Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreams and Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was not a good day for Ryan Mesa.. in fact, it was about as bad as it could get. He had been jumped, almost two weeks ago by a group of half a dozen large men. They had claimed Ryan was a freak of nature, and told him it was their job to 'take care' of filth like him... being the nature of the creature that Ryan was, it was very hard to cause long lasting physical damage to his rather durable, near invincible at times, body. So the fact that he had been knocked unconscious for nearly two weeks... was troubling to him... the fact that he still wasn't healed, was even more so. The number of fractures, cracks, and breaks in his body alone, would have killed a human... thank god he didn't have a drop of human blood in him. The internal bleeding was the most troubling, the hemorrhages in his stomach, intestines, spleen, and brain was... frightening. He could understand how the damage had occurred though... they had, after all, beaten him with baseball bats, ran him over with a car twice, and then rolled him down a steep hill to die... he was astonished that he wasn't in fact.

He had no idea how he got into the Hospital, but a Mind Melder had already come in, and sketched out what he could of Ryan's attackers. All of them had come up on police records, but no one had been able to actually arrest the six men because they never left their victims alive... well, that was their mistake, because not only was Ryan not dead, but he was a very well respected member of his community. He was a Doctor, and often did most of his doctoring for free. Anyone who couldn't afford a real doctor, went to him... which was why he knew so much about his own condition, even before the nurse had come to check on him. Yes, the small town loved him, and the six men hadn't counted on that. They where sitting in a Pub right then, bragging about a 'conquest', certain that Ryan was dead and they where safe yet again.

As soon as Ryan had been able to, he'd had a nurse call a Lawyer. He told the nurse that he wanted the very best on his case, he could afford it. He was still a doctor, and a well respected one at that. He blinked his yellow eyes at the ceiling, his ebony hair framed his massively bruised face. He was naked under the thin sheet, because his entire body was a mass of bruises so bad, that even a butterfly could send him into throes of agony. He had bandages wrapped around his broken and shattered ribs, holding them in place while they healed... Ryan suddenly hated the blood he carried... morphine, weed, not even cocain could affect him. His bodies natural defenses considered them a poison and expelled the chemicals. While good for avoiding being date raped... not so good now that he was in agony. He groaned and swallowed thickly as cold air rushed across his skin, black scales gleaming in the light as his broken fingers twitched, black tipped 'claws' on each finger marking him as one of the most dangerous creatures on earth... a Basilisk... but not a full blooded one, or his entire body would have been covered in scales. He hurt... GOD he hurt... he wished the Lawyer would come so he could fall into blissful sleep and escape the pain for just a little while.

kate shardae smiled slightly s she walked into the hospital, looking around her in bemusement. It wasn't always that she was the one walking into the hospital, usually her clients found her after they got off. After all, the woman was new to town, so she wasn't aware of the man who was a doctor, a well respected one at that. In the month since she'd come to town, she'd avoided the ommunity, keeping to herself as much as a fae/werewolf could, when both sides of her bloodline drove her to seek company among her own kind.

Having her father-the packmaster of new york city's werewolves- kill her fae full blood mother in a fit of rage when he'd discovered what she was had made national news,driving a well respected lawyer into hiding, but even after the 10 months trying to hide and stay under the radar, her love for law had driven her to hesitatingly start reaching out to clients. Having changed her name-with goverment help- the daughter of the world's most infamous werewolf had melted into anomality.

until now...now she didn't realize who her new client was, wasn't aware that her blood for a basalik-even a part one- would be like a drug. She would smell amazing, and her voice...for once her voice wouldn't be effective against him. She had found the one man in the world, totally resitant to her,except that her blood could be used. For centuries the basaliks had hunted the fae, to make a drug that would be able to affect them.

He would be good for her, if she could be convinced of it.

"Mr. Mesa?"She said her voice holding a slight new york accent as she stepped into the room.

(still looking for a pic for her computer's being weird. lol)

it wasn't just his Basilisk blood that protected him against her powers, but the touch of Phoenix in him as well. his Father had been a full blooded Basilisk, his mother had been half Phoenix and Half Water Nymph... everyone knew that Water Nymphs where notorious for bedding ANYTHING. so he was one half Basilisk, which most of his body showed, one half Phoenix, which really only contributed his ability to sing soothing songs to his sickly patients, and one half Water Nymph. both the Phoenix ad Water Nymph's where legendary healers. and while he didn't have enough of their blood to give him healing powers, he had enough to know exactly where someone hurt, and he had enough to be able to dull the pain for his patient a little, as well as sing them into happy, or sing them to sleep. yes, a rare creature he was indeed... too bad no one knew about his long dead mother, they didn't know about his long murdered Father either, but it was so easy to see he was at least half basilisk.

his eyes fluttered open as the Lawyer walked in, his nostrils flaring as he caught her scent and he swallowed thickly and tried to nod... nope, that hurt. he tried to talk... nope, that hurt too. he shuddered, working his mouth for a moment... broken jaw... really, that was just cruel. "y..yes." he groaned, trembling from the pain. "i'm Ryan Mesa... you must be the Lawyer, yes?" he asked, his voice rich, and cultured, you could almost hear the pain, singing from his lips. "i was assured that you are the best..." he admitted, panting as he blinked at her. he looked... so fragile laying there on the bed, black and blue and green all over, you could even see the bruises on his thick scales, a very hard feet to accomplish. "i want... to make sure... that those bastards... can never hurt, any one else, ever again... they told me, that they've killed monsters like me... several times... they had names... so many names..." he swallowed thickly again, fighting through the pain. "do you see what they have done to me? do you know how hard it is to put a Basilisk of any percentage of blood, into a catatonic state?... it will be weeks before i can move without pain... months before i will be able to walk again." he admitted, blinking at her. "your the only one who can help me, make sure that they suffer... i can't make them suffer as i am... but at least i can be sure they won't be able to hurt anyone else..."

"I am the best."Kate smiled a little though it didn't reach her eyes, though concerned as she moved to sit on the bed's edge looking him over. "I know. I have a friend who is a pureblood."she said a smile reaching her eyes at the thought of her best friend before ndding."I'll help you."She said biting her lip as she thought, slightly longer canines than normal showing, a mark of a werewolf who'd spent to much time as a wolf, and couldn't come all the way back."Start from the beinning.Tell me everything."She said gently looking him over.

he stared at her in shock. "you know a pure blooded Basilisk!?" he asked, it was a rather large shock. half basilisk where rare... pure blooded ones? there was maybe twenty left in the entire world. they lived a very long time though, and had many babies, so now that they where protected, they where starting to bounce back. he studied her canines for a moment, wary... as if he feared she might try to rip his throat out, before he started talking. pausing many times to catch his breath through the pain. he told her how he worked as a volunteer on Wednesday nights. his unique bloodlines made it easy for him to 'sing' away pain, and he spent Wednesday nights with people who couldn't have painkillers for various reasons, helping their pain. he had left late that night, around midnight because there was a child who couldn't sleep, because she'd almost been burned alive after falling into a fire during a cookout. he'd left about one at the night, and had started home.

on a back rode, they had found him. they'd come at him with bats, blindsiding him. he hadn't even had a chance to fight back, they'd attacked without warning, calling him every racial slur in the book. after they'd beaten him into immobility, they got into a car, and ran him over... twice, before he finally lost consciousness. "the doctors think they ran me over more than that... but i wasn't awake to know it. i was two doors down from my own house... a neighbor found me, i think... that's what the Chief said. the neighbor called Nine One One and rode with me to the hospital. i have good night vision though... i could describe the bastards to you, if you'd like?" he offered, his voice was starting to go sluggish, succumbing to the smell that was... her. "you... smell wonderful, did you know?" he asked, his long, black, forked tongue flicking in the air, tasting her scent. being that she was freinds with a pure-blooded Basilisk, she'd probobly understand that Ryan was just working on instinct, because his brain couldn't function under the pain anymore. a survival tactic used by many of the animal species.

Kate nodded tilting her head."He's my best friend. I don't see hm alot, but I know things that most wouldn't."She said blushing a little as she listened, her heart aching with what had been done to him. "No, not now. I'll wait till morning."She said gently squeezing his arm before shivering at the words."Hmm I've been told."She said shuddering at the reminder of what had brought her and cain together. The pureblooded basilisk had damn near raped her as a teen before she'd managed to get away from him. After that, the two had been inseperable as friends, having seen each other at their worst, they understood how weird it was for a almost rapist to make friends with his near victim,but it worked for them, because she knew what her scent did to them."Sleep."She orered standing.

he nodded a little at her admittance to being best freinds with a Basilisk, blinking at her with pain filled, sleepy eyes as his hand curled around her wrist, holding her tightly. even a half Basilisk could crush such fragile bones without a second thought, but he didn't crush, he only held her tightly enough to where she couldn't escape him. "i don't want to sleep..." he whispered, trying to pull her closer to him, closer to his mouth of razor sharp teeth. "i want to taste you.. just a little." he hissed, his tongue lashing the air again, pausing only because a Doctor came in with a new pain medication for Ryan to try. his grip loosened as he came back to himself just enough to realize he was doing something wrong, he wasn't sure what, but it gave her the chance to get out of his reach while the doctor administered the new pain meds... which didn't work, leaving Ryan in just as much pain... but he was sleeping now, and unaware of the agony of his poor body.

in the morning, he didn't seam to remember the last five minutes with Kate, he apologized for falling asleep on her even! which made sense, being that his 'thinking' conscious part of the brain had shut down, he wasn't aware of what he'd done. a doctor had taken her aside when she walked in, and had given her the full medical files for her case on bringing down the people who had done this to Ryan. the doctor who was working on Ryan, was a Co-Worker of the half basilisk, and wanted to see the people in jail, or worse, just as much as Ryan did. "the cops where here a few minutes ago.. they left a File report here for you... they went to pick up the bastards that did this." he admitted, turning his attention to the TV. "there was a thing about it on the news... but i can't work the remote to see it..."

Kate smiled a little as she worked, absently reading over the file before giving it back and walking into the room, smiling slightly as she reached for the remote."Poor ryan. Are you so old you can't work technology?Cain says if he can remember the revulotionary war, I shouldn't make him work my computer."She said snickering a little, blushing at her admittane on who her friend was. Because her best friend had been very visible during her father's murder trial, she could only hope that ryan had been to distracted to pay attention to that. Smiling as she changed the channel to watch she sighed quietly."They told me you could go home if you had someone to stay with....if you don't have anyone...I have a empty room in my place...and I work from home..."She said tilting her head blushing at her offer, but feeling just as drawn to him as he was to her, even if she couldn't think of it. She was attracted to cain to, so she just brushed her attraction off as something to baslisk blood, instead of ryan himself

Ryan snorted a little. "all of my fingers are broken." he pointed out, smirking a little. "and if Cain is that old, and able to drive, he should be able to work a computer. tell him to stop being lazy." he ordered rather playfully as he watched the Tv, wincing as he watched the men fighting back against the cops, cussing and cursing as they where arrested, so drunk they couldn't even walk in a straight line or talk without a slur. "...i live alone." he admitted simply. "too many people are afraid of me. they think i'm capable of killing with my eyes..." well, he was, but it was a controllable thing. sometimes, when a person couldn't be saved, he let them look into his eyes, and pass on without pain. he was an amazingly wonderful person, which made it all the harder for his freinds to come to terms with what had happened. "...you'd let me stay with you?" he asked, looking astonished, and then confused. "why? you hardly know me..."

"Cain doesn't drive. Says that's why people invented money, so he could be drove around."She said rolling her eyes a little. Watching the men fight, shaking her head with a bemused and disgusted look. People were morons. Turning to look at him she smirked a little."You know I know better then that."Se said looking amused before sighing."Because sometimes good karma comes back to help me."She said avoiding answering her real reasons and because she didn't want to discuss her own life, she nodded to the doctor as he started unhookng ryan from the machines."We'll get you all settled in my place. And then we can discuss life and anything you want."She said shrugging.

he snorted a little. "this Cain fellow sounds like one of those pompous billionaires who can't even wipe their own asses." he admitted with a slow grin. "my Father was like that." he admitted with a snicker before glancing at her, his head tilted. "yeah, i know you know better, but most people don't." he admitted simply as he blinked at her before glancing at the Doctor, smiling at Octavian. "Thanks Octa..." he muttered to the doctor who smiled at Ryan. "there's not much we can do for you here... you might as well be comfortable Ryan... just make sure you get on your feet soon, folks around here are worried about you." "i'll be alright. i'm healing already. i'm in less pain today." the Doctor clearly did not beleive his freind, not in the least. "yes, well... the Cocaine seamed to help a little bit." Octavian admitted, handing Ryan the white powder. "i know Basilisk can't get addicted, but be careful with it, your not all basilisk." "... the Cocaine doesn't do anything Octa. leave it here. the last thing i want is for that upstart Joey to think i'm a drug head." "like Joey can do anything." Octa scoffed, carefully helping Ryan into a wheelchair.

He handed Kate the little package of white powder and a prescription to go with it. "if he starts fading out, give him a snort of this, it will help with the pain, no matter how he tries to deny it. even if it's only a little bit... and thanks, for taking him in. he deserves better than this hospital bed. the people here will be forever grateful to you Miss Kate." Octavia promised her, before gently wheeling the chattering Ryan out to the car. he was complaining about Joey still, some little hot shot that was half Kate's age, apparently, who thought he was hot stuff because he had a management position. he hissed in pain as he was carefully helped into the Car, but he managed it, though he fell into a doze on the road, resting from the overdose of pain he had received simply from being wheeled around. it was easy to see how handsome he really was, out of the blaring white lights of the hospital.

"He is.For the most part."Kate sid snickering a little before sighing softly, rolling her eyes at ryan's words.Even if she wasn't a doctor, she knew better then that. "It disturbs me that I know more about illegal drugs from dealing with cain, then I do as a lawyer."She muttered to the doctor, her smirk widening a little as she pocketed the drug. "I know what it means to be the one who needs help.Call if you need something."She muttered, pain darkening her eyes for a moment, because octavian was one of the few people that knew Kate Shardae as Kate Castle, daughter of new york's packmaster and noterious serial killer who's killing spree had started with her mother. She might be almost pure fae, but she was closer to a werewolf then anything, and she knew what it was to be turned away, to be shunned because of something that wasn't in her control.

When they got to her house she smiled a little, because the man looked so helpless and beautiful laying there. Gently easing him out of the car she grunted a little as she picked him up and carried him inside. Werewolf blood had made her strong but it was being almost full blooded fae made her even stronger. Carrying him inside she was careful to keep from waking him up, putting him in the guest room before starting to work at the desk in the room, the guest room doubling as her office. Working as she waited for him to wake, because she was bored with being alone, and no matter how much she denied it, she was lonely.

Octavian snickered at Kate and tossed her a wink, he knew Kate as well as anyone did, not much, but enough to know that she probobly needed Ryan, just as much as he needed her. "i won't need anything, but i might call to check up on Ryan... he's practically my son. i raised him after his father died. he meas a lot to me." Octavian admitted, Ryan shooting the doctor an annoyed glare. "you make me sound like a Pet!" "you ARE a pet my lovely." Octavian teased, laughing brightly, flashing his fangs. Octavian, the only pure blooded Vampire to live outside of a Coven. rumor was, that his Coven had actually kicked him out for dating a werewolf, but no one knew for sure, because he never talked about himself... ever.

Ryan groaned as he was picked up, his eyes fluttering before closing again. his mind refusing to wake up, no matter the amount of pain he was in. no matter how gentle she was, it would hurt to be moved, and thankfully, his mind stayed submerged, leaving him blissfully unaware of the fresh waves of Agony. he breathed easily as she worked, resting from his long morning, waking around noon to the sound of his stomach growling. "...mmm, Kate?" he asked sluggishly, blinking slowly at her as he tried to remember where he was. "did the nurse bring me any lunch?" his half asleep mind, thought he was still in the hospital. "...no... not the hospital..." he muttered, blinking slowly awake. "this is your house." he muttered, more to himself than anything, his tongue tasting the air. "yeah... it smells like you..." he muttered before turning a faint pink as he realized how creepy that sounded. "sorry... sometimes my tongue makes my mouth say things i shouldn't say."

"Yea?"Kate asked looking amused as she watched him, before snickering."I'm used to highly creepy things coming out of men's mouths. Seems that you all like how I smell.between werewolves and baslisks....definately a scent ruled world"She teased getting up and walking out before returning with some soft food for him, sitting on the edge of the bed."You feel up to eating?Or do you just want to wake up more?"She muttered absently brushing his hair out of his face, studying the hurt man.

he snorted a little. "you don't just smell good." he admitted, shaking his head. "there's something else about you... i'm used to creatures that smell good. hell, i have a Fea freind who smells almost as good as you do." he admitted. "she always gets annoyed because her voice can't do shit to me." he admitted, blinking at her. "no, i'm used to people smelling good, tasting good but you... you do things to my brain that i can't quite explain." he admitted, smiling at the food she'd brought him. she really was intending on taking care of him, it was sweet how everything was soft, so he wouldn't have to chew. not that he normally did anyway. he usually just went out and bought a few rats or a bunny and had that once a week. "i'm up to eating." he admitted, reaching for one of the items with the arm that wasn't broken. he even had two unbroken fingers on that hand, so eating by himself didn't hurt too badly. "thanks again for taking me in like this. i really appreciate it." he admitted, blinking at her, examining her with his head tilted. "...Octavian knew you." he mused suddenly, his eyes narrowed as he studied her. "... are you the Wolf he was kicked out of his Coven for?" ah, so even Ryan only knew the rumors. funny. Kate was honestly the closest person to knowing the truth, and that was only because Octavian had told her that the rumors where ridiculous.

"Well, I don't know what it could be."She said her eyes darkening a little, fear flashing through her dark eyes. Because she was truly scared of anyone knowing who she was, not only because she was the only fae/wolf mix in existance, but because then she'd never get any peace.Helping him eat she smiled a little."Good.I'd hate having to figure out how to feed you without feeding you."She sai dbefore taking the fork from him and feeding him, looking down at the blanket, "You're welcome."She said swallowing before laughing quietly. "Definately not. Octavian...was there for me when I had no one else."She said shrugging a little looking amused because she knew just how riddiculous the rumors were. Not only because octavian had told her, but she knew just how close werewolves were, they only mated with their own kind, so werewolf mixed relationships and children were extremely rare. Which made her mother's seduction of her father even more of a crime, because she condemned her daughter to never having a wolf for a mate, when everything in kate sought to have a life partner.Taking more after her werewolf father then her fae mother

he studied her for a long moment, his head tilted before shrugging. "i'm sure it's just because i'm running high on instinct." he mused before flashing her a smirk. "if i didn't feel like eating, you'd never get it down my throat, no matter how good you are." he teased, sighing a little as she denied her 'relationship' with Octavian. "damn! you know, that man raised me for twenty years, and i still know less about him, than i do about my own mother." who had died at his birth, followed fifteen years later by his father. Basilisk, and Water Nymph, aged very slowly, and matured even more slowly. "Octavian is always there for people who have no one else." he admitted with a smile. "i was in the orphanage for five years before he found me... i never thought he would ever want a monster like me." he admitted with a small chuckle, scowling at her as she took his fork, hesitating as she held the fork up to him, before damning his pride and eating the food she gave him, sighing a little. "i hate feeling so helpless..." he admitted once the food was gone. "and i hate feeling pain... i mean, i've felt pain before, a little bit... but never like this... sometimes it feels like i'm drowning in it." he admitted, blinking at her. "have you ever felt like that? is it true that when a werewolf transforms, it's like having every bone in your body being crushed simultaneously?" not much was known about Wolves, being that they normally only traveled with each other and didn't trust anything but another werewolf.

Kate smirked a little looking amused."I've very good, and a damned good debator. If I wanted you to eat, you would."She teased before laughing softly. "Well, if it helps I only know for sure because I am a wolf, and know better then anyone that no wolf would be in a relationship for real with anyone but a wolf, and only that would have caused a coven to kick him out, if it was serious."She said shrugging a little before smiling slghtly. "I've felt that helpless before. Almost on a weekly basis."pain flickered through her eyes before sighing, nodding."it is.Bone crushing, excurtiating pain. Its why there's so high of a miscarry rate among wolves, more then any other species, because our body forces us through such pain."She said looking down at her hands, saddness darkening her features as she considered the only family she had, the only pack she'd ever been part of, had turned their back on her the moment they realized she was part fae, and that more, she was the one who accidently told her father, thus driving him to murder, and costing them the best leader the pack ha ever had.Yes she was bitter over her outcasting among the wolves.So much so in fact, that she was trusting this man, who seemed to be trustworthy. If he proved false....it would crush her totally.

he smiled a little and shook his head. "that's right... your a lawyer... not only would you have me convinced i needed to eat, but that i was guilty of multiple federal crimes while doing it." he teased, winking at her playfully before blinking a little. "weekly..." he muttered, voice filled with pain for her as he settled his hand onto her's gently, ignoring the pain this caused him as he gently held her hand, the black scales astonishingly soft and warm as he offered her a timid smile. "hey... don't look like that... your breaking my heart with such an expression." he admitted, gently stroking her fingers as he tried to cheer her up a little. "i'll let you put makeup on me, and do my hair up in pretty bows... that always makes the little girls in the hospital feel better." he offered, smiling impishly at her. he lifted her hand to his mouth, and gently kissed the back of her hand, offering her a small little smile. "would you like me to Sing you a Song?" Octavian had explained that to Kate, the Vampire would have been very aware of the powers of Ryan's voice. he was part Phoenix after all, and their voices could sing away pain, could sing away depression, could sing away anything bad, and leave only the good. Ryan only had a fraction of that ability, but it was enough to sing away most pain, and make people feel a little better when they where sad.

"Most definately. Lots of crimes."She said rolling her eyes amused as she sighed softly. Looking startled as he took her hand, tilting her head slightly as she set his hand back down."Dont move.You'll hurt yourself."She muttered before giggling a little."No, at least not until you feel better.Then I might dress you up."she teased looking amuse before glancing away from him, before nodding slightly."If you would like, I do enjoy a baslisks song. Cain sucks at singing, so he doesn't do it alot"she muttered teasing her friend even if he wasnt there, because she knew it wasn't true. Cain was afraid she would follow him around like a love struck drug addict if he used his voice on her.

he chuckled a little and smiled at her complaints of him hurting himself. he knew what he was doing!... alright, no... no he didn't. Basilisk did not have Life Mates like Wolves did, but they where notoriously picky about the mates that they had. Basilisks could go a thousand years before finally settling down with a mate. and they where so loyal, that even if the Basilisk in question was raped... they would kill themselves for betraying their loved one. sure they had their moments of... instinctual takeover, where a sent, or an instincts would take over the basilisks mind, but they rarely remembered that. "all Basilisks can sing, it's how we find a good mate... one of the ways anyway. would you like a Basilisk Song, or a Phoenix Song?" he asked, waiting for her stunned look. Basilisks and Phoenix where supposedly mortal enemies. and normally they where, unless the fire was tempered by Water, apparently. he smiled and started to Thrum, a deep, vibrating sound that filled the air like the hum of a guitar before the sounds spilled out of his mouth. first, a Basilisk song, the sounds curling and hissing and all together mysterious, ethereal, and dangerous. for most, the Basilisk's song would be 'creepy' would chase unsuitable's away. and then the song changed into the light, lifting tones of the Phoenix Song, the sound full of joy and uplifting passion, the sounds where flighty and flitty, like a bird in the air, or like the wind through trees. it was clear he loved to Sing, because he was relaxed in the bed, and for the first time since she'd met him... he didn't have pain lines on his face, and his voice wasn't husky from the agony.

Late did indeed looked stunned, smiling a little."Both."She muttered relaxing.Kate smiled softly as she closed her eyes, listening to the song, resting a hand on his hest as she relaxed. Shivering a little as she blinkekd as he finished, smiling slightly. "Thank you.That was lovely."She muttered blushing slightly before tilting her head."Since you're asking questions.Anything else you would like to know?"She sid feeling even more relaxed then she had before.

he smiled a little as he blinked at her. "thank you. i've never really sang for someone who wasn't hurt before... it felt good to sing to someone who was aware of it." he admitted before pausing, blinking at her. "i... do have one question, but i fear it might be personal." he admitted. "so you don't have to answer if you don't want to... but i was wondering... your a werewolf, and werewolves very rarely live outside of their pack... so... why aren't you with a pack?"

Kate smiled a little as she thought about it."Cain doesn't sing often, so it was nice to hear."She muttered blushing a little before sighing quietly. Running her fingers as she thought about his words, wondering why she felt the need to answer when she'd never wanted to before. Shifting a little she shrugged."Political differences. I was a packmaster's daughter...and a new one took over, and didn't want a female he couldn't break to his will."She shrugged."I was to dominate, to nasty to deal with, so he tossed me out, warning the others to leave me alone, or be blacklisted with his pack."She said, nd while it was mostly true, it wasn't the only reason clayton had asked her to leave.

he blinked, watching her a little. "well that sucks." he admitted, shaking his head a little. "i'm sorry you where kicked out of your pack, but i guess i would never have met you if you hadn't." he admitted, offering her a smile, his voice shaking as he closed his eyes. the pain was coming back in waves, and he desperately wanted to go back to sleep. "i'm sorry... i'm tired all of a sudden." he mumbled as he yawned, or tried to, a low whimper of pain falling from his lips as his jaw cracked and grated against the motion. "i'm just... going to sleep for a while..." he muttered before slipping off into a Doze. 'a while' turned out to be 'until morning' because his eyes didn't open again until breakfast time the next day, no matter how she tried to wake him for dinner. "mmm Kate?" he asked, blinking sluggishly, trying to remember what time he had fallen asleep, and why the annoying sun was in his eyes, surly it wasn't THAT early!? considering he normally slept until noon, anytime before eleven was commonly too early for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom