Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A princess' wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just... call my name... in the forest. I'll find you. And... I'll be waiting... at the edge... at sunset tomorrow." Irvine said, before getting up. He'd end up just staying here, touching and tasting and feeling her, if he didn't leave shortly. He needed to grab a little control of himself. Plus, he should probably start hunting the ones who tried to ambush her. Irvine wasn't going to let that happen again. Samantha was precious, was beautiful, was... his now. He'd fight for her. Mates. That was what they were now, from what he could guess based on animals. That was all he had to compare it to, since his family was gone, and he'd avoided people. That weren't what his parents had been, you needed some human thing for that he didn't know, but mates. That he could understand. That she was to be protected he understood. And he'd learned nature's lessons well. Kill or be killed. And Irvine wouldn't let that happen to Samantha. He slipped out of the bed, and quickly pulled on his clothes. "I promise, I'll be at the edge." He said to her in his first full sentence, without stops, before vanishing out the door.

She watched him leave and could only nod as he left. She smiled feeling satisfied. Was she really in love already or was this feeling only temporarely? She wondered why he would want to protect her besides the fact that she was a princess. If she wasn't maybe he wouldn't. She shook her head and got up putting her dress back and goes to the kitchen as her hunger brought her back go her normal life.

He silently and swiftly slipped out of the castle, his only detour to grab his deerskin, homemade clothes and his weapons. As he once more walked the trails of the forest, he find himself wishing he could show Samantha this. Could teach her about the forest, how the animals moved, and how to move with the forest. It was something to think about, as he hunted his supper. Once that was done, he started tracking the ambushers from yesterday. He had been too interested in Samantha to look into this before, plus if immediately tracked, they would have expected it. Now, whoever they were had had a day to relax, or to become too on guard, paranoia hindering them. Irvine planned on finding out what he could, and track them down if able. He wouldn't let such a threat exist if he could help it.

She thought about how he could hunt his own food and find his own way around the woods so well. She didn't see much less hear those men yesterday when she was in the woods. She went to her room to and sat down at her desk pondering all the things that happened just in the past twenty four hours as she took out a piece of paper to write a letter to her parents for one of the servants to bring to them. She thought about mentioning Irvine in her letter but decided to not say much. She just mentioned she met someone very kind and helpful but didn't say any names or try to hint about who it might be. She smiled as she put the pen down the pen she was using and went to look out the window to the forest area wondering what he might be doing. She thought about how amazing she felt earlier as he loved her and a broad smile spread across her lips and bit her lip as she thought about what they would do tomorrow and as she got out of her dress and into her revealing night gown. She slipped into bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

It took some time, trailing them into the village without being seen, but he did. But the important one, the richer man with different materials for clothes, had already left, meaning he'd have to leave for days, and he had a promise to keep. Oh well, he'd find out eventually. To sleep, he thought, and seeing her face tomorrow. He fell asleep far sooner than he normally did.

She got up early and got dressed. She ate breakfast and thought how much went on yesterday. She wondered if he knew how she felt about him. She gave the letter to a servant to send to her parents. She didn't expect them to respond right away from her letter but at least they would know that she was alright. She looked out her bedroom window as the sun was coming up. She must have been there for awhile as she felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around in surprise.

"Princess, are you alright?" The servant asked. "You've been staring outside at least an hour." He hesitated a moment, before saying, "Are you thinking about... that young man from yesterday? If you don't mind, could you tell me who he is? I'd like to know who's visiting the castle." And know what I can tell Baron Fitzjames. He thought to himself, unwilling to act directly, but willing to be paid for information.

She seems surprised that he seemed to notice or realize someone else was in the castle other than her and the servants. She thought a minute trying to come up with something about him. She scratched her head realizing that she really didn't know much of anything about him. "He was someone who I just met a couple days ago in the woods when I was ambushed by some strange men. I don't know much else besides the fact that he lost his family some years ago. Actually, it must have been about the same time that I lost my brother." She looks down and quickly glancing outside. She goes to her closet unknowingly and runs her fingers over her clothes.

"I see. It was good he rescued you then. Why didn't you tell anyone?" The servant asked, unknowing of the truths that would be found by him sending a message that night to Baron Fitzjames. Or that eventually he'd be hanged.

"Tell anyone what? That I wanted to go on my own for a walk without telling anyone? Can't I do anything freely on my own? I'm old enough to not have to tell everything about what I'm doing or thinking." She felt a bit offended that one of her servants was asking her all this about someone she had just met and known for only a couple days.

"I suppose that could be a problem, but don't you think it's worrisome that people tried to kidnap you just outside the castle?" The servant replied, acting as if concerned.

"I didn't know, I haven't been out of the castle grounds in years. I am more aware now though. Why does it seem like you're so curious to know all this suddenly?" Looks back and says, "I guess you must have known about someone sneaking in here to get me yesterday?"

He looks aghast. Whether it's the accusation or the fact it's the truth is unknown to Samantha. "No Princess! I had no knowledge of it until I heard some upset guards talking about it." In fact, he wasn't aware of either attempts until after the fact. They did not surprise him though. He knew what his benefactor wanted, and his current method of attempting to get it.

She just seemed a little hesitant and a little curious as to why one of the servants would want to know about all this. She didn't feel right about something here. "I want to be alone to think. I have something to do also." She starts to look over her shoes carefully wondering if the servant happened to know Irvine's name from when she was calling him out yesterday.

"Alright Princess." He said, then he left, planning on writing a report as soon as he had the chance, and sending it to Baron Fitzjames. It was mostly informing what Samantha had told him concerning Irvine, with that tidbit about the timeframe. When he sent it, he had no idea how the Baron would react, or what it would mean for Samantha and Irvine, when the truth about ten years ago comes out.

She sat down and thought about what to say or do when he sees him layer that evening. She changed her shoes into something more comfortable thinking about what might happen tonight and just thinking if the worst case scenario possible. Maybe he has been spying on them all this time and was going to tell her parents like another one of the other servants did before and remembered how that went afterwards. She layed on her bed not wanting to think of what might happen to him if her parents don't approve or one of her attackers gets him off guard and...she didn't want to think about that. She finally came down to eat dinner and she took longer to eat this time than normal as she moved the food around on her plate for a minute before eating it. She went to put on her favorite perfume and put her hair up trying to make it look nice. She looked around as she slowly snuck her way out and to the edge of the woods to find him again. She stepped in just a couple feet into the woods and stopped. "Irvine, where are you?" she called not too loudly this time looking around.

Irvine's day was quiet, peaceful... lonely. A slowly gaining awareness that his life, for a long time, was empty, with nothing but the forest and force of will to keep him going. After breakfast, he had poured over the few mementos he had from before the fire. His old clothes, his mother's earrings, and his father's ring. It had an engraving in it that he didn't know the meaning of. He eventually put them in their hidden safe spot, and hunted his evening meal down. After that, he waited until he heard her call for him. He'd waited by the edge of the forest, ancient patience holding him in good stead. When he saw her, she was eye-catching, and forced him to take all of her beauty in. When she called his name, he walked out, dressed the same as the day they met. "Hello, Samantha. How are... you?"

Sees him coming and smiles a little seeing that he's okay. "I'm good just a little troubled. One of the servants was asking a bunch of questions about why I left without telling anyone and who you were and it got me wondering why. But I guess its human curiosity and I guess it was just typical for him to ask that." She looked up at him to see if she saw any reaction. Her hand moves to his chest "I don't want to worry you or make you not want to come to the castle anymore."

Irvine shrugged. "It doesn't... matter. People will... question. Please come with me. I'd... like to show you the forest. To let you see it the way I do." Irvine says, holding his hand to lead her in.

She was relieved to hear him say that. She knew it was just her imagination going wild but also had second thoughts about what the servant might do with such information. She took his hand and followed him further into the woods looking around at everything seeing the different birds and creatures. She hardly believed he lived here in the woods for so long.

It was enjoyable for Irvine, showing her the different animals most people didn't notice, the plants and the different effects they had. It was nice to share the insular world of the forest, that few got to see. He showed all the little nooks and crannies they came across, as well as all the hidden paths most people missed. What trees were good for wood into arrows, bows, and spears, each weapon using a different wood. The plants that were good for eating, and the ones that were good for eating. He usually told these facts with a relevant story about this or that happening to him. He'd had a variety of injuries and adventures in the forest, each time a different thing or reason the cause. After several hours, they ended up at a waterfall. "I've always enjoyed coming here." Irvine says, having slowly been getting more and more full sentences and less pauses as they walked through the woods.

She tried to take in all the information in that he was telling amazed at everything he knew. She took note of all these little hiding spots and areas to hideaway. She stayed close by so she wouldn't get lost. As they got in view of the waterfall she gasped not knowing that it existed here. She looked at it in awe seeing how the water fell so gracefully and the water looked so clear she could see the rocks and everything at the bottom. "Oh its so wonderful here"

"That would be nice." She didn't hesitate and she slipped off her dress remembering she forgot to put anything underneath but not really ashamed of it as he already saw her naked. She slowly put her foot into the cool clear water and put the other one in.

Irvine takes off his clothes, uncaring of either's nakedness. He only wore the clothes as protection from wildlife. He then walked into the water, enjoying the freshness and tranquility of the waterfall, and the company he was with. Slowly, lazily he began to swim, keeping an eye out, for any plants that might be worth using for a meal, any animals that come their way, or more men trying to take her. He didn't believe that anyone would have followed them, but no sense in being completely unaware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom