Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warhammer 40,000 Dungeon Crawl

B

Broomhandle45

This is pretty much as simple as it sounds, honestly. And it relies a bit more on fun than any real hardline canon or whatever. It's all freeform, and the basics are pretty simple:

A Hive World has recently been hit with a rather large infestation of Roks, burrowing deep into a main hive. The planetary lord is obviously concerned. and has someone check it out.

Now, here is where the fun and the lack of hardline comes in: You can pretty much decide whatever you'd want for the Imperium. Guardsmen? Sure, Space Marine? Why not.

If it's some mishmash group of a Space Marine, Sister of Battle, a Commisar and an Inquisitor, also fine. The goal is fun and teamwork, so don't expect something super amazing just because you're a Space Marine unless it's in close quarters. Bolters are scary enough anyway...

But, as you can imagine...I'd assume nobody would be so keen as to traverse aimlessly in floor after floor or murderfesting. So I'd also like some suggestions from the interested parties, do you want me to make random goals on each 'floor'? Do you just want floors where you hack and slash your way through a mess of mooks to fight some nifty boss of some kind?

Do you want it to be floor after floor of gore and pain? Do you want some substance, do you want some fanciness? Just lemme know.

I would like to suggest that people should count their ammo. That can create some drama and with things like bolters even more so.

Sounds like a solid idea, I was also considering using a dice system of some kind to determine the actual flow of the combat. A group of 20 people would be represented by that twenty, and people would roll to see what kind of carnage they inflict on the group as a whole, and properly describe it. Ideally speaking I would do the same for characters so I could better promote teamwork, a guy in the middle of a melee is probably easier to hit compared to a dude taking potshots. There'd be a lot of variables there, and the hitpoint/dice concept could keep the battles on an interactive scale and less about just mowing shit down.

Sounds fun, I just wondered if perhaps you could have a general GM, and your Order characters vs Disorder characters as I'd really enjoy playing a Chaos Lord or a Daemonic Herald.

Well, don't I have the biggest egg on my face. I completely forgot to check this thread, glad people are interested. But I see that nobody has really answered my above question?

As for Order vs Disorder...unsure yet, guess it depends on what everyone is doing. I was mostly thinking it being a one sided deal. But that's up to the people I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom