Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A princess' wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannyface87

Planetoid
Samantha is a regular kind of girl except she is a princess who has been very secluded in her childhood but since she turned 21, she decided to explore the outside world more. She felt very small and insignificant and unnoticed after her brother died as the two of them were an inseperable duo. They did so many things together and got each other in trouble but it all ended up in a mutual agreement with each other and their parents. He would love to spoil her and always want to try getting the things she wanted as he was a very generous dotting brother. Their parents didn't want to let them out of the premises of the outside garden without them nearby. After her brother had been trampled over by a horse and died shortly afterwards at only 23, she was devasted and didn't talk much to anyonre afterwards even to the few friends she had. She was in her room in the upper level of the castle looking out her window looking out into the forest where a trail was where her family used to go for horse rides into town as a child. She hasn't gone down that trail in over a decade since her brother died but she had an itch to go explore the trail again. She put on a simple dress hoping no one in town will see her as just a princess much less recognize her. As she put it on, she was a little bothered that her bust had to be as big as it was as she tried adjusting the top part of the dress as it was a bit tight. She put on some comfortable walking shoes on and slipped out the door without anyone noticing her leave and quickly slipped into the woods where the trail was. She followed this path looking around taking everything in watching all the different birds and small animals run around to their various destinations. As she walked along she doesn't think that she is being watched by someone from outside the castle living quarters.

He had lived alone in the woods for years. Outside the castle, outside the influence of others. Nothing but nature since he was 12. He remembered that he'd had a life before that, but it didn't matter. It had been over a decade ago. He avoided people, because he'd been hunted by people once. He didn't know or couldn't remember why, but they had. So he lived alone in the woods, with spear, bow, and wit keeping him fed and safe.

He knew the trails, and knew the habits of the knights who walked them and the hunters who used them. So he was curious who was defying all of that, and walking the path now. A look from the shadows revealed a girl. He hadn't seen many of them, mostly those who wandered through the woods with a group of knights. He watch and wait, see what she did. Patience was something he'd learn a long time ago.

As she walked through the woods she stopped suddenly seeing the imprint of horse hooves trying to think of who could have been riding a horse down this path besides her parents. It was rare for her parents to ride their horses anywhere anymore since their son's death. A tear rolled down her cheek as she had a quick flashback of the incident. She didn't think anyone could love her to the same capacity or even to a higher one than that of her brother as the tear fell to the ground. She shook her head and kept going keeping her face down.

He watched as the girl kept going. He followed silently, wondering where she was going, why she was out here. He moved forward, when he noticed that there were men further up the path. Men hidden for an ambush. An urge to help the girl came to him, along with a memory of his mother. "There are terrible things that can be done to women. It's men's job to make sure they don't." So, with this fragment of memory guiding him, he readied to interfere at the right moment.

Toby Fitzjames had been waiting months for this. An opportunity to kidnap Princess Samantha. He wanted a bargaining chip against the King to stop his reforms of nobility, and he'd get the best one. Plus, he might be able to get some ... fun... out of it. A servant in his pay had informed him when the princess left. Loop around her on horses, and nab her off the trail. Nice and simple. "Now." He said, once the princess was in the right spot.

He let loose an arrow once the man in the tree started to move. It knocked him off the tree and would kill him soon. It was a lung shot. He moved forward, out of cover and into view of the girl, firing arrows at the men with an accuracy born from years of practice and life or death situations. When the men were dead or gone, he turned to the girl.

He was dressed in deerskin, from his boots to his pants to his shirt. A spear on his back and a now loosely held in his left hand, ready to string the arrow in his right. He had black hair and blue eyes, and stood 5'10". "Hi." He said, his voice rusty from lack of use. He hadn't needed to talk in over ten years. "I'm... Irvine." He almost forgotten, he hadn't used or heard it in so long.

Pretty much screams in terror and shields her face with her arms turning away from seeing the men getting killed. She looked around after she didn't hear anything except for the small squirrels and birds that were flying about in terror and looks to see who it was that was shooting all the arrows. Gasps quietly upon looking over the fellow or whoever it was. "Oh um..." stutters a bit. Unsure of what to say to this creature. "I am Samantha but.... I guess already know that." Looks down and shuffles her feet in the dirt. "I.....didn't expect that."

Irvine nods. "Be more... careful. Ambush... for you." He said, before turning and looking through the dead men's clothes for things. A dagger he kept, and left the rest behind, all the papers and insignias meant nothing to him. "Know... any of them?" He asked.

If she cared to look, the insignia would be House Fitzjames, and the papers would be orders from the current Lord Fitzjames, and a ransom note demanding money and to stop pushing her father's latest reforms.

Looks around in disgust at some of them and shakes my head "I don't think so, I haven't been out of the castle for so long or haven't seen anyone besides family that I wouldn't be able to tell you who anyone is....besides my family of course." Looks around again a little curious "You wouldn't know why these men would be after me would you?" Looks a bit disgusted by the scene as I back away from the bodies as the smell of blood becomes emminent. Looks down again suddenly realizing she is right in front of him as she sees his feet directly in front of hers. Blushes slightly and turns.

Irvine shakes his head. "Don't... normally... show myself. Live... alone." She was... pretty? Was that the word? It'd been so long since he'd really met others. Just looking from a distance to be safe. "Best if... you go home. It isn't... safe, if they... come with more men. I can... walk you home. If you wish..." He wanted her to be safe. And she needed to be protected. No weapons, and she had frozen up when the men had started to fall.

"Who the hell was that?!" Toby Fitzjames demanded after they had run far enough. The two men left with him of the dozen he'd brought didn't respond. He grinded his teeth. It had been perfect! No guards, no security, and some stranger ruined it! If he ever got a hold of whoever interfered, he would make them _suffer_. "Come on. Let's go." He'd have to keep on eye out for another opportunity. And for whoever that man was.

She looks around suddenly frightened that she was left alone with this stranger. She suddenly starts to run in the direction of the castle hardly looking back only to see who is following besides the stranger she had just met. She comes in sight of the castle and almost falls over within just a few feet of the castle. She collapses onto the ground tired from the sudden sprint of running. She's panting trying to catch her breath as her hand comes to her chest as it noticeably heaves up and down from her heavy breathing. She feels like she is about to fant as her hand suddenly comes to her forehead feeling how much sweat is already running down. She quickly looks looks around her to see if the stranger that was with a moment ago was anywhere in sight.

Irvine ran after, quietly and quickly. She seemed unused to running. When she went past the forest boundaries, he stood there and watched. So she lived at the castle. He waved when she turned and looked in his direction. She looked different, sweating on the ground. An urge, to run over and kiss her, like he vaguely remembered his father doing to his mother took him. Instead, he watched, both her, and the surroundings. No need to assume safety yet.

She laid back in the grass tired and surprised no one had come to help her inside the castle she remembered her parents being out of town on business for some days to see her relatives. She saw Irvine near the edge of the woods wondering why he hadn't followed her all the way. She thinks its because she's a princess and within sight of the castle so he didn't want anyone to see him with her near the castle. She was hoping she would be wrong though as she faints.

Irvine stared a moment, then walked towards her. When she didn't react to his touch, he sighed and picked her up. He didn't have any idea where she was supposed to be. Irvine carried her bridal style into the castle. He asked the first servant he came across, "Living... Quarters?" The servant stared a moment, then guided him to the closest bed. "Thank... you." The servant nodded and left to return to his duties. Irvine waited, wanting to make sure she was okay. He'd fainted from hunger once in the winter, and had nearly died. He didn't want her to die.

She stirred slightly her lips moving. She mumbled the word water as she started gasping for air again. She looked around the room quietly suddenly realizing she was in her room and seeing Irvine there by her side. "Did you really...bring me here?"

"Yes. You... fainted. I was... worried. Have you... eaten recently?" The room, now that he took the time the notice, it was more extravagant than the dress she wore suggested. "Why... were you outside... alone? And are you... important?" He felt out of place, in his clothes and uncertain speech.

Sees that he seems uncomfortable here. "I didn't mean to get in trouble I just wanted to get away and explore the outside world. I haven't been outside of these walls much less outside of the palace grounds." Looks at him and sighs "I do need some water and I have not yet had lunch" looking at him "have you had something today?"

Irvine shook his head. He usually ate after he hunted, unless injury stopped him from hunting. "I'll get you... something." He replied, before turning and leaving. He looked for the closest servant, and was given directions to the kitchen. There, he was forced to wait until, "A meal worthy of royalty!" was made. He then brought it back to her along with a pitcher of water. "Here." He said, hoping she'd eat. Not eating was bad, in his extensive experience with it. He recognized some of the things as food from the forest, but a decent amount he'd never seen before. And it was more than the meals he was used to.

"Thank you" she said quietly with a smile "You don't have to do this."She looked at the large amount of food that was on the tray and didn't think she would be able to eat all of it. She saw there was two glasses on the tray to pour the water so she poured one and drank and started to eat but then looked up at him. She saw hom looking over all the food. She takes a drumstick of chicken and handes it to him knowing he probably didn't eat for a while and must have been hungry after all the excitement that went on in the woods. At the same time she poured some more water in the other glass giving him that too.

Irvine looks a moment, and says, "Thank you." Before taking it. It wasn't meat he was familiar with, but she seemed to enjoy it. He sat down and quietly enjoyed it. He tried to smile, but it had been a long time since he'd dealt with others. So it was slight, and small, only those looking for it would find it. He drank the water afterwards. Irvine stood up and said, "If you're... well then I... best leave. I don't... belong here. Take care... and goodbye." He turned, and began to walk out the door.

Watches him as he eats then as he gets up to leave. "Wait...Irvine!" she says quickly just he leaves the room. "I....just want to say thank you for helping me, I didn't mean to disturb you or anything. I guess I should have just been more careful." Blushes slightly as she stops chewing her food to see what he would say.

Irvine turns a moment, and tries to smile again. "If you need... my help again... just call for me... in the woods. I'll hear you... take care." He replied, before vanishing. It may not be the woods, but the castle had it's own shadows and hiding places. He eventually trekked back to his home, deep within. But something he'd never had before was troubling him. Loneliness. It had been strange and different, talking and interacting with another person after so long, but it had been... fun? joyful? good, at any rate. He found himself wandering if he'd see he again. His days had been filled with hunting, harvesting, and surviving. Now, as he drifted to sleep with the stars above, he found himself planning on watching the castle tomorrow. To try and see her again, the woman he'd rescued.

As she was in bed that night she thought about how she could have been kidnapped and held hostage by those men that Irvine killed just in time. She didn't know how long he's been living alone in the woods but she was happy that he saved her but didn't want to think about what else could have happened to her by the hand of those men. She wanted to do something for him but wasn't sure what. She suddenly smiles of an idea that she did have as she fell asleep. The next morning she shot up out of bed right away as soon as she wolk up and got dressed. She saw the sun rising from her window as she got dressed and she ran down the stairs and soon was outside near the woods where she was before she wandered off inside and almost got kidnapped. It was still a little bit dark and misty in the woods. "Irvine! Irvine!!!!!" she started shouting as she didn't want to go in the woods after what happened the day before and she didn't know where he was staying.

Irvine awoke in the dark, before dawn. It was easier to hunt some prey then. Quickly dressing, he grabbed bow, spear, and dagger before heading out to hunt. He hadn't caught anything when he heard the girl calling his name. He ran as fast as he could, taking the hidden paths the untrained knew nothing of. When he arrived at the edge of the woods, he saw the girl waiting at the edge, seeming to be safe. "What is it... Samantha?" Irvine asked as he appeared out of the shadows silently. It felt good, to remember the pretty girl's name. He had worried he might forget it.

Sees him come out of the shadows and smiles slightly. She sees the bow he used to help to rescue her. "I didn't want to bother you so soon but...I wanted to do something to thank you for rescuing me from those men getting me. Please come with me." She slowly hesitantly takes his hand not sure what he'd do or think of her doing so as she takes him to the castle seeing him hesitate a little.

Irvine was... surprised, and out of sorts. It was unusual, and he hadn't had someone grab his hand in years. "Alright..." He said, letting her lead the way.

She took him through the castle to where the wash room was. "I can leave you to take bath here since I am sure you are a bit uncomfortable to have someone else in the room while you have one. I can have one of the servants come bring you hot water. You can take your time and I will be in the dining room when you're done. Breakfast will be ready when you come down." She turns around to leave slowly making sure he doesn't have anything to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom