Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

From Sea to Sea (Nekrosilisk and Butterfly0408)

She squeaked a little bit, taking slightly off guard and in truth a little uncomfortable about how Hannah just yanked her to the ground. It took all her strength not to snip at her. Hannah could have just ASKED her to get to work. Didn't have to push her around. She was new to this. And even though she didn't say it, the slight scowl on her face did... the whole five seconds it was there before it went pale with the idea of being tossed overboard. Her eyes glanced a moment towards Ranath. Would he really save her just to throw her into the sea? Perhaps he was. He was a pirate after all who had not went shown any kind of compassion towards her. Not even a smile or a word that wasn't some kind of command.

Realizing she was not working and didn't wish to be yelled at again, she turned her attention from him and back to the task she had been given. It took her a bit to get into the rhythm of the song and the scrubbing. She was, of course, not perfect at it. She stumbled, and fell behind from time to time and while she was scrubbing as hard as she she could, she was just not a strong girl overall. It was hardly with the same kind of force as Hannah and the men were scrubbing.

Ranath locked the wheel in place now that they were set on their heading, and walked along Abrianna's cleaning swath. It was passable for her first job, though he did expect better by the time he'd given her was up. He stopped next to her as she finished up just a bit behind the others. "Not bad, don't take so long next time though, unless you want Hannah chucking you overboard. We don't call her Hurricane for nothing. The two of you will share quarters for now. Go get some rest. I call if I've got something else I need done."

Her breathing was a bit labored as she finished, taking a moment to just sit and feel her heart beating. It was indeed the most manual labor she had ever done in her entire life. It was sad to say really. Already she was sore. God help her in the morning when it would have sunk into her bones.

Glancing up at Ranath as he talked, she looked petrified. He was gonna throw her overboard. Hannah was gonna throw her overboard. Was everyone on this ship going to throw her overboard if she messed up in the slightest bit. Not quite knowing what to say in reply, she took a time to respond to him as she thought over what to do. In the end, she rose to her feet and gave a light bow, just as she had watched her servants do. She responded as they had as well, treating him more like a royal then a pirate. It was all she knew. "As you wish..." Abrianna said softly before she turned and made her way towards the cabin she and Hannah had been in earlier. Already the soreness was setting in.

As she walked away Ranath looked at Hannah and tossed his head to her. THe older woman nodded, and followed Abrianna back to the cabin. As the girl stood there, Hannah swung herself into her hammock. "So think you got the hang of it? I'd hate to see you go overboard tomorrow." She gave a sly wink and a broad grin that said she was joking around wtih the girl.

She swayed there gently swaying back and forth silently. It might have had something to do with living with the Pirates, but she seemed to be a total tomboy. She was silent as the time past on, seeming to be happy just swaying in the hammock.

The princess was not to accustomed to jokes. No one dared to joke with her in the past and so hearing time and time again that she was going to be thrown overboard was getting horrible annoying. Taking it's toll on Abrianna's already pretty fragile disposition. She fought herself mentally to keep in inside, even though she wanted to let it all come bursting out. Biting her lip, she trembled with her mounting anger over this whole thing. She needed to breath. This room was so tiny and stuffy. With out warning, Abrianna just bolted to her feet and headed for the door, "Forgive me. I need some air."

She didn't wait to see if Hannah would protest or have another throwing her overboard comment before she went up the little set of steps and let the sea air enter her lungs with a deep breath. The sun was setting off in the distance as she approached the railing. Looking back behind the ship, she thought she could still make out the outline of the island she had just been on a few hours ago. A trick of the eye. It was long gone already. She turned her head and looked off into the direction the ship was moving towards.... and she had no idea what the future held for her. Not one single hint of one even.

Hannah jolted her head up as she bolted out the door almost without warning. "What the hell?! Hey wait up!" She tried get out of the hammock in a hurry but ended up falling out in a heap. "Gorram thing." She got to her feet quickly and hurried after the princess.

She came up beside her and placed her hands on the railing. "Geez girl, can't you tell when someone is joking with you? Let me tell you something, Ranath's only ever chucked four men overboard, and they were scum that deserved it. Now I've chucked quite a few over the rails, but it was while we were anchored so's we could get 'em back afterward."

She looked at the girl puzzled. "You didn't get out much did you?" Before Abrianna could answer, there was loud streak of swearing from the captain's quarters. Hannah snapped her head in that direction. "Oh great, what'd he do now?"

Abrianna sighed, not feeling all to comforted by Hannah's words at that moment. It was hard to put into words just how she was feeling at that moment. Things had all happened so fast and this was really the first moment she had to let the day catch up with her. This morning, she was getting ready for her arranged marriage. A grand affair. And now as the sun set, she was standing in clothing far to large for her body, on the deck of a pirate ship, Having no idea where she was going or if she'd even make it where ever that was.

Her face was half turned, jaw just starting to open, to try and put her feelings to words when the sounds from the captain's cabin had her stopping and glancing that way as well. She blushed hearing the string of curses he was able to come up with. Many things that her pretty princess ears had only ever heard once and knew they were things a lady should not listen to. "Perhaps you should check on him," she said as she turned her attention back to the sea again.

Hannah looked at her warily. "Uh actually, I think you'd better do that. We don't get near him when he starts up like that. Not much we can help with you see." She grinned nervously as she looked at the princess. "Come on!" She suddenly grabbed her arm, drug her to the Cabin and pushed her in. "You'll be fine."

The door was closed before she could get out. Ranath was standing in there with his shirt lying on the desk, the ripped out of one of the sleeves. He was rifling through his drawers looking for something, still cursing a blue streak, though he wasn't as loud about it now.

"WAIT?! ME?!" Arianna tried to protest as she was drug along towards the sound of the cursing. "If... if you can't talk to him what makes you think that I-" she didn't get to finish as she found herself with the door closed in her face, cursing coming from behind her.

Talk about being thrown into the lion's den! For a moment, she contemplated just running out the way she was pushed in. Her hand was even on the handle but, for some reason... she turned and faced him, pressing herself against the door, hand still on the handle JUST in case she needed to run away quickly. "Do..." she found her voice meek and mild at first before clearing her throat and starting once more, "Do you need help with something?"

Ranath glared at her, it wasn't cause he was upset with her per say, as she'd just walked in at a bad moment. "Not unless you can tell me where the fuck Hannah stowed my sewing kit." He started digging through his desk again looking for it, not really paying attention to her.

"I... I..." she stumbled over her words at first before she cleared her throat once more, "I could go ask her?" Her hand when and quickly opened the door and she slipped out. That was one of the most frightening moments over her life! She'd go get Hannah, and tell her what the captain wanted and send HER to help him. That's what she would do. "Hannah?" she called, looking for her. She could not have gotten to far since she shoved her into the room.

The deck was surprisingly Barren, with only a few men on hand tending to the end of their duties. Everyone else including Hannah seemed to have squirreled themselves away in their cabins, and if she bothered to check the doors, locked themselves in. She was on her own. "Are you helping or not?" Ranath while apparently calmed down a bit was still irate.

"Yes.... yes..." did she call him sir? Your highness? Your grace? "Yes Captain..." was what she finally decided on as she turned and went back into his cabin with him. "What does it look like?" she asked a little wary of what she was saying, but it would help to know exactly what this sewing kit looked like. Sure she had seen things like it before but she didn't know how he kept his so it wouldn't help her much right now.

Ranath glared at her. What was she dense? "Same as any other sailor's. Just a canvas fold that'll hold a needle and a spool of thread." What did she think he had a one that was made from solid gold encrusted in jewels. Pirate or no, he was practical and didn't like frivolous expenditure.

She was a little taken aback at how snippy he got with her there for a moment. A frown crossing her face as she joined in the search for the item, not able to stop herself from commenting under her breath, "How would I know what a sailor's sewing kit looks like. I keep mine in a basket...." It was quiet, but her very well could have heard it while she searched.

Ranath didn't seem to pay any heed to what she was saying, and continued to look about the cabin for the sewing kit, muttering something about women under his breath.

Picking up a pillow that rested upon one of his chairs, she found something that matched the description. Upon looking closer, indeed there was the needle and the single spool of thread. Turning she crossed to him and handed it in his direction, "I found it..."

Ranath walked over to her, took the fold, and collapsed into the same chair, before tucking the sewing kit between his leg and the side of the seat. More than likely this was how it was lost in the first place. He pinched the bridge of his nose, and sighed. "Could you get my shirt please so I can fix the damn seam." He sounded somewhat exasperated as he spoke.

She nodded without saying a word and went to where she had seen him throw his shirt aside when she first entered into the room. Picking it up and bringing it to where he had seated himself, she handed it over and then just stood before him. Waiting. For what she didn't quite know. To be dismissed. To be give a task. To be told what was going to become of her. She just didn't know. Just.... waiting.

Back
Top Bottom