Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate laughed at his words."It does but I've gotten used to it."She said shrugging looking amused as he drifted to sleep. In the morning she stumbled into the room when he called, her werewolf sensitive hearing making it like a shout, looking worried as she struggled to wake up. Looking adorable and mussed in a pair of sweats and sports bra."What?Are you okay?"she said moving to the edge of the bed looking worried.

he blinked sluggishly at her, his eyes narrowed as he tried to see through the sleepy haze. "...your naked!" he finally managed to get out, his head tilted as he studied her form intently. "and you smell good too..." he mumbled. "it's too early.. i don't want to be awake... make the sun go away." he whined, trying to squirm in bed and biting back the whimpers of pain as he reached up and ran his hand along the soft length of her arm, his eyes fixed intently on his hand gliding across her silky skin. "your so soft." he mumbled softly as he felt her arm, as f she was some rare, exotic fur that he'd never be able to touch again, savoring the feel of her skin. "may i have breakfast?" he finally asked as his brain caught up with him, he didn't blush this time however, his eyes examining her body still, as if he couldn't really focus with all that pale, perfect skin in front of him.

Kate frowned looking down sleepily."i'm not naked. Iave clothes on."She whined a little shivering as he stroked her arm before moving away and closing the blinds."I'll get breakfast. Be right back."She said nearly running away, because she didn't want to consider the tripping of her heart that had repsonded to his tone. Shivering as she made eggs she returned to the room after pulling on a tshirt, stepping into the bedroom, sitting down next to him."want me to help this time to?"She said holding out the fork for him to take a bit.

he sighed, relieved as the bright glaring sun was cut off and he smirked a little as she fled. he was pleased by that for reasons he didn't fully understand. he did pout when she returned though, seeing the shirt on before nodding at her question, happily eating the eggs. he did miss his bloody meat, but he had a feeling that making her feed him such a thing would make her feel ill, and she was already taking such good care of him. "Kate? do i make you uncomfortable?" he asked suddenly. "i'm sorry if my... flirting, is unwanted, i just can't seam to help myself. your smell gets up into my brain and then i can't think of anything else but you." he admitted, blinking at her. "you seam to make everything better somehow." he admitted. "when your here, the pain hurts less, and i can stay awake longer..." he wasn't sure why he was saying all of that, but it felt right to.

Kate smiled a little as she fed him, studying him for a long moment before answering. "You do, but its not the flirting. If I couldn't be flirting, I couldn't be friends with Cain. Its..."She looked at a loss for words for a moment, staring down at the blankets."Its... your the first person I've felt attracted to, that hadn't known me before....leaving the pack. It's awkward."She said shrugging a little blushing as she glanced up at him before looking away again.

he blinked at her a little and then he seamed to understand, his eyes flashing as he settled a hand on hers. "you are afraid i will abandon you, as your werewolf brethren have..." he muttered softly, his head tilted as he stroked her knuckles. "how much do you know about Basilisk Mating Habits Kate?" he asked softly, he was certain that this Cain, while finding her cute, attractive, and at times, irresistible, would not have been interested in her as actual Mate Material, or she would have been bonded of some sort to him already. "a Basilisk... it's very hard for us to 'fall in love', though the term we use is deeper than that." he admitted, blinking at her. "we can go thousands of years between lovers... only just the right one will do. it's not a soul mate thing, or we would die with our mates, but it is just as deep." he admitted, stroking her knuckles. "i think you might be my Mate.. my First." he admitted, blinking at her. "i know it's probobly strange for you, but i won't pursue you if you don't want me to. i want to court you, properly, but if you do not want me to, or you don't want me, tell me, and i will leave you be... as much as i'm able anyway. i'm still a Basilisk, and we're pretty horny bastards." he admitted with a grin.

Kate looked unsure as she considered his words, "Not much.Cain doesn't talk about things."She said shrugging a little, shivering as he stroked her knuckles swallowing hard as she thought about what he said. "Well, I cn deal with horny."She muttered flushing a little before sighing softly. "No...I don't mind. Just...be prepared to me wigging out on you on occasion."She muttered smiling a little as she ran her fingers through his hair.

he smiled a little and nodded. "Full Blooded Basilisk are usually very secretive." he admitted with a small chuckle, sighing as she ran her fingers through her hair, letting out a short 'thrum'. a happy noise that Phoenix sometimes made when they where very happy. "i'll explain what i can, if you'd like. i only know a little bit about it. my father died before he could finish teaching me, and i have not met another full blooded Basilisk... or even a part blooded Basilisk." he admitted. "all i know is that only one in several thousand people, is compatible with a Basilisk, and that it's different for every Basilisk, depending on their own personality." he admitted. "every Courtship will be different, depending on the person the Basilisk is courting and the basilisk themselves... for example, i have this deep desire to go hunt down a rabbit, and present it to you, to prove i am a good hunter, and provider." he admitted, looking amused. "why i have this need when i could just go buy you a fifty pound slab of already cooked meat, i have no idea... Basilisk instincts aren't exactly focused on common sense." he admitted with a chuckle.

"once a Basilisk has found a mate, we are completely loyal... to the point of suicide if we betray our Mates. the most shocking case is a half blooded Basilisk, who killed himself after being gang raped. his mate at the time wasn't able to get to him in time to stop him." he admitted with a nod. "that's very rare though, it almost never happens. anyway, to a basilisk, their Mate, and Family, is the most important thing, the only thing that matters, and will give their lives to protecting their Mate, children, and even their Mates family. mothers, sisters, grandfathers, eve uncles." he admitted, smiling at her. "really, we're basically pussy whipped by nature."

Kate looked startled at the thrum,tilting her head a little blushing slightly as she dropped her hand."Maybe I can get cain to drop by. He's sometimes a fount of information when he wants to be."She said snickering before nodding a little."That makes sense. While the wolf part of us dominates us alot, making the dominate wolf, even ore appealing then others."She said smirking looking amused at his words."That makes sense. Female wolves depends on their mates to hunt for them, provide a safe denwhile pregnant.while its usually a equal relationship, we need to know we'll be well taken care of while we can't hunt and protect."She said shrugging a little. Laughing at her words she smirked."well, you found a good species to like. Wovles don't do unequal relationships.We rely on each other, and keep things balanced between us."

he smiled a little. "i think i'd like to meet this Cain." he admitted with a small nod. "he sounds like a pretty fun guy." he admitted studying Kate for a moment. "hmm... well, at least i'm doing it right then." he purred, pleased with himself. "i'd go and hunt, but i'm broken at the moment." he admitted with a small snicker. "you might have to wait a few weeks." he admitted with a nod. "in any case, a Basilisk usually conforms to the Mates desires. we practically bend over backwards for our lovers." he admitted. "if you want an equal relationship, then that's usually what your going to get." he admitted with a small chuckle. "i thought Females where the more dominant in a Wolf Pack?" he asked curiously, his head tilted.

"I'll call him this afternoon then."She said ebfore laughing at his words, and the look. He looked so pleased with himself."You're looking pleased."She teased shaking her head a litle before shrugging."I think I can wait for hunting. We have a grocery store for now."Se said looking amused before biting her lip."We can be. And are, mostly. You'll have the mated pair the alpha male and female. Or for werewolves, packmaster and his mate. The only person the female has to bow to is her mate and thats only because we're more comfortable with answering to one person then two."She shrugged. "i could see if I could get a wolf book if your that curious. I'm not good at explaining things."She said blushing slightly.

he smirked a little. "of course i'm pleased, i'm seducing you, who wouldn't be pleased?" he asked with a short chuckle before nodding. "that makes sense." he mused, his head tilted. "no, don't worry about books, i'm just fascinated by it is all. i've never really been able to interact with a werewolf. their worse than Vampires are about getting outside help." he admitted, wrinkling his nose a little before glancing over at her, smiling a little. "you do know... that i'm not all Basilisk, right?" he asked softly. concerned that she might not like him once she knew that he was... well he was basically a mutt. a lot of people held his half blooded status against him.

Kate flushed hard at his words, poking him in the shoulder."Don't tease."She whined before smilng slightl, tilting her head."Well then you'll just have to keep interacting with me."She said snickering,"Well, vampires need their food and stuff. Werewolves could probably mostly live on their own,even if we do enjoy the occassional trips into ivilization."She said sighing before frowning at him a little, annoyed that he seemed worried at that."Being able to sing phoenix song pretty much told me that."she teased.

he chuckled a little. "i like to tease." he purred, his tone seductive and sultry, clearly he was thinking naughty things. "Vampires are jerks... and they never learn there lesson." he admitted with a roll of his eyes. "the same vampire tried to feed off of me three different times... Basilisk blood is pretty damn poisonous, the Vampire kept getting sick and she just didn't understand why... i thought it was funny as hell." he admitted with a snicker before examining her. "well.. actually i'm two fourths Basilisk, one fourth Phoenix, and one fourth Water Nymph." he admitted, blushing a little. it was a 'well known fact' that Water Nymphs where whores. it wasn't true, but everyone thought it was. he coughed into his hand, a little awkward about actually admitting his bloodlines aloud, but offered her a timid smile. "you really don't care do you?" he asked, sounding astonished. "i've never met someone who honestly didn't care..." more often then not, they wanted to know what he could DO. cry healing tears? manipulate water? swallow a baby hippo whole? it amazed him sometimes, how his blood could change someone's opinion of him. it simply baffled his mind.

Kate flushed looking down even as she shivered a little. Gigglign at his description of the vampire she nodded."They can be a little dense."She said looking amused before tilting her head as she listened to his bloodline."Cool.I've only met one water nymph before, and we really didn't get time to talk."she mused before biting her lip, looking away. "I don't and....are you thristy?"she asked standing abruptly as she headed for the door.

he grinned a little and nodded. "they are really quite interesting. they have ten times the females as they do males, so males have rather huge Harems... their very territorial." he admitted with a nod. "i didn't get much from them, other than an ability to breath underwater." he admitted with a shake of his head. "unfortunately, the Nymph bloodlines and the Basilisk bloodlines make the cold nearly impossible for me to handle." he admitted, wrinkling his nose. "winter is a pain." he admitted watching her get up, his head tilted. "...are you alright?" he asked, blinking at her a little before nodding. "something to drink would be very nice, thank you." he wondered what he'd said to scare her off this time? he just didn't understand her sometimes.

kate looked interested before smiling a little."Well its a good thing that the winter's short here."She teased before returning with a glass of water, sitting on the edge of the bed as she thought, helping him sip the drink before sighing softly."I'm sorry...it's been a long time since anyone was...interested in me, enough to ask my opinions. and you not being a werewolf..."She shrugged helplessly."I'm sorry."She said feeling bad for her mood swing

he chuckled and nodded. "yes, a very good thing... i WANTED to move to Florida... but it's too damp and noisy there." he complained, wrinkling his nose again before smiling as she returned, happily gulping down the water. "it's alright Kate. i understand. i'd probably feel just as awkward if it was you flirting with me." he admitted. "i am handsome, all Basilisk are, but most people can't see past the scales and the yellow eyes." he admitted. "just as i'm sure that most people can't get past you going furry once a month..." he paused. "wait.. do you really transform on the full moon, or is that just a myth?" he asked, looking curious again. "also... uhm, this is going to sound very... er, wrong but... i'm going to be shedding in about a week and... where i can't really move all that well... i'm going to need some... er, help." he admitted, going bright red. shedding was uncomfortable, itchy, and if the dry skin wasn't scrubbed, rubbed, or picked off... it could cause infections. luckily for her, Basilisks where always willing to help each other shed, so she could probobly just get Cain to do it for her.

"Yea, florida is not pleasant for those of us with fur either."She said lookng amused beofre sighing quietly. Lookng relieved at his acceptance. Laughing at his curiousity she nodded a little."I HAVE to change at the full moon, but I can change any time I want.Do you want to see?"She said her smile hesitant, before laughing at his words."Don't worry. I'll have cain come over and help.While I wouldnt' mind seeing you naked, I' prefer it being when you we feeling better."She said looking amused.

he nodded. "the humidity gives me Scale Rot." he complained, sulking. "Basilisk are commonly desert and dry beach dwellers. we can swim just fine, so long as we're able to get completely dry afterwords... makes finding places to live very, very limited." he admitted with a pout at her. "are you sure you don't want to have me naked and at your complete mercy?... you know.. that IS one of the FEW places they didn't manage to damage." he promised her, grinning impishly. "but fine, fine. if you want to let Cain have me in all my glory, i guess i can accept that." he teased with a laugh before looking at her worried. "well, i am curious, but i don't want you to do it if it will hurt you." he admitted, examining her. "the last thing i want is for you to be in pain, least of all because of my incurable curiosity."

why_are_you_gazing__have_not_you_ever_seen_a_cat___by_woxys-d59fvxr.jpg

"Ah, I think I remember cain telling me about that."she said looking at him before laughing at his look."Hmmm I would, if you were feeling up to the full ride."She said her grin just as impish before smiling a little. Sighing quietly she tilted her head, "I have to change today anyways. It's the full moon."She pointed out before shrugging. "But my vanity wont let me do it here with you."she said before walking out of the room and the sounds of her in the other room could be heard, the shuffling the panting. Obviously pained, but not the screams one would expect. After a few moments a wolf padded into the room,resting her head on his arm as she set her head on the bed

he chuckled a little and nodded. "well, i have to agree, a full ride would hurt like hell." he admitted with a small laugh. "particularly since i can't control myself, i just HAVE to wiggle!" he admitted with a pause, grimacing as he remembered that it was the full moon and nodded. "i would like to see then." he admitted, sulking as she moved into the other room to do it. pity, he'd wanted to study the transformation. the doctor in him desperately wanted to know how the transformation worked. he gaped at her as she padded towards him, his eyes astonished as he raised his uninjured arm and stroked her ear. "Kate... your gorgeous." he breathed, rather stunned as he examined her. "this is remarkable... i'm going to have to make a list of all the questions i have for you now!" he admitted with a small grin, his head tilted a little as he patted the free space next to his legs. "if your real careful not to step on my shattered shins, there's plenty of room up here. i'm in desperate need of another nap, and i'll feel better knowing your not going through the full moon alone... not that there's much i can do to help you..."

(did you ever find a pic for Kate herself?^^ also, whose playing Cain?)

images

(and since he's a baslisk, why don't you?That way he knows everything XDD)

kate sighed softly, butting her head against his hand, enjoying having her ears ayed with before giving a soft chuff, as if laughing at his words. Stepping back she laid her paws on the bed, and climbing up wth him. Shifting carefully to get comfortable she laid down, and went to sleep, the change taking alot out of the girl.

When they woke though, she cuddled against him, having changed back in the middle of the night, the slender beautiful naked woman laying in the same position as the wolf had been, curled up on her side, hands tucked under her head as a pillow. Looking so beautiful and at peace at once. At peace and content, unlike when she was awake, and haunted by her lost pack and the crimes that weren't hers.

images

he smiled as she laid down with him, and he stroked her ears and head as he drifted into a doze, sighing softly as he happily drifted into the land of the sleeping. when he woke up, he was unaware of the naked girl laying next to him, he was only aware of a stranger standing in the doorway, his black eyes narrowed with barley restrained laughter as he examined the nude Kate. "Well, this isn't a position i would have ever expected." the strangers voice was rich, and cultured, and OLD. "i finally decide to come for a visit, and i find a man in bed with my naked best freind... for SHAME Kate, seducing the helpless." it was Cain, dressed in rather... old style clothing, but he himself had a perfect look to pull it off. he stepped into the room and paused as Ryan unleashed a feral Hiss, that was neither Basilisk, nor Phoenix. the Water Nymph in him, was apparently just as territorial as the full blooded ones. Cain paused, studying Ryan who hissed again. Cain was not a stupid man, he stepped back, and Ryan relaxed. "Well i never!" Cain complained, crossing his arms and sulking as he pouted at Kate. "your bed partner is HISSING at me Kate! DO something!" Cain was really... basically, a spoiled brat.

Kate sighed softly, sleepily as se started to stir."Hmmm?What?"Kate muttered rubbing a hand over ehr face to look at her best friend, before starting, tugging the blanket away from ryan and covering up. "Cain, you should know how territorial even the half bloods are. Stop being a brat and go get me clothes."She ordered avoiding looking at either of them as she blushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom