Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Meet me at the Altar (Yuan/butterfly0408)

butterfly0408

Singularity
The wedding march played, the guests all stood. They turned their eyes toward the entrance of the church where the bride appeared arm in arm with her father. The pair walked in step with the music. It seemed like the picture perfect moment.

No one noticed the look of sadness upon the bride's face with the veil lowered over her face. Nor could they hear the whispered words between father and daughter. "I'm sorry it's come to this Mia, but... thank you for it. I can't ever thank you enough. You've saved my neck."

"I should have let them do whatever it was they planned to do with you," she almost hissed to him, clearly unhappy. "You would have deserved it. Whatever it may have been."

"I would have been kill Mia, you know that. And it would not have been quick and easy. Slow. Painful. My body parts spread out all over the city."

"Stop!" she cringed at the thought, just as she had when he first gave him the whole sob story. How he was deep in debt to some underworld big fella that gave him only one option. His life or her. "I don't understand why he wants me to marry him. You'd expected some underworld asshole like him to ask for your daughter as a sex slave or something. Not as his wife."

"I didn't ask why. All that matters is that it's what he wanted for payment and I thank you for accepting it."

By now they had reached the alter. They turned to face one another as he lifted her veil and leaned in to kiss her upon the cheek. When he did, she whispered to him, "Just remember. I'm the only daughter you have. And if you get in trouble again, I can't marry a second stranger to save your sorry life." It was only then that Mia finally turned and looked up, seeing the face of the man that was to be her husband for the very first time...

It was starting, his plan for a perfect life. Perfect for those who only will be seeing his day time, at night...well that's a whole new kind of circus. He handed picked this girl out of the few that were in line, she was the most attractive in appearance and usually pretty things made a perfect trophy.

"Tell them to wipe them out, I don't want to see any of them in my territory by the Moon rise."

He spoke quietly into the phone like he was saying some sort of an important business plan, while in truth he was ordering his men to slaughter those who dare step foot in his underworld kingdom. His eyes were actually quite sharp looking but he had covered that up with thick framed glasses and with a nice set of fake black beard to cover his chin and lips. To the world, he was the perfect man. Kind enough to donate every month to orphans all around the world and talented enough to be one of the richest man in the world. However, to the underworld...He was the law, no one would be able to challenge him and live to say how it all went down.

He heard quiet steps and looked over to the bride who was walking towards him and put on a gentle smile, offering his hand for her when she would come up the steps. He gave a light bow of his head towards her father in respect for allowing him to marry her, of course this was all for the media to see.

The marriage was successful, the media was happy and so were the people working for his company...and so were his brothers of the underworld who were dressed as a mere employee.

It was now night time, to their honeymoon to Japan. Of course the media knew he was half Japanese so the choice was obvious, what they did not know was that he was here to take care of the Japanese Yakuza who was threatening his company to back off. It was time to show them what it meant to challenge his path and ways.

The wedding had been quick and event less really. Not what she had expected from her wedding to a mafia underworld leader. He didn't look how she had expected either. Certainly not how her father had described him to her.

Sitting now, on a private jet, zoning off to a honeymoon vacation in Japan, a glass of champagne in her hand... yes this was not at all what she had expected. She had been given an outfit to change into, just as she had been given a dress to wear for the ceremony. It was strange to be in the little, average rich man's wife outfit. A little skirt with a blouse and blazer. Busniessy. Very businessy.

She had not seen or spoken to the man that was now her husband yet. Only in exchanging vows at the ceremony. Everything was happening so fast and so... not how she had anticipated. She had prepared herself for ending up in some gutter hole hotel room for the night with the sounds of sirens and gunfire in the air. Not on this private jet...

The man with the two face, his name is Roy Redrock and his other identity? King and his gang was called Kingdom, it was one name that made everyone shiver in their boots. He marked his area with a graffiti, graffiti of a Crimson Crown tainted with blood.

The Jet had arrived and outside there was a man with a large scar vertically from his lips, the man's name was Scar and his was Roy's right hand man.

"Mr. Redrock is waiting for you at the hotel."

He had the door open for her until she got in, closing it he got in the the car and remained quiet until they were at the one of the most well known Hotel brand around the world. Royal Palace Hotel, was obviously Roy's business and of course there was one built in Japan country with many tourists.

Once his bride had arrived he would play the kind husband role, she needed to be his trophy and in order for her to remain as a good trophy it would be best for her to remain happy.

"Hello, my name's Roy I don't believe we were introduced."

He put a kind smile, not knowing of course that her father had already told her that he was a big time underworld boss.

Redrock? She thought to herself as she climbed into the waiting car. As in that business man Redrock? Richer then the richest man Redrock? Now she was even more confused. She had not even realize he hadn't been on the jet with her. There hadn't been much time for him to have gone ahead of her so, why did he?

All so many questions. Questions she would not ask. At least not until she knew the man better and was sure that asking him a question would not end with her dead in an ally somewhere.

Entering the hotel room, at last the mystery husband spoke. "Indeed we weren't. I'm Mia. Your wife." She didn't mean to have a slight attitude with him, but she really couldn't help it. It was a bad habit of hers that she could never hide her unhappiness. It always showed as a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She shrugged a little, "Do I shake your hand or kiss you or.... what? I don't quite know the rules yet."

"Ah, Mia.."

He walked over to her, gently taking her hand in his and kissing the back of her hand. He put on a gentle smile, one expectant of from a man like Roy Redrock.

"Do not worry, I have no intention of using my position as your husband to make you do things you do not want."

He then gently lead her to the chair and let her sit before sitting down himself. He crossed one leg over the other and relaxed back on the sofa, taking off his glasses and rubbing the bridge of his nose. Just with the glasses off, he already looked like a different man looking slightly younger. He then wordlessly put a palm sized cell phone on the table in front of them.

"This..is the same model as mine, it works as a house key, credit card, car key and of course a phone...and much more. It is just something I made for myself so I don't have to wear suits with million pockets."

He quietly snickered, looking over to her and his eyes telling her to go ahead and take it.

"Now, I know you are not looking forward to the honeymoon. It will only last two days, and you'll be free to tour around and shop, I won't be joining you. I have an important business to take care of...and also I don't want to make you too uncomfortable."

He smiled, so far looking like the Roy Redrock the media and the world knew of.

Mia glanced at the phone on the table a moment before cautiously reaching out and taking it, examining it closer as she held it in her hands. Listening, she didn't quiet know what to do or say. It was a very awkward moment between them.

"So.... this is all basically just.... a marriage of... convenience?" she asked, sounding a bit confused because that was exactly what she was. "That's it?"

Back
Top Bottom