Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An AU Naruto-esque Large Group RP Interest Check

Crystal Raine

Planetoid
Ok, this is my very first Group RP attempt but I would really like to see it take off and become something amazing, to become its own autonomous entity that basically keeps itself in check...but I need all of YOU to help make that happen.

The Concept

I want to start a large group RP based around the idea of a modern day Naruto. Essentially it is just Naruto taking place in the present day world. The big differences other then the date are: No Canon characters and ninjas hide themselves from the world rather then being known to the world as it is in Naruto. I am sure there is another anime that would describe this idea a bit better but Naruto is what came to mind as I thought this up. As for the overall plot, I am a bit on the fence about that. I have been considering it taking place in an academy of sorts that had a cover of a boarding school.(If you are an X-Men fan think about the Xavier Institute for Gifted Children) The problem with that idea is that I would need teachers for the classes, and I would rather be a student then a teacher...though if a couple of you would be interested in teaching please let me know and we should be able to work something out.

The other idea is that we collectively (or in small groups) belong to a Clan of ninjas and occasionally receive orders from our faceless clan leader with missions. If we go this route there would be much greater freedom in what our characters can do...and I alone or me and a helper or two could send out the orders and leave it up to all of you to form your teams with the other characters you have met. This second choice would work more like a job request board, basically I would create a list of jobs and it would be up to you guys and gals to RP the job to completion. (Be creative, make it fun.)

The Rules (Subject to change)

1. No godmodding. (Everyone has a weakness. Everyone is human, so you are not invincible. No one has the power to destroy a universe by blinking.)
2. You only control your own character. If you would like to move someone else to a more convenient location send them a PM and ask to do so. You can't attack for them or force them to take a hit...that is just unfair.
3. If there is going to be sex involved that is non consensual or otherwise taboo make sure your partner or partners are ok with it through a PM.
4. Have fun!
(I shouldn't have to say this but just on case...ALL OF THE SITE RULES APPLY! If you are unsure of any of them Click Here to refamiliarize yourself with them.)

I definitely want input on this. Do you think it needs more rules? Does it need more polishing? Do you want something specific added? Any questions, comments, criticism, or praise feel free to share it here. I want to make this something everyone can enjoy. ^_^

I'm kind of interested on how this would work...

I'm more liking the School idea [Loved X-men] and would be interested in being a teacher.

Well I know you are just oozing awesomeness Kara so if I can find a couple more teachers to work alongside you that has a very strong chance of happening.

At the risk of sounding like a total Narutard, I absolutely love this idea and would love to make this my first group RP here on Blue Moon. Furthermore, I already have a character idea ready that I've always wanted to play in the Narutoverse that would be best suited for the role of a teacher. I've never really liked playing younger, student-aged characters in school-based RPs, myself, so this all works out for everyone.

As far as input on the rules, I would suggest that pre-existing Kekkei Genkai (such as the Byakugan, Sharingan, and the special elemental seal releases) be highly regulated and that player-created Kekkei Genkai be submitted for the other players to see and voice concerns about before they are approved for use. Many Kekkai Genkai (the Rinnegan comes to mind here) are not powers that I, personally, would allow player characters to have do to the justifiable control and god-modding capabilities that they could afford someone. My own character idea involves a Kekkei Genkai that I created just for the concept and, once we get some more support, I would be happy to post (along with a character bio) for everyone to take a look over. It does afford a small amount of over-poweredness given the right circumstance, but I have included a number of drawbacks to the powers that balance it out. besides, if I am to play a teacher then I might need an edge to keep certain students in line.

Aside from that, I would limit certain jutsu as well. If most of the people in the RP are playing as students, then there should be some kind of system put into place to limit their jutsu. I suggest this:

All Students should be able to use the three basic E-Class jutsu required for ninja academy students from the manga/show are required to master in order to become Genin. These are the Substitution Jutsu, the Clone Jutsu, and the Transformation Jutsu.

Beyond that, I would say that 'Freshman' level Ninja should be allowed to have up to four D Rank Jutsu and one C Rank Jutsu when they fist join the RP. More Jutsu can be learned as they RP the process of learning them, of course, but I feel that this is a generous start for freshman-class ninja.

'Sophomore' ninja should be allowed up to five D-Class Jutsu, up to two C-Class Jutsu, and one B-Class Jutsu.

'Juniors' should have up to Six D-Class Jutsu, up to three C-Class Jutsu, and up to three B-Class Jutsu.

'Seniors' should have up to seven D-Class Jutsu, up to four C-Class Jutsu, up to three B-Class Jutsu, and one A-Class Jutsu.

I would advise not allowing students access to S-Class Jutsu without special training from a teacher or other high-ranking figure with the ability.

That is my two cents, if you choose to go with the Freshman-Senior school system of modern times. I'd love to hear from anyone else interested what they would think of this.

EDIT!!!

I have only just realized how small the number of available list of D-Rank Jutsu is. If you choose to use the formula that I presented above, then I further suggest allowing new characters (regardless of class level) to trade two of their D-Rank choices for an extra C-Rank. That is if they do not want to design their own D-Rank techniques, of course.

Oh wow....I watched Naruto but I don't remember much about it. I personally didn't like the anime to much....thought it focused to much on Sasuke....not to mention I found Naruto himself annoying as all hell....

At least someone enjoyed it and remembered that much...it's a pretty good idea.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I'll second that the show was terrible in the English dub. I can only watch Naruto if it's been English subbed over the original Japanese voice acting. The English VA is so ear-splitting.

I've seen both and while Subbed Naruto is less annoying I just couldn't get behind the anime itself. They had some good characters in there and it had potential....I dunno I just thought it fell really short of what it COULD have been.

I can see that. I kind of felt the same way about Bleach. But that isn't what we are here to discuss and I don't want to get us side-tracked. Hopefully, we will get a fair number of responses throughout the day.

Well now, that is the kind of response I could only hope to get. :) I agree with you wholeheartedly Deviant and there will be limitations put in place once I get to the point of accepting Characters. I have a template made for characters but thanks to a little help from Kara I will be modifying it some...and with your input I may be adding just a bit more.

If you wouldn't mind PMing me your OC I would definitely consider you for a teaching position.

Roger that. I will be heading to bed soon, as I work overnights, but I will get that to you when I wake up for the day. I have also made a small edit to my suggestion post that you might want to check out. Picking seven skills out of a list that is only twenty available jutsu might have been a little overwhelming to some people and might have made them feel obligated to take skills 'just because'.

I did catch your edit, though I am still a bit up in the air as to how I will be handling that. I want to impart a fair amount of freedom in character creation, without getting ridiculous of course, and that leaves alot up to the imagination. I am really hoping to see many unique Jutsus pop up in this game, but I may provide a list of existing Jutsus for those who can't think of something else.

Thank you very much for the suggestions though, you may very likely see a few of them appear in the Character Template by the time I open up character creation. :D

Ah hahahahaha!

Seems someone else is interested in this idea. =p

Teacher biography submission has been sent. I might have gone a little overboard on the jutsu, but I am applying for a position as a teacher, so I took most of the skills that looked like they would fit the clan and character.

It looks fine Deviant, though we will definitely need more people to show interest if there is gonna be any teachers here. I would like to see three students per teacher and so far we have two potential teachers and one student. If you two can think of people who might be interested feel free to send them here, I will be doing the same.

Couldn't have said it better myself Deviant. :D That brings us to two potential teachers and two potential students. I would like to see us at about three students per teacher before I put up the Character template because at that pmpoint were could get started.

I could play a student, if need be. I simply applied for a position as a teacher because I figured that the majority of people would want to play students and I didn't want to have us stuck with no teachers. We can wait a another few days to see who else turns up before we make that decision.

Hey everybody, I have some bad news. Unforeseen circumstances in my life are going to be pretty much dominating all of my free time for a while so I am not gonna be able to do much with this group, if anything, until I get my life sorted.

I am really happy to see people showing interest and would love to get this off the ground bit I just don't have the time. For now this group is on hiatus, though if anyone wants to run with the idea and take over feel free, otherwise I will pick things back up from here when things settle back down.

Back
Top Bottom