Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

OC/Canon Characters of Nights in Gotham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadshotblow

Super-Earth
ALRIGHT! The time is here for some legitimately fun DCU RP.

A few things you should know...
This RP group is largely open. The only requirement being that you post here and/or PM me your character profile. From there we can discuss how to bring you into the present plotpoint, although I'm not opposed to someone just jumping in and fucking shit up/being a dues ex machina. I only ask that you considerablely let something be known so we're all just like "wtf"

On characters:
Canon or established characters will be filled on a first come first serve basis. As for OC's, the sky is the limit, and I am not against anyone twisting the DC lore to fullfill a character's intriguing background. If this applies to established characters, then it's up to the parties involved to sort anything out.

Rules?
This whole shebang is largely informal and fun-based. I encourage everyone to have fun, and would love to see how plots change and progress depending on everyone's input. Setting up plots, scenarious, and working together can be discussed OOC for character's working together for some awesome event and is also encouraged.
Finally!
Obviously this is where you will post your character profile. This applies to both canon and OC characters so that we may of course know just who is playing who. I like to keep things simple, so of course fill in the blanks below. Feel free to include whatever information you deem relevent (including pics).

Name:
Alter-ego:
Affiliation:
Superpowers/abilities:
Appearance:
Bio:
Other:

I'll go ahead and start us off with the character I'll be playing

Name: The Joker
Alter-ego: the Clown Prince of Crime (or Chaos), the Harlequin of Hate (Havoc), and the Ace of Knaves.
Affiliation: His own. Maintains a sleeper network of people within various factions and affiliations.
Superpowers/abilities:
Child at heart - The Joker sometimes commits crimes with comedic weapons such as a deck of bladed playing cards, an acid-squirting flower, cyanide-stuffed pies, exploding cigars filled with nitroglycerin, harpoon guns that utilize razor-sharp BANG!-flags, and a lethally electric joy buzzer.
"My shit's custom."

Get your hands dirty - Not one to leave his work in someone else's hands. the Joker is highly intelligent and skilled in the fields of chemistry and engineering, as well an expert with explosives. Capable of hijacking broadcasts- usually news programs- of both the television and radio varieties. His most prominent weapon is his Joker venom, a deadly poison that infects his victims with a ghoulish rictus grin as they die while laughing uncontrollably. The venom comes in many forms, from gas to darts to liquid poison, and has been his primary calling card.
"There is a method to this madness."

It's called "tolerance"... - The Joker is immune to every known venom as well as to his own laughing toxin; "being an avid consumer of his products, the Joker's immunity to poisons has been built up over years of dedicated abuse". The Joker's skills in unarmed combat vary considerably depending on his psychosis. Joker can be a very skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against Batman in hand-to-hand combat. His versatility in combat is due in part to his own extensive array of hidden gadgets and weapons on his person that he often pulls out on a moment's whim (rolling a handful of explosive marbles on the ground, retractable knives attached to his spats, etc.); On the other hand, Joker can be physically frail to the point that he can be defeated with a single punch. He is, however, consistently agile. The Joker has cheated death numerous times, even in seemingly inescapable and lethal situations. He has been seen caught in explosions, been shot repeatedly, dropped from lethal heights, electrocuted, and so on, but he always returns once again to wreak havoc.
"Which suit do I wear today?

Madness makes us what we are - It is rumored the Joker's mental state is in fact a previously unprecedented form of "super-sanity," a form of ultra-sensory perception. It also suggests that he has no true personality of his own, that on any given day he can be a harmless clown or a vicious killer, depending on which would benefit him the most.
"Irony. Now that's bad comedy!"
Appearance: His hair was black that reflected a green tint in different lighting. His skin was solid white. Devoid of color after a dip in pharmaceuticals and certainly rejuvenated for a man of his actual age. His eyes were black, blacker then a few nights without sleep, but fierce nontheless. Was it experience and wisdom in those eyes? Or just pure insanity? They betrayed his age as he appeared no older then 30. He sported his trademark pinstripe purple slacks and blue vest, accented by a dark green shirt. Often seen with his purple coat, recently he had been spotted in a deep crimson coat. He was slender, and relatively tall, able to look Batman in the eyes, and his body mannerism and stance all depended on his mood. Oh... and that smile, a deep red grin made possible by a sickening series of scars.
Bio: His real name has never been confirmed. He himself is confused as to what actually happened; "Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha!". After escaping from Arkham Asylum again, he hasn't been causing trouble directly for anyone. With a vast network of criminals secretly under his emply, he maintains his means by collecting from various contacts. No longer overlooking an empire, the derelict docks he used to reside in nothing more then a stash spot. Now a days he could be found with a small entourage of "mademen". Tending to his daily affairs and staying in scattered safehouses throughout Gotham.
Other:The Joker is renowned as Batman's greatest enemy.While other villains rely on tried-and-true methods to commit crimes, Joker has a variety of weapons at his disposal. For example, the flower he wears in his lapel sprays (at any given time) highly corrosive acid, poisonous gas, or soda water. The Joker has a gun which at first shoots a flag saying "BANG!", but then, with another pull of the trigger, the flag fires and impales its target. Other times he can be found wielding legitmate firearms from revolvers to fully automatics. His most recurring weapons are a high-voltage hand-buzzer, which he uses to electrocute his victims with a handshake, as well as his iconic Joker venom, which will either cause a victim to become paralyzed, comatose, or even die, depending on the strength of the particular batch. What all versions share however, is that the effects are always preceded by hysterical fits of laughter, as well as a frozen grin. His unpredictable, homicidal nature makes him one of the most feared supervillains in the DC Universe; the members of the villains' Secret Society refuse to induct the Joker for this reason. The Trickster remarks, "When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom