Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Merc and the Shape Shifter (me and darkangel76)

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS" he growled as he glared at the men in the doorway and then he grabbed her arm as he charged out the window, cutting the ropes with his sword as he just jumped down and he held her close with his free arm as they were soon in the street below them as he gave a small sigh "now stay close" he said as he moved out into the middle of the town's road with her near him as he held his sword at the ready, the men coming from the inn to meet them as Lance kept himself ready to fight. His eyes on the men but his hand still gripped hers tightly as he did not know what to do "when I say... I want you to change into the biggest thing you can... we will scare them off and run alright?"

Everything happened so quickly. One moment the thieves were surrounding them in their little room at the inn, the next Lance had taken hold of Serena’s arm and jumped out the window. It was a spectacular feat, to say the least. But, with Lance’s skills, it was mere child’s play.

Serena’s heart was racing as she and Lance made it into the middle of the road in front of the inn. He held her close to his side, her body brushing against his. She could see him glancing around, taking in their surroundings, assessing the situation in full. At least outside they were had more opportunities to gain an upper hand. Though, seeing the thieves race out of the inn and jump down from its roof top, it still didn’t look like things would ever turn toward their favor.

“Not good at all…” Serena muttered almost inaudibly.

Just then, Lance leaned close to Serena. His eyes fixed on the thieves and his body poised to fight. His lips a breath away from her ear, he whispered, “When I say… I want you to change into the biggest thing you can… we will scare them off and run all right?”

Serena swallowed, but nodded at Lance’s words. It was plain as day that their situation was a bad one, that more than likely there was no way out unless they took drastic measures. But, she was afraid to shift into the demon-like creature she knew she could become. If it backfired… it would mean trouble for sure. Her secret would be out to the entire town, to the thieves. All she could do was trust in Lance. Trust his judgment, trust that he’d do whatever he could to keep her safe when all was said and done.

Turning a bit to look into Lance’s eyes, she whispered, “All right. I love you.”

Back
Top Bottom