Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Great Hall

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Name (Nickname):Kevin Reyes
Attire:Black Suit
House/Year:Gryffindor/3rd Year
Wand:9", Willow, Dragon Heartstring
Tagging:Anyone, Astrid, Zachary
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Afternoon

acd9o0.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name (Nickname):Zachary Donovan, Zach
Attire:Link Again
House/Year:Slytherin, 4th Year
Wand:9", Oak, Unicorn
Tagging:Anyone, Kevin, Astrid
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later Afternoon

"Don't worry I'll tend to it I promise" ,Kevin told Astrid in response, giving her a look that told her he would indeed fix it before the night was over. When Astrid apologized for having to leave Kevin simply smiled, "Don't worry you're doing something nice for someone who deserves it we can always meet up another time" ,he told her. After Astrid left to make a plate for Lupin Kevin turned to Betsy, "It's a pleasure to meet you Betsy" ,he stated with a smile.

Zachary gave Astrid a wave along with a smile as the young woman left, "She's nice it seems as if every first year we got this year is nice, well at least the ones I've met so far" ,he stated. "Kevin you should come have dinner with us, you too Betsy we're sitting over at the Slytherin table Kasey is over there along with our new friend Stacey, come I'll introduce you guys" ,Zach offered. He liked to try and make people comfortable just like Kevin did and both men could tell Betsy was nervous by her body language.

"Would you like to join us? Maybe afterwards we can go out and get to know each other a bit more if you'd like, I'd hate to just leave you here alone so please accept" ,Kevin stated with a smile.

"Yeah I'm sure you're gonna fit right in with us Betsy" ,Zachary told her. He began to make his way over to the Slytherin table and motioned for Kevin and Betsy to follow then mouthed the words, "Come on" when he was closer to the table.

Kevin laughed a little bit at Zachary then looked to Betsy again, "He's a bit forward and most of the time hyper, you learn to love him though" ,he joked. "So would you like to join us? Don't worry that it's the Slytherin table, no one really says anything while Zachary's around mainly because he can be scary when mad even if he looks harmless right now....oh wow I'm rambling I am so sorry it's been a long day and quite honestly I could use all the friendly company I can get" ,he admitted. "So what do ya say wanna hang out with us"?

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Elizabeth Harper (Betsy)
Attire: Generic school uniform and robes.
House/Year: Ravenclaw/1st year
Wand: Spruce, Dragon heartstring, 8in, springy.
Location: The Great Hall (making her way toward Slytherin Table)
Tagging: Anyone; Kevin, Zachary.
Time: Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later evening.

"I was a Slytherin back in primary," Betsy admitted, her voice soft. She wasn't entirely sure why she mentioned this, but for some reason she found herself compelled to share. It was odd, typically she found it difficult to do such things with people, but for some reason, Kevin was making her feel a bit more at ease. Maybe it was the tone in his voice or the way in which he was trying to lighten the mood. But whatever the case, she felt some of her nervousness dissipate and for that, she was grateful. "And... thanks for the invite," she then added.

Betsy looked over at the Slytherin Table. She definitely was not a Slytherin any more. Then again, she never did truly feel as though she belonged before either. But she'd managed... However, as she glanced at Kevin's friends, she had to admit they gave off a good vibe, something she wasn't used to feeling. She just hoped it lasted and her luck didn't change. Somehow fate and luck had a way of frowning upon her and just once she hoped they would smile instead. Just once. At that, her mind drifted to the scars she donned on her wrists, her one hand moving so that her fingertips could reach underneath her robes and brush against them a little.

"I accept." Betsy smiled and began to follow Kevin to the Slytherin Table, though she noticed his own robes were Gryffindor. As they made their way to the table, she wondered if they'd notice she wasn't overly hungry and she hoped none of them would ask too many questions as to why she wasn't eating much.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Betsy, Zachary, Kasey, Stacey
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Later Evening

acd9o0.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Tagging:Anyone, Kevin, Betsy, Stacey
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later Evening

2afhdo8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Name (Nickname):Kasey Reyes
Attire:Kasey with Zach's shirt on
House/Year:Slytherin, 2nd year
Wand:10", Willow, Veela
Tagging:Anyone, Zachary

Kevin smiled when Betsy accepted his offer and led her to the table then sat down. When he got there Zachary was already sitting next to Kasey sipping on a cup of iced tea. As soon as Kevin sat down he got a few looks from the Slytherins that were down the table some. Kevin simply brushed off the glares and turned to Betsy, "So how has your time at Hogwarts University been so far?" ,he asked.

"Hey Gryffie who said you could sit at our table?" ,one of the larger Slytherin boy's snapped.

"I'm sitting with my friends as well as my sister so back off I'm not having a good day" ,Kevin replied calmly.

Zachary's eyes shifted towards the Slytherin who had asked the question then he looked to Kevin, "Just ignore it if he says anything else I'll take care of it" ,he told Kevin.

"We don't care who you're sitting with this is our table and we don't need it littered with filth, of course we don't mind the two Ravenclaw ladies you're with they can stay" ,the Slytherin replied. He then licked his lips and looked both Stacey and Betsy over, "Why are you girls hanging around with that loser? Don't you wanna know what it's like to be with a real man? I'm sure me and my friends here can help you guys out you don't need to settle for some bottom of the barrel bum like Kevin".

Kevin stayed quiet but he balled his fist underneath the table. He was in no mood for their crap today and the insults they were throwing at him reminded him of his father. How he'd always call him useless, a loser, Kevin grit his teeth and kept his cool as much as he could not wanting to cause a scene in front of everyone in the great hall. Zachary on the other hand was a different story.

"Bitch you better shut the fuck up before I shove that fork down your throat!" ,Zachary snapped slamming his fist on the table then standing up. He stormed over towards the other Slytherin and his two friends who were with him. Immediately the three stood up and tried to intimidate Zachary but it didn't faze the young man, he stood his ground, "You got a problem with Kevin sitting here then you can leave mother fucker".

"Who are you telling to leave? This is the Slytherin table not Gryffindor and you really need to decide where your loyalties lie Zachary or you might find yourself having some....problems" ,the Slytherin stated with a smirk. He looked to his two friends standing beside him, it was clear he was the lead meat head of the trio.

Zachary let out a loud sarcastic laugh while tilting his head back and putting his hand on his chest, "You guys are a fucking trip you know that? Seriously, my loyalties, I didn't know that I needed to be loyal to anyone but my friends and family" ,he said in response. "Listen why don't you three go back home and start making babies with your mothers, ya know gotta keep it pure blood no matter what right?" ,Zachary stated sarcastically then let out a laugh.

"Oh man they got him going" ,Kasey stated into her cup right before taking a sip. She then looked to Betsy, "Don't pay any attention to those jerks they're all talk, they think you and Stacey are pretty and they just don't know how to approach women and they're jealous of Kevin" ,she told both Betsy and Stacey. "I wonder how long until someone breaks it up this time".

la66.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname):Stacey Jones
Attire:school robes with a black tank top with a white tiger and blue jeans and black boots.
House/Year:raven claw 1st year
Wand:6 inches ,cedar,unicorns hair
Tagging:[/b} Kasey and Zach,Kevin and Betsy
Time:Tuesday, September 5, 2073; dinner time

Stacey had been enjoying her meal with Kasey and she was sipping tea when Betsy came to the table. She looked up and saw she was in her house as well and said "well there the name is Stacey a fellow Raven claw we are in the same house maybe we can become friends too". She gave the girl anther smile . She then hard the commotion start with Keven and the slytherin table. she hated when people was harsh to others.

She sat quite for a long time till one boy told her she should be hanging out with him then Kevin. This set Stacey off cause she was not some prize trophy. she remembered what the slytherin boys did to her at her old school and she could not stand the memory. She stood up and walked over by Zachery and the boy who was making a fool of him self and stated "look you i can hang with who i want and besides i doubt you could handle me ". She then walked back and sat back down and said "come sit with me Kevin and Betsy".

27y1fep.jpg
zv911k.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Name (Nickname): Isobel Destima
Attire: Clickie
House: Slytherin
Wand: Australian Blackwood: , Manticore hair, 10 and 3/4 inches, flexible
Tagging: Anyone.
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073; Later evening.

Isobel watched the scene unfold from her seat at the head table, in between taking spoonfuls of her favorite soup. The situation wasn't new to her; hell, she'd been the one instigating it half the time in her Hogwarts days. But these kids were university students and they should know better. Isobel felt bad for the the one girl, Astrid something or other. Zachary, oh, she knew who he was. It generally wasn't a good thing if Isobel could remember your name. The smart ones, she could brush off, but the loud and outspoken ones could always be remembered, probably because they were the ones she usually babysat in detention. Another waste of her time. Isobel had half a mind to go take points away, but you know, that would actually involve getting up, and she was really loving the soup. No, she was a professor, and not another pure-blooded simple minded child anymore. She should be... er... professorly. She just wasn't the disciplining type.

It was like watching a train wreck, she couldn't look away. As she watched, it became clear that Zach was actually standing up for the girl, but his curses rang through the hall and more and more people stopped eating to turn around and stare at them. Okay, she decided, if things get more heated or wands come out, she would get off her arse and do something about it. Detention, house points, whatever. She wondered how the students would react if she took away the house tables and made everyone sit together. The thought of all the miserable students made her chuckle under her breath. Headmaster Steele might actually go for it.

A plate of pink brisket appeared in front of her and she stabbed at a few slices to transfer them onto her plate. "Pass the salt," she said, to no one in particular.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Kevin, Zachary, Kasey, Stacey.

Betsy sat down next to Kevin, her eyes glancing about the table so that she could take in all the faces of everyone including those belonging to the people she'd just met. As she sat down, she could hear the whispers already starting, whispers turning into snickers which all too quickly turned into insults. She glanced over at the people who felt so inclined to dish out such nonsense and frowned, her tummy turning as she felt Kevin go tense beside her. Merlin, she hoped things didn't get ugly. But it was definitely feeling as though it was going to and the looks some of the Slytherins were giving her didn't help matters.

Biting down on her lip, Betsy felt her own body go tense with nervousness. She glanced over at Kevin and gently touched his arm. She knew it wasn't much and probably didn't help matters much, but it was the least she could do to help matters, the only thing she could think to do given the situation. She then looked over at Kasey and then at Zachary who had gotten up and started spouting off. Even Stacey joined in telling the Slytherins off to an extent. As she watched everything unfold, she just gently stroked Kevin's arm, not even realizing what she was doing.

Looking at Kasey, Betsy nodded. "I'll try not to let it bother me," she said softly before looking at Stacey who then rejoined them all. "And yes. I'd say they're definitely jealous." She then looked back over at Kevin and smiled at him. "They have much to be jealous of, I'd say," she said, her eyes finding his.

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

acd9o0.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

2afhdo8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Kevin looked down when he felt Betsy touch his arm, his fist unclenched and he relaxed feeling soothed by her touch, it felt nice. He could hear Zachary yelling at the two Slytherins and he was thankful for the man sticking up for him but he didn't really listen to what he was saying he knew Zachary would make the two feel like complete shit for what they said without even getting violent. When Betsy spoke Kevin's attention went to her immediately, she had complimented him something he was definitely not used to. He looked back into her eyes and smiled, "You really think so?" ,he asked quietly.

Zachary looked at Stacey briefly not even hearing what she had said because he was too busy yelling at the other Slytherin. At this point the other Slytherin had gotten dangerously close to Zachary trying to intimidate him but Zachary simply stood there and laughed. This only angered the other Slytherin and his two friends and a few moments later Zachary found himself with a wand to his throat. "Oh look look you got a wand I got a wand too" ,Zachary stated as he pulled his out of his pocket and twirled it in his fingers before dropping it to the floor. As soon as the Slytherin looked down to the wand Zachary had dropped Zach grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into a nasty head butt breaking his nose. "Oh shit I didn't mean to hit him that hard" ,Zachary stated before covering his mouth with his hands, his face red from trying to hold back his laughter. He knew he was probably in trouble but at the moment he didn't care the guy had a wand to his throat and he defended himself, that was his story and he was sticking to it.

Kasey let out a small laugh when she seen the Slytherin go down, she also noticed his two friends sit down after Zachary headbutted their leader. "Oh this is bad he's never had to hit one of those guys before I didn't even see how it got that far" ,she stated. Something had to have pushed him over the edge something more then just a wand being pointed at Zachary.

Kevin didn't even notice the Slytherin go down because his back was towards him he heard the commotion and turned briefly to see what had happened, his eyes widened and he let out a sigh, "You wanna get out of here?" ,Kevin asked Betsy. His eyes almost pleading he hadn't wanted any trouble and it just seemed to be finding him all day, first the incident with Fettel now this.

la66.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Attire:school robes with a black tank top with a white tiger and blue jeans and black boots.
Tagging:[/b} Kasey and Zach,Kevin and Betsy,Severus
Time:Tuesday, September 5, 2073; Later evening

Stacey watched the fight unfold and she stood up covering her mouth worried about Zach cause he had a wand to his thought. but then he just took care of the guy as if he was a doll or something. Stacey had to adimit the guy knew how to handle himself. She sat back down to see a new guy walk up to the sylhtherin table. She never seen him before but he did not seem to care to much who was the table ether.

Stacey walked over to Severus and held out her hand saying "hello iam Stacey and iam from Raven claw i was invited to eat at this table by Zach i hope that is okay ". she just wanted to make sure no more trouble started she also hoped she did not bug him ether. She knew if he did not want to chat with her she understand after all they was not in the same house.

27y1fep.jpg
zv911k.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Wand: Australian Blackwood, Manticore hair, 10 and 3/4 inches, flexible
Tagging: Zachary; Anyone

Isobel watched from her seat at the dais as the scene before her escalated. Apparently no one else saw what was going on or cared enough to stop it. It was times like this where she wished she could go back to being selfish and naive, but no, she had responsibilities now; she wasn't a student anymore. She watched, entranced almost, until wands came out. Grumbling to herself, she stood up and glared at the professors calmly eating their dinner. They didn't notice, which didn't shock Isobel in the slightest.

Isobel sped over to the Slytherin table without a word. Merlin be damned. Now she'd have to take points away from her own bloody house. She whipped her wand out and in seconds cast a non verbal spell on the entire situation. Flippendo, her mind whispered, and the two Slytherins that remained conscious were forcibly pushed back from the table and knocked onto the floor. Isobel shook her head at Zachary. Why the hell did he have to knock the kid out? She wouldn't have even taken points away from him (the good deeds balancing out the bad ones and all) but now she'd have to give detention to the both of them. Exactly what she needed!

Rennervate. Another nonverbal spell and the unconscious kid blinked his eyes open and howled in pain. Isobel wasn't feeling generous enough at the moment to fix the poor kid's nose. She could afford to watch him suffer for another moment for his actions. If anyone asked later she could just say she didn't realize it was broken.

"Detention, you two," Isobel said without emotion, "Thursday," she said, eybrows raised and glaring at the Slytherin on the floor. She looked back at Zachary. "And Mr. Donovan, Friday." Merlin knows having the two of them in detention in the same time would be hell for them all. She paused, debating how many points she should deduct as she rubbed her temples with the pads of her fingers.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Kevin, Zachary, Kasey, Stacey.

Betsy nodded at Kevin. "Yes, I do," she said, her voice still soft, hushed. She continued to gently stroke his arm, her fingers absently teasing his flesh where the sleeve of his shirt was not. "They need to resort to such lowly tactics for attention," she then added, her head shaking causing her long, red waves to bounce against her shoulders. "You just have charisma, a natural pull." At that, she felt her cheeks suddenly go warm and her eyes averted so that she could stare at her lap. It was then that she realized what she was doing with her hand. Biting down on her lip, she felt embarrassed. Fortunately, Kevin didn't seem bothered, so she let her hand rest against him rather than pull it away.

As the commotion between Zachary and his fellow Slytherins escalated, Betsy could feel her own nervousness rise. To think all of this was happening on the first day of classes! And at university, no less! Then again, some people never learned. She was just glad people like Zachary weren't afraid to stand up and call people out for what they were, even within their own house. She found that admirable. Suddenly, things got worse and wands were drawn causing her to gasp. But Zachary soon had the upper hand.

Just then, Kevin asked Betsy if she wanted to leave. Looking into his eyes, she found herself nodding. "Yes, I think I'd like that," she said, her eyes not blinking or leaving his for a moment. "I'll go anywhere you want. Being new I have no idea where to go... so you lead, I'll follow." She then gave him a smile, her hand that had been resting on his arm suddenly gripping it firmly. "I'm ready when you are."

1zwc035.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg

acd9o0.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

335h8bs.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Name (Nickname):Ashley Morgan Reyes, Ash
Attire:Link
House/Year:Slytherin/Ravenclaw
Wand:11", Ash, Phoenix
Time:Tuesday September 5, 2073,Early Evening

2afhdo8.jpg
2vjq6i0.jpg
zv911k.jpg

Ashley walked into the great hall just in time to hear that Zachary was getting detention, merlin what did the boy do this time. She had known Zachary since Kasey had first started at the school and thought he was a decent kid, he just didn't like to leave things alone and he definitely didn't take any crap. She walked over to the scene and looked to Zachary and Isobel, "Zachary what did you do this time?" ,she asked calmly.

"I knocked him the fuck out because he called Kasey a dogfaced whore then pointed his wand at my neck" ,Zachary said in response. He was still fuming and didn't realize how loud he had spoken until a few girls from the Hufflepuff table started swooning over him, they all thought he was some sort of hero for sticking up for Kasey then so blatantly saying he did. He looked around the great hall when he heard the sounds of approval come from certain people then turned to look at Ashley, "I don't like people fucking with my best friend or her family".

Kasey's cheeks reddened and she lowered her head, she was used to people making fun of her after all she wasn't exactly everyone's cup of tea but Zachary had never hauled off and hit anyone because they called her a name. Normally Zach would say something to make whoever called her a name feel like complete shit and walk away, maybe there was more to it then just the name calling that he didn't want to say in front of Kasey's mother. Wait what was she doing here? "Mom" ,Kasey stated in a confused tone.

Ashley turned around when she heard Kasey's voice and smiled, "Yeah hey hunny I work here now we'll talk later about things ok" ,Ashley said in response before turning back to Zachary. "I can't get you out of this one Zachary you assaulted another student and while your intentions were good it's still a no no so serve your detention and get it over with you're a great kid Zachary thank you for sticking up for my kids" ,she stated not caring how it sounded at all.

Kevin couldn't help but smile when Betsy told him what she thought of him, it was nice and made him feel good, "Thank you" ,he said. He was very appreciative of her kindness and when she agreed to leave with him he immediately got up and started packing some food to take along with them. "Let's go to the Astronomy Tower, I wanna get away for a little bit and that place has always been a nice get away for me over the years" ,he told her before extending his arm for her to take, like a gentleman would. "Hi mom, bye mom" ,Kevin stated quickly before he turned to leave.

"You better fix that hand Kevin" ,Ashley yelled before Kevin could leave.

"I will mom" ,Kevin responded before leading the way out of the great hall.

(Kevin exits to Astronomy Tower)

27y1fep.jpg
zv911k.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging: Zachary; Anyone

Isobel smiled at Ashley as she came over. In the end she decided not to take any points away. Detention was punishment enough and Zachary's deeds had been noble, for the most part. However, she would still come up with a very fitting and obnoxious punishment for them both, enough to make them think twice before causing a scene in the Great hall again. Even though she hated detention as both a teacher and a student (though she'd been in more as a student), she felt it was the better option of the two.

"No house points will be taken away," the professor told Zachary. "This time." The professor raised her eyebrows and sat down next to him at the table facing outward, tucking one leg under the other. She whispered to Zachary in a low voice that couldn't be heard over the circus that the Great Hall had become. "Practice your non-verbal spells, Mr. Donovan. Then try and be a little more subtle next time, and maybe we can both avoid detention, yes?" Isobel smiled, and inhaled deeply. Her appetite was gone and at this point she just wanted to get out of the Great Hall and out of the five inch pumps she'd been wearing all day.

As soon as she felt everything was under control she could finally get out of there. Isobel casually stood back up and surveyed the scene to make sure everything was copacetic.

2ufdr21.jpg
zv911k.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone; Kevin.

Betsy nodded at Kevin's suggestion. Though she didn't know the layout of the school or its grounds, the idea of the Astronomy Tower sounded perfect. She rather enjoyed the stars and leaving the chaos of the Great Hall behind sounded more than appealing. She just hoped that everything was sorted out in the end for Zachary after what had happened.

"Sounds perfect," Betsy whispered to Kevin. Without further hesitations, she followed him as he led her out of the Great Hall and to the quiet solitude of the university's Astronomy Tower.

(Betsy exits to The Astronomy Tower)

la66.jpg
29ommpw.jpg
29ommpw.jpg

Tagging:[/b} Kasey and Zach,Kevin and Betsy,Severus
Time:Tuesday, September 5, 2073; Later evening

Stacy nodded to Severus and seeing he was not in the mood for talking much she slowly made her way back to the slytherian table as things started to die down. She also noted that Kevin and Betsy had left oh well maybe she run into them later. She found her seat again by Kasey and started to get a second helping of food keeping her mouth shut. She figure things were already getting out of hand no sense adding her share into the mix. She was going to just pretend it never happened but still them slytherian boys thought she make a good trophy girl . That irritated her very much but she was not going to let that get under her skin,

27y1fep.jpg
zv911k.jpg
nohjyw.jpg

Tagging: Anyone

Isobel surveyed the Great Hall as the scene dissolved back into it's usual state of commotion. She eyed the students at the Slytherin table, making sure that no more fighting would erupt. Isobel adjusted her blazer and tried to think of creative detentions for Zachary. Satisfied with how she'd handled the situation (professionally for the most part) she turned back and walked to her seat at the head table. Without even tasting it, Isobel could tell that her soup had turned cold. It didn't matter, she wasn't hungry anymore. Annoyed at having to break up the fight in the first place, Isobel walked out of the hall. Her shoes made clacking noises on the floor as she briskly walked, surveying the Slytherin table quickly before she left.

(Exits to bedroom)

Back
Top Bottom