Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Orphan (RV And Azure)

A bit confused, Marcus followed her into the dining room, seeing the dinner prepared there as he sighed softly. He didn't know if he should be happy or upset that she'd prepared it in there. He had mentioned only to use it for social gatherings at his house. Though he slowly came around, he nodded at her, moving to sit at one of the chairs. "Yea, it's been a long day. Some of my work was dragged out, some of it turned out to be complete bullshit." He told her with a light sigh, putting his elbows on the table and leaning forward, rubbing his face lightly to try and look less tired.

She looks at him before moving and makes his plate for him and set it in front of him. Then Tabitha moves back to her sit across from him. She wasn't sure if it was okay to ask him more about his work but she does. " what happen if you don't mind me asking" Tabitha wanted to get to know the man who helped her out better

Hearing her question, Marcus let his fork down, finishing what he had in his mouth. "One of my colleagues was supposed to transfer a case to me. The client called, making a big fuss about it so we had to investigate with three other companies if it was even a legal case he had. Neither of them confirmed, so I had to take it to my boss, and he was out for lunch. So I waited an hour for him. Finally, we get told to just transfer it." He sighed. "And then some other minor issues with spelling mistakes." He explained, waving with his hand, it was obnoxious that some people couldn't do their work properly.

That most have sucked what do you do? " she asks wanting to understand more of his job and his life a little if she was going to be staying here. Tabitha start to eat her food waiting for his answer

"I work for an insurance company, in the section where we handle complaints and other issues." Marcus told her, letting her know he wasn't one of those guys who just ripped people of their lives by denying them access to the insurance because of a small mistake. "I take it very seriously, because some of the people are genuinly hurt." He let her know gently.

Tabitha looks at him seeing the passion he has for it. " thank is completely understand about. Did you always want to do insurance or did you want to do something else but felt into insurance?"

Shaking his head, Marcus had to admit it was somewhat different. "I wanted to be an attorney at first." He told her. "To help the innocent defend themselves in courts, but turns out my average didn't cut it through law school. So I decided I'd help with insurances instead." He told her with a soft smile, knowing what he did was helping people to a better life.

Tabitha smiles now everything coming into place at why he wanted to help her so much. Its a shame he wasn't a lawyer he would have mad a great one. Through out the whole she tried to make it a point where he would talk about himself. She wanted to know everything she could about him his likes and dislikes so she knew best how to do her job and to pay him back for his kindness

Smiling back, Marcus enjoyed talking with her, gladly telling her all she wanted to know as he ate the food, taking more than one serving, he finally was done, holding back a burp with his hand and willpower as he looked at her with a pleased smile. "Thank you for the delicious meal." He said, noticing they'd spent almost two hours eating.

Tabitha gives him a small smile back "Your welcome. I should back to the kitchen to tackle let leftover pots and band . I also move the boxes out of the room I'm using to yours. I didn't go through them but if you been help to get them in order let me know" she tells him before collecting his plate and going back to the kitchen to clean. Thinking that he might have left the dinning room to go upstairs or the livingroom. Tabitha falls back to her old habit of humming to herself as she works.

"Thank you. I'll make sure we get a proper bed ordered for you." Marcus said with a smile, seeing her heading off to clean the dishes. But he stayed in the diningroom, suddenly hearing her hum to herself as he sighed softly. It reminded him of his wife as he slowly got up, moving to the window. He knew it couldn't be his wife, because she was dead, but the melody was so calm and gentle. For some reason it made him warm up as he felt a smile on his face.

Tabitha had finish cleaning and drying her hand when she walks and sees him looking at the window. She stands in the door way watching. When she first met him she really wasn't paying attation to his looks but she could say that he was very good looking . Tabitha was startled by her thoughts ever since her uncle she never care about a guys looks. So for her to do some now was shocking, beside he wont be interest in someone like her. Not wanting him to know she was watching him she turns to head up stairs.

Marcus stood there, looking out the window still. He paid no attention to the fact that she was watching him, or to the fact that she had stopped humming. He was too lost in thought as he eventually heard her footsteps on her way up the stairs. He smiled a bit at the thought, glad to have some activity back in the house. Though for some reason he couldn't help but feel something. Her approach to everything, her food. She had stirred something in him, especially by fixing up the dining room and eating with him in there. He hadn't expected her to but he was beginning to feel like he should care more for her. And slowly, he headed towards the stairs, figuring he would do a bit of work in his office before he went to bed as he grabbed his briefcase on the way.

When she had gotten to her room she sat down on the matress. Once there she was still trying to clear up her mind, maybe she start liking him was because he was being so kind to her and she felt gratitude to him. Reaching down she goes into her back and pull out a book that her dad would always read to her when she was younger. Pulling out a picture of them from the back of the book and stares at it thinking how much she wishes she had her mom here for advise. Sighing she puts the picture back and read the book until she falls asleep

Marcus worked in his office for two hours, not hearing much from Tabitha, he figured she'd either gone to bed or was busy doing something else in her room. Not that he seemed to mind as he went online by the end of his work. There he searched briefly, finding a good bed, steel frame with elegantly curved headboard and footing, a good mattress and for a nice price. He ordered it, typing in his details before leaning back. Smiling, he knew she would be pleased with it as he got up, moving down to his own room, undressing and moving into bed. He fell asleep shortly after setting his alarm for the next morning.

The next morning she wakes not realizing that she fell asleep reading. she gets up again making sure she didn't wake him she head down to the bathroom and gets ready for the day. When she was done with her shower she goes down stairs to start breakfast. Since Tabitha rearranged the kitchen she was able to fine things more quickly, and once again he was awoken to the smell of food in the air

Marcus sighed as he awoke to the scent of food. It was making him smile. He got up, getting his usual shower before getting dressed. Walking downstairs, the only thing that'd changed was his tie. It had another colour for each day, just to make some variety in his usual life as he came downstairs to her. He had a smile on his face as he went into the kitchen, seeing her busy with cooking. "Morning, smells delightful as yesterday." He said, moving to sit by the chair at the table.

(Happy New Year's^^ Clock passed here 30 minutes ago^^)

She Hears him getting up and hurries to finish what she had started. When he comes into the kitchen Tabitha turns to him holding a out a plate of food and coffee." Good morning and thank you" she tells him as she hand him his plate and takes her own before sitting down." Would today be ok if I go out to get some clothes" she askes him before touching her food

Taking the plate of food as she held it towards him, Marcus smiled and nodded. "Thank you too." He said, taking the coffee in his free hand before moving to sit down with it, beginning to eat instantly, hungry for her delicious food while he heard her question. Looking up at her, he nodded. "Sure, I'll find you some money before I leave for work." He told her, offering a friendly smile as he ate hungrily.

she slowly smiles back at him" your welcome and thank you." she as able to relax some but not comlepy because she stilled feared that he would hurt her later on. she looks down at her play and slowly eats waiting for him to be finishes

Nodding, Marcus finished his food as he got up, the cup of coffee in his hand. He knew she was still eating, but he had to get the money for her as he moved out to his jacket, pulling the wallet out of the pocket before coming back in. "I ordered a bed for you by the way, it should arrive within a week." He told her, moving his hand into his wallet after setting the cup down, pulling out 300 dollars for her, placing them on the table. "Here, knock yourself out." He told her with a friendly smile.

Tabitha was taken back when he told her about the bed before she smiles and tells him thank you. But as soon as she sees the 300 dollars she shakes her head pushing it back to him" i couldn't take that much. i dont need much clothes i wont be going out much " she tells him

Seeing her pushing the money back towards him, Marcus shock his head, deciding to be nice to her. "Take it, if you don't use it all on clothes, buy something you want. A book or two, some music." He said, not seeming too bothered about giving her that much money as he almost insisted on her taking them.

She stares at him before slowly taking the money and puts it into her pocket," Th..thank you Marcus" she says using his name for the first time. Tabitha smiles before looking down at her plate to eat.

Hearing her using his name, Marcus smiled, nodding as he watched her eat while he sat down with his coffee. "I hope you find something you'll feel comfortable in." He told her, taking a sip of his coffee. The work she'd done the day before was still pretty much there the next day, she'd have less work to do after the first day, at least until they would receive guests, though he wasn't going to invite any too soon to visit them.

Back
Top Bottom