Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Astronomy Tower

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
1zxv0pc.jpg

The Astronomy Tower
(It is located in the far northwestern corner and can be reached via the 4th floor. Both Astronomy and Divination hold classes in the tower. It is also used to conduct research and experiments.)

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname):Kevin Reyes
Attire:Black Suit
House/Year:Gryffindor/3rd Year
Wand:9", Willow, Dragon Heartstring
Tagging:Betsy
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Later Evening

Kevin walked up to the Astronomy Tower and sat down when he found a good place, "I used to come up here to think a lot of the time last year" ,he told her. His head lowering slightly as he sighed, his father was horrible last year, he wasn't exactly too great this year either though. Kevin looked to Betsy and smiled, "This is a nice place to get away for a while". Kevin then placed the food down that he had grabbed before leaving the great hall and motioned for Betsy to join him. It was a nice night and he was glad he had decided to go up there, normally he went by himself but he was glad that Betsy was with him she was kind and he liked that.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Elizabeth Harper (Betsy)
Attire: Generic school uniform and robes.
House/Year: Ravenclaw/1st year
Wand: Spruce, Dragon heartstring, 8in, springy.
Tagging: Anyone; Kevin.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later evening.

Betsy followed Kevin as he made his way up the narrow staircase that led up into the Astronomy Tower. Once inside, she couldn't help but smile. It definitely was perfect--quiet and tranquil and exactly what she needed after the chaos of the day. "I can see why," she said as she moved to sit down next him, her cheeks tinging a slight shade of pink as she did so. "It's perfect. I like it." She giggled softly and took off her robe so that she could set it on top of her bag. "The perfect getaway." Biting down on her lip, she brought up her one hand and began to twist her fingers through her hair before finally running her fingers through it rather vigorously like a comb. Her eyes then drifted to his one hand. "You really should see to your hand," she then said. "It looks painful." Frowning sightly, she reached out and touched him. "What happened?" she asked, her voice going soft. As she looked at him, she hoped her question didn't conjure up something he wanted to forget.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

He smiled when she sat down next to him, he truly was glad she was there with him, "It is the perfect getaway" ,Kevin stated as he leaned back to relax a bit. When she asked what happened to his hand and told him he should see to it he sighed, "I had a run in with one of the professor's and he triggered some bad memories and I got pretty angry and decided to hit a wall" ,he told her. "It was stupid of me but I couldn't think of any other way to....feel better, my father is a real jerk and he was kinda brought up and it set me off a little". Kevin then pulled out his wand and pointed it to his hand and muttered a spell making the bones fix themselves with a few cracks. Now all he needed to do was clean it up a bit.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Betsy tilted her head a little, her eyebrows knitting together in worry and concern. "A run in?" she asked. She wondered what sort of professor would cause a student to get so upset that they'd cause themselves self injury. Surely, that wasn't normal professorial behavior. Was it? "I'm sorry that happened," she said, her hand reaching out to touch him. "That doesn't sound right to me. Professors should be caring about their students. Not... not trying to hurt them." She frowned just then, as her hand began to absently stroke his arm in a caring gesture. "Hopefully you're feeling much better now being here?" Her eyes went big, her expression one of hope. At least Kevin had healed his hand, she could feel easier knowing that. But she still felt a bit twisted up knowing that someone--especially a professor--had purposefully hurt him in the way they had.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

"Well I don't think he was trying to hurt me, more like toughen me up, he's Professor Breaden's assistant in Muggle Defenses and we know how Breaden is so...." ,he began but stopped to change the subject. He could feel her stroke his arm and it felt nice, Kevin smiled at her, "I am feeling a lot better being here with someone so nice and caring, thank you for joining me it truly is relaxing here" ,he told her. He then placed his hand on hers, "I could honestly stay here all night and not give a damn about anyone else but the two of us, call me crazy but that's how I feel right now".

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Betsy felt her cheeks grow warm at Kevin's compliment. She wasn't used to anyone being so attentive or sweet toward er and it was rather nice to feel that way for a change. Just then, she realized she was touching him again. Biting down on her lip, her hand froze. When had she started doing that? Did he mind? Why hadn't he stopped her, pushed her away? No... he was complimenting her. And, she felt at ease and comfortable. It was so strange to feel so accepted, something she easily could get used to. Something she wanted to get used to, at least with Kevin.

At that, Betsy began to stroke Kevin's arm once again and smiled. "I... I don't think that's crazy," she said softly, her cheeks reddening just a bit more. "I could sit here all night as well. Just gazing up at the stars, knowing I'm with someone who... who gets it." She giggled nervously. "You just seem to get life, understand what it's about." She looked over at him, her eyes finding his. "Too many people get wrapped up things that don't matter, but I can tell you're not that kind of person. You see past that." She looked back at her lap. "I think that's why I feel so comfortable with you," she admitted it. "I feel like you see me."

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Kevin smiled at her words, "Of course I see you, you're....you're beautiful" ,he began. His cheeks turning slightly red after that, "Honestly Betsy I don't really get life nor do I understand it really, it's just growing up in a really, really bad situation kind of made me appreciate the beautiful things in life more so then the average Joe, at home I don't usually get the privilege to enjoy anything it's always 'Kevin you're not good enough', 'Kevin you did it wrong' ,'Kevin you're not fast enough' ,Kevin you're pathetic' I can go on and on" ,he admitted as he lowered his head slightly his eyes beginning to tear up. The young man despised his father and the way he was treated by the man, he always asked himself what he had done to deserve such a nasty man for a father.

"I'm sorry....I just get a little emotional sometimes I know it's a sign of weakness but I just can't help but cry sometimes....it makes me feel better" ,he admitted as he wiped his tears away. Kevin then turned and looked into Betsy's eyes, "Being here with you is relaxing and I really enjoy your company, would you possibly want to do this more often?" ,Kevin asked. He wasn't too great when it came to asking a woman on a date but he really liked the young woman who was sitting next to him, he could feel something there, something new and wonderful, something he wasn't used too at all and he didn't want to let that feeling go, not ever.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Betsy felt her own cheeks burning, undoubtedly tingeing hints of pink as Kevin paid her the compliment. She wasn't used to hearing such things and it was nice hearing them come from him. It was hard to explain, but for some reason, she felt herself drawn to the Gryffindor. It was a pull unlike anything she'd ever felt before, like he somehow beckoned her 'home'. The thought of that made her blush a bit harder. How could she think such things when she'd only just met him, barely knew him. But she couldn't help it. There was a way about him, a feeling. She could see it and feel it whenever he looked at her, when her eyes found his. Perhaps that was why she felt so compelled to touch him...?

"Don't be sorry, Kevin," Betsy then said. "I... I'm not." She gave him a warm smile, her body shifting slightly so that she could be a bit closer--a gesture of acceptance and approval. "And you're hardly weak," she added. "It's easy to tell you've been through a lot and it's also easy to spot the jealousy those others had back in the Great Hall." Her smile grew a little, her body leaning toward him just a bit more. "You're to be admired and you'll always have me by your side doing just that."

Betsy felt her cheeks burning as the words fell from her lips. But she couldn't help it. She meant every word and wanted Kevin to hear them, to know them. For a brief moment, she looked at her lap, her eyes transfixed on her legs as her mind spun and dwelt on how she might have made herself look silly. Then, shrugging it off, she looked back up at him and smiled warmly.

"And I'd love to do this more often... if... if it means more time with you," Betsy then dared to admit, her tummy fluttering nervously as she spoke the words aloud.

Back
Top Bottom