with him so badly, she wanted him to stay. What if he never returned? So many questions ran through her mind, making her chest ache with all the horrible things that came to mind.

That's when she saw his lips move, and heard the sweet sound go through the air towards her ears. She felt her heart jump a bit in surprise, recognizing it instantly. She closed her eyes, listening to it carefully and letting it relax her a little bit. It was nice to have him do that for her, it made her feel like there was hope for them to be happy together, at least one day.

As he left, she went to the commander, asking about the wounds. He'd simply smiled, and explained to her about his worries on not being believed if he returned with no injuries. Aria didn't like it, but she nodded, knowing it was probably a good idea. She sighed a bit, and took her leave, heading to her tent once more.

The seconds he saw Aria relax, was more then enough to cause some warmth, to find his freezing heart, and he sighed lightly, past the whistling. It didn't only calm her, after all. It didn't calm his beating heart, but it gave it warmth. Gave it hope. Reminded it, that pain and torment, was always, no mater what, only temporary. Weather released by death, or hope. It was always temporary.

Days went by, where Archibald didn't sleep. He wanted, desperately, to see her. But he couldn't speak with her. He couldn't look her in the eyes. He could no longer respect, the man he was. How could he expect her to? So he walked, days without sleep, until finally reaching the gates of his 'home'. Welcomed like a returned Hero by the army, and the people. Welcomed with doubt and questions, by his King. He explained what had happened, and the king believed him. Cocky, due to his ability to corrupt and manipulate. It hadn't failed him so far, and he didn't expect it ever would. And Archibald was returned to his quarters, and allowed rest, whilst the army prepared. It would take something around four more days, before the army would have left, and would arrive in the ravine.

And now, several days, after he'd left her Kingdom. He lay himself to sleep. A little earlier, then when they usually did. They used to coordinate their sleep, so they'd go to bed, at the same time. So he knew, it wouldn't be long, before she would be to sleep as well. But he had to sleep. Gather his strength. Before trying to find the proof he needed, in the morning.

The dream was no longer, a perfect paradise. Everything had darkened. The tree on the cliff, had withered away. The fields, was dead. And the sun, was red, rather then bright yellow. And midst the darkness, Archibald sat, with his knees in his arms, his chin rested upon his knees, as he gazed over the fields. The air was filled with the tune, of his silent whistle, but his lips didn't move. It was not him, whistling. But the wind. Proof, that he did want to calm his mind. But wasn't able to. Sorrow just kept eating at him.

Days went by and whenever she entered the dream, it got a little darker. Soon, when she entered it was so dark and spooky that she almost considered it a borderline nightmare, especially since he hadn't been there through any of it. Taking a deep breath, she lay down the one night, finally having a mission coming up. She heard about the plan, and was glad that it had been thought of. Still, she yearned to see him, and as of yet, it seemed as if he were avoiding her.

Tonight however, she drifted to sleep and heard something new. His song was on the wind, making her heart leap in excitement. He was here! She looked around to finally see him alone. She rushed over, her excitement almost pushing through the horrible gap between them. "Y-You're okay.' She said, having feared he'd died and that was why her dreams had been empty and alone.

"I... I thought something had happened to you" She said softly as she came to stand slightly behind him, her eyes drifting to the side nervously.

As her voice rang through the dream, his heart relaxed lightly, but his expression remained emotionless, and empty. His love and care for her, hadn't faded. It was his respect in himself, that was broken. He had no image of himself, in no other situation, then that of murder. For everything he had done, bound to the will of a tyrant. And as she approached, the whistling tone, grew lightly stronger, before it started slowly fading. His mind didn't need it anymore. She was there now. her presence gave him, what the tune had done.

As she spoke, Archibald remained still, only tilting a bit back and forth. As if a child, sad he couldn't find his favorite toy, and had gotten over his cries. Now just sitting, silent. No idea, what to do with himself. He didn't nod, or made any other expression to her words, but let his lips part, speaking muffled against his arm.
"Alive.. Yes." He agreed to that fact, but not the fact, that he was 'okay'. He felt far from it. He felt disgusting. Stupid. He knew self petty, wouldn't change anything. The only thing that could, was to make a difference. And he would begin doing so, as soon as he woke. When in the dream. There was nothing but his murmuring darkness.
"Did your Commander, explain the plans?" He questioned, still just staring over the fields, with empty eyes.

Aria frowned as she saw him, the usual light that was in his eyes was completely gone. Leaving something like an empty shell in his place. With a soft sigh, she looked away and nodded "Yes, the plan was explained to me." She said softly, running a hand through her hair as she looked out at the sky. It wasn't as beautiful as it was supposed to be, but at this moment... She could care less. All she wanted, was to help him feel better.

Biting her lip, she moved to sit before him, getting int he way of his sight. His eyes were empty, and to be honest, it scared her. Hesitantly, she reached out and took his hand. "You need to calm down." She said softly, tilting her head to the side a bit. "It's not your fault, you have to understand that. There's always forgiveness, and those people you've hurt, if they knew what was happening, I'm sure they would forgive you" She said softly, trying to reassure him.

Looking down, she took a deep breath and sighed softly. "It... It scares me to see you like this" She said softly, her throat tightening up as she nearby began to cry again. She held it back as best she could and avoided looking to him so he wouldn't be able to see her tears forming in her eyes.

Nothing was as bright, beautiful and idolic as it used to be. As it was supposed to be. Because he wasn't the warm person, he'd always been. At this time, there was next to nothing left of the man, he'd used to be. The only thing that remained, was a beating, hopeful heart, hoping he'd be able to forgive himself, and fall in her arms again. That he'd be able, to let her in, and see the pain and suffering, he'd hidden away. And only been able to hide away, because he thought he was doing the right things. Now that he knew, or at least thought he knew, that he'd been wrong, all along. He was nothing.

As she sat down in front of him, his eyes just kept staring, the way they had been, before she sat down. And as she reached for his hand, she grasped a limp and lifeless hand, that didn't try to move away, nor did it try to hold hers. As she spoke, his gaze just stayed the same, before he exhaled in a heavy sigh.
"But they can't forgive me.. Their dead." He stated, shortly, his empty eyes, gazing back to her's. He frowned lightly, some emotion ereupting in his face, but not a good one, before his face was hidden against his knees.

As she said it scared her, his body gave a twitch, before going still, and silent for a short moment, before his cold fingers, slowly started wrapping around her's, and his eyes slowly rose to meet her's again. "Your not alone in that." He whispered lightly, as a new sound arouse around them. Now the chanting of steel, like swords hitting swords, started silently playing through their dream. "I.. Can't control the dream anymore. I can't. Make it bright. Warm. Pleasant. As I used to. I'm not. Me. I can no longer see, how I could ever be. The man I thought I was. Was a fool. Now I just.. Don't know anymore."

Aria jumped a bit when she heard the sudden sounds of metal on metal. She frowned and looked back to him. "Even if they're dead, they can still forgive" She said softly, pushing passed the pain she was feeling to lightly touch his cheek. "You have to forgive yourself. I believe everything happens for a reason, I want you to as well. Think about it, if I'm right, and your king is evil, you have an excellent spot to damage their strength from the inside." She said softly. "Maybe, you were meant to be tricked so you could free this world." She said before shaking her head, not wanting to touch on such a bad subject for too long.

The dream was changing to fit his mind, the metal clashing getting louder. Frowning, she put her other hand on his other cheek so she was holding his face in her hands. "Let me take the dream over" She said softly, leaning forward and pressing her forehead against his. Closing her eyes, she did her best to expel every negative thought from her mind and project it into their dream world. When she opened her eyes again, everything had changed into one giant, endless field of bright wildflowers. It wasn't nearly as elegant as some things she'd come up with, but she didn't need elegant, she just needed him to see light.

At her first words, he just closed his eyes, and shook his head lightly. "Doesn't mend my mind." He murmured, before her head lead his face from his knees, his eyes focusing on her's again, as she spoke. His frown remained, as she explained what she felt, his eyes averting down again, unable to look her in the eyes. She might be right. But didn't mean, he had to like it.
"If.. So. Then fate is cruel. Destiny, ruthless. If this was truly a greater plan. Then. I wish I'd never been a part of it. Wish, I'd been born into another family. Or never even born." He frowned heavily, his eyes dropping again. "This.. Is killing me. Aria." He whispered.

Then as her other hand, grazed his cheek, he gazed lightly up again, listening. He nodded a single time, closing his eyes, to force his mind to relax. He'd always been, subconsiously, a bit better at controlling the dream. Possibly due to the fact, that he'd never really worn a frown in this world, and had always been the one, to calm her. It had always been a place for them to enjoy. He'd always seen to that. But now. As his mind was darkened, by sorrow he couldn't hide. A deep melancholy, that poisoned the dream. But he managed to calm himself, and let her take over the dream.

And as she did, and he opened his eyes again, he groaned softly, pinching his eyes almost shut, as he rose up an arm. He made the light dim lightly, having caused pain to his eyes, but he made sure, the light remained. No longer a dark red, due to his heavy mind. And his eyes then returned to her's. "When all this is over.. When.. The Mad King. Has been revealed. And. If peace, might finally fall across the lands. I will leave the Kingdom. I'll walk away, and never look back. I've.. Sacrificed too much of myself, to look it in the eyes anymore." He stated, his eyes a deep frown, as they gazed for her's. "Would.. You.. Come with me?" He questioned, with a hesitant, nervous voice.

She could see how nervous he was, but when his question came out, she smiled softly and nodded "I would love nothing more" She said gently, removing her hands from his face. "You just have to promise me to stay alive. You're in a dangerous place, I'm constantly worried about you" She said, glancing away from him and sitting on the soft grass.

"When we leave, we'll move to the country. Somewhere in nature and away from all the silly politics and the city. It'll be just us" She said, smiling a little at just the thought of such a home. It could be a little cabin, something cozy and warm.

Waiting uncomfortably for her answer, he smiled lightly as it came. It'd been many days, since he'd be able to smile. Ever since the idea of the truth, had been revealed to him, he'd not mastered a smile, only frown's had shined upon his empty expression. When any emotion was evident. As she continue, his smile grew lightly crooked, as his right hand slowly raised, placing it gently upon her cheek, and she would feel the warmth of his skin had returned.
"If that is all I must promise.. To bring you with me, far away from this kingdom. Then I promise you that. I will. Survive. And i will return to you.." He promised, genuine honesty in his voice, as his fingers gently stroked her cheek.

As she continued to lay plans, he chuckled lightly, shaking his head a bit, at the girl he used to know, now arising in her again. The dreamy girl, who was so innocent and pure. "Add in plenty of Butterflies, and a Pony, and you'll have all you've ever wanted, hm?" He questioned, his smile on weakly reaching a grin, at his little tease. But before she could complaint or agree, he leaned his face close to her's, and his hand pulled her closer as well, letting their lips meet, in an affectionate kiss. Something, he didn't wish to break, anytime soon. He sighed softly against her lips, as his other hand rose, to meet her other cheek, caressing her jawline gently, as his eyes closed.

She had been about to reply when he pulled her into a sudden kiss. She blinked in surprise before slowly closing her eyes and relishing the moment. Hearing, and feeling, the breath of his sigh, she smiled and leaned her cheek into his hand. Slowly, she opened her eyes and smiled softly. "We can make it through this, I swear" She whispered, running a hand lightly through his hair.

Slowly, she leaned in and pressed her lips to his again, closing her eyes once more as she slid her hand up into his hair. She'd missed him so much, even though they'd met in the real world. The gap that had been between them had taken a toll on her.

As she broke the kiss to speak, her gently rested his forehead against her's, listening intently to her words, smiling warmly, but still only lightly, as he nodded a few times, thereby also making her nod, due to the connection of their heads. "I know.. I should've trusted you from the start.. But.. It was just too b.." He was interrupted as she lead her lips to his again, and he instead just closed his eyes with a smile, relishing in the taste of her lips, once again. He knew where she was now. The hope, was glimmering again. It had been overshadowed, by the dark imposing figure, of the Mad King. But it was there. She'd found him. Finally, they could meet, in the real world. And he would make damn sure, that the new obstacle would be taken down. He needed her. He needed her taste. He needed, everything she was, to match the fitting piece in his heart.

He sighed softly against her lips, stroking one hand into her hair as well, before he moved it down to her back, and moved his legs down, now hugging her close, as he let himself drop back, landing upon his back, in the sea of flowers, polm and flower leaves dusting up into the air, as the sun grew stronger, and the warmth around them grew, once again. But he didn't move his lips, from her's. His hand stroked up her back, to reach her hair again, as his other hand now stroked down to her back instead, his fingers pushing her against his body, in a firm, affectionate hug.

Aria smiled softly as he went down to lay in the flowers. She went with him, laying over top of him as she felt herself relax. Finally, things almost seemed back to normal, though she knew it wasn't. It was nice to feel his hands on her once more, the few days she'd missed with him having seemed like an eternity. They'd talked every day, all night long, and when she'd missed out on that for a few days, it had been rather horrible.

Shaking the thought away, she smiled and fell deeper into the kiss, taking her hand that wasn't entwined in his hair to rest on his cheek. She felt her heart racing, finally being lifted up from it's downcast position.

The last few days gone by, had been torment in his mind. Locking himself inside the same shell, he'd always kept all his pain and frustration in. But this time, there'd been nothing but pain and frustration. And still, he locked it up, in his impenetrable shell. Hiding himself from his surroundings. And he was bursting. The shell couldn't contain much more, and his eyes where teary each day that passed. His heart felt like it'd been stamped and squeezed, for all this time. His trust betrayed, by the man he though decent. His King. All that remained of him, was the thought of being with her. It was all he had now. Aria, was the one ray of sunlight, left in his dreary night.

As she placed her hand upon his chest, he breathed heavily through his nostrils, sighing in content and relief again, as he hugged her a bit tighter, for a few seconds. But then he smiled a bit wider, before he spun them around. Switching places, he now saw upon his knees, elevated above her body, his hand in her hair, making sure her head didn't bump down on the ground, he placed her head neatly in the flowers bellow her. Then breaking the kiss, he smiled down upon her, with an affectionate gaze. Remaining silent for a while, just relishing the time his emerald eyes spent, gazing into her's. His right hand then moved again, moving to stroke a lock of her hair, out of her face, before resting upon her cheek.
"My hopes.. Hasn't changed. Even with all this.. They remain the same. That my dream, might come true. And I might actually roll in a field of flowers.. With you. To taste your lips. Outside our imaginary world." He whispered, gazing between her lips and her eyes, smiling affectionately. "You remain. The one rose, in my field of weeds. My one hope. Of a better tomorrow."

Aria let out a surprised gasp as they rolled over and she found herself on her back. She gazed up at him, her ice blue eyes looking over his expression curiously. As she heard his words, she couldn't help but blush softly. "Well, then don't let me wilt" She said playfully, leaning up and gently pressing her lips to his before she lay back in the flowers. The smell was enough to calm the rest of her nerves as she simply gazed up at him, glad to see the love back in his eyes.

"So, when we get our little home. What then?" She asked curiously, wondering what he had in mind. She wanted so much from her life, she'd planned so many things she wanted to do when the war was over, and find him had been one. She never did think however, what she would do after

As her eyes gazed back into his, his heart skipped a beat, as he smiled happily. The warmth he felt, could compare to nothing. And her light blush, only helped to warm him. And he laughed lightly with her words, shaking his head a few times, stroking her cheek again, as she leaned up to kiss his lips once more, happily obliging and returning the short, yet affectionate kiss.
"I will work, in utmost haste.. And return to your arms, as soon as possible." He smiled, with a single nod. As she was looking for love, she was finding it. His eyes remained heavy. Dreary with what had happened. Unhappy with his current situation. But the love he felt for her, overdid all other emotions.

At her question, he chuckled lightly, smiling happily, as he let himself drop down upon his side, next to her, hugging her close to him, with a hand around her waist, placed upon her side. "I don't know.. I've never really thought about it. Been too busy wondering, how I'd ever find you, as a first step. Usually take things, step by step." He said, resting his head upon his hand, his elbow against the flowers below him, as his hand stroked to her stomach, his thumb gently caressing it. "Maybe.. Get a small patch of land. A place to grow something. A small house. With a small porch." He suggested, tilting his head a bit from side to side with each suggestion, his eyes pointing down to the flowers between their heads. But as he paused, his eyes returned to her's. "Small porch, for a few little children, to play around on." He said, smiling affectionately.

Aria smiled, listening to all of his ideas. They sounded so perfect, like something from their dreams. She couldn't help but blush even more at the mention of children. "Mm, hopefully from me" She said teasingly, shifting so she was on her side and nuzzling her head into his shoulder. "It sounds almost too good to be true" She said, closing her eyes as she held him close to her, running a hand along his arm, her hands gentle and delicate. "And I'll stay home and take care of them, waiting for you to return so I can welcome you home with a kiss and hug, like a normal couple." She said, giggling softly as she pulled back enough to look up at him.

"Do you really believe we can make that all happen?" She asked, tilting her head to one side curiously. Her black hair shifted with her head, the soft strands cascading over her shoulders. "Do you think such a future is possible?"

At her blush, he chuckled friendly, and even more so at her words, as he moved his hand, to allow her to shift to her side, soon moving his fingers to stroke her beautiful black hair, down from her shoulders. "Only every with you. There could never be, any other." He whispered, with a loving smile. And as she mentioned, how good it all seemed, he had to nod. It did almost sound, too good to be true. And as she giggled, she joined in with a chuckle. "But you'd always have to run faster, then little.. Aya. Who'd leap into my hands, welcoming me home as well. And I would walk to your side, hugging you tightly, and returning the kiss, as Littleee.. Aren. Comes running out, showing off his newest invention." He chuckled lightly, adding more pleasantries to the dream, and a few fast names, as he sighed softly, kissing her head again, as she leaned up, to gaze back at his eyes.

At her question, his smile only dimmed lightly, as he thought it through. With what he was about to do. This dream, was fading to become a meager hope. But she did not need to know this. It was yet a hope. It was still there. And it would never leave his mind. And so, he nodded a single time, smiling. "Yes.. As long as we still breathe, there is still hope for such a future. And I will fight for it. With every fibre, left in my broken being. I will make sure.. I can grant you, such a future.. There is always hope, my love.. Always." He smiled, leaning down to kiss her lips, once again, his hand stroking through her long hair.

Aria smiled at the kids he described, and as she closed her eyes, she could almost picture it. An adorable little girl, pigtails in her hair and a cute little dress. A total daddy's girl. Then the little boy, a smart young one with crazy brown hair. She couldn't help but grin at the vision.

As he answered her question, she nodded slowly and hugged him tightly. "Okay. I'll fight too, as hard as I can" She said softly, pressing up against him slightly as she simply held on, glad to have him there with her.

He smiled, gazing down to her, as he hugged her tightly against him. His eyes closed, letting the dreams and hopes stand stronger, then his doubt to ever see it all. He didn't want to doubt. He didn't want to fear, the outcome of his actions. But he had to do this one thing. if he could find proof. Destroy the Mad King. He could maybe redeem himself, in his own eyes as well. Give the many souls, that'd perished in this foolish war of tyranny, rest. Give himself rest. And if he had to die for it.. So be it. He could not live, knowing he'd caused so much pain. He would never be able, to grant her what she wanted. He had to do this.

"I know you will, my sweet." He said, gazing back down to her, with a loving smile. "And you'll see your share. But. This thing. Has to be done, by my own hand. Free my friends, from the clutches of our Mad King's manipulation. And you will have done more then enough. And I will bring down the Mad King, from within. The real.. Mad King." He said, still smiling lightly, even though the subject was so heavy. He knew that he could do this. He knew he would live through it. His dreams told him so. Told him, that the Mad King, wouldn't stand tall, much longer. He would be brought down, by Archibald's voice. The people liked him. Saw him as the Guardian, he was. He was still a Guardian, to one side. Even though he no longer felt, he deserved that. But he would stand up before them. His King's people. And he would let them know, the real truth. And he would be shunned for it. But he would give them proof. And then, it was only the loyalists, in the way of the King's defeat. And they would surely hunt him down. But he would escape. he had to.

Back
Top Bottom