Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

And that was when Derick stood, not even trying to hide the anger in his eyes. "Now that was uncalled for. Say what you will of my feelings but you do not talk to her with such disrespect. You are here by request ... nothing more. We've been respectful to you. I damn well expect the same back; at the very least to Raven if not myself. You watch your tongue around her. Yes ... take your leave." He waited for them to be out of sight before allowing an angry hiss to leave. "That was uncalled for ... " He murmured, sighing as he pulled Raven into a gentle embrace.

Poor Raven had, whether Jacob meant to or not, been close to tears. The one time she was trying to grow up and be serious ... he laughed at her?! Her body was definitely shaking in anger. She was sick of that damn Lycan finding ways to wound her pride! Even as she got hugged, her body was still trembling. She stayed silent ... before speaking up. "...Is that even true?"

A light scoff followed by him rolling his eyes was her reply. "Tch, no. Merely an inaccurate assumption. Some people aren't as good at showing their devotion and love for others. Unfortunately ... I am one of them. Rather, I have been for a while. Still, that didn't give them any right to be like that to you. I know you didn't want to be in this yet... but I'm proud you're trying. Forget them. They try to boast about their emotions and things of the like ... yet they showed they're even more cruel than us sometimes. Think nothing of it."

"...Think nothing of it?! You make everything sound so easy! Just .... urgh! Go away! You've tried to shove me into doing too much and now I'm in part of it no thanks to you and Jacob! I'M SICK OF NOT BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE ANYTHING FOR MYSELF!" With that, she pulled away. Usually she'd have been held still but Derick hadn't expected that sort of reaction, so his grip wasn't as firm. With a heavy sigh, he sat back down and the loud slam hinted just how mad she truly was.

After shutting her door, she lied down on her bed. She was still shaking, the words from the Lycans not having left. She wasn't sure whom to hate at the moment. Part of her said her father, another Jacob and a third part the Council for making this happen. Crawling onto her bed, she buried her head in her pillows to muffle frustrated screams and cries as tears began to fall. Even when I try ... what's the point? Fuck sakes why me?! Why now?!

Of course, with her more or less praying to an invisible god of sorts, she got no reply. Her nails nearly dug into her own skin with how tightly she was clenching, causing her to nearly make herself bleed. It wasn't much longer before poor Raven cried herself to sleep.

Jacob was honestly getting tired of everything around him and was in the process of moving his pack. Europe was a country run mainly by Lycan's so it was safe for them over there. He'd already transferred several million into a place there and was getting it fixed up and renovated so that it was ready for his pack. As they got home he joined his men in the hunt for the vampires that had caused all this mayhem and they searched for two days but the trail went cold around a river. Smart fuckers. He thought to himself as he sighed and the Lycan's returned home. As Jacob got home he sighed heavily and went to his room as he laid on his bed and just stared at the ceiling. This little incident had caused a lot of his Lycan's to get edgy and some of them didn't want to leave the mansion.

As he sat there on his bed he rubbed his face then went out of his own to cross the river and see if the trail picked up. Sure enough it did. As he tracked the vampires he found an old building that had been abandoned years ago by the looks of it. As he got closer he could smell fresh blood but it was vampire blood not human blood. Getting closer he found over thirty females, all from Derick's Coven. They weren't dead but they were beaten pretty badly, they'd been fed from, which was a bit odd to him but he just called his people and had them come to where he was. He then took one of them who was the most injured and loaded her into a van. As they drove towards Derick's home he'd called ahead to warn them he was coming. Meeting them in the drive way upwards of eight vans pulled up and Lycan's began pouring out carrying wounded female vampires in their arms.

"I do believe these are yours. The warehouse is past the river at the state line. They've been fed from and beaten fairly nicely."
Jacob said as he laid the last one onto a stretcher and sighed a bit as he looked at the male.
"How do you not notice over twenty-five females missing?"

Over the next several days, Raven refused to leave her room. She was infuriated, more than Derick had been to see and hear of the incident. Unfortunately, during those days, she hadn't properly fed. She'd resorted to using herself. It was definitely not the best source but poor Raven was beyond caring at this point. She'd heard her father trying to quietly speak to Jacob but it wasn't soft enough. She hissed at the news of him coming over. She was sick not only of this situation but he was getting on that list also. Still, this would count as her being 'second-in-command' so she very reluctantly got off her bed and stood beside her father, awaiting his presence.

When the Lycan arrived, she merely bowed her head respectfully though said nothing aloud. She didn't have anything to say. She was still pissed but she wouldn't dare show it in her eyes.

Raven hadn't been the only one with time to think. Derick had done quite a bit of it himself. The Council was not the only one now whom had begun to doubt his abilities. He himself was adding onto that list. The past few days had been restless, he'd gone with almost no sleep. Am I truly being that bad? That had been the main question he'd tried to ask himself the past few days and nights. The abrupt call from Jacob made his own hiss leave; though not till after he hung up.

The Lycan Alpha was also beginning to annoy him also. But with this being orders from the Council, he had to allow him access into his mansion. As Raven arrived beside him, he tried to rub her arm in reassurance but stopped when she jerked away. "Don't fucking touch me ... " She murmured lowly. A few minutes later, Jacob showed up.

Between his daughter's new bold attitude towards him and now this news, he was not happy by the time Jacob showed up. A low hiss left finally left. "Stop making assumptions on me. I have noticed, thanks. But you said it yourself; where they were wasn't exactly as close as it could have been. Not many vampires - from my clan especially - dare to go that far away. But now that I know there are some who will ... I will note this. Now then, anything else you have to report? I will see about speaking to the women when they're feeling better and with any luck, at least one of them will remember who did this to them."

Jacob raised an eyebrow at the male and sighed.
"I didn't make an assumption...I asked a question. Whatever it is that's got your panties all tied up tight is not my problem. Lets get one thing straight vampire. There are multiple times where I could have taken your clan down a notch or two. Yes I may speak and piss you off, but how about looking at my actions? Your own daughter didn't feed for whatever fucking reason, got attacked by hunters and ended up in my territory. How would that have gone over for you if I would have killed her? Hmm? You've already lost your mate to our stupid war, I can only imagine how loosing a child would have affected you. So I got her some food and let her go. These females could have easily been killed rather than brought back. Just because you're not used to someone speaking their mind around you doesn't give you grounds to rip my head off when I help you. You slaughter my kind if we so much as fart on your territory. We don't need your help anymore. You wanna see a disrespectful Lycan. Step a foot onto my territory vampire. I'll make sure to drop your clan down a few people. I didn't kill your kind because we've already hurt one another enough. However I'm getting tired of helping and then getting bitched at."

Jacob stood up as his eyes glowed a bit and his power blasted through the area.
"Open your fucking eyes and see that I'm not out to get you. If I was, you'd be dead right not. As would your child."
With that he growled at him and shook his head as he walked back to the van and climbed in. Once in he looked at Derick. Any vampires on my territory will never come back to you Derick, you have my word on that."
He said as he and his Lycan's drove off and went home.

At the rhetorical question, Derick glanced down to Raven, as if waiting for an explanation on why she had been rather adamant on not feeding. She'd been keeping that especially well hidden from his mind so even with all the times he had tried to figure it out, she had been as stubborn on him not finding out. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow; it seemed so easy in Raven's mind as to why not. But ... she could indulge and finally reveal that. She sighed as she shook her head.

"Simple. It's such an intimate action. That's the true meaning and purpose of us biting others, though it does aid out with feeding. Still, you push for things like me taking over, marriage, and feeding. Have you ever begun to consider I don't like it because if we bite - or are meant to - off those we love ... then just doing so seemingly randomly ... it's out of nothing but lust is it not? To do so to mere humans or others who mean nothing but mere instincts?"

Derick went silent to try to think on this before his attention was turned back to Jacob again. "....And yet you didn't agree when Raven suggested a treaty? If you're not after us, then you could have very well accepted. If not for my sake then hers. Tch ... " He scoffed at the mere suggestion of any vampires even being on Lycan territory. As if any would voluntarily do something that stupid ... His eyes stared at the direction the Lycan had gone off to and by the time he began to look back over to ask Raven if all she'd said was true, she was gone. "....Damnit all ... " He murmured, rubbing his forehead once again. Hoping she hadn't been foolish and gone off to test her limits, he began to go check up on the females with the hopes that they were recovering well enough.

His guess had been correct and not at the same time. Right now, Raven wasn't even in her room or the mansion. However, she was still in vampire territory to avoid breaking the rules about leaving her land. Her body was trembling as her mind was inwardly screaming to go hunt. But the best place to do that was the Neutral Lands ... and with her being basically grounded, exiled even, to her homelands ... it was much easier said than done. Unless she had been too taken aback at the command of being second and that had been taken away, that had been what Raven heard. The blood she'd smelled from the females that had been fed off of were doing anything but helping Raven.

A low groan mixed with a hiss left. "...Grrr...." This whole situation really hadn't been fair! She understood it had been vampires at fault; that wasn't what bothered her. What had pissed her - and Derick - off was the fact the council jumped right to her father. He wasn't the only Head Vampire, after all. Why hadn't the others been accused? Why only them?

Her head shook in annoyance. "... Can't think ... " She murmured to herself, groaning as she rested her head on her knees. It was weird ... but part of her was beginning to wish Jacob had gone on and killed her. She was hating the mess she was in even more. Having been the 'Princess of the Vampires' had been difficult enough. Now she was trying to be his second ... and even that felt like it was going nowhere. ".... Hell can't do anything." She added, her head burying itself further. She wanted to fall asleep .... and never wake.

One of Derick's soldiers came over to him, running towards him with a look of fear in his eyes since the last time he'd seem what he'd seen, was over two hundred years ago in the war.
"Sire!"
He called out as he bowed to him.
"Jacob is assembling an army. There are easily over two thousand Hell Hounds gathering in the pastures behind their mansion. You asked me to keep an eye on them from afar...and...there numbers are just growing as more and more show."
He said as he looked terrified. The Coven numbers were just over six hundred. That many Elite Lycan soldiers would slaughter their Coven in the blink of an eye.

Jacob was standing in the field and looking at the faces of his men, all of them.
"These vampires are on the run. I want all of you, Packs of ten. Spread out and comb this city to find them. If you have to go into vampire territory, do so carefully but avoid it if you have to!"
He yelled so that his men could hear him.
"Track these fuckers down and find them. I'm sick of this cat and mouse game. GO!"
He shouted as the Lycan's all shifted and a massive sound of howls reached the heavens as the ground shook with the running paws of thousands of Lycan soldiers. Jacob himself shifted and looked to the other six hundred soldiers at home.
"Put the house on lock down, if it isn't a member of the pack, or the Human Hunters, kill it on sight."

The soldiers nodded and Jacob took off with his own ten man pack of Hell Hounds. They started from the house and spread out like the ring of a nuke, combing the city and using their noses to pick up on any scent they could.

Derick couldn't help himself. Between all that had been said, regardless of whom from, this all sounded too convenient. Besides, Jacob had just said not long ago he wasn't out to come after him. Would he dare break his own words now? Derick stayed silent for what felt like forever before speaking, a very firm and serious tone to his voice. "Are you sure he hasn't merely gathered troops to try to seek out those responsible for the shootings? I am already being blamed for that incident. I will not send anyone out unless you can give me proof he is daring to go against what he said not long ago about not hunting us. Bring that to me first. Then and only then will I get the others ready. Have someone look for Raven. If this is true ... I am not going to lose her in this act of hypocrisy!"

Raven's eyes quickly shot open at the loud howls. She too had heard the vow not long ago ... and now that her ears got this noise, it made her uneasy. Her head shook no. He wouldn't ... would he? And yet the fear of if that had been the true reason for him suggesting to take over her father's place - or attempting to have gotten that passed - raced through her mind. Had that been his real motives? To make their clan crumble, knowing fully well she wasn't prepared? It made her unable to help but tremble a bit.

Go eat. You'll need your strength ... She'd gladly have fed off herself; but this situation had just gotten serious it sounded like. She wanted to believe they were merely seeking out whomever had been responsible for the shooting but ... she had no proof of if that was what they were doing even. Slowly pushing herself up to her knees, she gazed around quickly. Sorry Father ...

Without a word, she slipped past the gate, heading for the Neutral Grounds. She'd just do a 'grab and go' with feeding. It'd be easy enough. Still, she wouldn't use a human .. if she could avoid it. She had meant all she'd said to her Father and Jacob. Biting was meant to be for mates and ergo a very sensual action. It seemed wrong to do it to random people - prey usually. Keeping her eyes and ears open, she looked preferably for another hare ... something that would calm her stomach.

Jacob and a good collection of soldiers had locked onto some of the vampires, they recognized the scent and the van that was now going as fast as it could to get away from the twenty or so Lycan soldiers that were on it's tail. Jacob and his pack were coming at it from the side and bee lining it for the van but as they charged he saw Raven in the Neutral grounds right in front of him. She looked like she was hunting. Growling he nodded to his men.
"Catch that van, don't kill them."
The wolves nodded and they simply ran right past Raven without a second glance as he stopped in front of her and his clawed hand snatched her up by her neck like she was nothing but a doll.

Bringing her close his fangs were right in front of her face as he growled at her.
"What are you doing here female? You're breaking council rules at the moment.....wait."
He said as he sniffed her and sighed.
"How hard is it for you to feed? Honestly?"
He asked as he shifted into his human form.
"You won't like this, but neither will I. So the feelings mutual."
He said as he slammed a fist into her stomach and when her mouth shot open due to the pain he used that time to take her head and he jacked his wrist into her mouth so that her fangs pierced his vein.

Grunting a bit he let his blood flow into her mouth. On her end, after the first wash of his blood would touch her tongue she'd feel an enormous surge of power from his blood. Like very nicely aged wine, it had a taste of age to it and mind blowing power that for someone her age couldn't even imagine. Feeding from a Lycan, their blood was normally a bit sweeter which was why during the war many vampires fed from Lycan's, because their blood was a delicious meal. As he let her feed he finally pulled his wrist away from her and licked his own wound to heal it.
"Start feeding on a regular basis female."
He said as he shifted again and growled a bit. Whether he was being an ass or not, he'd just saved her ass again, and he'd given her enough strength to serious kick any vampires ass into the floor.

Jacob grumbled as he ran after his pack and the van was taken down right outside the vampires territory as dozens of Hell Hounds gathered around the van as Jacob arrived.

Even while Derick was waiting for his soldier to return, he had begun his search. The room was empty ... no one had seen her. A frustrated hiss left. Oh he'd definitely have words with her when she returned; hopefully with a good excuse. Process of elimination suggested she had seriously dared to go against the Council's orders; even if this matter with the 'hit and run' got resolved, now there would be this. He sat down in the Gathering Room, groaning lowly as he hoped, prayed she would come back alive. Not only to teach her a lesson ... but he truly didn't want to lose her. Definitely not like this.

Due to Jacob having been in his Lycan form once, she did recognize him; albeit it took a few seconds. By then, though, she had been grasped by her neck. Her heart raced as worst case scenarios began to form. Gods he's going to kill me! The howls were beginning to seem as if they truly had been to dare go against her. Her eyes closed, her head bowing. She had gone against orders anyways; she supposed this was her karma for such actions.

"....Raven if you don't mind. And did you not hear my views on that? Ngh!" Her eyes shot open, a gasp leaving from the punch. It seemed he was as fast as she was -- at full strength because she soon found herself gazing at his 'human' form. Before she could ask, she got an answer in the form of actions.

Her eyes widened as the first drop touched her lips and tongue. A soft moan couldn't help but leave. This was ... at least ten times better than any mere human. As quickly as this had all began, it abruptly ended. But despite the meal having been fast, she felt incredible; close to up to par with her own father. That in itself was quite the feat. She bit down on her lower lip as she pulled away. Her head lowered ... and finally, she let it turn into a bow.

"Thank you ... " She murmured softly. Raven wasn't fond of feeling like she was in debt; but she knew she owed him that much. She shot a glare at his command. "You are not my father ... " She murmured in annoyance, watching him leave. It hadn't been until she spoke the words - and Jacob had left - that her face paled slightly. He probably realized she had left.

Trying to lick all the blood off of her lips, she darted off. Her destination was right for her room ... and nowhere else. She ignored any and all stares she got from the other vampires, not wanting to hear anything right now. She got to her door ... before a figure appeared before it. "....Dad I .... "

The second Derick had felt her presence and where she was heading, he had blocked her entrance. Grasping her wrist tightly, he pulled her in. Leaning forward, he inhaled ... then hissed. "....Again?! And from him?!" Still, this reassured him in a way. It made him wonder if the solider who had spoken to him not long ago was a liar ... traitor. Maybe even one of the ones whom Jacob was looking for. He had proven his word, knowing he easily could have killed Raven ... again.

"Tell me, daughter. Do you like him?" The result was a mix of a scoff and a laugh. "....W-what?! I ... true, he has helped me twice. But I doubt he likes me. He humiliated me ... in front of you! Him and some of his own! He's rude ... a bastard! Why .... why would I?"

"Well ... going off of what you said regarding how you felt on feeding ... maybe you should consider becoming his mate." The tone and look in his eyes suggested he was dead serious. "Unless, that is, you can prove to me these last two encounters have been a mere coincidence. Still though, what were you thinking?!" He began roughly pulling her to the bed. "If I knew not better, I'd say you were the one who set this up ... trying to get me in so much trouble. Do you know the amount of Hell I'm going to get if this gets found out about?!"

A loud smack echoed in the room and mansion as his hand landed upon her cheek. Using the seconds it took for Raven to blink and get her vision adjusted, he tossed her on her back and put the silver manacles back on. "I will come back for you when I'm done with everything."

Now it was Raven's turn to weakly laugh. "Oh? And you're about to go against Council orders now too? If it regards anything that makes your call in the end, you need me too. After all, I'm your second .... remember?" He gazed back at her, an annoyed hiss leaving. "...Very well. However .... " In the blink of an eye, he came back with a metal chain. Not quite silver though it gave off the appearance and easily fooled most others. Attaching it in between the link in the middle of her wrists as a make-shift leash of sorts, he unattached them from the headboard. "Follow .... " He ordered.

"....Like this?!" She was mortified to dare be dragged around like some mere slave. When the answer she got was a yank at the manacles, making her hiss as the silver rubbed against her skin, she began following in order to prevent anymore pain. Both took their respective spots in the Gathering Room as Derick sighed, looking over to Raven. "I've heard rumors Jacob has been gathering an army. However, between what I have just smelled and knowing he's usually a man of his word like myself ... I think, if anything, we may have found whom he has been seeking. At least one of them. I will await to see if I can be given proof of otherwise."

Keeping the chain firmly held in his left hand, he then resumed his wait. If he heard back on nothing, he would inform Jacob. However, he would give his own soldier time and - for now - benefit of the doubt. After all, it would probably take a while to gain said evidence. Save for their breathing, both remained silent. Anyone who walked in or by would know one thing; Derick was infuriated with Raven at the moment.

((Gathering Room?))

Jacob got to the van and saw the vampires trapped inside. He growled a bit as he punched a fist through the windshield and pulled the male out of the van as he held him in his hand.
"Why attack? Who are you and who is your leader?"
The male, smiled as blood dripped from his mouth and he just hung there in the Lycan's grasp.
"A war is coming mutt. One that you can't imagine. We're going to tear these houses down from the inside...this treaty isn't peace, it's weakness. Vampires are the Alpha race. You mutts deserve chains like the dogs you are."
He said as he spat at him.

The soldier that had spoken to Derick came back and smiled.
"Sire, the Lycan's were gathering to catch the vampires responsible, they are right outside the gates now."
He said as he bowed to his Master and was panting a bit from all the running around he'd just been doing. As the vampires gathered at the gates to see the commotion Jacob looked over to see Derick and his daughter standing at the gate as well.
"This is your kind, I think you'd know how to get more out of him. I just want to kill him. You interrogate, I'll kill."
He said as he watched the male leave the gate, leaving his daughter in his territory. As they watched him come over the male he was holding smiled and reached into his pocket pulling out a small box and when he flicked a switch a little red light showed.
"Good bye mutt."

"DOWN!"
He yelled as he threw the male away from him and tackled Derick as the van exploded and a hail of silver spikes shot out of the van. They weren't big enough to kill but that didn't mean they didn't hurt. When the smoke cleared Derick was unharmed but there was a bleeding mass of fur above him as Jacob had taken several of the silver darts into his back. Several of his own were whining and whimpering on the ground as they'd not only been thrown back but they looked like big pin cushions. The vampires had all been able to move behind the walls of the house gate so they had been safe. Jacob was unconscious from both the blast and the assorted silver bolts in his back. He way currently pinning Derick's legs to the ground simply because he was two hundred twenty pounds of dead weight currently. However this would instill into the male's mind that he was a male of his word and was not after him specifically, he'd not only saved his daughter twice but now took several possible killing blows for him.

"...I figured as much." He scoffed in annoyance as he stood. "You all were, I assume, informed of the Council's decision at any rate were you not? Otherwise you'd know that would be the stupidest thing Jacob could do right now. Now then ... leave us." Even before Jacob had arrived, he dragged Raven out beside him. Leaning against the gate while still holding Raven's 'leash', sure enough, Jacob did indeed arrive. He nodded his hand and began to take the vampire from him ... before his own eyes caught the exploding device.

Pulling Raven against his chest, he held her firmly. The combination of both Jacob's body and her own father's kept her perfectly safe. Derick was only safe thanks to Jacob and ... Raven wasn't the only one who hated feeling 'in debt' to someone. A low growl left Derick's lips as he glanced shakily down to Raven first. Everything had happened so fast ... the poor girl had fainted from everything. A sigh of relief that nothing had wounded her at least left his lips. Finally, he turned to glance down at Jacob, holding Raven in his arms.

A loud whistle left as he called for some of the others to get outside. "Out here ... now! Get him and the others in and treat them! It is the least we can and will do." Glancing down at the vampire Jacob had tried to turn in, he gave a firm nod. "Get him treated but restrained. I will deal with him personally later." Hoisting Raven over one shoulder, keeping her held by her ankles, he began working on getting Jacob inside. Now with this gesture ... he was ready to seriously consider getting the two wed. He certainly didn't have to safe Raven ... and there had to be a reason besides morals that he had continued to help her out. He would find out - one way or another - if there was a deeper meaning than 'the right thing' as to why he had done all he had so far. If so .... maybe something could be figured out.

(The same room they met after the Council gave their verdict ...similar to an office and living room combined. Hence the name .. where you gather your troops/allies and plan for things. Ah well =P)

When Jacob came too, about four hours later, he felt like he'd just been repeatedly hit by a truck and groaned as he sat up. He was in his human form again and lying face down on a table or bed of some sort. He wasn't the only one either, several of his men were scattered around just starting to wake up. Vampires were lucky in one way, all they had to do was feed and poof, they were healed. Lycan's not so much. They had to wait and rest. It normally only took a few hours if the wounds were small enough like these, but a decent wound took a day at least. Grunting as he stood up and walked to some of his fellow Lycan to check on them. Once he was sure everyone was alright and able to move on their own he called his people and told them to come and pick them up. Needless to say there would be a line of vans and trucks waiting outside the vampire manor.

Once he had some pants on, Jacob stumbled out of the room and found a vampire guard.
"We're going home to tend to our own...where is your Master?"
He asked as the vampire was a bit stunned that he was up and walking around after such a massive injury, however as Alpha he couldn't afford to be out of the game for too long.

By four hours, both Derick and Raven were awake. The latter, however, had been chained back to her bed. "You stay there. I'm still infuriated with your ... attitude." Raven had only been awake for about half an hour and wasn't yet at full strength. The make-shift leash made it all the more easier for him to re-chain her also. "...But Father!" That was as far as she got before he stormed out.

As he arrived at the gate, his arms went across his chest. "You sure you should be heading back like that? I will inform you how things with the vampire you found go later. However, before you go I have some questions regarding Raven for you. Be honest ... is there another motive for you helping her out? It is as you said; you certainly have never had to. Is it really just because you're doing 'the right thing'? Or ... is there more to your actions?"

Never once did his eyes leave Jacob's and the expression showed the same serious look in his crimson hues. His body language ... everything hinted that he was being dead serious on all he was saying. He knew Jacob was more than smart enough; and to his knowledge, the Alpha had no mate. It would be a win-win as far as Derick was seeing. This could be one way to ensure that from his clan at least, the war would be over. He'd have a way to keep his bloodline going and Raven definitely needed a man to keep her in line. He had heard her concerns about the vampires only using her to gain power and not give a damn. To extents, he couldn't blame her. Jacob had proven that even if only a bit, he cared more than most of the others here.

Jacob was limping as he walked to the gate but stopped as he looked back at the male. Seeing him and his posture he tapped his head giving the male permission to enter his mind.
'When I first found your daughter on my land I would have killed her. I didn't know who she was, she was merely a vampire on my land. However I saw something in her eyes. An Alpha can never kill a female who shows submission the way she did. She seemed to be at wits end...she still seems that way. I feel bad for her. I know the problems with love and caring that you vampires face. You were one of the lucky ones Derick, and I know you know it. Your mate loved you and you loved her. There was no power gain there, it was love that you two shared...which is why I think you're so afraid of letting your daughter grow up. She's the last thing you have of your mate. However you're smothering her my friend. She's hit her breaking point and that's what I saw. That's why I am attempting to be kind to her, because she needs it.'

Breaking the communication with the male he nodded to him and spoke in a soft tone.
"Think about it Derick. You'll see it too...look into her eyes and look hard."
He said as he winced and turned as he got into the van and drove back to his home.

((Got a small twist for the story, a good one too ;) ))

An eyebrow raised in intrigue but he nodded and formed the connection with Jacob. He could hear a sigh when he had finished his words before he took his turn to reply back, At wits end hm? Yes ... that would definitely be from her mother, no doubt. When she worried ... did she ever fret. A weak chuckle was heard before he went on, Actually, I've been torn. I find myself switching between smothering her and shoving her towards things I know she doesn't want. Still .... you're right. And I know this isn't making it easier on her. He turned away, his back to Jacob so he couldn't see the rare sight of tears beginning to form in his eyes. They silently began to fall, especially at his last words.

With a soft "Thank you ..." He kept his gaze downward, refusing to be seen by anyone else like this. Once his composure was back and he'd gotten his tears out of his system, he went back into Raven's room. Sitting beside her, he took her jaw silently and began to follow Jacob's suggestion and simultaneous advice.

"...Um .... dad?" His index finger from his free hand went upon her lips to silence her as he continued to gaze. He could hear her heart race, obviously confused and a bit scared now. It took quite a while, but Derick did see all Jacob had pointed out. With a slow nod, he unchained Raven silently.

"...Um ... thanks?" She asked questioningly, slowly sitting up.

He gave her a soft smile, caressing her cheek gently. "You really are your mother's child. I am done ... for now. I will allow you to make your own choices; with everything. Marriage, when you are ready to take over ... any and everything." With that, he bowed his head and left, but not before taking the manacles with him. It was his silent way of reassuring her those wouldn't be used on her again.

Raven blinked, even more confused. What ... just happened? She asked herself, unable to believe her luck. She expected much, much worse from him. But ... she had just been given a rare display of mercy. Why?

(I don't mind twists but may I know? Whether through here or a PM with the details? =P)

When Jacob got home he was greeted by the medical staff of his house as well as the one and only vampire that lived in his home as a welcomed member of the family, Derick's mate. Jacob had found her all alone in the woods with a massive wound in her stomach and she was bleeding out fast. He'd allowed her to feed from him but when she was reluctant to go home he was curious as to why. Apparently the second in command wasn't fond of the war ending and wanted the vampire Community to be the rulers of both races, humans and Lycan's. So he'd ripped her stomach open and was going to blame her death on the Lycan's.

Naturally Jacob just wanted her to return home to avoid that kind of stress but after a few other things regarding her child were disclosed he agreed to let her stay and over the years he'd learned a lot from the female, often going to her for advice on things. When she saw his wounds she healed him as best she could then looked at him as he was carried to his room and laid in bed.
"So? How did it go?"
"He knows. He understands now. I saw it in his eyes. You can go home now."
Selene smiled at him and nodded as she looked at him.
"Would you go with me?"
"When I have healed...of course."

Which of course took a full day in a half but when he'd healed up completely he called Derick and requested a council with him. The male sounded tired, but he'd agreed. Selene was hidden in the van as Jacob, Drake, Derick and his daughter were in the room together. Jacob simply looked at the male and smiled when he looked slightly confused.
"I want your word...you will not strike out at me until after you've heard."
As he looked down right baffled Jacob shook his head and offered his hand.
"Your word Derick. And your's Raven."
He said as he looked at the two while Drake had a shit eating grin and was on the phone. When they shook his hand Drake spoke.
"Okay, come on in."

When he hung up there were a few audible gasps heard outside the door as one of the vampire soldiers spoke loudly obviously surprised.
"What the fuck?!"
Jacob and Drake both grinned and just backed way out of arms reach of Derick and Raven as the door opened and Selene was standing in the door way in a beautiful white summer dress, her favorite kind, and her hair let down just the way Derick loved it so that he could bury his nose into it and just take in her scent.

By the next 36 hours, poor Raven was still a bit confused on what had happened. The last talk with her father had been very weird. Not that she wasn't appreciative. But ... where had the change of heart come from? It wasn't like him at all. She had begun to contemplate holding a masquerade to see about finding if maybe she had been making an unfair assumption. She had been ready to tell her father too ... but they were both informed that Jacob needed to see them, again. The visits were getting somewhat tiring ... but they seemed necessary.

Derick was also confused but for his own reasons. He'd done all he could in the past hours to try to interrogate the vampire Jacob had gotten. His mind, however, had been so much on Raven that he hadn't done as good as normal. He was ready to apologize to Jacob about that in fact before his first words. ".....Very well. Go on. You've definitely got my attention."

Raven, on the other hand, gave Jacob a playful smirk. "Heh, even if I tried you've already shown it wouldn't go well. Still ... I won't."

And then ... a figure neither had seen for so long seemed to abruptly reappear before both their eyes.

"..... Mom?!"

"....Selene? Beloved?" Derick was the first to run up. A somewhat shaky hand traced along her cheek, ensuring this was real and not a dream. "....How .... how long? When ... ??" He looked between Selene and Jacob for answers, torn between how to feel. A firm yet gentle grip wrapped around her as he held her against his chest.

The actions Raven was seeing from her father confirmed this had to be true, not an illusion. "...B-but ...but ..." She took an opposite type of reaction than Derick. Gravity began to overtake her as the poor girl began to faint.

Jacob and Drake watched for a moment then Jacob moved fast and caught Raven before setting her in her father's chair. He nodded to Selene as she was crying and hugging her mate but she did nod to him as they left the room to give the family some time. Selene then described to him everything that had happened, how she'd been hurt, by who, the why's and what Jacob had done for her. She then told him why she didn't come back. Their last argument had gotten rather loud and she was feeling torn, but she was also afraid of what Jason would do should she come back, so she stayed dead and simply got to know Jacob and helped him.

"That's why Jacob never killed any vampires. He did it out of respect for me. I asked him not to. He really is a very respectable male Derick and you need to see that. These attacks. I'm betting that they're from Jason. He's probably started a rebel Coven of vampires who wish to rule all. He's teasing the power hungry with unlimited power so he's probably got quite a few followers. We need to be smart about this, not living in the past."

Selene stayed in her mate's arms the whole time and then they both went to go and rouse Raven.

Jacob and Drake were out front with some very shocked guards who just saw their mistress walk in through the front door like she'd just gone out for a walk.

"...Jason?" He murmured, his mind trying to recall and match the name and face. It wasn't coming to him though, not now. His mind was strictly on the 'here and now' more than anything. His hands remained upon the small of her back as he held Selena close, fearing once he let go she'd disappear again. He gave a low sigh before a slow nod left. ".... Alright. One ... one step at a time. Jason ... isn't coming to my mind. However, it does match Raven's theory on a coup trying to be formed. Before we wake her though ... "

He leaned her head up. For a bit, he gazed deeply into her eyes, moving his fingers gently through her hair. "I've missed you .... " His hand was still trembling a bit as he leaned down and kissed her lips deeply. Slowly pulling away, he intertwined a hand with one of hers, smiling softly. "She ... has taken up from you in quite a bit; appearance and personality. I think you'll be quite proud of her."

The form of her mother suddenly showing up had repeated in her mind for a bit. It had felt like a dream. A low groan left as her eyes opened. She found herself, thankfully, in a chair and not on the floor. Her gaze had first gone to her dad and a small laugh left her lips. "Ah Father. I had the weirdest dream .... " The sight of him holding the same woman's hand and her being beside Derick made her stand slowly up.

"...W-wait a sec. Holy .... mom?! Wait ... is that ... really you?" Now she took her turn, even moving some raven strands of her hair out of the way of her crimson eyes as she got up closer to better inspect the figure. It'd been far too long ... it was making her want to cry, something that she had a feeling her dad was fighting to do then and there.

Selene looked at him as he spoke, still single minded. Glad that hadn't changed.
"Your second in command. Jason. Remember? If memory serves according to Jacob you exiled him about eight years ago?"
She asked as she looked at him and smiled into his kiss, holding him close and shivered against him as she pulled back. As the two of them smiled at their daughters first few words, getting her used to the fact that she was back was also a task.

As they all got over the initial shock she looked at Derick as he walked, her hand in his.
"Do remember love. You promised you would not hit Jacob."
She said with a giggle as they opened the door to see Drake standing there smoking a cigarette off to the side and Jacob arguing with a few guards on who had the funniest expressions. One of the guards was actually laughing.
"I don't know Jacob, I think that Selene and Raven both have the funniest. It's almost like ruffling the feathers of a bird. They both swell up and pout."
Jacob laughed and nodded.
"This is true, although I get more humor out of Derick. A stoic face isn't the greatest when hiding shock or confusion....or annoyance like right now."
He said as he looked over to see a slightly annoyed look on Derick's face as they were poking fun at him.

Selene crossed her arms and pouted and Drake smiled with a point.
"There it is...better be careful Jacob, she may slug ya again."
Jacob rubbed his cheek and nodded.
"Wouldn't want that. Although I still think it was uncalled for."
Selene stomped her foot a bit with a giggle showing she wasn't really that upset.
"You called me fat!"
"No...I simply said if you kept eating you'd GET FAT, not that you were fat!"
He said in defense as he shot out of arms reach when she swung at him again. Letting both Raven and Derick know that Jacob did have a playful side when you earned the right to see it.

It hadn't been until she reminded him that the very same second-in-command Raven was taking over was whom she was referring to. It made him sigh lightly. Oh the irony of the situation. He scoffed in annoyance as Jason came back to his mind finally, nodding lightly. "Tch, yeah. I remember him now along with the promise I made Jacob."

Raven frowned to hear that they thought her to be so amusing apparently. "Hmph, please. I do no such thing .... " She murmured, pulling away from a hug she'd been in the midst of with her mom before crossing her arms across her chest. It hadn't been till she had finished doing it that she noticed just how much she did indeed look like her mom; in quite a few ways. It made her smirk and slightly blush in pride.

Derick cleared his throat, his own smirk crossing his face. "You know, Jacob, I am still here right? Don't speak to me as if I can't hear you." He then did get a more serious expression. "On a more serious note ... may I repeat something Raven did almost a week ago? Mainly the idea with a treaty between my clan and yours?" The same serious tone was in his voice again and the eye contact he made and kept with Jacob proved - or so he hoped - all the more that he meant it.

Jacob smirked at Derick and bowed slightly then looked at the male as he mentioned the treaty again.
"You already do have something that we value, she's standing right there. Your mate has become like family to my pack and I over the time she's been with us, she's taught us and me a lot. That's you're saving grace. Whatever treaty you wish to try, she's the bargaining chip or the sacred person...no offense Selene."
"None taken, I'm touched actually."
She said as Jacob rolled his eyes a bit then chuckled.
"However, I'll listen to what your idea's were in the matter?"

"Well .... now that she has reminded me why I haven't had a second in so long ... it's made me begin to start putting pieces together. Even before I dismissed Jason, I had felt .... uneasy about him being around any of my clan, though especially the women." Taking the time to put an arm around both Selene and Raven, he then continued, "Between the findings of all the women recently and the 'hit and run' .... I wouldn't be too astounded if somehow, he's behind it. It seems a bit weird that he's targeting you more than me though given the issues are amongst us. However, he's never been one for direct confrontation." His tongue shifted to the more ancient one as he murmured, "Fucking coward, always was one ... "

Thinking a bit on how to proceed, he gave a light nod after a bit. "You are not the only one who wants a couple things. One is the bloodshed to stop. Another is you're definitely not the only one annoyed - for a lack of a kind word - that the 'hit and run' incident even happened at all. It's tainted my name even though this wasn't my orders. I'm not happy about this ... not at all. Given we both have those in common ... why not help watch one another's backs?"

Letting his arms remain gently but firmly around Selene and Raven for a bit, he then moved forward and offered his hand out to Jacob. "What say you?"

Raven remained close by her mother while simultaneously listening. The change in her father was ... eye-opening. Were it not for the fact she was listening and hearing every second of this, she'd swear it was a different man. ...Jason? She felt herself inwardly cringe as a few memories of the mentioned vampire came to her. She had spied on a couple of his meetings when she was bored and remembered the former figure that used to sit beside her father. She could never pinpoint or prove why, but he had a creepier-than-usual vibe of sorts to him. She had never liked him ... and now it seemed she had even less reasons to. Assuming, of course, this theory was all accurate at all.

Jacob listened to the old male then smirked as he looked at Drake.
"Well, what do you think Drake?"
Drake put his cigarette out on the ground and let a slow billow of smoke out before smirking.
"Sounds like a nice change of pace to me. Been fighting one another for so long maybe working together will be interesting. Hell this soldier here is pretty chill, he's a bit of a puss when it comes to speaking his mind but work at him enough and you'll get it out."
He said as he chuckled when the guard made a face.

Jacob looked at Derick and smiled as he offered his hand to the male.
"Sounds like a deal. However we'll start all the important talk tomorrow. I'm sure you'd like to spend some time with your mate. Lord know's I heard enough about you to know that she's missed you...by the way...I didn't know you have a freckle?"
He said as he actually watched a blush slap Derick's face and both Drake and Jacob burst out laughing as Selene giggled a bit and gave an apologetic smile to her mate.

Derick gave a nod of agreement. "That .... " He had already accepted the hand and had began to shake it. Upon being revealed the intriguing ... fact, however, he squeezed slightly. It was in a half-teasing and half-serious manner, though much more the first emotion. "...sounds very fair. And yes ... definitely. I have quite a lot to make up for in that regard of lost time."

Letting go of the handshake, he then scooped up Selene in his arms. Putting his lips beside Raven's ear, he whispered, "You go .... occupy yourself. I doubt you'd want to watch .. listen .. or both." This would be his new way of getting back at her for her 'attitudes'. Without allowing anyone else to bother him, he began carrying Selene into their room. It had been rather well cleaned and maintained throughout the years. Using a foot to close the door, he then lied her down. "Have you fed recently love?" He asked softly.

Raven had to think a few times on the last thing her father had whispered ... then blushed. "....Sometimes ... " She murmured, shaking her head before glancing back over to Jacob. "...Thank you for ... well .... everything. Especially keeping mom safe though." She paused before adding lowly. "....You really have that much faith in me I'll be decent enough to lead this clan?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom