Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Skylar (Ryuu & azure)

ryuu

Star
In New York City there are many successful people who reside in it's towering apartment buildings, however, very few are as young as Alex. Alex is a lively 22 year old who made his fortune as a teenager when he developed a new data processing system and signed a contract with Microsoft, essentially making him one of the youngest businessman in the city. While Alex was young, he knew his way around a board meeting, he also knew how to create things that few people ever even considered. These 2 aspects of Alex are truly his saving graces. Coming from a humble lower middle class family, he never knew much luxury, even though he held his head up as if he was already a success, although that was just due to his excellent posture, something his mother taught him to help him be more successful at making first impressions, and maintains a presence in a room that others simply couldn't ignore.

Eventually however, Alex found his calling, computer programming and design. Alex became infatuated with computers and the programs in them. Eventually he developed a high speed user friendly data processing and organizing system that he used to develop his very own corporation. Alex soon made his company a well known technological giant, not quite to the degree of Microsoft, but almost as well known. His company was given his family name, Wolfe industries. In his time as a rising CEO of this company he still maintained his love of the simple things he had in his old lifestyle often relaxing at cafes with friends or hanging out at a local bar. He lived a fairly calm life, and loved every bit of it.

One day during a visit to a nice restaurant for breakfast he notices the one thing he's always longed for in his seemingly perfect life. A beautiful girl to share it with. As he sits down in his semi formal attire, he asked his waitress as he pointed over to the girl, "who is she? I've never seen her around here before?" As he was a regular at the restaurant for his Saturday breakfasts.

Many would say that New York was a city of dreams and that if you could make it here you could make it anywhere. However, that wasn't the case for Skylar. From an early age she knew that that wasn't the case for her. She was raised to know when her dad came home drunk or just in a bad mood, to stay out of the way or be a victim to his rage. Her mom tried her best to protect her from the beatings, but it would only make matters worse. Then came the news when she was six years old, that her dad had killed another man in a rage and was sent prison for ten years. Things started to look up for a while, but then Skylar's mom met and started dating Brain. Everything was fine until he introduced her mom to cocaine.

Now once a woman who would have done anything to protect her daughter, transformed into a woman who couldn't even remember what it was like to be a mother to her daughter. Skylar's life was going back to what it was before. Only now she took over all the responsibilities of the household and bills. Doing anything and everything to made money just to keep afloat, and help out her mom. As she began to older not only did she had to worry about her mom, having a place to live, food, and school. Skylar now had to worry about the sex advantages of Brain. When she refuses him or fight off his advantages, she was then beaten for her actions. As time goes on she start to out smart him. Putting a lock on her bedroom door so he couldn't get in while she slept. Making sure she was never left alone in a room with him, and even hiding money so he couldn't use it on alcohol or drugs.

Skylar's social life was completely opposite from her life at home. People would say she was beautiful as she was kind.Standing about 5'6 she had dark wavy hair, with strikingly pale blue eyes, blood-red plump lips that any man would love to kiss, lightly freckles brushed across her nose. She had a ready smile for anyone and everyone she meets,a straight A student, and hard worker. No one knew that her home life was a secret hell. With the passing of Skylar's 18th birthday, it was a little easier to earn money because she wasn't limited to part-time hours now. So normally when she would have the weekend mornings off, so she don't go over her hours. She could now get a whole eight hour shift.

Skylar had just clocked in and was really to start her shift giving a bright smile to Big Ben the cook. Sally the waitress who was taking his order looked over her shoulder and smiles before turning back to him " Oh, that's Skylar she just got put on full-time here. Today she normally won't work today until the evening.", she tells him.

Alex looked on at skylar and felt almost hypnotized by this girl. All he could think as he looked at her was that he'd never seen a girl with eyes quite like her's. he was infatuated with her from the moment he saw her, everything about her called to him, all he could think is "She's beautiful" too stunned for anything else, watching her give her coworkers a gentle smile and greeting, he saw that not only was she gorgeous in a way he'd never quite seen before, but she was gentle and sweet. He knew that in his life he'd let too many girls like that slip away for being nervous when he was a boy, never having the strength to go forward and speak his mind for fear he wasn't good enough, or that they'd never want to speak to him again if they didn't like him back, however it only happened twice, and the people close to him were baffled by this, as they often told him he could get any girl he wanted if he tried. However he never believed it, feeling their words were clouded with personal feelings toward him as a friend.

But this time was different than all the others, because he was somebody now, he had seen himself spoken of in magazines as the hot new kid of the business world, and thought that if there was ever a time in his life to get a serious girlfriend, this was it. But he realized just how odd it would be to just approach her and ask her out straight out of the blue. So Alex looked at Sally and said "Hey Sally, do you uh, think maybe you could see if she wants to maybe take over for you? C'mon Sally, I've come here for years, please do me this little favor" he looked at her with pleading eyes and continued to say "I'd just like a chance to meet her" Alex looked at Sally with his usual demeanor being covered up by his nervousness from seeing such a beauty walk right past his eyes.

Sally clips her tongue at him before resting her hand on her hip, "Looks here Alex. Skylar is a sweet girl and I would hate for her to get hurt or used just because she fancy your interest at the moment. But since I've knew you for some long I'll give you the benefit of doubt and let you met her." Just then Sally hear the soft laughter of Skylar carry across as Big Ben tells her a Joke. Smiling Sally turns back to him, " I've been trying to get her to date or get out more. For one as young as her she since like an old soul at time and not carefree like a girl her age seem. There had be plenty of guys here who have tried to asked her out but she always politely turn them down", she shakes her head." She need working for us for about two years now and not once have I since or heard about her going on a date."

She shrugs" but maybe you'll be a the first. Just notice the only reason I'm doing this is because I think you are a nice young man and you guys would make a cute couple. But keep in mind if you hurt her I'll make sure your food from here on out will be burnt or cold." Sally then smiles and winks at him before walking off to where Skylar was standing at the register. After a few moments Skylar looks to him with her pale blue eyes before back to Sally smiling and waving her off before approaching his table.

As Skylar approach his table she notice that he was a very handsome guy. What she first notice about him was his blue eyes. They since so carefree but there was something in them that she need if need be that carefree would be sent right out the window. But he was still a customer and she would make sure he had everything he needs. " Hello my name is Skylar I'll be taking over for Sally until she gets back from her break." She gives him a friendly smile showing off white even teeth.

Alex looks at the beautiful young girl in front of him and thought to himself 'wow, she's get a great smile too!'. Alex looked down at the menu and then casually back up at skylar with a gentle smile and said "you know, I've never seen you around here before" Alex then gave a gentle face as he explained why this was something he would know "you see I'm a bit of a regular here" Alex chuckled softly "I've kinda been coming here since high school, so I've gotten to know Chef, Sally and the rest pretty well. And don't worry, chef's just a nickname I gave Ben when I first started coming here. So uuuh" Alex placed his left hand on the the back of his head and slowly scratched it as if trying to think, and said, "yeah so, are you uh like new to the area? Or did you just start working here or something?" Alex then quickly said nervously "I-if you don't mind my asking! I-I was just wondering is all..." Alex gave a nervous and hopeful look as he waited for an answer.

As Tabitha got a closer look at him she notice that he was a very handsome. That startled her a little since she hardly ever notice guys before. When he talks to her, she like the sound of his voice how it was hard and smoothing. " Nope I was born and raised here. Also before it was on my school schedule and me not being of age. So I could only work certain days, but now I can pick up more days because I'm 18 and almost done with my senior year in high school." She smiles a little more as he start to talk about Sally and Ben know that he couldn't be to bad if he knew them and friends with him. " Well now that I'll be picking up more days and you are a regular. What can I get you so I know how you like your order.

Alex feeling a little less nervous said in a calm manner "haha, yeah I guess that would be good idea. Well I usually just have two pancakes, 4 extra crispy strips of bacon, and this took a while for Sally to realize but when I say extra crispy I mean like, almost charcoal colored bacon" Alex said this nervously trying not to sound stuck up and picky "Hah you see I uh just don't like when bs on gets all chewy ya know? Haha so the pancakes, bacon, one over-medium egg, and a glass of orange juice." Alex looked at Skylar, as he finished giving his order, "Hey, so uh seeing as we'll be seeing a lot of each other, you being able to work mornings, and me being a 6 year regular here and all" Alex chuckled nervously " do you think we could grab a cup of coffee after you get off? I-I mean you know, just hang out a bit, get to know each other or something?" Alex chuckled nervously again as he finished speaking, hoping to avoid it being awkward. He looked at her rather casually at this point feeling a little reassured after talking with her and seeing just how pleasant she was.

Skylar writes down his order smiling when he takes about how he likes he bacon." Don't worry I get i once had a man in here who wanted his steak raw. I mean to the the point I thought I heard the steak moo" she teases him. Upon hearing him ask her out for a cup of coffee, she tries not to frown. Forcing a smile as she reply back to him" Oh wow umm thanks you. But I can't I really just don't have time to do so. Beside picking up more hours here I still have things at home to handled. But thanks for the offer that was kind of you. I'll make sure your order in." Before he could even say anything she turns and leaves him to put in his order. She only came back to give him his drink but doesn't say to talk this time.

Alex felt a bit disappointed as Skylar's words gently let him down, however it was how gentle she was that confused him the most, namely how he wasn't sure if she was desperately making up excuses to avoid having to say no and "hurt him" or simply telling the truth about a very busy life almost purposefully keeping her from having her own life. As she walked to the kitchen to give his order to Ben the chef, he sat and waited till Skylar was out of earshot and then slapped his forehead with his left hand and slowly dragged it down his face and quietly with a frustrated look on his face as well as a fairly frustrated tone of voice said to himself "Idiot! All you had to do was make small talk. Small talk!" now slumping down into his seat he continued to say "You couldn't have waited a week or two. Nooo, you just had to go and ask her out the first 30 seconds you've known her!". Alex then waited until skylar came back with his drink in the hopes of seeing if he had offended her or anything of the sort, and felt incredibly foolish as her beautiful black hair flowed in the air behind her as she quickly turned from him to walk away. As she walked away Alex simply sat up straight and let his head thump gently down on the table feeling like an absolute idiot.

Skylar was heading back to the counter when she sees Sally starring at here and shaking her head " girl you are hopeless what am I going to do with you" Skylark just looks at her with am confused frown on her face. "what are you talking about?" Sally walks up to her" that boy was trying to ask you out" . Skylar turns and face is Sally is that why you took your break early you are busy playing matchmaker? I can't believe you why would you do something like that I'm looking for a boyfriend?" Sally just rolled her eyes "honey I know you're not looking for you haven't been since you been here." Sally walks over to her touch her shoulder "why don't you give him a chance"Skylar Lower surprise you know I can't do that I just don't have time for anyone right now.With school and work and taking care for my mom I just can't." Sally just smiles" you do now. On your lunch break you know have 45 minutes. go with him and get to know him it can't hurt" Skylar looks at her and sighs giving in" fine I will but only because I know you won't give up." When his food comes up she takes it and walks over to him" here you are." she says before biting her lip unsure how to ask him." Umm I know that you asks me out to coffee" her cheeks heated up in a blush" I was wondering since I should have a lunch break in about two hours if you'll like to join me?"

Alex looked at her in absolute astonishment. This beautiful girl had changed her mind and he couldn't be more excited, he couldn't even register it properly. All Alex could think was 'what just happened?'. Alex managed to open his mouth and say, almost with a quiver in his voice "uh-um, y-yeah I-I'd love to! Ummm so...yeah! That would be great." Alex looked on at her and his face lit up with a smile as he said "wow, I... I'm not sure what to do. Should I just go ahead and wait here or do you want me to ummm pick you up when you're off? This is my weekly day of solitude so I'm free the whole day." Alex panicked as he realized day of solitude may sound incredibly weird, "oh my gosh I should tell you that by day of solitude, I just mean I turn off my business alerts and contacts, and just spend the day doing the same thing every week. Uh I come here, eat, go out for 3 hours or so wandering the city, just hanging out at Central Park, and then go out to lunch at my favorite Italian restaurant, and then go home and either watch a movie, play a game, or hang out with my closest friends, and have dinner at my apartment. So haha it's.. It's nothing wired or anything like that" Alex gave a hopeful, nervous smile as he looked at skylar waiting for her to say something

Chewing on her bottom lip waiting for is answer. She hand never done this before having asked out a guy to lunch or anything. Most time she tried to keep away from guys period. But hearing the stuttering in his for she smiles a little seeing that he was as nervous as her. Upon hearing how he talks about his working days she couldn't help but tease him" You sound you are a CEO of a company and not a normal 20 some year old." Skylar say oblivious to who he really was. Since she could barely afford rent and food, they didn't have a tv in the apartment nor does she read any magazine that he might have been in. To her he was just a normal guy here to eat. " no you don't have to wait I would feel bad if you just sat around doing nothing while I'll be working. My lunch is at noon if you do mind coming back," The front of the diner door opens and closes seeing another customer walk in." I'll be right with you sir" she calls out before smiling back at him. " I should get back to work, I guess I'll see you later" Give him one last smile before turning and going back to work,

Alex chuckled in disbelief as skylar walked away thinking, 'Oh my gosh, she actually doesn't know about me'. Alex was absolutely thrilled that skylar had changed her mind, and began to eat his breakfast contently, savoring every last bite. As Alex finished his meal he looked over at skylar with wondering eyes, absolutely overjoyed, and he began to get up to leave. Alex left a generous but humble tip, so as not to seem like he was bribing skylar. He saw her walking and saw she was busy, so in an attempt to leave without being rude wrote a nice little goodbye on the back of the receipt saying 'thanks for the great company and saying yes. I'm off to the park and I'll be here to pick you up for that coffee at 11:55(just to make sure I'm not late) and I look forward to seeing you then skylar. Sincerely, Alex' Alex finished it with a basic smiley [ =) ] and walked over to Sally saying "thanks Sally, I owe you big time". He then walked out the door and headed to the park and started thinking, 'you know? I could be with her and never have to worry if she likes me for me! I could finally be normal again!' But he soon realized that if she were to love him for him, she would have to love the CEO him as well. And he couldn't start of the relationship he hoped to form with a lie, so he decided to tell her today that he was a CEO for real. Alex reached the peak as he finished this thought. He walked around the park all morning, sitting, talking with strangers, and enjoying a peaceful morning.

Finally his watch beeped and he saw it was almost time for the date. He got out of his seat on the bench and walked down to the restaurant and walked in the door at precisely 11:55 and walked over to the hostess podium and said "hey Sally, skylar almost on break yet? Umm" he looked around and didn't see skylar and said "can I tell you something? I'm really nervous here, help me out. You always have good advice, please help me out" Alex looked at her with nervous pleading eyes

The whole remainder time of Skylar shift she would caught herself looking at the clock as it became closer and closer to the time that he would arrive. When she thinks about it she felt herself panic a little wondering what in the hell what she think to agree to something like this. But then again it would be wonderful for her to go on her first semi-date. Thinking it that way make her smiling for the rest of the time being. Ten minutes before he was to come she goes in the back to make sure she had everything. When he does come in Sally was there at the counter smiling at him. Seeing him so nervous Sally rolls her eyes wondering what was wrong with young people these days.

"Look Alex just be yourself. You don't have to showoff in front of her. From working with her for the last two years she just cares about the person." Seeing Skylar walk out from the back and slowly heading their way with a shy smile on her lips. Sally just winks at him before say " Good luck". Skylar stops in front of him holding a rundown bag smiling" Hi"

Alex looked at skylar and said nervously "Hi" he waited a little bit and the quickly and nervously started to fidget and turned left and right, and said "oh! Right, right so uh, I guess we should get going huh? I uh, I know a really great coffee house about 5 minutes away on foot, do we should have uh, plenty of time for our date, before you have to go back right?" Alex looked at skylar and said "listen, uh, I just wanna thank you for changing your mind back there, it uh it means a lot, you don't, you don't know how how much it means to me you looked back and thought it would be worth it. So now that this incredibly embarrassing sentence is finished, would you like to start our uh, our date?" Alex looked at skylar with the slightest but of nervousness in his eyes as he stared into her beautiful blue eyes.

She stands there which seems like hours before he says something. She listens to him talk before slowly relaxing more and giving him a true smiles seeing now that he was just as nervous as her. Skylar smiling even more when she sees a blush cross his check." That's sounds great to me. I'm grab I've changed my mind. Sally say you were a nice guy so what not give it a try" she tells him " would you like to lean the way?" she asks him as she moves to the door and walks out of the diner standing on the sidewalk waiting for him to come out.

Alex laughed excitedly as skylar grabbed his hand, "Hahaha, uh yeah, I guess I probably should huh? Well uh, come on, it's just a couple blocks up the street, so uh let's get going" Alex chuckled softly as he started walking down to the coffee house, and turned his head slighty to skylar and smiled softly and kept on walking as he thought of how he hoped their semi date would go and simply kept walking in an awkward silence, however after a few blocks, Alex thought to himself 'Wow! This is really awkward! This is bad I've gotta do something before it gets any weirder!' Alex turned to skylar as the neared the coffee house which was in actuality, one of the most prestigious places in the whole city to have a light meal and coffee, as well as one of the most expensive. Alex said to skylar with a nervous look on his face as they reached the host's podium in front of the coffee house and said "well uh, here we are skylar. The coffee here is really great, I've been coming here for a while, and it's got a wonderful atmosphere for just enjoying yourself." Alex chuckled nervously as he waited for skylar's response, which he was terrified would be a bad one.

She walks with him down the blocks unsure how to act, she never been on a date so she wasn't sure what to really do on then. But so for it was kind of nice just to go out and relax for once. Thinking that they were just going to a whole in the wall cafe she didn't think much of it until they get to their destination. Skylar eyes goes wide seeing that they are at on of the most expensive cafe in town. As they got closer to the host's podium she got a little nerves. Skylar never been to a place like this before in her life, and to hear that he comes her a little she chew on her lip unsure what to think. She only relaxes some seeing how nervously giving a small smile" well this is a new experience for me but I'm sure I'll have a good time"

Alex smiled at skylar admiring how cute she was when she was nervous and said "yeah, one of the chairman introduced me to this place a few years ago. I've been coming here at least once a week to just relax since then." Alex laughed a little as he walked to the podium and spoke the the host and said "Hi I'm here for lunch. I have the reserved table upstairs, by the window and fireplace?" The host's eyes lit up and said with a slight French accent "AAAH!! Monsieur Wolfe! It is such a pleasure to see you today!" He looked at skylar and back at Alex "and what a delightful looking young lady! A date? It has been quite some time no? Ohohoho, it is such a pleasure to meet you Madame. I am Philipe{Fil-eep}, and you are quite the lucky lady, Monsieur Wolfe is a wonderful gentleman. Oh how silly of me. Please follow me to the table." Alex laughed "hahaha, no need Philipe, I know where it is." Philipe responded "Oh, but it is my pleasure to accompany such fine people to their table. It is a wonderful part of this occupation. Please follow me Madame." Alex placed his left hand on the back of his head and chuckled as he looked at skylar and said "Well, I guess we should just follow him then."

Her mind keeps going back to the matter wondering what he did for a living to be about to afford to come to a place like this every week. But that questions goes on the back burner when she meets Philipe. Skylar could help but smiles out his flamboyant personality." yes I guess we should" laughing softly when him as they walk through the cafe. Following Philipe she takes in all her surrounds, never had she though she could be able to come to a place like this. When they arrive at their table Philipe pulls out her chair and she sits down

Alex laughed as they sat down. Philipe smiled and looked at Alex and said "Monsieur Alex, I shall fetch the 'usual' for you, and you Madame? What may I get for you?" Alex chuckled softly and said, "Oh Philipe I forgot to mention, she's never come here before. So do you think you could wait to take our order a moment while I help her decide? The menu's not the largest I know, but I'd like to help her out myself ya know?" Philipe smiled softly and said "Oh, oui Monsieur, I do understand quite well. And you Madame, as I said, he is quite the gentleman." Alex chuckled as Philipe walked off and said "They've got a great menu, you order a pastry and they bring you whatever coffee, latte, or anything else that goes best with your pastry, unless you tell them otherwise, however the pastry and drink are separately priced, so just pick whatever pastry treat sounds good to you. They even let you pick items from off the menu. Me. I personally get a slice of apple pie, and a cup of coffee. Although they didn't actually have apple pie on the actual menu. The best part of the place however, is that they ADDED it after just my third time ordering it! It's a great place, personally? I reccomend the morning buns. They're delicious little croissant buns with brown sugar and orange zest to add a citrus kick to it." Alex chuckled nervously after his little speech as he looked at skylar in anticipation.

Skylar smiles warmly at Philipe as he talk decide she really does like him. When he gives her the menu, she looks it over seeing that it all looks so good. Skylar put down the menu and looks to him and smiles" I'll have what you're having it sounds good. so your not a normal college student if you're coming here every week and you know chairman. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?" She then blushes seeing how rude it is to ask someone about there money" I'm sorry i shouldn't have asked that. If you don't want to tell me that fine"

Alex laughed at skylar's nervousness, wondering how a girl as attractive as her can be so nervous, so often, then thinks 'Haha, it's probably her nervousness and innocence that makes her so cute" he laughs out loud "Hahaha, no no not at all. I don't know if you've heard of Wolfe industries? It's a company I started in high school. It's a tech company basically. I develop new programs, something you could say I had a big hand in would be the format for windows 8. The main thing I do is work on some personal projects and then sell them in large name products, and I mainly form contracts with Microsoft and apple. I got my big start selling my idea for a rapid data processing system to apple." Alex chuckled softly as he looked at skylar's beautiful blue eyes and said "You know I think that's enough about the beginnings of a CEO. So ummm what about you? What are your plans right now? Just saving up for college?" Alex chuckled, "That is uhhh, if you don't mind sharing. Hahaha I guess we're both feeling a bit nervous huh?" Alex gave a soft smile

Skylar keeps smiling as he start to talk about what he does. But the more she hears the more her eyes get wider and starts to gasp at him. There was no way she could be sitting having lunch with one of the youngest richest man in the states. She blinks seeing that she was gasping at him" Oh wow umm yes well I'm going to get a few scholarship and get to go to college. I would love to work with kids from trouble home or get my degree in history." She tries to play it off shock of the news of who he is.

Alex laughs again "You're an even better person than you look" he smiled at skylar as Philipe walked up and said "Madame, Monsieur. Are you both prepared?" Alex turns to him, "Oh yeah, haha we'll both have my usual" Philipe chuckled and said "you have excellent tast Madame" he leaned in and whispered with a comical smile "in many ways Madame" he smiled at Alex and said "your order will be out shortly. As always Monsieur it is a pleasure to see you, and Madame I sincerely hope you enjoy your order." Philipe walked back to the kitchen. Alex chuckled as he did and said "Well, he's certainly happy today. What did he tell you huh? He was probably telling you I'm a bit of a child or something like that right? Haha I've known that guy for years, I tell ya he has the best sense of humor in this whole block hahahahaha" Alex looked at skylar and smiled "your eyes are incredible you know? The moment you came up to me it's been hard to look away." Alex smiled a little brighter.

Back
Top Bottom