Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(karthanian x vampire07)

"Its not a problem. Jason when you're done...Bed time." She directed to her little brother hearing him groan since this was the only vistor they had in a long time.

"Please Sister....Can I.." He stopped when he got a glare from her and he pouted. "Fine." He finally agreed as he truely actted like an annoying little brother. Once he was done eatting the stew he handed his bowl to his sister before disappearing to the room where she disappeared to change. Once the pair were alone Aiko looked over at Alex. She was still curious about where he was going. Either way he was traveling and traveling in this are wasn't exactly safe.

Smiling at the boys want to stay up, Alex couldn't help but feel slightly sad for Jason. He was a little boy and new things did always excite them. But in the end he felt as if he was about to get a thousand questions from Aiko, and it may not be best for the child to get too many ideas about where Alex was going otherwise he may decide to follow.

Once the boy had disappeared, Alex quickly finished the food, glad for some real sustenance in his body. "So what was it you wanted to know?"

She grabbed the bowl from him. "Want more? Also why travel through this area? I imagine there are tales of body being eatten, coming up missing or being found with missing body parts. You don't have to tell me where you're going just we don't get to many travelers through here."

She went to the small pot of boiling stew as if ready to get him some more. Though she thought of one more question. "What kind of power do you have? I'm sorry if I'm to curious its just the only people I know who had gifts like me are my relatives."

Where to begin, Alex thought to himself as he nodded to the more food question. Life was never easy, no matter what path one chose, but what if that path was chosen for you, how much harder was life then?

"Well to start with my powers I can do a lot of things... Basic control of elements, though in no way to the extent in which you managed to control those vines... Healing power... In essence my ability basically comes from changing and controlling how things work." It was difficult to explain exactly what Alex was or what he could do. "You could call me a magician but the term is a bad one... the myths and rumours behind the term aren't all exactly true."

Alex also thought of the best way to describe how he got here as well. "Well the best way to describe why I am going this way is me being big-headed..." Alex admitted, feeling himself blush slightly. "I mean I thought I would be able to handle myself if the situation arose..."

She poured him more stew and walked over to him and handed the bowl to him before she sat down at his side. Listening to him talk about what he could do did impress her even though he didn't exactly control or had complete control of what he could do. Though when he mentioned about her power she blushed then looked away from him.

"Compared to your power I'm weak. All I can do so far is use vines in self defense and bring plants back to life. Thats all." She said in a soft voice but she still didn't look at him as her face was completely red. Hearin ghim comment about him being big headed about coming to this area.

"A good test but I am shocked you got half of the way through without encountering the werewolves and minotors...The bull like human creatures."
She added on as a little fact to him. "If you plan on continuing through here I can get one of the foxes to go with you or give you a triknet that will help you to detect the creatures."

"I wouldn't call your power weak!" Alex exclaimed as he looked up at her, accepting another bowl of food. "I have no way to control the earth as well as you will be able to. And you may say my powers are greater in comparison, but they are a massive drain to me, like the same way a person can only run so far, I can only use magic until I have run of of... 'energy' to keep to the analogy."

It was hard for Alex to talk about his powers, even he did not fully understand them himself, and half the time he ended up using his powers out of instinct, his body working to save itself before anything else. "I wouldn't want to take anything that precious from you. I will be able to look after myself as I leave as long as I make sure I have properly rested up before I go."

Aiko looked up at him when he said her power wasn't weak. Smiling as she put her hand on his arm. "Look there are many foxes around here that are very senstive also I'm more than happy to help you out on your journey. I mean I don't want you to get hurt before you get to your final destination." She sai as she got up and headed to the room where her and Jason shared but they had separate beds. Jason usually got scared in the middle of the night since he hasn't spent much time around creatures that could easily give a child nightmare.

Aiko pulled an amulet out that had a red stone and in the red stone was a star. Holding the trinket in her hand as she came back out to Alex. "I may not know your name but I got a feeling you maybe heading is some where you must be at." She stood there at his side. "You can chose from one of the foxes or this amulet." She said as she placed the red stone on the table.

Alex smiled to her as she handed him the amulet on the table. "Aiko I couldn't take anything from you, in either way of helping me... You've done more than enough already." Looking back from the amulet to her he knew that it wouldn't matter how much he told her he wouldn't want help, she would do it anyway, she just seemed to nice a person.

"I'm Alex." He told her finally, realising that he had been a bit of an idiot for not telling her. "And my journey isn't that important... Like I said before, some things are just there for people's self discovery."

"I like that name." She said it without thinking about it. Her blush got redder but she stepped back from him. "When you're done there is an empty room across from my room. You can sleep there is you like. I have to get to bed but you are welcome to decline any help I offer. I do hop eyou find what you are looking for. Good Night, Alex."

That was the last thing she said as she headed down the small hall and went right where she shared the bedroom. There she gathered her gown up to her knees when she laid down in her bed but before long Jason hoped into her bed with her, scared. Aiko smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and some how that gave him comfort but her mind was on Alex.

"Thank you." Alex commented without looking up at Aiko. Finishing off his food, Alex sat at the table thinking slowly to himself about how the day had changed completely from what he had first thought it to be, he had a bed, proper food and he had met people. At that thought, Alex felt himself blush slightly at the thought of Aiko.

Sighing, Alex walked to the door of Aiko's room, looking inside at the girl curled up next to her brother, her gown riding up her leg as Alex felt himself blush and leave the room, heading to his own room for the night. Not even heading into bed, Alex sat on the floor, letting his mind sort itself out as he focused on the web of magical energy flowing through his body, the reserves slowly filling up when he wasn't using his power.

Unlike Alex, Aiko slept with her brother next to her. Though when morning came the two were up and Jason was dressed and outside. Her on the other hand wasn't dressed in a new outfit as she still wore the white gown when she walked to Alex's door to see he was sitting on the floor. Smiling as she went down the hall then out the door. here she noticed her brother trying to plow the dying garden of theirs. It was his project or his job while their parents were gone.

She hated to see her brother struggle but she walked over and knelt down to the ground. Sitting there as the green blades grew dark and the darkness headed for the struggling plants. There the color became rich slowly from the roots up. At this moment Aiko was struggling as this was the first time she was supporting plant life. For the next 20 minutes Aiko sat there with her strength disappearing quickly but when the corn, wheat, and many more plants were revived Aiko laid down in the grass feeling like she was ready to pass out.

(Sorry for the delay. I got school on weekdays but more active on weekends)

Back
Top Bottom