Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How do you feel about...

Raivh

Old dog
So, something came up today while I was talking with my girlfriend that inspired me to start this thread.

Think of it as gathering opinions on various questions.

For starters, and in reference to my inspiration:

How do you feel about someone (male or female) that you're in a serious relationship with dancing with another individual? Would it bother you/not bother you? Why?

My girlfriend isn't comfortable with it. Personally, I find it inappropriate. Dancing is known to evoke emotions. In this particular conversation with my girl, she was specifically meaning "Bump 'N Grind."

As intimate and...uh..."stirring" as that type of dancing can be, I find dancing with anyone but her would be highly disrespectful. Of course, I don't really like to dance. And when I do dance, I only enjoy it because I've got her pressed close against me.

If she's grinding her ass up against another guys junk, I'd find that a bit inappropriate. I've made that mistake before, and the guy got a boner, and then wouldn't leave me alone for the rest of the night... :-/

I should add to the above that this obviously varies on who the guy is. I would not dance like that with a stranger definitely because you don't know the guy.

But dancing in itself isn't that bad... its exercise and most people do it for light hearted fun with friends.

I love to dance, slow (two-step) or fast, and I have danced with other guys while out with my hubby. He has danced with other women, also. I think you can keep a dance "friendly and fun" and not overly intimate, and that's fine.

I love watching "Dancing With the Stars", and I must say: I've often wondered if some of those "pairings" didn't become more involved just by the intimate way they acted with one another with each episode. LOL So, perhaps dancing with someone other than your significant other could lead to other things or put out the wrong message, but if two people are secure in their relationship, I don't see any harm in "boogalooing" with others on the dance floor.

For me, it depends on the song and dance in question. If my significant other danced with someone else to 'our song', then I would find that disrespectful for the obvious inclination. In addition, I would not feel comfortable at all with my partner 'bump n grinding' or slow dancing with another individual as they are simply too sexual/intimate, respectively. That said, there are harmless dances that are meant to be fun and far less personal than the aforementioned styles. I d not see why anyone should have any issues with two-step dances, tap, swing, or hip-hop. Ballroom dances could fall into either category depending on the dance.

Back
Top Bottom