Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Lonesome Mistress (Ren and Tenn)

Chuckling lightly at her response, he gave a little nod, tilting his head slightly to the side. "Well, it'll be a little while I guess, but I'll certainly have to see that. Just don't expect me to play, I've never even touched any sort of instrument," he admitted with a slight shrug, though he didn't seem to particularly mind it.

"True, but... well, I can hum something. Just try not to laugh if I'm not very good at it, at least?" he offered with a playful grin. Keeping one of her hands gently in his, he rested his other hand upon her hip, indeed beginning to hum as he moved in light steps and a light sway, keeping a rather easy pace; Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, specifically, since it was the first thing that came to his mind. He occasionally glanced down to make sure where her feet were, leading her still in an easy motion and not even so much as flinching if she ever did step on his feet or toes.

She nodded when he asked her not to laugh, though she smiled at the song of choice, guess it worked for a square waltz. And step on his toes she did. Almost ever third step exactly, which when she stepped on him immidately made her look down, and miss the next step or two and when she finally got back to the rythem, of stepping on his toes she went again. Wincing each time. "Sorry." She whispered. Still trying, but failing misserably.

"It's fine, just... hm..." he trailed off somewhat thoughtfully, glancing down to her feet for a moment. He was sure he could figure something out for her, at least, even if it wasn't a guarantee. "Practice makes perfect, as they say, but for now, we need to get the rhythm down. So let's step back from each other just a bit, and move a bit closer to me with each step. If you start to hit my toes, then move back just slightly and that should be your comfortable spot for now," he suggested with a light grin, moving back just a little away from her per that suggestion, while even then not breaking his own step. "And try not to watch your feet too much, just follow my movement like... well, like you were side-stepping someone, which I'm sure you'd have to do in a busy business office," he suggested, chuckling lightly.

"Or on a New York Street." She agreed nodding at the suggestion and they both backed up, just a hair. The space actually helped her relax. Camron watched her feet for a few moments before looking back up at the man she was following and slowly the rythem fell into place, she tried to move back to the 'normal' spot one would be with a partner - but immidately began mooshing toes so she finally stopped walking forward and simply stayed far enough she could simply follow without smashing feet. Even if it meant they where further appart then someone usually would have been.

"Heh... yeah, or that," he agreed with a little nod. He couldn't truly imagine what it was like, but... well, he'd heard some things, at least, so enough to go on at least a little. Still he didn't even give the slightest flinch whenever she eventually stepped on his toes again, nor did he mind the little extra space. "Comfortable enough, then?" he asked, tilting his head a little to the side in curiosity. "I'm not exactly a dancing instructor, but... well, I do what I can, at least," he admitted, chuckling lightly. "Just go like this with an easy pace, and you should be able to get better over a little time and be comfortable with being a bit closer. So... with that, anything else I might be able to help ya out with that might help for dates and such? Maybe cooking, or... anything else, except maybe your looks since another girl would probably be better for that," he grinned.

She had impecable fashion sense, it might not have come off as flirty very often but that and makeup where something she was particularly obsessive about, she always looked perfect. She laughed softly. "don't worry. I know how to handle my appearance." She assured as they danced about for the time being. She had no earthly idea why she had even said that or why she blurted out, "Unless they like takeout They better know how to cook, I can burn bread." Which generally came cooked. "I almost made my microwave blow up last week." She'd put a takeout container with Aluminum lining under the paper in there. Barely stopped the thing from short circuting.

She smiled some. The Panda man had a way of relaxing someone. Even when the pet was bigger than the owner. He wasn't a Pet. Sentent creatures... what did you call them? Fur? That seemed particularly rude. She'd have to contemplate how you where supposed to handle this situation. Because he definately wasn't your typical Dog or Fish... which she'd managed to kill a good deal of Fish in her animal owning Career, one reason she no longer owned Pets. At least this one could fiend for himself. "Thank you." She said softly.

"Hm... well, I could probably help some with that. I haven't been a so-called 'pet' so long without learning something like how to cook well, which I'm sure you've already found. Just a matter of figuring out some recipes and such and going from there, I suppose, though I don't mind cooking for ya in the meantime," he offered. "And your appearance does look perfect, honestly, it was just something that came to mind since it's fairly important for dates and such," he admitted with a little grin and a shrug.

"Anytime," he spoke in response to her thanks, finally slowing his steps until he brought them to an easy stop. Removing his hand from her hip, he reached up to stroke it ever so gently over her cheek, only for a few moments. "How about checking out the town a little, then, before the sun starts to really set? May just be the first day of your vacation, but there's no harm in seeing everything that's around now and being able to get there easily for the rest of your time here, right?" he suggested.

She laughed softly as he explained his reasoning as to why he mentioned her appearnce. "That is one of the few parts of dating I do not have a problem with." She admitted. "Acedmically I understand Dating, much Like I understand cooking. I just am not good at it." She sighed.

Nodding now as they seperated she smiled faintly. "Sentent creatures are not pets." She told him. "I'm not sure exactly what you should be considered but, you are not a pet." She was still working on figuring this one out. And her wheels where turning again. "But yes. Lets look around, show me the island I've come ot reside on for a month. And maybe we'll find a spot for dinner." She added.

"Well... far's I can figure, it's not exactly an academic thing. Well, not entirely," he considered thoughtfully, scratching a little at the back of his head for a moment. "More emotional than that, I guess, setting and going with the mood, figuring out what the other person's enjoying or not enjoying... well... just the observations of someone who's never dated and probably never will, so I guess I can't really say for sure," he concluded with a little shrug. It wasn't even as though he had any sort of stake in any of it; really, he was just trying to help however he could.

Given that general fact that he was simply treated as something aside from human, he was slightly surprised at her next comment, but didn't show it. "Well, town it is, then. And we might be able to get back here by sunset if we time it right," he suggested, offering a hand to her before leading the way down into the town itself, minding as little as usual the occasional looks he got. "Anything in particular you'd like to see for now, or just look around street by street in general?" he asked, more than ready to lead the way to wherever she wanted; after all, he only knew the place well enough from being around the area as long as he had.

"Everything about people, is some form of Give and Take. Working as I do I have figured that out and am intimately aware of the fact, any time you do anything with someone, There's some sort of transaction going on. Dating... is an intimate transaction, of time, words, secrets, information, emotions. That is where I fall short. Giving people my time, sure, my secrets - Never." She was painfully private, and the fact he wasn't actually a prospect made it that much easier to tell him. Though she'd yet to get into any serious details. he'd probably realize how obsessive she was about things when he got back to her appartment.

She took his hand as he started forward. Looking around as h elead. "Anything is fine. I've never been here so its all going to be interesting."

He gave a slight nod as he spoke, tilting his head a little to the side in curiosity as he wandered somewhat thoughtfully with her through the streets. "Hm... that shouldn't really be so bad, I think, since secrets'd be a matter of trust, really. You shouldn't really have to give up anything too... intimate or important early on, so as long as you can open up to people over time, I don't really see that being too much of a problem..." he considered.

"As for now, wandering the streets aimlessly it is, I guess," he said, chuckling lightly. "Easy enough to see what each shop around here is, I think, so that shouldn't be any problem. Jewelry, food, clothes, souvenirs, more food... plenty of stuff you can only find here, I think, or at least stuff I've seen here that I haven't seen anywhere else," he suggested with a slight shrug. "And of course the beach, which it won't take too long to get to even if we keep going like this. Just... expect to probably be hit on at least a few times," he commented, certain enough that it would happen.

She tilted her head. She supposed. She gave very little to people - guarded. Very guarded. She'd been hurt to much young to really deal well anymore. "True." She muttered as she walked with him looking around. She hadn't really thought about what she could and could not tell people. Not in a long time. She wondered absently why he had been able to get as much out of her as he had. Like the fact she played the piano. Then she wondered what she was going to do - no one came to her house. What would he think of her home?

She tilted her head watching him for a second. What did you do with a...Fur? She wondered again. Sighing some she paused looking at him. "I have no idea what to do when...I-WE go back to new york." She corrected herself. She had been alone so long it was strange. This idea that someone was going with her somewhere else. "I Work nearly 18 hour days. You'll... I kill fish!" She was already stressing. Plans changing drove her nuts and she just kept coming back to the fact she had no idea how to care for anything. "I don't even buy groceries." She admitted blinking as she stared at him. She shook her head. "I don't even know how to take care of myself, let alone someone anything else."

He blinked in curiosity as she spoke and couldn't help but chuckle lightly, pausing at least for now to... well, clear it up? Seemed as good a way as any to put it. "Well, I'm... I guess you could simply enough say I'm different. I mean, most furs can take care of themselves well enough when it comes to it, at least, but I've done a ton of odd jobs over the years. Cooking, shopping, cleaning... everything, really," he assured with a slight shrug. "After all, it's basically my job to help take care of you, not so much the other way around, so... don't worry about a thing. After all, you're on vacation, where worries don't belong," he suggested, giving a slight wave to the place in general that was her current vacation locale.

"So c'mon, let's check out the beach. Aside from worries about how many people may or may not hit on you, perhaps, it seems to me just a place where worries don't belong and are easy to get rid of," he suggested with a little grin, beginning to lead the way in that direction.

She considered that. A bit of Trepidation on her face as he told her to simply not worry about it. But, well what could she do? She was in Cancoon with a... companion she hadn't been expecting. Who'd kinda sorta taught her how to dance and not mash toes. Seemed to take everything in stride and obviously could take care of himself. She considered this, There was a contract somewhere that she'd signed that said he was hers. This she didn't particularly like...owning something so... well human when you go tright down to it. HE acted like a man, he was just covered in fur had a tail, muzzle, and ears on top of his head. Hybids born of science at some point and... well way more human than anyone gave them credit for. She mulled over this for a few more minutes before simply following him again letting him lead.

as they reached the beach she grinned. Oh it was beautiful, the sun felt wonderful and look at that water! "And I didnt' wear my bathingsuit." She said a little disappointed but she enjoyed the walk. Pausing when a man actually walked up to them. She didn't let go of the Panda's hand though.

"Hi." He said with a big grin, well tanned, muscular and obviously enjoying himself. He was tall much lik eht epanda, maybe an inch or two shorter.

"Hello." She said though the smile had turned a trifle forced. That Guard coming streight back up.

"He your pet?"

"Seems that way." She said smile dropping a little more. "He's showing me around, he's been on the Island longer than I." She added. He glanced at the panda for a moment.

"I could show you around." He offered. "I know a great bar, does good seafood." He added.

She titled her head some. "Thanks, but... I've got a guide for today. Maybe tomorrow?" She asked. Right now, she was content alone, exploring with the Panda. She wasn't quite ready for random strangers on the beach.

"Go in just up to your ankles, then, no harm in that," he suggested with a little grin, glancing over in some mild curiosity upon the man's approach. And so it began, in his mind, it just fell on whether or not his new owner apparently cared for the one approaching or not. Thus, for the moment at least, he remained silent.

"Well... sorry, but that's how it is," he spoke up with a little grin, flashing his teeth slightly in this one where he'd generally keep his lips closed over them so nobody would worry about his plainly sharper than human teeth, before wrapping an arm around Camron's waist and leading her off to the side. "Not your type?" he teased slightly when they were away from the man, though from what he could tell it just didn't seem like she was ready to hit the proverbial dating scene here just yet. "C'mon, though... there's a usually pretty empty area of the beach where nobody'll likely bother you if you don't want to interact with anyone else just yet... and another spot that's probably not bad for part of a date," he offered, chuckling lightly before leading her off around the edges of the sandy beach, a little ways down and around the side of a lightly rocky area to the mentioned rather empty area, leaving a view of the rest of the beach and the people there on the way if she wanted it. "May not be bad to start somewhere... well, somewhere other than me, anyway, but you've got time, at least," he shrugged.

"No one is really my type." She muttered as he lead her away, the man looked particularly ticked off as the fur got to take her away. Hands fisting at his sides. But Cam did nothing to diswade the panda from grabbing her and walking her off, and she didn't move to get away from him. She watched over her shoulder as they got away from the people, another place for a date huh? She liked the idea of quite, empty space.

She tilted her head as he told her she really should start with someone other than him. "You're far more honest than most men I've ever dealt with." She pointed out softy as she looked around the quiet little cove. "Its beautiful." She told him noting that you coudl watch the others, those people didnt' realize that they where watchable. She stood there just taking it in for now examiningthis hiding place. "Is this one of your spots? Between..." She made a slight face. "Owners?"

Even if it was a bit below her breath, his ears perked up slightly to better hear the next thing she said. If the man wasn't her type, then perhaps he himself would have to be a bit picky in who he... introduced her to, so to say, but who knew. He was certain he could find something, at least, given a little time.

"Well... it's not exactly gonna do me much good to be dishonest," he admitted somewhat thoughtfully, giving a little shrug. Crossing his arms idly up behind his head, he wandered over to take the spot he usually did, lowering his arms again and lightly patting the spot next to him, enjoying the feel of the water washing lightly back and forth over his feet. "Something like that, yeah; I've tended to wander a lot during the... sales periods, so to speak, when they didn't have to look me over to see what they were getting or anything, so I've ended up seeing a lot of the general area, including some places like this that not many people seem to really know about," he explained. "I've even ended up taking the occasional odd job during particularly long periods, so... little chance to use and maybe improve the skills I have," he added, chuckling lightly. Whatever the implications, he didn't really seem to mind it. "Not a bad place either to watch the sunset or sunrise, come to that, so... take your pick of the two I've showed you at any given time, I guess. Oh, and... can't help but be curious, but what is your type? For reference, at least," he inquired, tilting his head a little to the side in curiosity. A little personal, perhaps, but he figured he'd at least try asking.

she considered That and agreed. He had no reason to be dishonest. At least as far as she could tell as sh emoved sitting down beside him putting her feet in the water letting it lap at her ankles. Looking around. "Its beautiful." She told him though she wasn't really sure what all he had learned. "What all have you learned?" She asked curiously. Wondering about this panda man who would be coming ino her home. She didn't move from her spot as she looked out at the sky. "Men Lie." she said softly. "I dont... Handle liers well." She sighed. "The one back there... Has a tanline on his finger." She tapped the left ring. "My job... is to notice things. I don't... deal with people without knowing everything I can possibly learn about them as fast as possible."

"Hm... cleaning, cooking, and massaging as you've already seen... where to find stuff in general, though my nose helps with that... taking care of kids, dealing with plenty of different sorts of numbers..." he listed off thoughtfully, concluding it with a slight shrug. "That's about all I can think of at the moment, though I've picked up plenty of other random things as well."

Upon her next comment, he gave a small nod, tilting his head a little to the side. "As for that... well, you're certainly not wrong about handling it, I think, but sometimes it might not be so bad to just go in blind. It might be a little stressful since it'd be different than what you're used to, I suppose, but... well, it's freedom, in a sense. Everyone needs some of that in their lives," he suggested. "You don't seem to be doing too badly with me, at least, even when I basically came out of nowhere," he added, chuckling lightly. "And you don't seem to be doing too badly at letting loose, at least a little, so as for the next step... shall we continue this little dating practice, of sorts? Getting a bit late, so might not be a bad time to grab some dinner before the sun starts to set too far and we miss it," he suggested, standing with a slight stretch and offering a hand to her. "What kinda stuff do ya like eating, anyway? Whatever it is, I'm sure I can point out a place around here with it, or at least something similar."

"I'm in the Carribian. I would guess seafood is the food of choice." She said softly ignoring most of the other suggestions, going in blind, He had no idea how hard it was to accept she'd signed a contract without knowing that landed her with a Fur that she wasn't even sure how to handle. But she took his hand and stood up. He seemed to have pleanty of skills, though he'd have a hard time finding a job in New York. Furs where not... allowed in most buildings let alone working.

She looked at him for a few minutes. "I don't do well not knowing." She said softly. Cam wasn't particularly sure how well she'd adjusted to letting lose and this pet into her world. "I..." She closed her eyes for a second. "...not today." She finally decided. Today she wasn't goign into anything else blind.

"It's fine, not like I plan to press it or anything anyway; that'd do more harm than good, I'm sure. Still have time here anyway, so I'm sure you'll find something," he replied with a little shrug. Naturally, he'd let her take her pace, maybe with a few little prods here and there; he knew how to deal with people well enough at least to know that more than that with her type was just going to mess things up, perhaps badly.

"As for now, right this way... I'll take ya to one of the kinda nicer places that don't cost too much, and more so allow me in. Even for work, for around two days once during a waiting period," he offered, leading the way to just that restaurant, which was open enough to have a table for them almost immediately, without much of any wait. "Well, if we're continuing with the little date simulation of sorts... this'll be my treat, I insist," he said with a light grin, ordering simply water to drink when the waiter came along. "I do have plenty enough money, so don't worry about that, at least," he made sure to add, mostly curious to see what her reaction to the prospect might be.

She pursed her lips listening to the things he said looking at the place, shame there was only so many that would. He was nice. ironically nicer than most humans. She also ordered water as the waiter left she looked back at him. "I can pay." She pointed out. Though she sighed. "Right... date... man pays." She flushed, as it became painfully obvious how little she knew on proper dating edicut. She looked at the menu now looking fo rsomething that was reasonably priced and sounded good.

He couldn't help but chuckle lightly when she spoke, having figured she'd probably pay something like that. Of course, there was the fact that he was a fur, so it probably wasn't the most... normal situation for him to freely pay in such a way, but he arguably wasn't exactly normal, even amongst his kin. "As long as you're not uncomfortable with it or anything," he offered, at the least not wanting to force her into anything. "Hm... may not be too much left to talk about considering all we have, so... long's you don't feel it's prying or anything, how'd you get up to your current position? Just anything ya feel comfortable about mentioning on the subject, of course," he inquired curiously, genuinely interested to know at least a little more.

Camron watched him for a couple of moments as she sat in her chair looking at her water, She ordered fish on a bed of leafy greens and some bread. She sighed some. Though something said she coud tell him everything and he wouldn't judge. SHe foudn that comfort very very strange. "My father worked three jobs." She told him after a moment. "Mother was so sick she could barely manage to cook and I cleaned, did laundry anything else that could possibly need to be done around the house, including watch over my younger sister." She added. As she let looked at her glass for a few more minutes. "She made me promise to do well in school. To go to college and to get a better life. She feared I'd resent her. Honestly I did right up until she died."

She smiled just a little. "But, the promise I made her became my only desire. So, I cleaned houses, Saved money, babysat other peoples children. Waited tables when I turned sixteen, made sure I had a 4.0 all through school. Got a full ride to Harvard." She told him. "Majored in Business management. Learned early how to talk to people, and to listen to people to make them feel important, even if I didnt' give a rats ass what they wanted to tell me. If they thought I did. They where more likely to respect the choices I made. and I learned, by listening, No matter what. That They had valid points and I got noticed, First in the store, then in the district, then I entered the corperate Machine. I worked harder than everyone else. Moved up the ladder. When I became CEO I... highered a friend from a bar to be my secretary." Then she paused gasping. "The contract!" She said suddenly. "Oh I'm going ot kill her."

Plainly enough, the fur listened intently and curiously as she spoke, occasionally taking a somewhat generous bite of his own fish, his different-sized muzzle and sharper teeth easily affording such things. A slight frown came over her face as he did, considering it didn't exactly seem she had the greatest of lives. Perhaps he'd have to do a little something about that, but even then there was only so much he of all people could.

"You can if you need to I suppose, but I'm not really that bad to have around, am I?" he offered, chuckling lightly. Of course he knew who'd done the initial purchase, at least in some general terms; it was impossible for him not to, considering his ownership had transferred briefly through them. "Still... all that does certainly explain plenty about you, so maybe you need some time spent around someone who's generally honest, who'll really listen to what ya say even if it might go against what they say," he openly considered. "For all I know, maybe that's part of the reason that secretary of yours bought me, though I couldn't say since I don't know her," he shrugged.

"But since it's only fair to share in return... there's not all that much to tell about me. Owner to owner, odd job to odd job, and a friendly and kinda free nature that most people don't entirely seem to care for that they couldn't even beat out of me as a kid," he explained with a slight grin. "Just a life where I had to learn by doing since people'd often ask stuff of me without even telling me how to do it. I moved whenever my current owner moved and saw quite a bit, enough to often know whether or not a certain person or place'll accept me anywhere near, and... well, here I am. Not a tiny bit of proper education but still a jack of all trades, of sorts," he chuckled. "And maybe not a bad guy to help getting people to open up, it's seeming like."

Back
Top Bottom