Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the two races discovered one another the war between vampires and Lycan's has lasted throughout the ages, the reasons for this war are unknown and many just don't care anymore. The two races normally stay away from one another and the combat goes about as far as dirty glares or growls. They stay out of each other's territories and all goes on. However in the most recent events humans have discovered the existence of vampires due to too many humans being changed by gluttonous vampires and the spot light is now on them causing their Coven's to disband and hide.

The Lycan's are able to hide much easier and simply go on with their lives. Several vampires have been killed by Lycan's because they ran into their territory to get away from humans then caused trouble. The biggest Lycan pack in the area belonged to an Alpha named Jacob Dawn. Jacob was born a Lycan around the mid 1400's and has been an Alpha for the past sixty years. Becoming an Alpha isn't something you are born into, it's a title that you earn through combating other males and defeating them as well as showing dominance to anyone around you. Jacob is one of those Alpha's. Given his age he's also one of the most powerful immortals in the state of Texas. Vampires are being hunted and captured by the government, thermal imagery allows the 'Hunters' to see the lowered body temperature of the vampires and distinguish them among humans.

One day while Jacob was out checking the borders of his mansion's territory, his mansion being where a large number of his pack stayed, he came across a female vampire who was wounded by a silver dart. Both races were allergic to silver, not just one like the humans thought. Vampires are more than capable of walking in the sunlight, it merely makes them a bit sluggish. Crosses, holy water, garlic, wooden stakes, none of those work. A silver blade or object through the heart will paralyze any immortal but only taking off their heads kills them. Seeing the wounded female he growls and goes to attack but the look in her eyes reminds him of a wounded puppy. The amount of submission in her eyes despite the races differences makes him unable to attack. No Alpha would attack a female who has showed that she submits. Sighing he just stares at her and wonders what to do. Should he just kill her and be done with it, or risk his pack's well being and his own sanity and take her back to his home to look after her?

Looking around for a moment Jacob then crouches down and gets face to face with the female but stays out of arms reach since he was still a bit weary of her.
"Why are you on my land vampire?"
Jacob's voice was deep and masculine, with a hint of an old English accent to it, letting her know that he was pretty old. That and his face was known to many of the vampire Coven's since the war started.

"What are you thinking?! Go out and hunt!" The sounds of crashing and things being tossed at her both echoed and were replayed in her mind.

"No daughter of mine is going to be an idiot and not feed! Now go! Find prey for yourself!"

The last thing she had done was bowed her head in an apology, sigh, and head off. It had been nearly three days since then. And the one time she had gotten close and actually tried to obey her father's orders .... everything had gone to Hell. Well, it may as well have in the literal sense. It definitely did in a metaphorical one though.

The supposed 'human' turned out to be a damn hunter! Before she could get too close, it'd wounded her. Worse off, with a damn dart of all things! Normally this wouldn't be an issue except for a couple major factors. One ... it was made of silver. Two, she hadn't been feeding for two long. So even with her being a pureblooded vampire, her healing was much slower than it should have been.

The mentioned weapon had been discarded away, tossed into a nearby tree across from her. She was pissed! It was bad enough that she was weak and wounded but now to make it worse ... lost. Her black hair covered most of her face as she shook her head.

"Lovely. Fucking lovely ... " She murmured, bowing her head in anger, shame even. It'd been a couple hours since her injury and she hadn't found enough strength within her to even stand. Her head rested upon her knees. She was ready to embrace undeath for having been so stupid.

It seemed, however, fate had other things in store for her. A rough voice made her weakly look up .... and damn well nearly pale. She had wondered why these lands felt so ... foreign. It wasn't those of a vampire but the Lycan's territory. Shit shit shit ...

Managing to succeed in pushing herself right against the tree she'd been resting against, she forced her weary crimson eyes to gaze right up into the Lycan. Had this been the way Death would wind up embracing her. Not overly wanting to think on it right now, she scoffed at the mere idea as she finally spoke up. "....Hunting gone wrong. Problem with that?" She nodded her head to the tossed away dart.

The weak weapon hadn't hit anywhere vital, thankfully. But in her state with not having fed for so long ... it did more than it usually would have. Her right shoulder showed where the mark had been made. Blood had stopped falling only because she had applied pressure on the area and forced it to cease. She'd even tried drinking some of her own blood ... but it wasn't as good as a freshly caught prey.

Her own heart raced as fast as it could in her tired state as she waited. If she couldn't even really get up on her own feet, she knew from that alone there would be no way Raven would be able to fight. In fact ... she almost felt as if this specific Lycan was familiar somehow though she couldn't quite place a finger on it.

Jacob raised an eyebrow as she asked if he had a problem.
"Actually yes. I do have a problem female. You're on my land. I should kill you right here but...you seem to be doing a fairly decent job at that yourself. I must say though, you are the first suicidal vampire I've met so thank you for that. Your race has hit an all time low."
He said with a growl as he sniffed her and shook his head.
"You haven't fed in quite some time."

He said as he looked around and as he did he sighed and found a small burrow. Reaching over he picked up a thick branch and slammed it against the ground. When the hare jumped out of the hole Jacob snatched the rabbit from the air and snapped its neck then tossed it to her feet.
"Drink that. It'll give you enough strength to get your ass off of my land."
He said as he shook his head and stood up. Turning around he noticed a group of Hunter's heading his way and sighed.
"And of course...you bring Hunter's with you. How old are you vampire? Two?"
He asked as he stood where he was and looked at the three men who walked over to him.

"Evening gentlemen. Can I help you with something?"

"Oh fuck off." She murmured lowly, not overly fond at having been spoken to in such a manner. Even when he killed the hare in front of her, part of her wanted to just turn her head away and refuse from feeding. But the sight made her stomach clench from lack of food as did the smell. An annoyed hiss left as she knelt over the bleeding body and began drinking, knowing her life literally depended on it. All he got for an answer was a middle finger shooting up in his face though the last thing she did was cease feeding.

It wasn't until she felt enough strength in her to stand that she did just that. Hastily wiping blood - some of it at any rate - from her lips to make her appearance as less obvious as possible, she then began trying to take her leave. Certainly not because the Lycan had insisted; no because she wanted to. Hell if she'd dare to listen to someone else whom wasn't even her father. Fuck and that ... She merely thought, beginning to try to navigate her way back.

"This doesn't concern you sir."
One of the Hunter's said as they fired a cross bow, the bolt sinking deep into the females leg dropping her yet again. Well wasn't this dandy. Sighing he held his hands up and watched as the humans made their way towards her. Jacob waited till their backs were to him and as she turned to see her attackers while one pulled a silver dagger she'd see Jacob's human form shifting into a seven foot tall, easily two hundred pounds of muscle and fur. His snout was long and his teeth were razor sharp as he ran towards one of the humans and slammed an open hand onto the top of his head. The man's head exploded from the impact, sending bits of skull out as he dropped to the ground. When the others turned Jacob scared the piss out of them as he roared and slapped one clear across the clearing. The one holding the dagger stabbed him in the leg and he whined but his fangs tore into his shoulder as he literally ripped the man apart.

Reaching down he pulled the dagger and tossed it aside, then ran into the woods and grabbed the one that he'd thrown. He was alive still but he was broke in a few places. Dragging him back to the female he dropped the groaning human in front of her and used a nail to cut the male's neck just enough to get his blood in the air.
"Drink vampire. You need it."
He said in a deep dark voice while his wolf form stayed present and he sat on his haunches off to the side so that his leg could heal.

"Fucking ..... argh!" She sank to one knee as the bolt connected, hissing in agony. She shut her eyes as she grasped the bolt and yanked it out of her, another hiss leaving. A low scoff left as she saw this had silver too. Damnit all ... lovely. Fucking lovely .... Her fists clenched angrily as she tried to push herself up. Now with an additional wound added into the equation, though, it was easier said than done. Familiar sounds of a transformation happening were practically beside her. Sure enough, as her head turned, the Lycan had revealed himself to the others, in his more 'true' form now. Her eyes closed as she waited. She was next ... she knew it. It would make the wars between them worse but what was the point? They'd already gone on for so long and far. What was one more casualty, even if it was the daughter of the leader of the vampires?

Her eyes shot open as fresh blood caught her nose. She looked up in obvious confusion and slight annoyance. Her pride was dying faster than herself. "W...why are you helping me?! We're not on the same side even!" Still, this would be much better than the rabbit she knew. Pulling the man closer by his hair, she turned his head roughly aside. Any pleas or begging he would give were definitely not heard.

With much less hesitation than when the rabbit had been presented to her, she sank her fangs through. A low moan left her lips as she began to eagerly feed. It was helping the regeneration speed up also, thankfully. "Raven ..." She murmured lowly in between drinks and moans. "The name is Raven if you don't mind ... "

Jacob looked at her as she asked him why. He didn't answer her though, he just sat there and watched her as she fed from the human and watched as he slowly sank away. He wouldn't die even if she drank all she could, but Jacob would fix that. When she spoke again he looked over at her and as he heard her name he chuckled.
"So you're the daughter of the Vampire Coven on the other side of town. The young one that causes more mischief then good for her Coven. That makes this all the better."
He said in a sarcastic tone.
"I helped you because killing you is not worth the deaths of any of my pack members. Killing you would give your kind a reason to seek out mine again. Even if you are on my land and the rules are plain as day."
He said as he took the confused human and snapped his neck to kill him then tossed his limp body aside and looked down at her.

"Get off of my territory. You have more than enough blood in your body to heal and be strong. I'm sure you know how to get home."
He said as he started walking and several other massive Lycan's ran over. He stopped them and shook his head.
"Bury those human remains. The last thing we need is Hunter's visiting us."
"And the vampire?"
"She's leaving."
He said as he looked at the males.
"No one touches her, just let her go."

With that he walked away. He knew he didn't give her his name, he didn't see a point in it. She'd undoubtedly figure out who she was speaking to when she got home. Her father knew Jacob's scent rather well from having fought him a few times in the past.

"Shut the hell up and let me finish feeding! I'll get, I'll get. Fuck sakes ..." Her tongue shifted to a more ancient one, no doubt her vampiric language as multiple curses - all in a low voice - left her lips. While she fed, she watched the Lycan and took note on his choice of words. He seemed to hold himself rather well ... as if he were a leader. It bothered her more that she couldn't seem to recall who he had been. She really felt like she should have. But nothing was coming up to her. Her eyes glanced over at the others, ensuring they would listen to the orders.

Once she got more than enough strength to get up - shakily or otherwise - she got on her feet. Checking out of the corner of her eyes to make sure she wasn't getting followed, she half-walked half-limped away. The wound was mostly healed .. but it still made her a bit slower from the silver. Remembering the words 'the opposite side of town' coming from the Lycan's words, she used that plus her sense of smell to help guide her back.

Once she got past the guards, she exhaled softly. Now to just get ... But of course, that alone was much easier said than done. Her father literally appearing before her eyes was ample proof of that. He grasped her jaw and leaned forward, inhaling deeply.

"Good, you fed." A light frown left as he sniffed again. "....Hm? This is ... " He looked up in thought, his hand going from her jaw to a hand. It only took a few minutes before he hissed angrily. "What do you think you were doing near there?!" He hissed, glaring down into Raven's eyes.

"Hunting of course!"

He stayed silent, seeming to gaze past her eyes and into her soul. He sighed lowly as no detection of lies came to him. "....Fine. But really? Three days to find one prey? Unacceptable. You're my daughter! I expect much better of you. I am glad you got back alive. However ... I will not go easy on you for your pathetic performance." With that, he dragged her to her room.

Her eyes rolled at his words but still, she said nothing. It'd all get much worse if he knew she hadn't been the one to have caught the prey either. As her bed came into view, she felt herself tossed upon it. Before she could speak up, a knee had thrust itself on her chest, right below her breasts. One of her father's arms easily caught both of hers. "This does pain me, even if it doesn't look like it." A gloved hand pulled a silver pair of manacles that had been attached to her bed, hinting this had been done more than enough times, as he attached them to her wrists.

Only when this was done did he stand up. "We will try this again later. I expect you to be done much faster. And if that doesn't give you enough incentive .... " He allowed his sentence to trail off, shooting her an annoyed glare before walking away.

Raven instantly squirmed at the constant contact from the silver. Hisses left in rapid succession as she tried to pull or jerk away, but to no avail. Damnit all ..... ah! Her head tossed back as she screamed in agony. The pain overrode any adrenaline rush she'd had and it didn't take much longer for her to finally pass out, the manacles still firmly attached to her wrists.

Naturally Jacob doubled the guard around his land to keep an eye out for any vampires in his area and after the first week when no one showed up he let the guards ease up and go back to normal routine which they were happy about, it meant they got to spend time with their mates and off spring. A week after his little run in with the vampire he was out in the city, the neutral ground for the two races and as he was walking he felt someone bump into him and as he lifted his hand to be polite and apologize he was face to face with the head vampire and a few of his men, as well as the female he recognized.

Jacob looked at the male and noticed he'd gathered a bit of attention and had quite a few vampires around him. Looking at the male he smirked and shook his head with a sigh.
"So may I ask what the shoulder check was for?"
"You were in my way. You should watch were you're walking mutt."
Jacob laughed a bit.
"I could say the same to you...it seems to run in the family of not watching where one is going. Oh, and call me a mutt again, and your Coven will need a new head vampire. You and I have fought before remember. You needed to be carried away by your soldiers after I mopped the battle field with your sorry corpse."
He said as he snapped his jaws then shook his head as he lifted his hand and pointed behind them were a wall of Lycan's had come up behind them and were all glaring at them.

"Shall we see who is left standing here? If I recall this is Neutral grounds. You just purposefully checked your shoulder into me because I wasn't watching where I was going. I do believe the conjoined council won't look too highly on that move."
As he said this the male hissed simply because he knew Jacob was right. Any one, regardless of rank, who threatened another race in neutral ground was going to be punished. Even something as simple as a shoulder check. Looking at the male Jacob smiled as he waved off his Lycan's.
"Jacob by the way. Not mutt. Remember it vampire."
He said as he smiled at the group and walked away, simply weaving through the crowd of vampires before continuing on his walk.

The week had passed as well as it could for Raven. She had indeed been forced to hunt and feed better. Each time had gone smoother than the last and it pleased her father greatly. Now, however, he'd been pushing for marriage, insisting the bloodline needed to continue. This was true, she wouldn't deny that. But why the rush? He didn't seem to be in any immediate danger. For the time being, she'd been refusing. Yes, this definitely got her slaps - usually worse - but she had been through much worse. In fact, she had stayed with the manacles around her wrists for three days to ensure she wouldn't be an idiot and avoid feeding again. It'd worked ... to some degrees.

She had fed yesterday so compared to a week ago, she was much stronger. So why am I doing this crap and following him again? Aside from the fact of having been forced, she had no idea what she was doing or where they were going. Not immediately anyways. It took a while but she recognized this as the Neutral Grounds she had tried to find and miserably failed at. Her body tensed slightly as she saw Jacob again, and more when him and her father had words. Not the worst ... but it still created quite the atmosphere all the same.

A weary sigh left her lips as she glanced to Jacob out of the corner of her eye and looked back to her father. "Do you mind explaining what we're even doing here at all?" She murmured lowly. No answer, which made her sigh again. She'd give anything to turn on her feet and run. This felt and seemed so pointless ... so foolish. But she would definitely not be able to outrun her father. She knew her limits when they were necessary; now was going to be one of them, unfortunately for Raven.

Jacob and the other lycan's soon headed towards a fund raises for human children who had no homes and were considered the outcasts of society. Jacob himself walked over to a young female who was about twelve and her brother who was eight. He smiled as he crouched down and accepted hugs from both of them as all of the Lycan's hugged random children who looked terribly excited to see them. It was pretty well known that Lycan's were all about family, but that family stretched far and wide, now it seemed that some of that family was children that didn't have anyone to call a family. Who better to have on your side then one of the most powerful Lycan families on this side of the globe?

As he stood up he was carrying the young boy and holding the young girls hand. Each Lycan taking a specific child as they went to spend the day with them. As more Lycan's showed up it seemed that this was a rather large even for the Lycan community.

Just as the Lycans were a symbol for family, the Vampires matched this aspect for power. Not only physical but mental as well though it was true it did lean more for the first. It seemed a bit ironic to Raven given just glancing out at so many of the soldiers - veterans or those whom hadn't yet even been deployed out - seemed like they would be damn good Hunters. In fact, she had been ready to ask her father what he was thinking .... when he pulled her beside him?! It made her panic though it didn't dare show on her face. No, she wouldn't allow mere humans to see something like that.

It had felt like forever but finally they were out of range and sight from the soldiers. Though her father had let go of her wrist, he ensured she remained close by. She glanced over, her heart still racing a bit from the unusual amount of attention. "And what the hell was that for?!" She finally managed to get out in a quiet but still audible voice, causing her father to chuckle.

"Simple; you will need to be used to that sort of attention. Especially when you are wed."

That definitely made her stop in her tracks as she crossed her arms across her chest. "....Why are you pushing for this now? Is it not enough I'll have to take over when it's time? You wonder why I'm declining your orders and words?! It's simple. Let ... me.... choose .... when .... I'm .... ready! Don't set the damned pace for me! If I have to think of marriage and taking over your spot, so be it. But you are not choosing whom I end up with or purposely trying to make me get ready."

A scoff resounded especially at the last sentence. "Like I would do that. Really though ... " He too stopped, standing - no, towering - over Raven as he grabbed her jaw roughly. "You are trying my patience. You say you want to be an adult yet you barely feed on your own. I have to give you 'incentives' to even do that. Do you now see why I am doing all this for you?! Until you can prove to me I don't need to, fine. Until then, however, I can and will do all I must for you. Do not make me strike you here and now!" With that, he let go, barely avoiding his nails from dragging across her skin and drawing some blood out.

Giving her one last glare, it went to the other bodyguards. "Well? What are you staring at?" Once they realized his words were true, they shook their heads and resumed their true job, standing around the leader and his daughter as they began escorting them back.

Raven wanted so badly to sigh ... but she didn't dare. Not with her father here. Nor did she rub her sore jaw. She did however begin to seriously think on his words. She avoided feeding to prevent gathering attention to Hunters. But last week had proven even some could just find and come to you. She gave a light nod at that logic, beginning to see the point in hunting out prey; even if you try to 'behave' that doesn't guarantee anything in the end. So her mind then went to marriage. That, she figured, was mainly to help with taking over for when she needed to.

Still though ... none of the others I like and I'm pretty sure none would take me to genuinely give a damn about me. They'd do it for the obvious reasons ... what we represent. Power. How does he not see this? How can he expect me to try to bother looking at one of the others at all? The last question ... was a stupid one, one she already knew. Because the bloodline continued through pureblooded Vampire marriages. Still though .... it made her wish sometimes she wasn't related to a leader. She was now beginning to understand how humans that were royalty must feel if their own parents were this pushy for such things. It must suck.

Jacob looked up as he overheard the commotion with the vampires and raised an eyebrow to the whole getting married thing. Those vampires were so odd forcing marriage. Arranged marriages were so much weaker then a true love marriage. Which is what all Lycan's had. Any mated pair fell for one another of their own accord. Shaking his head to that he went back to what he was doing and simply played with the children and smiled as they played with him. He knew quite a few humans here too, Hunter's even. Lycan's hadn't been discovered yet because they hid much easier then a vampire. That and Lycan's didn't pose as great a threat to the humans. They didn't feed off of them and they rarely to every changed them. Lycan's could easily survive off of cattle and other forms of wild life so they were just a much bigger animal.

Seeing one of the female Hunter's he waved to her, she knew what he was simply because she'd gotten in a tussle with a vampire and been wounded pretty bad. He'd kept her warm one night and healed her. As he walked over and gave her a hug he smirked at the new sword she was carrying and shook his head.
"You Hunter's and your toys. Whatever happened to man to man...or woman to woman fist to fist?"
He asked as he smirked as she just rolled her eyes.
"We human's aren't exactly strong enough to do that ya know."
Jacob just shrugged and chuckled as he pat his chest.
"Food chain. That's all I'm gonna say."
He said as she slapped his arm and he chuckled again then went about his day, chatting with her and her team, playing with the children or just watching them run around.

To say Raven was bored and miserable were both understatements. But she was always too heavily guarded, otherwise she'd be gone in the blink of an eye - sooner even maybe - and trying to do things on her own for once. Then again, last time that had also seemed to do nothing but cause trouble. What the hell are we still doing here anyways? Are we not done here? She mentally asked herself. She had almost forgot her mind was like an open book to her father until he shot her a glare but said nothing.

"Another thing you need to work on; that tongue of yours. Be grateful myself nor anyone else has ripped it out yet." He warned lowly, leaving it at that. As he stopped and looked back to Raven again, his arms took their turn to cross his chest. "Tell me ... Raven .... are you truly that miserable?"

An eyebrow couldn't help but raise. No 'child' or 'daughter' ... no. He actually spoke her name for once. And the sudden tense atmosphere hinted the guards had a much better idea than her on where this was going. Her head shook no. "Not ... no but you do make it hard to even try to want to take up any of these roles. Why not let me try any of this without being forced? Do you not trust me?"

The words echoed as harshly as if he, for once, had been the one slapped. In fact, it looked like he was ready to do just that. His hand raised ... but rather than landing on her cheek, it pulled her into an embrace. A low sigh left as his head shook no. "You definitely got your mother's spirit in you. Sometimes ... no. That's not the problem. The issue is I have to shove you to make you consider half of these things. You're pushing two hundred and twenty five years old. You've been past adulthood for a while yet you act like a teenage human. It gets rather irritating at times."

With that, he pulled away from the embrace and resumed leading her. It appeared Raven wasn't the only one in shock as most of the bodyguards were too. The simple act of her father clearing his throat to them were all they needed to hint 'Focus on your job, not us' as they resumed following.

The walk around, Raven thought on this. Was she really that ... low? Being seen as a teenager human, not even a vampire? It ... mortified her, made her want to disappear all the more. Her head lowered as she thought on his words. This had been the first time he'd finally hinted a few things. One, why he was always so agitated. It was an unspoken way of him admitting he missed her mother. Two ... well ... she didn't want to think about the second.

As Jacob and his men stayed there he was about to wave good bye to the children when the back of his neck tingled and his hairs rose. Looking over down the street a van pulled around the corner going very quickly and Jacob could see two vampires in the front with masks. Narrowing his eyes he looked at the Hunter next to him then grabbed her and threw her to the ground as he did the same to the children and shifted right there in front of everyone. All of the Lycan's following suit and forming a wall of muscle and fur around the humans.

The side of the van opened and a hail of bullets flew out into the crowd. Jacob took several of them as he was one of the main bodies in the way and grit his teeth as he looked down at the children who were screaming and covering their ears while the Hunter covered them with her body as they laid there. The gunmen fired a good thirty seconds worth of bullets then dropped the Vampire Coven flag, the one that Raven belonged to and closed it's doors driving off.

Three Lycan's were messed up pretty good while Jacob was also lying on the ground. He'd taken over fourteen bullets to his back and was currently trying to shove them all out of his body to heal. As he laid there the children were hugging on his muzzle and trying to wake him up while the Hunters were all pointing their guns and cross bows at the vampires across the street. The Lycan's that weren't too messed up were looking like they were getting ready to charge them and with the wall of Lycan's that was there, not many vampires would be surviving an all out fight like this one, especially since the Lycan's and Hunter's didn't mind one another, hell some of them worked together.

Whoever had thrown that little flag down had royally fucked over that Coven.

The gunshots made both Raven and her father turn. A low hiss left her father's lips as both arrived at the scene. Her father's eyes narrowed as a low scoff left his lips. True, they were at war with the Lycans; but he had certainly not given his men consent to pull such a foolish act. He did know his limits when they were needed; and that had been completely uncalled for. Still, he hadn't been foolish enough to get too close either. After all, evidence was pointing right at him and his clan. He had no way to say he hadn't contacted them and made them do this. Making a few hand gestures, he swiftly turned, the guards getting closer to Raven and him, though more the girl.

"W-wait ... we're just leaving them like that?!" Her voice had nearly been too loud until one of the bodyguards covered her mouth to muffle it. Her father gave a nod along with a low sigh. "Alas ... we have no proof this wasn't our fault. And no damn way am I letting you get caught in this bloodshed more than you have been dragged into it. So yes ... cowardly as it may seem, come. We head home now. I'm already going to get hell about this from Jacob as it is. No need to make it worse."

Raven tried to make muffled protests about this being worse by seeming like they were trying to hide, ergo this being their fault after all. But none would let her speak. A muffled hiss left her lips as she tried to move her head away. Each failed attempt made their grip tighten and pace quicken as they soon headed back towards their main base. It was clear even though Raven had wanted to try to help, her father and his guards wouldn't allow it.

Jacob and the other Lycan's who were injured in the attack were all carried to waiting vehicles and rushed back to the mansion for medical treatment while the Lycan's who were less injured or not at all stayed behind to help with some of the Hunter's and civilians that had been injured. Some Hunter's had been killed in the attack as well, which really didn't boast well for the vampire community at all. Several hours of clean up and arguing but by the next day the events were all being brought to the main conjoined council. Jacob was there with several of his Elite Lycan, Hell Hounds, as they were called. He dropped the flag on the ground but he didn't point fingers.

"I say an investigation of the vampire Community is in order. Derick is a stubborn vampire but he's not an idiot. If he'd ordered the attack he would not have been standing out in the open for us to see. He also would have done it else where. To his credit I have never seen him nor his people attack innocent humans and children."
He said as he looked at the council who were all looking at the flag and nodding. Jacob sighed and rubbed his shoulder.
"We all want to keep the frail peace we have, it decreases the blood shed and allows out races to grow and move on. So I ask that an investigation from the council be spread throughout the Vampire Community, not just Derick's clan."

Jacob kept his eyes off of Derick because he could feel the surprised look on his face as well as the guards and the male's child. However his men were all nodding and agreeing with him. Jacob then looked to Derick.
"However, I do request that you give a written apology to the two female's who lost their mate's in yesterday's attack. One of those females is in labor today and her mate isn't there because vampires took him. Whether it was your people or not, you are the Master Vampire of this city and it would be a good mark to the several negative you currently have."
He said as he narrowed his eyes on the male.

As they arrived back at their 'base' of sorts, the guards finally let Raven go and moved their hands away from her mouth. She would have bitten ... lest she ask for her father's wrath. Rubbing his forehead in annoyance, he didn't look back to his daughter. Rather, he merely murmured lowly to her, "You are coming with me tomorrow. There will be a meeting regarding this ... make no mistake. If they will not take my word, I'm sure they will accept yours and you are my best chance at proving I really didn't pull this stunt. Speaking of ...." His eyes flashed as he turned to two of the guards. "You two ... go and start figuring out what fools did pull this off. I want them executed ... no questions asked, no mercy. This was done not only at the wrong time but in the damn Neutral grounds! I'm not having my name tainted just because people think they can get away with things like this!" The resounding slam of his door hinted he was pissed.

Cringing at the noise, Raven nodded and sighed lowly. Sometimes, she felt like she was just around to be used. Like now ... though she knew he was right. She was one of the few people who could help out in proving his innocence. Rubbing her forehead, she fell asleep rather easily, whether it was from knowing she would need the sleep or something else.

The next day seemed to approach faster than usual. With Raven at his side, Derek soon arrived at the council. Both lowered their heads out of a mix of habit and respect. Raven had already been given her orders for this meeting; keep silent unless she was spoken to. Then again, she was used to this anyways. Always the 'spectator', never anything more. It made the whole situation between her and Derek more ironic. He wanted her to grow up but sometimes he seemed to refuse to let her. Oh the irony ... Suppressing a sigh from leaving, she still complied with her father's orders.

Derek gave his own nod. "....I understand. I have already begun to get some of my men to figure out what fools went through this trouble." He had to restrain himself from returning a glare back. Maybe if Raven weren't there ... and were this not in front of the Council. But because of those two factors, he watched himself. "Do you have the names so I can properly address them though?"

All the while, Raven could practically feel - literally - the tension. She could read her father as well as he could her. And right now, he was infuriated. Not just because of what happened but of course, he seemed as if it were at fault. To extents, he was and wasn't. This meant he obviously had lost control over his own men long enough. But she knew it certainly hadn't been his orders they acted off of. They were mere renegades ... hopefully they would understand and believe this.

Jacob handed the male a piece of paper with the names Pepper Stone and Lisa Anderson. Once that was done the most powerful of the council, a vampire Ancient who made Derick look like a new born stood up and looked at Jacob.
"How many Lycan's were injured in the assault?"
"Twelve Sire."
"And two perished?"
"Yes Sire."
"I understand you yourself were injured?"
Jacob nodded as he turned and his men rolled the shirt on his back up. One of the female council gasped since his back hadn't fully healed. He was covered in bullet holes, his back was covered by bandages but the darker spots of red showed where there was a hole and there were quite a few of them. The elder male looked to Derick and his eyes began to glow.

"I would expect more from you Derick. Jacob and his clan have stayed clear of injuring or killing vampires. Jacob himself has spared several of your kind. However your clan has already killed over one hundred Lycan for being on your territory since the start of this council. Not bothering you, simply being there. Jacob?"
Jacob looked up and bowed slightly.
"How many vampire to your knowledge have been on your lands since this council was made?"
"Over fifty. Mainly from hunting."
"And how many have you killed?"
"Two. They attacked females. My men were defending their mates."
The elder looked at Derick and shook his head a bit as he rubbed his temples.
"Derick. Until this matter is resolved, you and your people are confined to your territory alone. You will stay out of the Neutral Grounds period. If the matter is not resolved in six weeks...you will step down as head of your Coven and a new Master will take your place, one that we are sure will do your job much better then you seem to be capable of."

Jacob looked a bit concerned as well as everyone else who wasn't a council member. The female council member, a Lycan, spoke up.
"Derick, you are an amazing soldier and you seem to be doing right by your daughter, minus some hypocritical statements here and there....however you seem to be unable to control your men and that is something all leaders must know first and foremost."
When Derick looked confused about the part with Raven the Master vampire smirked.
"You tell your daughter to grow up, how she needs to be strong and stead fast, but you refuse to allow her the space she needs to do that. Children do not learn when you are shadowing their every move, they learn through experience. You have to let her out of the nest some time Derick. Our spies that we have in each clan tell us how the leaders are when they aren't in front of us. Jacob, while he's a bit aggressive with his men, he is still an Alpha and they know that the aggression is needed. Lycan's all follow the strongest wolf, the Alpha. Vampires follow the one who was put in charge, not the one who's earned it. You need to start earning your title Derick."

Jacob felt like he was the teacher's pet at the moment and sighed a bit as he looked to the council.
"Might I make a suggestion?"
When the council nodded Jacob turned to the female.
"Put her in charge. If a father doesn't trust his own child, there is no way he trusts his own men."
The Master smiled a bit and looked at Derick.
"Leave us while we debate. Wait out in the foyer."

Pocketing the piece of paper away, he allowed a sigh to leave as the Master Vampire of the Council spoke up. "... You are disappointed? Do you think I feel any better about this?" He would leave it at that even though it was clear he had almost been close to losing his cool. Still, his eyes said more than he dared to; that the Master Vampire wasn't the only one angry that this had happened to begin with. Were he back at the residence he and Raven lived in, the ample amounts of shattered items would have been proof of that. Something which he would need to take care of once he got back home now that he recalled it.

He bit down the longer the talk went. The punishment of being forced to remain in their territory seemed merciful. But then ... they began to speak up more. He had to bite down harder on his lower lip as his parenting habits abruptly got brought into this. Clearing his throat, he spoke up. That was something he would not keep silent at. "With all due respect, this is not about how I am or am not raising Raven. Is this really necessary?"

It wasn't until Jacob suggested that Raven take over that both Derick and Raven's eyes - though the latter more - widened. The girl's mouth had opened to quickly protest but a glare silenced her. Both bowed their heads as they went out to the foyer to await the verdict.

Her legs were slightly trembling as she headed out. Once they were alone, she looked quickly up to her father, chuckling nervously. "I ... no! This ... " The same glare along with a sigh made her cease. "If this gets passed, you will have no say. However ... I would also rather have someone I trust do this. Despite what they assume, I do trust you. I just shelter you more than I should, at worst. In a way, I owe Jacob it seems."

Her head shook no adamantly. "No! This ... not now! I'm not fucking ready!" Her curse did get her a smack across her cheek along with another angry glare. "First off, what did I say about your tongue? Second, do you think I'm content with any of this?! Now hush and wait. I suggest, however, you start mentally preparing.... in case."

Shaking hands covered her face, forcing tears to remain hidden away. Gods help her she did not want this! For the first time in her life, she prayed; like her life depended on it. She had been ready to accept looking for a mate. But ... this? Taking over even when her father was perfectly alive? After the incident from yesterday especially, this was definitely too much; and none of it was Raven beginning to look forward to. Just living day to day as the, more or less, 'Princess of the Vampires' was hard enough. To lead and command them? It made her shiver.

But why had Jacob even suggested it in the first place? Was he trying to get her father completely screwed over? Or did he have a reason behind it all? She hoped the latter ... speaking of, she wanted to ask herself eventually - if not soon - what that had been for in the first place. That felt about as uncalled for as the shooting yesterday. With an anxious sigh, her hands left her face and she - somewhat uneasily - awaited to hear the verdict with her father.

Jacob and his men were sitting outside as he was forced to sit so that his body could rest and take the time to heal. As he sat there the verdict had been reached but the Master vampire spoke into their minds rather then calling them back.
"The verdict has been decided. Raven is in fact too young to make the decisions of the Coven on her own. So Derick will still be ruler but his second in command will be Raven. She is going to need to learn her ways soon enough and now is as good a time as any. Derick WILL have his daughter at any and all meetings and will discuss everything pertaining to the Coven with his daughter. This being said, if your Coven was not the ones that attacked the Lycan's, then you will have no qualms with looking for the Rogue's together. Jacob. When you are healed you are to go to Derick's mansion and see what it is he knows. Derick, you WILL share all information regarding the assailants to Jacob. The attackers are to be punished by the Lycan's as they see fit since they were the one's who were attacked and their blood was spilled. That is the rule of the Council."

When that was over Jacob rubbed his head because telepathy was a a bit irritating to a Lycan's mind. As he looked up he sighed.
"Oh joy. Let's go home."
He said as his men nodded and helped him up. His signs of weakness in this matter were not taken seriously since he'd become weakened while protecting his pack and their loved ones. So his men had no problem helping him along.

Raven didn't even bother trying to suppress her sigh of relief at the verdict. This was better. She was already being dragged along as it was ... this only gave her father a better reason and her less ways to question it. Advice she didn't mind giving out nearly as much as the concept of taking over completely. Her head bowed, forgetting the verdict had been delivered via telepathy for a bit. As her head looked up, she saw Jacob along with a few others helping guide him.

The trip back was deathly silent. For various reasons, both Derick and Raven were still irked, though depending on whom one was referring to would determine the exact motives to begin with. Leading Jacob and Raven into what was usually the 'Gathering Room' of sorts, with a long table and more than enough chairs, he gestured for Jacob and everyone else to sit. He himself sat at what was assumed to be where the Leader always sat. Before Raven could get in a chair too far away, his head shook no.

"You heard the results. Here..." He patted the chair beside him. Admittingly, he had been thinking on how to go about a new second-in-command after his former one got too rash and bit more than he could chew, as it were. So it'd been empty for a while. It was an interesting sight, no doubt; father and daughter beside one another and knowing they were more than that now. Now the two were Leader and Second-in-Command, respectively.

Very slowly - almost reluctantly - Raven nodded as she accepted the seat. Her hands went in her lap, her cheek still a bit crimson and stinging from the slap she'd gotten not too long ago whilst waiting in the foyer.

"First and foremost ... you do realize we only saw the aftermath of what even happened? That being said, you already know more than myself for now on whom it could have been. Did you happen to get a glimpse of the assailants? Hair color, anything that would suggest their gender, anything for that matter? I don't want to immediately assume it only to be men; though it is more likely to be that. Still, any and all leads would be appreciated to begin dwindling this down easier."

While waiting to allow his first questions to sink in, Derick finally gazed over to Raven. "Well? Thoughts? Suggestions?"

It took nothing less than her own will power to avoid glaring at him in front of everyone. Really ... why did she have to get dragged into all of this right away? Glancing away from her father to the others, she rested her chin upon her hands. She stayed silent before nodding and finally beginning to speak. "The easiest motives seem to be a coup d'etat. However ... it's been pursued in a rather unorthodox manner of sorts. Rather than going after Derick personally, it seems more like incidents such as yesterday are being caused in hopes that the Council will remove him. But ... it's only a guess when all is said and done. All of this will be much easier to even begin to figure out when - for one - we know exactly whom we're looking for."

It was faint ... but out of the corner of her crimson eyes, she could catch a slight hint of a smile from her father. But there was the usually stoic face he would always have, keeping it hidden away to the others.

Jacob managed to be fully healed after about a day in a half and when he was he'd sent message via phone, to Derick's Coven that he'd be dropping by today. Something he wasn't looking forward to and he knew that no one in that Coven wanted him there either. Well they all agreed on that much. Going with him was his Second in command as well as four Hell Hounds. Drake, his second in command, had been his friend since they were pups and while Drake knew he'd never be an Alpha, he was happy to serve with Jacob. As they were in the car driving to the Coven he looked at Drake and sighed.
"So...any thoughts? Any of you?"
He said as he looked at the Hell Hounds as well.

One of the Hell Hounds shrugged.
"I just wanna find out who killed my brother. I don't care how it's done."
The others nodded in agreement while Drake sighed.
"Honestly I'm just curious why you suggested the female? She's too young."
"She is. But she has the ability to be a damn good leader if she'd just pull her head out of the clouds. The ownership of a Coven would tend to make anyone in their right mind focus."
Drake smirked and nodded.
"So what are we going to do on our side?"

"I want you to send a pack of Hounds to the attack site and see what they can find. The vampires who attacked up were in a van but the door was opened long enough for a scent to be there."
Drake nodded as he pulled out his phone and started informing the other Hounds of what they were to do.

Both Derick and Raven remained silent as each listened to the Lycan's thoughts. Derick sighed lightly to hear that they had been careful on their appearance ... but not scent. Still, the fact they had been trying to be discreet wasn't good; not that he would expect them to be completely stupid. But between just that hint and Raven's thoughts on their real motives, it all seemed dead on. He gave a light nod before slowly speaking up, "Very well. I've been having my side work on trying to figure out who did this also, even before the Council meeting. Hopefully this can get resolved sooner than later." If he had heard anything on the explanation of Raven being made second-in-command, he wasn't showing it at the moment.

Raven, however, was the exact opposite. Now that she heard ... that was mainly what was on her mind. ...Well I'm glad he has faith in me but is that seriously it? Because I may be a good leader? The thought felt way too vague; like he was hiding a much deeper meaning. Her father was already trying to work on that part as it was. Why should it matter to him? A Lycan of all things? It made no sense. Words had tried to leave her lips but suddenly, she felt her mind temporarily go blank. Finally, something did come to her mind as she spoke aloud, though she doubted anyone - especially her father - saw this coming. "...Is there any sort of ... way we can make a sign of faith that this wasn't our direct doing to you somehow? Some sort of ... treaty or .... give you something of value from us?"

"...Raven? What ... ?" That was all Derick could seem to get out for once. The move was very bold, a bit foolish even. But all the same ... it was damn noble. For the first time, he was finally watching her begin to grow up. She was ready to help reassure any anxieties they no doubt probably still had to let them know this really hadn't been his lips the orders had left.

Jacob and Drake both looked at her for a moment then they both started to chuckle, as did some of the Hell Hounds. As the vampires seemed confused Drake shook his head and looked on the floor for a moment then looked at the hounds.
"You boys see it?"
"Nope, I don't see it."
Jacob was actually laughing now as he rubbed his chest.
"I don't either. So, Raven maybe you can tell us where this blade is that you're so willing to throw yourself on?"
He said as he looked at her and the joke was that instead of just talking it out she was willing to jump the gun and just throw out a very random idea. Jacob then got a bit serious and shook his head.

"No offense Raven, but there's not a whole lot you nor your father have that we want. Unless you tell me that you have the one's responsible for the attack, then you have nothing to give. I've watched you vampires for a very long time, and I've noticed that there isn't a whole lot of "love or treasuring" in the Coven. It's all about rank and superiority. Hell you're mated couples, 95% of them don't love one another. It's a mutual joining for power. That being said, you really don't have anything to offer that would be of significant value to Derick or the Coven that can't be replaced."
He said as his men just seemed to scoff at this.

"How you vampires live like that is a fucking mystery."
One of the Hell Hounds said as he shook his head and Jacob didn't stop him from speaking his mind. Jacob just looked to Derick.
"You don't love your people. You expect them to listen because you are the one in charge and demand their loyalty. You may care for them but you don't love them. I can see it in your eyes and the way you look at your men. I love my people. I would gladly die for them. I don't send my men to do anything I wouldn't do with them. That's why my men are so loyal to me. Because they know that I will be right there beside them when shit hits the fan, not standing off in the distance shouting orders."

With that the Lycan's all stood and looked at the two vampires.
"Thank you for the information. However since it's nothing new, we'll take our leave."
He said as he turned around and the Lycan's all headed for the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom