Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dream Sharing ~{For Raeona and Forever}~

Raeona

Supernova
Finally, a time to rest. The whole day had been spent trying to prepare for the surprise attack that was to come. She was so tired, but she was planning to try and end this quickly. She wanted to be free, to finish this war so she could finally meet him, the guy she'd been meeting every night since she was young. She had no idea how she would find him, but she was determined to do it. Even if it took her years, she would find him.

As she entered the tent, she lay down on her side and closed her eyes. Her black hair spilled behind her, it being down to her waist. Her bright, ice blue eyes closed and she slowly drifted off to sleep. She was one of the only mages in their army, and the only female of those mages. There were only a few females in the army, only ones who were known for something special. Lots of men talked about her as some kind of prize. She had a decent figure, but nothing too special. Apparently the fact she had a pretty face, decent body and the powers of a mage were enough to get them interested in her.

As she drifted off, she found not darkness, but a bright light as she entered a dream. Smiling, she instantly pictured a beautiful landscape that began to fabricate the dream. Rolling hills, and a sparkling river cutting through the earth next to her, going off a cliff into a waterfall. In the distance, was a large field under the cliff, with mountains int he background. Smiling, she moved and sat on the edge of the cliff, sighing happily to herself.

"Captain, you should get some sleep. I'll handle the rest of this, before doing so myself. You've had little sleep the last few nights. And I bet that sweet dream of yours, is missing you." The young Sargent winked a single time, as he chuckled and gazed back down at the maps in front of him. The Sargent was rather young for one in his profession, and had done well in his line of work. And he'd followed, and only been over shaded, by one figure. Archibald Harding. Better known as 'The Hand, that Protects'. He had been given many names during his time as a soldier, and it had all been for a greater good. He'd always been the protector of his lands, against the wicked Mad King. Or at least, so he had thought. But he had been horribly wrong. It had all been a wicked play, set by the greatest moppet Master, his own dear king. He was the wicked one. He had caused the many attacks, on his own villages, to instill anger and wrath in his soldiers, believing it a strength. And in Archibald's case. It worked. He had become a hand of Righteous fury. And he was all at his kings bidding.

Archibald took the Sargent's advice, and with a nod retired to his quarters. The heavy armor he carried, was neatly dropped against a wall. The armor was adorned with gold, and a sigil shaped as a eagerl, upon it's chest. He was the son, of a long heirtage of Mage slayers. But his house had been destroyed by the mad king, when he was very young, leaving him to grow up a common kid. He had been old enough, to understand the ruthless slaughter of his family, that he himself had witnessed, so it never stopped fueling his anger. He did, however, not mind to be of common youth. For he had always one retreat. His dreams. And so, he dropped down to his bed, with his hands behind his head, and a small smile across his lips.

And as he opened his eyes again, now within the dream, he sighed lightly, and breathed the fresh air, gazing over the landscape, with a small smile. She had been within the dream alone, for a while, before he had arrived. She had gone to bed, earlier then him, so it was bound to happen. With one step, it was as if he hovered over the landscape, reaching the cliff, in little more then seconds, slowly moving up behind his dearest friend, and beloved.
"G'night, my dear. The dream seems.. Even more idolic and calm tonight.. Has it been a hard day?" He questioned, chuckling lightly, as he walked up to her side, letting himself drop down by it. As he did, it was as if the gravity around them had shifted, and his body traveled slowly towards a sitting, his blond, shoulder length hair, waving behind him in the same slow manner. Then as he was seated, he placed an arm around her, placing his hand upon her shoulder, to gently pull her closer. He wore, as he usually did in their dreams, when they did not decide to play around, a simple white shirt, top three buttons unbuttoned, and a pair of black pants, with no shoes upon his feet. As it was custom in his family, he was a beautiful man. Slick and athletic features, that belied his strength. And emerald green eyes, far from a natural green, that proved his blood's ties to magic.

The young girl, Aria, jumped a bit in surprise when he suddenly appeared by her. Looking up at him, she smiled a bit and nodded her head at his words "I suppose you could say that" She said softly, leaning over onto his shoulder and closing her eyes. "I know you're enough to calm me down, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add this in as well' She said happily, smiling as she opened her eyes once more and looked up at him.

"I'm glad you're here though, I'm always living through the day just to sleep" She said, nuzzling into his neck softly. A light jingle came from her neck, from a small bell that was strung around her neck by a bit of twine. She'd told her she would wear it until she found him, claiming that the bell could help him in doing so. It seemed a little childish to her, but she didn't mind. She was a romantic, someone who always dreamed of life as a fairy tale.

She put her hands in her lap, resting on the dark pants she wore. Around her simple red shirt, was a black cloak she often wore. She loved them, they were warm, comfortable, and she simply enjoyed the feeling of how it swayed and fluttered in any kind of wind.

He'd chuckled gently, as Aria jumped in surprise, always enjoying to tease her, as it was. And her light and fair nature, made that all the more easy. But he only, always, did it with warmth in his heart. He loved Aria, with every fiber of his being. He wanted nothing more, then to find the woman of his dreams. Literally. And as she leaned against her shoulder, he leaned his head down, to gently kiss her hair. He chuckled lightly again with her words, holding out a hand, as a butterfly came by, landing upon his finger.
"Ah, yes.. 'A little bit of this'. When you solely control the dream, it always makes a wonderfully fluffy place." He smiled, gazing down to her, as she gazed to him.

Her words warmed his heart, sighing lightly as he felt her nuzzle against him, tilting his head closer to her's, as he heard that wonderful jungle. He'd played around a bit at the start, finding it indeed childish. But now, that noise, always made his heart rise with hope, that they would one day meet. That they would one day, finally find each other. He gazed down to the bell, moving his right hand, the butterfly flying away as he did, to lead a finger bellow the bell, raising it a bit, to gaze upon it.
"And I go every day. Longing to hear that sweet noise. So I can cast a glance upon your beauty, in the real world. Hear your sweet voice, accompany that lovely bell. Gaze upon your Summer sky eyes." He spoke with a silent voice, gazing back down to her, as he removed his finger, moving his hand to her cheek, his thumb gently stroking it. "The hope of that bell. Is what keeps me together, sometimes. Little more, little less." He smiled.

Aria smiled softly as she watched the butterfly leave them and disappear into the sky. Feeling his hand on her cheek made her smile, leaning into it a bit. She loved when he touched her face, it sent a wonderful warmth through her that she could hardly explain and describe. Hearing his words, she smiled and nodded her head "I'm glad that you find solace in such a thing" She said softly, glad that she was doing something to help him out, even if it was so small.

"I hope one day, you can hear it for real" She said, sitting up straight and looking over to him, putting her hand on his and grinning. "I'm just glad to see you're okay. With the horrible war going on, I'm always scared it'll reach you and then one night I'll get into this dream and stay alone"

He smiled, as she leaned against his touch, stroking her cheek gently as he continued his warm smile. It was always warm and pleasant, when he was in the dream with her. Not due to the pleasing climates in the dream. But merely the fact, that he was near her. She could always warm his heart, even in the worst days. The days, when the sorrow of his lost family weight him down heavily, she had always been supportive. He never spoke of his life, outside the dream. He never wanted to worry her. She often had heavy things, weighing her down as well, and the problems he had, was problems of his own. This was a sanctuary for him. To him, this was a place he came, to warm her heart and ease her worries. And in doing so, he eased his own, and warmed himself. He found comfort, in aiding and helping others. In doing so, he forgot his own problems, and focused on that of others. Probably also the reason why, he never opened his eyes, to how heavy his own problems where.

He smiled down to her, at the mention of the war, he knew was raging in her world. In what every Kingdom, she lived in. He had never mentioned the war, his Kingdom was waging himself. It was a burden, she didn't also have to bare. The fear of losing him, was not something he wanted her to have. And as she spoke, he made sure her eyes where fixed upon him. "Hey.. Weather I find war, or it catches up to me.. You would never lose me. I promise you that.. I will always.. Return here." He reassured, smiling lightly.

Aria smiled weakly as she looked up at him, glad to hear the reassuring words from him. "Good, I'll hold you to that" She said, smiling as she gazed into his eyes. "I'm so glad that you're here. I wouldn't be able to make through lots of these days without you" She said softly, leaning in and nuzzling into his neck a bit. His scent soothed her and she couldn't help but smile to herself.

"Do you like this place" She asked, pulling back again and kicking her legs as they dangled over the cliff. "I wanted something pretty today" She said happily, tilting her head to the side a bit as she watched the sun of their dream slowly set a bit.

He smiled and chuckled a single time with her first words, gazing back to her eyes, as he sighed softly. He would do anything and everything within his power, to keep that promise. He didn't want to be taken away from this. This was, what everyone else wanted to dream of. But with them. They could dream it, when ever they wanted. They could shape any world within their dream. But little did it all mater to him. All that mattered to him, was her. And he was certain, she was real. Some, could have a dream girl, in their mind, and never meet her. But she was as real, as any man or woman he'd met before. With her. He felt hole.
As she spoke again, he smiled, and stroked his cheek against her head, as she nuzzled against him, gently squeezing her against him, as he chuckled. "And I am glad, to be there.." He added, with a single nod.

As she leaned up again, he gazed over the landscape with her words, sighing softly with a cheerful heart. "It is beautiful." He mentioned, before gazing back to her, as the world seemed to dim in a white light. "But it all shades away to mere background filler, with you here." He said, smiling, as the world seemed to vanish for a while, leaving them in a milky white plane, with nothing around, but just them, as their bodies now seemed to hover in thin air, their hair floating lightly. He wrapped an arm around her, holding her close, as he gazed down to her eyes. "You.. Are the one that makes my dreams.. Perfect." He added with a silent voice, as the world she'd created, slowly returned, and they now hovered in mid air, now just above the fields. He grinned lightly, before gravity returned to normal, and he chuckled as they fell down into the fields, carrying her, so he took the blunt of the fall, and let them fall down, so he landed on his back, with her on top of him, grain from the fields straw, shimmering through the air.

As the world changed, she looked around at all the white. His words warmed her heart, as they always did. Soon, her world came back and as they fell, she held on to him tightly until they were on the ground once more, a soft "Oomf" Coming from her lips at the slight impact. A light giggle came from her as she looked down at him. He always made her feel so light and childish, it was the only time she could wind down and be herself instead of trying to be strong in their army.

Sighing happily, she leaned down and lightly kissed his lips before resting her head on his chest. She closed her eyes and relaxed for a moment before she could feel a light tug. Blinking her eyes open, she sat up and frowned, feeling the pulling sensation getting stronger "I'm waking up" She muttered, frowning a little bit. Time always went by far too fast in their dreams, like regular ones did. Looking to him, she smiled weakly and kissed him once more. "See you tomorrow night" She said softly before she disappeared.

Opening her eyes to the real world, she stared up at the dark ceiling of her tent and sighed. Outside, she could heard the voices of soldiers as they got ready to leave.

As she giggled, he gazed up to her beautiful face, enjoying the sweetness she was, when ever a smile broadened upon those tempting lips. And as it made her feel light, and childish. It made him feel joyous and warm. Glad to be part of the love they shared. In their dreams, he always felt heaved above all the problems he had outside. Within the dream, she always lifted his spirits.

He returned the kiss, with an equally warm smile, moving a hand to lovingly stroke her hair, as she lie upon him. He felt the tugging too, only frowning lightly for a second, before gazing back down to her. He'd developed the ability within their dreams, to read when she was waking. To know, when the best parts of their dreams, were nearing an end. And as she rose, he only smiled lightly, moving a hand to gently stroke her cheek, nodding a single time. "I know, my sweet Sunflower. But you'll be asleep again soon. And we'll meet once again. As their lips met, he lengthened the kiss, for as long as he could, until her lips faded away with the rest of her. He sighed heavily, before letting his head drop back upon his hands, with a light sigh, for a short time, just staring towards the sky, before closing his eyes, and emptying the dream with a smile, and a hopes to meet her, for the dream the next night.

As Aria got to her feet, she pulled her cloak on, one similar to what she wore in her dreams. She pulled the hood over her head and stepped out, looking around to see all the soldiers getting ready to leave. Before them, stood the commander, getting ready to run over the plan.

"Men and women! Tonight we march upon a nearby enemy camp. Aria will take a small band of you around to a side entrance while the main force will go straight for the entrance. While we distract the enemy there, Aria and her group will enter through the side and with her magic, she'll set the camp ablaze to destroy their tents, food and other supplies. It's imperative that she lives and is able to carry this out so protect her, but stay out of her way" He said before putting a hand in the air and thrusting it out to the side, commanding them to march and with a loud cheer, everyone began to do so. They moved silently and with purpose, something that Aria had leaned to get used to.

Aria went to meet with her own little group and sighed softly. Together, they set off across the battlefield with the rest of the army before breaking off once they drew closer to the enemy camp. While the main force got to the front gate, her force waited a few minutes to give the enemy time to get moving there before she waved for her team to move. They made it into the camp through a side entrance and she let a stream of fire flow from her fingertips, catching on to tents and anything else flammable nearby including the crates holding the food. She danced through the camp, her necklace jingling lightly as she moved, a heavy smoke already beginning to fill the air and make it more difficult to see.

As he continued to rest, a loud roaring noise, went through his dream, and dimmed the lovely image it was. His eyes opened in the dream in an instant, only to reawaken in the real world.
"Captain! A large force is moving towards our position! We believe our position has been compromised. I will take the bulk of our forces, and move out, straight away. Get your gear on, and we'll meet you on the front line." The Sargent quickly shouted into the tent, as he saw his Captain raise to be seated in his bed. His eyes widened lightly, and after a few minutes of catching his mind straight, he leaped out of bed, and applied his heavy plate armor, as swift as he possibly could.

Moments later, sprinting out of his tent, his shield prepared in his left hand, sword in the right, he was about to move towards the rest of the army, before his eyes narrowed lightly. His eyes started a light glow, as he felt a presence of magic. But it wasn't in the direction of the front line. His gaze instead, turned towards the west of the camp, and just as it did, he saw fires arising from that direction. His eyes widened again, and he quickly sprint towards that direction.

He reached a tent ablaze, hearing light screams inside. He took in a deep breath, before letting out a roar, that rang through the camp, as a harsh wave of energy spilled from his lips, blowing out, and choking every flame in the tent. He quickly cut an opening in the tent, holding it open, as he waved his hand a few times.
"Get out! Get out of the camp, and flee through the thickest of the forest. I believe, we are pretty badly compromised here. Go.. Go!" He shouted at the medic's inside, who quickly did as ordered, and fled in the direction of the forest, and he continued to move towards the origin of the flames. And after passing around a corner, a wave of fire came his way. He quickly moved his shield in it's way, a bright light shining from the shield, as the flames where entirely absolved by the shield. And as it was, his sword was placed upon the edge of the shield, the flames transferring to his sword. And once the flame had stopped, he lowered the shield, raised his sword, and gazed towards it's origin. But in that second, he heard a chiming, he hadn't heard anywhere else then in his dreams. And as his gaze traveled towards the hooded woman, that had been the fires origin, he was stunned for a moment, unable to send the flames back. He was about to speak, as an arrow met his shoulder, no doubt a part of her force, meant to protect her, who hindered the threat to her. With a groan he was forced a few steps back, dropping his sword, as he quickly knelt behind his shield, preparing for more arrows.

She hardly noticed him as she was so focused on her own job, her eyes watching the trails of fire to be sure that they caught on to everything in sight. However, soon a man ran up to her and pointed at a crouched figure "That's him, that's the guy we need to take back" He said quietly, the archers pelting the shield with arrows in order to try and keep him in place.

Aria glanced over and nodded, beginning to step towards him only to have one of their soldiers jump out in defense. She frowned, knowing that a few would likely be coming this way due to the fire. Either way, she quickly pulled out her light sword and the two ran at each other. She had to cut him down to get to the guy they were meant to take back. She couldn't quite see what he looked like through the smoke, but she didn't really care either.

Her and the enemy soldier's weapons clashed together before they pushed off and continued, lunging forward constantly to try and knock each other off balance. While doing this, her hood slowly slipped off of her head, and her necklace jingled almost constantly. She had to beat this guy, but as her foot hit a small rock in the ground, she gasped as she lost her balance and tripped, the enemy jumping over her and preparing to kill her.

As arrows pelted his shield, Archibald closed his eyes, feeling his mind and dreams, clashing to the ground. Was the woman of his dreams, working for the Mad king? The King, who destroyed his life. His family? No. It could not have been her. It wasn't possible. He didn't want it to be. He heard the archers shouts, narrowing his eyes with a low growl, and a shake of his head. Apparently, they where here for him. Good to know, that this slaughter was all because of him.

Then, as the sword chant between his ally, and Aria began, his eyes widened, once again hearing the chiming of that bell. That sound, that used to soothe him so well, but now. It scared him. It couldn't be her. She would never be sided, wish such a mad man. Gazing lightly over his shield, still winching and hiding again, when ever an arrow struck against the thick shield. He couldn't see exactly who it was, but what he could see, frightened him. It resembled her, all too well. The beautiful hair. Her figure. And then, the bell. It did all, resemble her. How could that be? She was no wicked woman. She wouldn't side with a murderous Tyrant?

And then, as she was pushed to the ground, and his ally leaped over her, Archibald's eyes widened, and he quickly rose to his feet, and with a swing of his right arm, pointed the edge of his sword, towards his ally.
"No!" He demanded, the flame he had earlier absorbed, now spewing from the tip of his sword, pushing away his ally, before he could make his strike. Aria would feel the warmth of the flame, but it would not catch on to any of her clothing. Realizing what he'd done, his eyes became teary, as a second arrow now pierced his side, causing him to stumble a bit back, before dropping to his knees. If the arches didn't stop, he would be struck by several more arrows, but considering they wanted him alive, they should probably halt their fire.
"It's me you want!? Take me! I'm not running anywhere.. Like this.. But let the Medics and servants flee the flames! Leave them be, they're of no thread to you!" He shouted towards the woman, who resembled his love so damned closely, but his vision growing blurry, he was unable to see, his armaments now dropping to the ground, with loud thuds, before he followed, landing in between them, this causing the arrows, embedded in his body to crack, and pierce a bit deeper into his skin. More of his allies would come, and a big branch of the main force, would also return, once the flames was noticed, so they should probably act quickly, and get away from the camp, as soon as possible.

Hearing his shout made her freeze in place. It sounded just like him, like Arch. As the man over he was removed, she sat up, her team halting in the onslaught of attacks as he spoke, giving his request before falling to the ground. For a moment, she was frozen in place as she stared at the heap on the ground before her. When one of her soldiers went to get him, she snapped out of it and jumped to her feet.

"No, leave him. I'll take him back, go get me a horse from their stables, they haven't been reached by the flames. I'll take him back, you all go join the main force until I can get a clear escape, then get everyone to fall back." She ordered, getting a nod from her group before they ran off to do as she'd ordered.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Aria moved to his side and carefully rolled him onto his back. When she saw his face, her heart dropped in her chest and she felt her stomach turn. How could this be? She shook it off as best she could and looked up as her troops returned with a dark brown horse.

Together, they got him up onto it before she jumped in behind and kicked the horse into a sprint. It wasn't long until they got to the camp. She convinced the commander to allow her to heal him up before they would question him, and he agreed. Aria managed to get him into her tent and worked on removing the arrows and vanishing his wounds. He occupied been bed roll as she sat by his side, not wanting to confront him yet, not even in their dreams.

He heard her voice, shielding him from the approaching men. That beautiful, light and comforting voice, he had so dearly dreamt of hearing, in the real world. And now. It stung at him, with far more pain then the arrows still embedded within him. How this be? She wasn't a bad person, how could she be as blind, as to follow the Mad King? So many questions, he couldn't answer. Only she could. And he wanted to confront her. But as his body was turned to it's back, and his hazy eyes could gaze up upon her, he could utter no word. His wounds where severe, and left him without the ability to speak. So he just stared, with a heap of questions and sorrow in his eyes. Not what he'd wanted, for their first gaze upon one another. And a few seconds after he'd been turned around, his eyes closed, and he fainted.

His dream was turmoil. Nothing as gentle and warm, as it'd always been, with Aria. And she didn't come. She didn't seek it out, to calm it. And hence, it became a nightmare. Images of his past, watching his family killed. Images of his friends in war, dying. Images of the young man in their army. Keneth. The life, he himself had taken, whilst protecting Aria. And images of her. By the side of the Mad King. Red eyes, glaring at him, he finally wrestled himself from his tormented nightmare.

His eyes shot open, nowhere near happy with what they'd just seen in the dream, and he tried to quickly sit up, but was stopped by a sting to his side, still due to the arrow. His wounds where healed well, but his body still sore. So he dropped back down. He didn't need to look to his side, to know she was there. "The.. Dream.. Was a Nightmare.. This time. Missing the link.. That usually helped me control it. The thought.. About you, coming." He murmured silently, before his eyes turned towards her, his green eyes, meeting her's. He raised a hand, pointing his fingers towards the necklass, as his eyes turn teary again. "Wh.. Why?"

Aria sat there for a moment, unable to come up with words to speak to him. She stared at him for a long time, as if she was waiting to wake up from a nightmare. When it didn't, she took a deep breath and sighed a bit, looking away from him to stare at the ground. "I was going to ask you the same thing" She muttered softly, her heart racing nervously in her chest as she kept her eyes away from his. "This isn't how I dreamed of meeting you" She added softly, fighting back tears that were trying to push out of her eyes. "Why are you with that army? Do you even... Understand how evil that king is?" She asked, though she had a feeling she knew why he would be confused. That king... He was cruel and manipulated his armies to make them believe he was a saint. "I know this is a little... Crazy, and will be hard to believe. I've never lied to you before, and I hope you can just... Take my word for it" She said, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Your king is evil, he orders the attacks on your village in order to sway your people to believe it was my people. He's been doing it for so long, and uses specialized teams that are kept a secret. He's blaming our king and making us out to be the villains simply because he wants our land and he doesn't care what ends he has to go through to get it." She said, finally looking up at him again. "Please, you have to believe me" She begged, her chest tightening in pain at the thought of his possible answers. 

In the moment of silence, Archibald waited impatiently for an answer. He didn't want it swayed away. He didn't want to drag this out. He wanted it over. He needed to know, how she could side with the Mad King. And already as she began, he sighed softly, letting his head drop down on the pillow again, relieved words finally came out. At the mention of her dreams, he chuckled a single time, causing a painful sting in his stomach, coughing lightly.
"Of.. Course, it isn't.. Our dreams was filled with butterflies, sweet music and joyousness. In the real world, the Butterflies has died.. The sweet music, became melancholic whimpering. And joyousness has long since been choked." He whispered, with a husk, painful voice, as his eyes averted. But as soon as her question fell, his eyes shot back to her. Eyes filled with confusion and hints of anger, contained. Her first words, where far from tactful, and stung at his heart like knives. Even if those blasphemous words where true, the truth would destroy him. He was about to react, before she continued, raising lightly to his elbows. He let her speak. As he always had, when fluttering in their dream.

As she neared a finish, Archibald groaned lightly, laying a hand upon the spot he'd been hit in the side, his eyes now averted to the ceiling. He took a moment, her words filtrated in his mind, as he sneered silently. "How.. Can I ever just.. Take your word.. On something like this, Aria?" He questioned, turning his gaze up to her. He let that sink in for a moment, before continuing. "To believe.. That. The King. I knelt to, and let knight me, as a Guardian of our people.. Was the one.. Who ordered men, to slaughter my family, before my young eyes?" He started, revealing something he'd never told. There had been a period of deep sorrow, in his youth. But he had always hid it. But never perfectly. She would possibly have noticed. But never had he told her the truth. "To believe.. That this man. Was truly the great Evil, that I believed was your King? The Mad King?" He continued, pausing for a moment again, before his eyes faltered back to hers. "Would be to destroy, everything I am. Everything I've build up. What gave me strength. What guided me, when not in sanctuary, with you.. I.. Would be destroyed." He added, his eyes clearly teary, at the words she'd spoken. His eyes closed, again not willing to show her the weakness', that had always been buried within him. He averted his expression away from her, his eyes remaining closed.
"No.. Aria. I.. Can't believe you." He stated, shaking his head lightly, as he pinched his eyes. "Not this time."

Aria felt a sharp pain in her chest at his words. Why hadn't he told her about his past before? Had he not trusted her enough? She frowned and stared at the ground as he continued, each word sending more pain through her than the previous one. Finally, he ended with a simple phrase. He wouldn't believe her. She'd never once lied to him, and yet... When it came down to something this important, he wasn't going to trust her word.

At this point, she could hardly hold back her tears. They spilled from her eyes and down her cheeks, her eyes down at the ground. She understood where he was coming from, she would feel the same way if she was told her King was evil, but the problem was that she was the one who was right.

"But... You have to believe me" She whispered, her shoulders slumped as she kept her eyes down. "W-We have people from your army who used to be a part of your kings council, then they left because of his tyranny. He''s evil, we have people who ever participated in some of the attacks and left because they couldn't handle it." She said, hugging her arms around herself as she hard to stop, her sobbing taking over a bit.

As her sobbing began, he could feel more pain shoot through him, as he tried to turn to his side, unwilling to face it all now. What had been the only thing, keeping him standing in the real world, had now been chopped to pieces, and scattered. Everything he ever stood for. Everything that he believed right, and pure. It was all molested, by those simple words from Aria. And the fact that it came from Aria. The one thing, that held his heart high, and helped him get through the toils of every day. Only helped, to deepen the pain even further, slicing the dagger deeper into his already bleeding heart.

And as she went on, clearly heart broken as well, possibly through the fact, that he for once, wouldn't believe her. Her words made him clench his fists. "N.. No.. No.. No!" He demanded, shooting his eyes back to her, as his clenched fist, slammed against the bed. "I.. Don't want to believe it.. Not this time. This.. Single time, I can not believe you, Aria. What your saying, is piercing a dagger through my resolve, and completely destroying everything I am. It would put me in the position of a feeble murderer, rather then the Guardian, I had hopped to be.." He spilled, clearly frustrated now, as a tear dragged finally left the corner of his right eye. "If.. If this fact was true.. Then that would mean that the people I have slain, where all just fighting for the better day, I was? Free, of a Mad King?! It would make me.. As mad, and wicked as you proclaim my King to be.. I have.. Killed. Without remorse, believing I was killing pillagers and murderers... Do you understand, why I never mentioned that, in our dreams? Because I didn't like it! A.. And if this.. These.. Horrid words, where true? It would turn everything around.. And make me. The pillager.. The ruthless.. Murderer." The last words, almost expelled from his throat, as light whimpers, as he closed his eyes again, and shook his head, turning upon the bed, to face away from her, causing himself a great deal of pain, doing so.
"I.. I am not.. Even sure. I wan't to see the proof, you proclaim to have. It would leave me, with little world to return to. And would make me wish. It would all just end. During the time here, as a prisoner." He murmured silently, pulling what ever he could find, bellow his head, pinching his eyes to expel the itching water, that threatened to expel from them.

When he began to yell, she flinched back and hugged her arms around herself tightly as he talked. When he finished, she shook her head "B-But it wouldn't mean all that, you didn't know! He's tricked hundreds of people, it's what he's good at. I-If you would just... Trust me, you could come to our side and make up for the things you did without knowing." She said before she sighed and looked down. She felt as if she was talking to air, but she was so desperate for him to believe her.

Sighing in defeat, she heard someone step in and she quickly wiped her eyes. Looking over, a soldier stepped in and bowed "The commander wishes to see you" He said, smiling weakly. "We'll have guards outside to make sure he doesn't leave"

Aria nodded and got to her feet, walking out of the tent without another word. Walking through the camp, she went into the commander's tent and he nodded to her. "I want to question him" The commander said, looking to her. "I want to know if he knows any weakness in their king"

She shook her head and frowned "He won't talk" She said softly, looking away "Not yet anyways. He's too loyal to his king" She said, her voice sounding weak and defeated. "Maybe in time, I'll let you know" She said, turning and leaving once more to enter her tent, waving off the guards before standing there and staring at him, unsure of what to say

Her words, didn't at all meet air. He was listening. Intently. He wanted to hear, but he still didn't want to believe. It remained too much. And it wasn't right. Everything he had done, had still been done by his own had. He had still been a tool, if she right. And that fact, turned him into nothing. If she was right. He still didn't quite want that in his mind. The fact, that she might be right. But. A person like Aria, wouldn't make up lies like that. Lies that could destroy another persons life. Everything they where. And she had to realize, that the truth was doing exactly that. Destroying the picture, he'd been meant to be.

And as she left, and the guards spoke, he remained completely silent, just staring at the tent, next to the bed. His eyes turned to an empty expression, as his fingers grabbed at the sheathes bellow him. Today, had so far tried to destroy, everything he'd ever dared dream of. His life might have been a lie. His resolve, that to do the work of a mad man. And most of all. He felt himself being distanced from Aria. That was the thing, that hurt the most. Weather she, or he was right. This was ruining the most important dream, of all. The part, where she was part of the image. This thought, caused him to almost curl together, as pain shot through his body. Pain, making his sore shoulder and side, meager in comparison.

As she stepped back in, he already knew it was her. He closed his eyes again, and released the tension in his body, sighing silently. "Let me speak with some of the proof, you proclaim to have. Those agents.. And.. Prove to me. That you are, as you've always been. The honest woman, that I f.." He paused, his eyes closing once more, with a sigh of pain and sorrow. "J.. Just.. Make me see, the truth you proclaim." He spoke, without even looking back. He couldn't look into her eyes. Not now. And if this all was true, he wasn't sure he could look anyone in the eye, ever again. Not with his dignity in tact, at least.

As she heard his request, she felt a small sliver of hope in her heart and she smiled, nodding her head. "O-Okay" She said, hesitating before she turned back around "I'll...Be back" She said as she hurried out before hurrying through the camp. She knew of one guy who had been a part of the raids, and after a while, couldn't handle it anymore. He'd been scared of standing up to the king, but in the end he'd done the right thing.

When she found him, she pulled him aside and explained the situation, of the enemy commander wanting proof from someone that the king was evil. After a bit, the man nodded and agreed to help before following her through the camp back to her tent. Stepping in, she smiled weakly at him and walked closer. "Here, this is Kent." She said softly, looking to the man she'd brought "He was a part of the secret teams that did the attacks" She said, hoping that he would be able to understand that there is such thing as trying to repent.

As she spoke, he nodded a single time, only continuing to gaze at the cloth of the tent. He gulped lightly, his entire body shivering with the mere thought, of being exposed to this truth. And he waited, impatiently. He wanted this over with. He needed to know.
And as she returned, he very slowly turned upon the bed, until he heard the name, and his eyes shot towards the entrance to the tent, as Kent walked through. He was a fairly well aged man, at least ten years above them both. Partly the reason, why he'd been unable to continue. And as Kent's eyes met Archibald's, his gaze dropped, with a heavy sigh.
"Gods.. I am.. So sorry, young Harding.. I.. Had actually hoped.. I would've perished in battle, before having to reveal this..." Kent murmured, with sorrow in his voice, as his eyes gazed back to Archibald. Archibald was start struck. His jaw lightly dropped, as tears started forming in his eyes.

"V.. Vicombe? Vicombe!? H.. How? You.. Where my teacher.. The.. The one I saw up to!? Why are you here? Reports said, you died in combat?" Archibald questioned, clearly with anger in his voice, as well as the sorrow that'd been there, for a while now. Kent sighed, and slowly shook his head.
"I am here.. Young Harding, because I couldn't stand it anymore. The tyranny our King portrayed. Became too much. And it did so, with the attack of the Hardings." He said, clearly hesitant with that. And with those words, just as he'd expected, Archibald's eyes shot open, filled with anger and wrath.
"What!? You son of a... So it's true!? Our King, is truly the one she proclaimed!? And.. And you.. Was part of my families slaughter!?" Archibald shouted, having made an attempt to raise from the bed, but in doing so he winched lightly, with a painful groan. Kent took a step back, as he nodded.
"I was.. I was the one, who put you in the closet. I.. Should've tried to stop it.. I'm. Sorry. Archibald. But what she says, is true. Our King.. Is the Mad Man.." He said, Archibald winching, as he gazed up to Kent, his eyes no longer red, but clearly still close to bursting into tears. But he pinched them, and lowered his expression, facing the floor.

So he sat, for a few moments, before he growled lowly at the pain, as he rose to his feet, placing his hand to his side, before gazing to Aria. "I wish to speak with your Commander.. I wish to negotiate my release.." He said, now with an emotionless voice. Kent frowned lightly, lowering his gaze, as he slowly shook his head, placing a hand upon Aria's shoulder, before leaving the tent, unless Aria stopped him in doing so.

Aria stood to the side, shocked by a lot of what was said as well. She frowned as Archibald tried to get up. She almost went to try and make him lie back down when he spoke, shocking her into freezing in place. Gulping, she felt her heart race, having the fear of losing him strike her heart. She looked around, almost seeming frantic as she walked over to him and hesitantly looked up at him. "Y-You're leaving?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit as she tried to contain her sadness.

"B-But why?" She asked, her heart racing in fear as she wanted so badly to take his hands so he wouldn't leave her. After a moment, she just sighed and hung her head, knowing there was no stopping him if he really wanted to go, he would.

Back
Top Bottom