Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selene smiled at her mate as he carried her much like human males did when they were carrying their bride for the first time. When she laid down on her bed she snuggled into the pillows for a moment then looked at Derick with an evil smile.
"No...I didn't feed because I wanted you."
She said as she snatched him down and buried her fangs into his neck with a moan.

Jacob looked at Raven as he and Drake were heading out. He chuckled and nodded.
"Every good leader is able to take a step back and think things over clearly no matter what the situation and you have done this time and time again. You're nervous and aren't sure you can do a good job. That's how I know. If you just accepted it and started bossing people around then you aren't ready and being a leader escapes your abilities. However. Since you haven't done that...you just need practice...and you need to find your back bone."
He said as he smiled at her and motioned with his head.
"Come spend some time with us. You'll see how we handle things at our house. You know how things are done here...you'll see similarities in the handling methods."

Derick's eyes widened at the reply. "...Gods love how are you still conscious?! Not even from an animal?!" It had been the only reason he was still standing. Otherwise he'd probably be in a coma with refusing to feed off anything else himself. It wasn't until her fangs sank back in through his skin that he better began to understand why Raven had been so ... adamant on not wanting to feed from strangers. "Oh yes ..." He hissed, his eyes flashing for a few seconds as he ran fingers lightly through her hair. Even though he better understood Raven's views, it didn't mean she should starve herself. She did still need to eat eventually.

An eyebrow couldn't help but get raised at the request. "..You .. sure? I mean ... wouldn't that still be against orders if I went with you?" She'd taken note of his other hints ... but at the moment, it all felt redundant. When all was said and done, it was her father in charge, not herself. She was known for many things ... but nothing along the lines of being a second-in-command. True, the others knew she was in a technical sense from the Council; but a lot gave the same reaction as herself when she first heard it. A scoff mixed with a laugh ... and none were content at all. In fact, most were less happy on the idea than she was even; if one could believe that.

Selene drank from her mate as her eyes gleamed with joy. When she pulled back she licked his wound to heal it then smiled.
"Jacob gave me blood transfusions when I wouldn't feed from the humans they brought. I got blood, but I never bit anyone. My fangs are for your skin only my love."
She said with a smile. It also let him know that Jacob went through great lengths to keep his mate alive and healthy as well as respecting her wishes.

Jacob looked at her and raised an eyebrow.
"I wouldn't have asked you if I wasn't sure. The council is everywhere Raven, you ought to know that. They already know of the treaty that we've made and if you concentrate hard enough I'm sure you'll hear the council spreading the word that the limitations to vampire travel have been lifted."
He said as he smiled at her and tapped his head. He'd heard it the moment then made the agreement simply because with the leaders, the council normally tapped into their minds on a regular basis to check on them.

Drake went to the door and opened it as Jacob stood off to the side.
"Your dad's gonna be busy for a few hours I'm guessing. If you wanna stay and learn things about him that you could probably go the rest of time without knowing be my guest, but I need to get back and check on the pups so decide fast. Another part of being a leader. Being able to think on your feet and not regret your decision because you believe it to be right."

His head shook slightly, a low chuckle leaving as he otherwise remained still to let Selene feed. "Yeah ... she is definitely your child." Mentally noting to properly thank Jacob somehow later, he leaned down and gently moved her head aside. "My turn then ...." He whispered before sinking his fangs through. His own low moan left as he slowly began to feed. Animals were nothing - in amount or taste - compared to Selene's blood. For the first time in years, he was feeling as alive as he could being a vampire. Kissing the wound when he finished to heal it, his hands slid under the dress, wasting little time in finding their destinations. Trapping each nipple between a thumb and forefinger, they began slowly circling along her skin. "I hope you've saved a lot of energy up because I meant it when I said I have a lot of lost time to make up with you .... "

Raven didn't need to think as long after Jacob had spoken; especially at the reminder her parents would definitely be occupied for a while. Her head shook no as she murmured softly, "You're probably - no - definitely right ..." And with that, she began to follow behind, taking in all his tips and hints about being a leader. He made it sound so easy ... then again he'd been Alpha longer than she had been alive. Exhaling softly, she tried to focus upon 'hearing' the Council. It took a bit .. but sure enough she heard for herself that everything had been lifted and they knew of the treaty.

Letting the connection cut off after double checking everything for herself, her memory tried to go to this Jason figure while following behind Jacob. For a while, she had been close to him, thinking he was a 'friend' of hers. So she knew him relatively well, a bit better than her own father even. She tried to put herself in his place .. and better figure out what he would do, assuming this was him behind these attacks at all. He - or someone - was making it clear they wouldn't go after the usual suspects. But in a way, that was bothering her. Jason and Derick had quite the number of issues even before he was dismissed ... usually he was more direct. Why change tactics now? A distraction?

Her head bowed lowly to Jacob. "Thanks again ... for everything. I know I already said that but ... habit." Literally and metaphorically, the poor girl had a few things beaten into her. Manners was definitely one ... and it showed in her 'submissive' attitude.

Jacob sat in the seat of the van and grunted as he leaned back and rubbed the back of his neck, looking over at Raven as she seemed pretty deep in her own thoughts. He just took that time to look her over and noted how she sat and how she reacted when she thanked him again. Well this was different. She was trying to be a leader but she had so many submissive qualities it was astounding. However sometimes the best leader was able to submit here and there for the right people. Hell Jacob did to the council as well as Selene whenever she asked for something.

When they arrived at the manor a female ran out and looked at Raven a bit oddly then looked to Drake.
"Drake, Lisa's in labor."
Drake flew out of the van without a word and headed inside as Jacob chuckled as did the driver.
"Seems Drake's gonna be a daddy."
The driver, another lycan soldier nodded.
"About time if ya ask me."
He said as they all followed inside, at a bit of a slower pace, and made it through the main foyer where she'd see dozens of Lycan's all walking around. Some glared at her while most just stared a bit confused.

After a while though no one seemed to mind her being there and just went on with their day while Jacob led her to a massive room and stopped as they looked through a large glass window to see Drake standing next to his mate who was in Lycan form and popping out three pups.

Raven made sure to be out of Drake's way once he got the good news. She couldn't help but smile for him, knowing from personal experience it must be quite the fulfilling feeling given she was an only child. Because of this, she'd also never seen anyone - vampire or Lycan - give birth. So to say the sight was new for Raven was quite the understatement. Still, she remained silently standing still beside Jacob during the entire ordeal. It ... didn't feel as if this were her place to speak up. Not yet anyways. Besides, you're here to learn ... She reminded herself. Her mind was frantically racing to try to figure out questions to ask. After all, if she was going to learn, she may as well speak up eventually.

Finally, something did come to poor Raven's mind. Slowly moving a strand of black hair behind her ear, she asked softly, "So ... how do you all figure out whom you want to be with the rest of your lives exactly?" She remembered him scolding the vampiric ways and she had been trying to take Derick's words on getting wed seriously. But maybe ... advice from a new side could help her figure it all out easier and better. She did want to find someone who'd give a damn for her; not use her. That was perhaps her main condition if she went through with marriage, being very selective and picky on her lover. She wouldn't just allow any mere individual to claim her; no. They'd have to prove it .... in several ways; all of which her mind was also trying to figure out.

Looking over at her as she spoke he chuckled.
"We're a lot like humans. We take the time to fall in love with one another. Usually it's a bit faster because we know how the races tend to fall in love quick, but that's because everyone knows and already trusts one another as a pack in general, so there's just the factor of getting to know them as an individual. Lisa and Drake were combat partners and he's been there watching her back for many years, so she just grew to love him as he did for her."

He said as he looked at the two and smiled softly then sighed as he rubbed his face. He'd heard that there was an Omega female in town who was requesting permission to join the pack. Her Alpha had been killed by vampires and she wanted to help his pack. Which was nice but she'd most likely want to mate him as well. If she didn't that wasn't something he'd mind, but at the same time...he did need the help. As if reading his mind Drake kissed his mate and his young then walked out looking at his phone.

"The Omega female is in your office Jacob. She just arrived."
Jacob nodded and sighed a bit.
"Alright."

"....so there's just the factor of getting to know them as an individual ...."

Was it really that simple? In context bit definitely sounded it. But she was willing to bet the second she tried ... it would all be much simpler than done. Remembering how Lisa and Drake met, something like that seemed mostly impossible. Her father had stopped one war ... there was only really one major one left. And until they got the exact information on whom all was truly behind this, in the case they were wrong about it being Jason, there was no 'war'. Even if she probably should have been fighting during it, he'd insisted on that being the last thing she do. Now ... she really wished she had defied him. It'd have been worth it. She was feeling more and more worthless .... as anything. A warrior, female, vampire, gods forbid 'Princess of the Vampires' ... it made her subconsciously sigh lowly.

She would have remained in her thoughts were it not for Jacob being informed that he had ... a female visitor of sorts. His own sigh, however, suggested he wasn't overly happy on it. Her ankles tensed as she got ready to follow beside him if needed. Most of the others had gotten the hint that while her appearance did seem somewhat out of place, no one had done anything against her. They were smart in that aspect and certainly knew their place. Unless this visitor was going to rendezvous with them here, she would get ready to follow and remain silent. The upcoming talk was definitely not going to be her place to speak. No, it'd all be Jacob's call in the end, regardless of what that may be.

Jacob headed towards his office and let Raven in with him as he walked in. There was a female with shoulder length smooth Burnett hair sitting in one of his chairs; when she looked back she had brilliant hazel brown eyes, an angelic face that stated she was roughly around twenty three or twenty four in human years. Full pink lips that broke into a very alluring smile and an hour glass figure. She was wearing a summer dress which wasn't too short to throw off that she was a slut but not too long either to say that she was too conservative. When she saw Jacob she smiled at him and stood up brushing her dress a bit then she saw Raven and her eyes narrowed a bit but she just ignored it and looked back to Jacob and bowed to him baring the back of her neck to him to show submission even in human form.

Jacob nodded to her and looked at her.
"Name?"
"Sara Claw. It's an honor to meet you Jacob."
Jacob nodded and sat in front of her at the desk and looked at her.
"So why are you looking into my pack?"
"I heard you are in need of a female to look after your other females. My Alpha in my last pack picked another Omega because she didn't talk to him like I do. I told him what needed to be fixed in the pack and he didn't like that."
Jacob nodded and sighed.
"So...what do you have to bring to my pack?"

Though her face remained stoic, she wanted to shoot her own glare back. Bitch ... A hiss would have gladly followed were this her place and not Jacob's. Maybe it had been because of all the incidents lately, the shooting being a major one. But finally, she felt like a true second-in-command. Her heightened senses and instincts were kicking in. If she were Jacob .. she wouldn't dare let this female in. Something was very off about her. She couldn't pinpoint what ... but the fact her mind was already screaming 'No!' was enough incentive to follow it. Even with her seeming to choose the right words and actions - including showing her submissive side - her mind wasn't full altered. The best way to determine it all ... would be the answer to Jacob's question in regards to what she had to bring. But with the woman having already admitted she had presented some not-so-favorable options in her last pack was a sign she was bad news. That was how it felt and seemed to Raven anyways but when all was said and done, this would be Jacob's call and no one else's.

Sara smiled at Jacob and pulled a note pad from her purse that had him looking at her oddly.
"Just from what I've noticed while being shown around Sir. Your females are unorganized, they have no elder value and they are bickering among themselves on who is older just because of a few years difference but none of them have any standing ground in leadership. The Nursery is good and the females in there are doing their jobs splendidly which is always a good thing. However I would suggest putting younger females in with the pups so that they have a more playful streak with the pups but also have that mature side to teach them. If the female is too old, she's lost that spunk that the infants need."

Jacob sat there listening to her and watching her. She wasn't showing any signs of deception, she didn't stench of a liar and she had the tone of voice that was just someone who was noticing things.
"Your males are extremely well disciplined so that's a very good thing, your soldiers are all very strong and one hundred and ten percent loyal to you and the pack which is never a bad thing. Honestly the females just need another female to lead them. They feel left out and that is why they are drawing all this attention to themselves."
She said as she smiled at him and rested her hands and the note pad in her lap. Sara never even looked at Raven after the first initial glare because Jacob was the important one in the room.

Jacob rested his chin in his hand as he looked at her.
"You'll be granted one week to make an impression on the females. After which time my second in command and I will go over what we have noticed about you and we'll see if you're worthy of the pack."
Reaching over he pressed an intercom button.
"Tiffany, will you please show Sara to the spare room where she can stay for her week test."
"Of course Jacob."
She said as she came into the room and two large males came into the house carrying her luggage from outside. Jacob stood and bowed to Sara as she bowed to him then left. Once she was out of the room Jacob sat back down and groaned.
"Ugh...."

Raven knew from her own personal experiences with her and her family that even the best of liars could hide any and every detail upon their face or body. Hell, it could reach to things like their words and actions; all of which must have seemed very perfect to Jacob at this moment. A small smirk crossed her lips once Jacob groaned. "I can imagine how tiring this all is. Even before the Council made me a temporary second, I watched things like this a few times. That ... was usually the typical reaction I heard from my father." She paused, remembering every word, detail, any and everything of Sara. She glanced out towards the direction in which she had left before looking back down to the Alpha.

".... How do you honestly feel of her, with all due respects?" She finally asked. Was it only Raven that had gotten uneasy about her? She hoped not; the last things she would want to appear as if she were was insane or overly paranoid. True, most vampires gave into such emotions; but she was anything but typical. Then again, from the few times Jacob had seen her, that much had been made obvious. For now, she would keep her opinions to herself. It was Jacob's call ... and he had already given a wise enough answer.

Jacob looked at her and nodded as she stated on just how annoying and tiring it was then as he heard her ask how he felt about all of this he sighed.
"Honestly. I've heard and seen things like this before. Some of the current members of my pack are from other disbanded packs so it's nothing new to me. It happens quite a lot, mainly because males don't realize just how stressing it is and how hard it is being the Alpha. They just think it's all glory and females that want to sleep with them, they don't understand the hard work and everything else that it takes to keep the pack running. So it's not a surprise when a pack disbands or when an Alpha gets sick of one Omega and chooses another. Most Alpha's just see the position of Alpha as a way to get laid easily."

Sighing a bit he shrugged.
"We'll just have to see how she does. I don't know a lot of how the females in this pack think so having an Omega around would be very helpful and all the things she'd pointed out were things that I knew about but have no clue how to really fix...that's the Omega's job, handling the females and keeping them in line. I handle the males and the enemies, the Omega handles the females and the food. Well in the old days that's how it worked but now it's mainly just the females."

Though she gave her own nod of understanding back ... she still wasn't sure on her. Aside from instincts, she couldn't use anything definite ... especially when all Jacob had just said seemed to truly back her words up. "Very well. Just ... you wanted me to try to learn so I thought I'd ask." She would leave it at that ... for now. Besides, she was only staying here for a few hours at most. By the time Sara's 'trial' was up, she would definitely not be in jurisdiction to try to aid out anymore. Besides, you got your own crap to deal with, Raven .... She reminded herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom