Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A princess' wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine nodded. "Very well..." He said, and waited until she left. Then he began to wash himself quickly, but efficiently. When he was done, he dressed again, noticing that the servants had replaced his clothes with something less... useful. They weren't tough or enduring. He supposed they looked nice, and were kinda tight, but they didn't seem to be any ability to take or block anything that would attack him in the woods. Irvine let the bath room and joined Samantha in the dining room. He stood in the doorway for a moment in time. Samantha must have changed clothes, or done something. She was no longer pretty. She was beautiful.

She looks up to see he had finished and sees the difference. "Come in, breakfast is ready. I hope it's to your liking." Watches him come in the room eyeing me carefully as if he met me for the first time. "You look good, it looks like a bath did something for you." She pats the seat beside her for him to sit by her as he still seems to be a bit awkward. "No one is going to hurt you here."

Irvine nods. He wasn't really sure what to do, so sat next to her cautiously, like a cat sitting down but expects to be attacked, with wary attention paid to everything. He wasn't sure what she wanted, but figured eating had something to do with it. If only he know what to do. Everything looked very different from his usual breakfast. But since his breakfast was usually freshly killed an d cooked bird with various berries, that was understandable.

Notices his hesitance to eat. "I guess you're not used to eating the same things as we do here in the palace but I am sure you would like it." Runs her hand over his giving it a squeeze to encourage him. She takes another bite of her food trying not to stare too much as she just couldn't help noticing how much better he looked and just thinking that he is a bit cute.

Irvine hesitantly followed her lead, and enjoyed breakfast with her. "Thank... you." He said after they were done eating. He wondered if she had something else planned.

Smiles a little seeing that he finally finished. She wanted to ask him but didn't want to be rude. "I was just wondering....how did you learn all that? I mean yesterday you were so good with the bow and arrow you seemed just as good as a lot of our archers here. It seems like you've been practising a long time." She stops realizing she must be talking too much and looks down. She just hadn't talked to anyone besides her parents and the servants occasionally and she just seemed to have been talking a lot without noticing it until now.

"Over... ten years... of surviving... where eating... meant hunting... so I had... to get good." Xavier replied. He didn't mind the question. It had been just as long since he'd talked to people. Ever since his father... He notices Samantha's sudden silence. "Is... everything... alright?"

"Yes it's okay, I just thought I was talking too much and making you uncomfortable." Looks up at him trying to make him understand. She suddenly clears her throat and stands up "We can't just sit here all day can we?" The servants come to clear our dishes. "Can I show you something?"

"Follow me." She starts to walk out of the dining room looking back to see him follow upstairs and we walk down the hall to another of what used to be a bedroom. It was a bit emotional for her to come in here as it used to be her brothers room. She goes into the closet and finds a machete that her brother used to use. "This was my brothers, he used it all the time. I don't have any use for as I never figured out how to use it. I would like you to have it as you would seem to get a lot of use out of it."

"I... thank you." Irvine was shocked. He hadn't received anything from anyone for a long time, he had to make everything he'd used himself, let alone something that was obviously significant to her. "Who... was your... brother?" He asked, curious about the former owner, and why she was sad. It bothered him more than he thought, and wanted to help her. But he didn't know anything about the subject, so didn't know what to do.

She looked down unsure of where to start. "He was a good brother always wanted to help me and protect me. I did everything with him and we used to play outside all the time. We were happy. I was devastated when he died ten years ago. I don't think anyone could love me as much as he did." She tries not to cry as she bit her lower lip as she never cried in front of anyone other than her parents.

Irvine slowly reaches and pulls her into a hug, unsure if this is what she wants, what she needs. But he wanted to comfort her, to help her heal. Like he wanted someone to over a decade ago, when...
"My family... was killed... ten years ago... the cottage... was burned down. I escaped... because I was... small. I'd squeezed... myself out... of a hole... I used to... sneak out... at night. I tried... to free them... to save them. I failed... but it wasn't... my fault. The doors... were nailed... and the windows... were covered. They... were murdered... my dad... was hiding... and found. I don't... know why. Or can't remember. Time... heals. But it doesn't... leave nothing. You can... still remember... your brother. The good... the bad... all that... he was... can live on... with you. In you." Irvine said. The fire, burning everything he'd ever known, still haunted his dreams on occasion. But he was mostly over it.

She seemed surprised that he hugged her like that but hugged him back hearing him losing some people in his family too. "I never really talked about it with anyone else like that. The servants never want to talk about it in front of us because they know it can be painful. Its good to know someone else understands." She is quiet again as she goes to look out the window in the room.

Irvine felt warmth, pleasure, and something else when Samantha hugged him. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was making him look at her as she stood at the window. The moment, her looking at the world out and beneath, and him watching her with the window as a backdrop, seemed to last forever. A servant came in at some point. "Princess Samantha, a letter from your parents has arrived." He said, before handing it to her.

"Thank you" She opened it quickly after he left and it was a message from them saying they might come later than expected as her cousin is about to have a baby any day and they wanted to be there to help. They missed her very much and wished they were there right now as it must be lonely with just the servants around. She looked up and smiled a bit as they didn't she made a new friend. She went to her room to put it away when she noticed her window was open when she didn't remember opening it. She thought that maybe one of the servants must have opened it earlier and forgot to close it as a breeze swept through her hair as she went to close it.

Irvine followed Samantha into her room when she went to but the letter away. He assumed it was a good message, since she smiled while reading it. When she looked at the window, he looked as well. And froze. It was open now, but wasn't opened earlier. Someone had been here, and at the least opened the weapon. Irvine took a moment to focus, drowning out each detail he took in with his senses, a trick he used when hunting to find prey. Ignore his own breathing and heartbeat. Ignore the gentle wisp of wind in his ear and against his exposed skin. Ignore Samantha, her beauty, her breathing, her heartbeat, her slight perfume. Ignore the faint breathing and heartbeat coming from the wooden doors in her room (walk-in closet). Wait... Irvine focused and moved, taking a grasp on the hilt of the dagger he'd kept on him. A sharp opening from the presumed blindside of whoever was within, and he was face to face with a surprised man in black clothing. Immediately Irvine drew and struck out with the dagger. The man dodged in time and drew his own dagger. The following fight was a fierce exchange of quick and sudden strikes, Irvine having instinct and youth, while the man in black had skill.

She turned around quickly and screamed seeing someone and gotten inside when they were not in the room. Kept herself composed and didn't know what she should do if she should run and hide somewhere or try to help him fend off this intruder. She took an old vase on the dresser and brought it down onto the intruders head just in time and broken pieces of pottery fell on the floor as he fell on the floor but still conscience somewhat. She froze not sure what to do next.

Irvine struck after the man dropped, using his dagger's hilt to knock the man unconscious. Dozens of cuts and nicks cover his arms from the fight, the sleeves of his shirt in ribbons. "Sorry about that." Irvine said. "Room felt... off. With the... open window. So I... checked the room. With a... hunting trick. Are you... okay?" He hoped so. And that today's excitement was over.

She was relieved the intruder was knocked out and she was breathing a bit more heavy from the tension. She leaned up against the wall and nodded "I'm okay". She got a few minor scraps on her chest and arms but nothing big. She saw his arm bleeding and got concerned. "Come here" she sat him down on the bed and got a servant to go get some warm water and something to clean him off. She looked up at him grateful he was there yet again in saving her. "I am very grateful for you saving my life again" she said softly as she touched his cheek moving some hair out of his face. She had a sudden urge to kiss him but thought it was silly of her as they only met the day before and didn't want him to think that's all she wanted from him. The servant came back with another one with a bucket of warm water and some clean bandages as they efficiently and quickly cleaned off the blood and bandaged him up. The body was also carried out of the room and cleaned up. She was happy that was over with now.

"Got... any other... surprises around?" Irvine asked, a slight smile on his face. The wounds didn't bother him. He'd had worse, like the time he'd ended up on the wrong side of a boar's tusks. He was still surprised he hadn't died then. "Do you... have a safe... place to... hold him?" Irvine asked more seriously. "It might... be a good... idea to... have him... questioned." It was the _second_ time she'd been the prey. It bothered him that someone was after Samantha.

She smiles at the first question as the servants left and closed the door behind them. "They're taking him to the dungeon in outside of the castle, its guarded well so if he ever tried escaping he'll get it." She looks at him as she sits on the bed beside him pushing his hair away to see his eyes. "You look tired, I could let you sleep here for awhile. I don't mind letting you use my bed for what you have already done for me." She looked in his eyes trying to make him see she was being sincere.

Irvine looked in her eyes a moment, questions and fears swirling in his for a moment, before he nodded. "Sure... I could use... some rest... after that... fight." Sleeping had become a luxury to him, since he needed to hunt for food everyday, both that meal and for winter. But he could rest here, under her gaze, he supposed. He laid down, and was asleep nearly instantly. Lines of worry, stress and fear faded, leaving his face to look like his age of 23 instead of a decade older.

She was tired herself from thinking too much last night which kept her up late. She put her head on the pillow after seeing him fall asleep and closed her eyes a smile on her face as she slept. She didn't know why she was so happy all of a sudden but she guessed it was because she found a new friend. She didn't know how long she slept but her eyes fluttered open to find him still there.

Irvine woke up hours later, feeling... refreshed. At ease for once. And immediately found out why. Samantha was here. Sharing the bed. Right next to him. He felt... warm, almost hot, despite it being the harvest season. He had no idea why, but watching her sleep made him want to kiss her. Want to pull her close and hug her tight. Unsure of what these feelings were, or what they meant, he merely watched her sleep, until she woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom