Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Superior Spiderman Finally Revealed Amazing Spider-man 700 Spoilers

deepestdesires

Planetoid
Ok Spidey fans Dec 26 is upon us Peter Parker as Spider-man is no more and Marvel's Superior Spider-man is Doc Ock. Yes that's right In the final issue of Amazing Spider-man Peter trapped in Octavious's dying body was unable to switch his mind back but before he eventually faded away he gives Doc Ok a crash course on the meaning of With Great Power Comes Great Responsible making the Doc relive some of Peter's most painful memories such as the death of Gwyn Stacey and Uncle Ben. As Doc watches his old body die with Peter inside he makes a vow to carry on as Spidey normally would only he would it in a more Superior way.

I am interested in seeing where Marvel takes this. Slott wanted a more Darker Batman like version of Spidey well with Doc Ock in control he defineately has that.

You've gotta be shitting me. I haven't been keeping up with comics at all, so this comes as quite the surprise. I admire Marvel's guts to kill off such a famous character, but it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't want a more serious Spider-Man; Marvel has enough serious characters. They killed Peter in the Ultimate Universe, and now they killed him off in this one as well. Why not kill off Logan? If anything, that guy should be gone, not Peter Parker. Still, despite this, I do hope he stays dead. DC has a habit of bringing characters back to life, and it never turns out very well.

Hopefully the writing will be interesting enough to be worth the sacrifice.

Well I think Marvel went this way because they needed an out in case this backfires. Remember when Rogue stole Ms. Marvel's powers and then had to mentally fight off Carol Danvers until she finally and eventually returned to her own body. If this doesn't work Marvel has that opt out with Doc Ock and Peter somewhere down the future.

If this doesn't work I can actually see something like this taking place.

Trapped and in the Spirtual relm Peter seeks out say Dr. Strange's help to get his body back. After capturing Spidey-Ock Dr. Strange tells Peter that the only way to win his body back is to defeat Doc Ock from with in.

I am inviting A LOT of fanboy/fangirl hate at me for saying this.... but what the hell.

Some of this is TOO MUCH like a blend of DC's Knightfall (where they had Bane "cripple" Bruce Wayne and had Azrael (Jean-Paul Valley) take up the mantel for a while coupled with aspects of "The Death of Bruce Wayne" story arch.

I am a big fan in general of both DC and Marvel... but ever since the 1990s when the big wigs of Marvel allowed X-Men in particular to become one huge "daytime soap with superpowers" (which fit well with the PC decade that was the 1990s), Marvel has really not been very original except with the Ultimates' and Marvel Knights.

Doc Ock as Spidey... explains why they wrecked the whole thing between Peter and Mary Jane.... but that is it.

Wow... I didn't even draw that comparison! That's a really interesting parallel you've found there, and I really wonder if the decision makers realized it as well. Personally, I've found myself enjoying some of the independent books more than the Marvel and DC books. That being said, I still haven't bought a comic book since the big 52 launch, which was amazingly disappointing.

Apparently Spidey writers are trying to hook Peter and Mary Jane back up with one another while Doc Ock is in control of his body and this has a lot of spidey fans ticked and they are crying rape. Is it rape I both parties are willing but the other is not who they say they are.

As far as the X-Men are concerned they have undergone a major change.

Cyclops seems to have grown a bit more darker. In fact in big summer crossover Avengers vs X-Men Cyclops while possessed by the Phoenix force murders Charles Xavier. After the events he's taken into custody and while in prison receives a visit from Wolverine. He tries to goad Wolverine into making him a martyr but wolverine doesn't go for it.

deepestdesires, that is all good.. but still.. Marvel needs to do a great deal of overhaul on much more.

Cyclops is a perfect example. He is a self-righteous ass who has always done that. He doesn't want to be happy, as he, like Lt. Dan during the first third of his character in Forrest Gump, is on a perverse obsessive quest to die as a martyr for the cause. He loves being an idol more than he has ever loved Jean, so what they are doing with "Spidey-Ock" is no surprise to me.

I actually find Doc Ock to be pretty amusing as Spider-Man. He's always been my favorite Spidey villain, and just how much of a pompous ass he is kind of amuses me.

I mean, I can't say I think it's the best idea ever, but I've seen far worse.

Back
Top Bottom