Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nobles and Commoners (zellstantal and vampire07)

Nova bit his lower lip as he was trying to think how to put it before looking back at her "To help make it easyer pretend I'm the prince, posing as a commoner and checking out the noble woman and such. Say he know who you were but still try to get close to you. Now say he indeed gotten strong feelings for you but he fears if he tells you that he is indeed the prince of a kingdom out of the blue that you would feel like a fool. He doesn't wish for this or anything like that to happen becuse he fear she would just get mad at him and be pushed away. "

"It kinda sound childish but yet I can see his point, still I my self couldn't think of any way to avoid such an outcome. Do you understand what I'm asking?" he asked her and waits to see what she would say.

She took his hands into her own as she rubbed her thumbs along the back of his hands. "Nova, if the Prince is doing exactly what I'm doing to meet other people and interact with others. Will I feel like a fool if he told me he wanted to spend time with me...The real me. Along with me getting to know the real him without the royal riturals and such. Actually I wouldn't feel like a fool I would be surprised we had so much in common and since we spent most of the week together compared to the other suitors....I'd still keep my choice to myself until the Banquet. My father wants me to announce who I want to marry and that man has to publicly accept or decline." she said as she looked up into Nova's golden eyes with a smile.

"So in other words if a unknown Prince and I been spending time together without knowing it...I wouldn't ignore him when he reveals the secret. Mine was forced out and I had hoped at the Banquet to reveal who I was to every then decide."

"So the more you know of each other the less likely you would feel like a fool when you found out who he is and be more compable to be with him. If I understood you right. If that is the case I would think that be reasonable, that way both he and who ever he have more intersted with can know each other better." he said to her and hoped he understood her.

Nick was listening but his mind was everywhere right now, anger filled him becuse of Dracon and the half blood shit that been going on sense he been in the tower. The first few years wer ehard but he was able to let it go but with wht Dracon said about this father drew the line. He knew no dout that ass went to his father and told him whats going on, Nick didn't care, not anymore anyhow. If he gets kicked out of the tower in order for him to kick that full blood ass then so be it.

"Right, you know I'm here to see the men for who they are. If I came out annoucning who I was then all the men wouldn't be themselves. Even if your Prince dressed as a commoner my behavior still won't change once I'm back in the dresses with the crown on.

Ivy looked around Nova knowing this dual was a double edged sword. Nickalie may get hurt then thrown out of the order of Mages for dual. Looking down wondering what she'd have to do to keep Nickalie from being kicked out. Though she forget she had the power to persude the head master to let Nickalie in if he was kicked out. If Dracon's father shows up he would find Ivy there to see the dual taking place and he could reveal to his son who she was. Sighing as her tail winced. "Nova, mind going with me to the hotsprings? That one woman pulled my tail hard and its hurting."

Oh that got his interest, he had thoughts going on at the same time but quickly push them back. She wasn't a commoner like he have met with others though still she dosen't know how much sirten dragonborn love hotsprings. "I would love to, I always like a good hotspring." he said before looking at the tail of hers "I might able to help that if you let me, I get things like that every so often sense my tail is longer then yours. I ask sense not everyone like there tails being touched. But I tell you know if I do it I believe you mgiht enjoy it too much." he said with a slit grin on his face.

Swatting his shoulder gently as her tail wasn't ment to be yanked on but little kits played by batting at it. "After this dual. I want Nickalie to kick his ass for calling him half blood and declaring they made a mistake about him." Sighing as she released Nova's hands looking over at the tensed Nickalie. "You were right I worry about him and he worries about me."

"Thats what true friends do, even Scarlet worrys about me some times even though I can do well in taking care of my self. Its the same for you and Nick. But still some battles must be fought and this is one Nick must do alone. I believe your freind have a chance, seeing how quickly he threw that bolt at the cock sucker." Nova said.

Though as time pass's one it seems word some how gotten around and people start garthering to the cort yard. "It seems no matter what you do word gets around, something like this would. To what other people may think I dont care. In truth I want this to end. The bit with half blood or any type of blood for that matter." Nick said as he was telling his friends behind him. "Ivy, no matter what happens I'll be by your side, and friend as well. Just remeber that ok?" Nick said to her.

"Yeah...better or I'll hunt you down and drag you back like the cavemen did with their kills." She stuck her tongue out but giggled. "Kick his ass. I would have but you know what would happen. I loose my temper Nova may accidently reveal who I was then we're going to have hell." She said as she looked at Nickalie with soft eyes. "You're better than he is because you got here by yourself." Smiling as she sat on the barrel and her tail ached knowing the hot springs will be wonderful or her. Also it was for her and Nova to talk more and he can pass the information on to his Prince.

"Are you sure you dont want me to fix your tail, I am very good with my hands just so you know. I give you my word I wont try anything funny ok, I dont think would able to do anything like that when we are out in the open like this." Nova was saying. Nick smiles some as what Ivy said then make him feel better "trust me I plan for him to kiss his own ass to hell!" Nickalie said.

An hour have finaly pass and at that time Dracon apers on the other side of the cortyard. Nick gotten himself ready as he knew the rules for doing such a dual here and so should Dracon, that is if he knew how to use the right magic for a dual. Though Notice that he had a staff with him and knew right away what it was, he couldn't belive he would dare use a master staff. "You really are a fool if you think I would back down becuse you are using a master staff. I dont think your father even knows your using or let alone you know how to use it." Nick said once more.

Dracon seemed to be hanging himself for the sake of being entitled. Ivy smirked but she didn't move from Nova's side then remembered what he said earlier about they were interested in eachother. Shaking the thought free she noticed the master's staff as well and it made the fur on her tail stand on end. Something about the paired being and staff didn't sit right with her. Slowly she edged away and instinctively hid somewhat behind Nova's arm. He was faster than she was and he could put a shield up to where they would get hurt if the dual got out of hand.

"Please you dont really stand a chance one way or a nother, I just rather get this over with fast becuse I have other.. importent things to do then play with you." Dracon said before he start casting a spell. Ruins of the staff start to glow and though some whispers can be hear, the master staffs gives a mage more power and able to cast serten spells more freely but Nick didn't need one of the staffs sense he also knew the weakness of them. They are powerful he knew very well but only as powerful as those that used them. He used one before as one of the masters wanted to see how well he would use one if he some how made or got a hold of a master staff himself. After useing it once Nick didn't wish to use it anymore for in that time and he said this to the master mage that it was too much power for him to bear and felt he was not ready for it. Nick still feels he was not ready for such power or desver for that matter. Only if one at the very lest of the master mages think he is would he consider it.

For Dracon in the other hand it would be a weakness that he be more then happy to use against him. "Then start it off, I'm sure with that staff you can do many things, if you know how to use it right." Nick said and this time have a cocky smile on his lips. Some people couldn't believe Nick haven't backed down, just about anyone would with the site of a master staff use against them. Dracon only frown "as you wish!" he called out before right away sending a large ball of flame towards Nick. Nickalie in his counter cast his own fireball which a few monments both balls clashed each other and exsplods in a wall of flame but Nick didn't stop, right after the fireball he fire a few magic bolts that went though the wall of fire. Quickly how ever Dracon use the master staff to hit and block each and every bolt that was coming at him, with so many being fired at once Dracon had a hard time making sure not to be hit but at the end a few shots did indeed got him only to push him back from were he was standing but still stands on his feet.

Jumping as she was nearly sent back to th eground when the fireballs collided. The force of that collusion was powerful but she gabbed hold of Nova to stay settled. Watching the pair go back and forth. Ivy knew Nickalie well enough to know he knew where his limits were and he wasn't stupid to. "I hope he doesn't push it." She said as she looked to Nova.

An outline of a barrior could be seen around the cortyard, leaving the two mages inside alone. "I don't it would matter unless our friendly mage can go though barriors. This one feels strong, much stronger then the one I put up to protech you the other night. So I believe we will be fine. Nick just mainly need to remeber what he is fighting for but this is a test for himself, one which we cant help him with nore should we." Nova told her. "Dragonborn believe highly in honer Ivy, to show dishoner is one of the most insulted things you can to my kind. Things like what Dracon would be frown apon and would think your nothing more then a child then a grown adult if that make sense?" Nova asked her.

Nick was glade he got a few shot on Dracon which he believe did surprized the hell out of the young man. It was wel worth the energy in order to hit him but still Nick needs to watch it becuse with that staff Dracon could use less energy and to the same as what Nick have done. This was a challenge he can lose on for if he dose well he would thought of nothing but worthless and only make Dracon look good in doing it too.

This time however Dracon was pist and start casting more spells, as it went on Nick and Dracon fought on. Dracon was able to summon a few low level monsters such as lighting and sand elementals. Shot Nick with other spells that should have end the fight quickly But Nickalie knew very wel how to counter it all. Nick knew more about magic then most in the tower did and understood it as well as people around could tell. Nick might not have a lot of power as to what Dracon held but he is making due with what he have and that only got made the people around cheer more.

Ivy nodded to him with her still staying close to his as if she could Nick's rage from the distance. Sitting there as she watched the pair dualing then looked down wondering what she coould do after this ends. Though she couldn't do anything until the dual was finished.

The dual it self haven't last that long and yet both mage's seem to be tired, though Dracon had more power Nick was still able to match him with using only this own will alone. From summoning and mid level spells Nick have counter them all and used his own giving Nick the uperhand each and every time. To other's surpizse the Head Masters were indeed in the crowd including Dracon, and agian to other's surprise none of them stop the dual. It would see both of them are fallowing the rules to a point but still it is a lession for those that are watching. Dracon's father face was a mask it seems as no one could tell if he was please or displeased.

"Alright you half blood, lets see you conter this!" Dracon summon something rare and only few mages have ever tryed summoning before. A large diamond golem, its body of jaged points of diamonds all over its body, large ehough that it coverd Dracon from site. This type of beast cant be killed by just normal spells alone, though if help it can be taken down but alone... you would need the only spell to take down a beast such as this, the mage cannon. The mage cannon is a very powerful spell using energy from all around one's self and use it like you would with a fire ball but with more energy and force that it could tear down a castle all and kill everything behind it.

Nickalie knew and have master the spell but never used it and no one know that he himself can use this spell. It seems they will see it themselfs. The battle have drained him and didn't have much energy left. Only enough for a few spells at most, but to do this would take maybe all that. Quickly he bring both hands together and started chanting, energy was garthing and as it did sparks of energy could be seen as a ball of pure magic energy formed. After about five minutes of charging the spell and it seems that Dracon have given Nick the time wondering what the heck he was doing and dout that the half blood would get though such a beast. The Golem roured and waited no longer as it charged towards Nick. But just as it reach Nick, the attack ws fired.

The mage cannon hit the golem and to many's surprize it hit and shatterd the golem, lucky for Dracon that it wasn't fully coming at him but with fear in the man's eyes he quickly jumped out of the way just to be safe. He was on the ground with the staff about a foot from his hands as he was geting up. The rule was if a mage fell it means they have lost. So Nick with his power alone won this fight.

Ivy was shocked to see a Diamon Golem standing there. It didn't move as if waiting for a command. Ivy looked around at the Masters and noticed one man who she ran in to once in awhile within the castle walls. Dracon's father was there just watching with a blank expression. Though once the dual had ended Ivy smiled as she jumped off the wooden barrel and was prepared to run out to meet Nickalie but something told her to stay where she was. It was an odd feeling that she couldn't explain perhaps it was her years of studies and training suddenly kicking in. Feeling bit lost in what to do so she just waited until it was offically over. Even if Dracon fell but she knew men who had to much pride in them will do dirty tricks.

Nova quickly warp his tail around her waist to stop her from going any ferther then she already have. Even though he could tell she stop her self he still wanted to make sure she wouldn't hit the barrior thats around the cortyard. "The barrior is still up meaning it aint over yet or on the safe side, sense there might be other spells cast that might seem like they lost or something but we will have to see." Nova said to her before have the tail umwraped from Ivy.

Nick walked up to where Dracon was laying at though even he was trying to get up. As he did though he felt his foot hit somthing, looking down he see the master staff on the ground. Thought for a monment, thinking how it would look with him have in his hands and show how to use a staff such as this the right way, make Dracon look worst then he is now. But he dismiss the idea, it would only show he got so low as Dracon himself and all he did was try to be a show off just like him. Insteed he left it be and kept walking, Nick was breathing hard sense dealing with this favord mage who was handed everything to him. With all that was given he should have showed more promis then what he showed today but at the monment Nick didn't care. He knew he won and with what honer he could give this man he would at lest try to show some kindness to him even if he didn't like him.

Nick came infront of Dracon looking down at him as he was now looking at Nick, "You lost but it was still a good match." Nick said as he offer a hand. Dracon only glared at him "You think you won becuse of some cheap shot, I'm not done yet!" he said before suddenly the master staff came flying back to Dracon quicker then what Nick could do to counter this coming attack. But before Dracon could use the staff suddenly the end was grabed and the staff was yanked form Dracon's hands. Both young men blinked to see one of the head masters were just beside both of them, they didn't even sense him coming in for that matter. "I do believe this match is over. Dracon you are to come with us and have a little chat." the old mage said before his eyes looked over at Nick "Nickalie, you will leave the tower for only a day, after that you are welcome to return but in the morning you will come to the head master chambers, from there we will have a chat with you as well." he told him before the barrior have faded and the master mage hold the staff walks away from the two boys.

Nick only looked at Dracon for a monment and wonder whats going to happen but he guess he will find out tomorrow. He dust himself out and walked over to met his two freinds.

"I understand but I think you just wanted to wrap your tail around me for the heck of it." She winked to Nova teasing him of course but she looked back to the courtyard but she was scanning the other side seeing if there wasany familiar faces other than Dracon's father. Though seeing Dracon was about to do a cheap shot but was stopped by a head mage it go ther to relax. With him telling them both they will have a chat with both of them which didn't sit well with Ivy at all.

While Nickalie walked over to them Ivy walked over hugging him. "You were great!" She said as she moved walking beside him up to Nova. "Why don't you go to the Tavern and drink as much mead as you like. I think Scarlet is still there. Nova and I are going to head to a hot spring. One of those half dressed women yanked on my tail...Also I smell like I've been drinking for weeks." She said laughing.

Nick acked a little bit but still he didn't care, he won the dual and thats all it matter to him sense he prove even those with greater power can be taken down. The thought of Mead did sound good to him, he have enough energy to do at lest one last teleport spell. He smiles at them both then smirk "alright, though I would say try to contorl your selfs in the hotspring." was all he said as he could add more but realy he couldn't say much sense he knew how Nova is to Ivy even though the dragonborn wasn't a prince. But still there was somthing Nova was hiding, to get the blood ruby he have even the prince wouldn't give such a thing to a common servent.

"Well then I guess Ill see you there, I'm going to teleport at the inn and see if that elf is still there or not. Maybe have a chat with her. Try not to have too much fun ok." he said while he was leading them all outside, he knew if he didn't they might be stuck in the tower.

Ivy blushed as she knew he was concerned about the two. Though she walked out of the walls with the men. "Her name is Scarlet and you can ride over." She said as she reached her horse to let Nova get up first. Though she wondered why was Nickalie worried about her with Nova. Did hotsprings do something to dragonborns? Either way she'll findout. "Come on Nova lets get going I know a quiet spot for us to relax." She said.

"I know, I was only teasing, besides Scarlet might not be here for all I know but stil Ill catch you two later. Don't have too much fun now." Nickalie said as he watch them go. This was one hell of a day but still it don't mean he can't have a drink or two to celebrat. Nick went ahead and use one last teleport spells to aper infront of the inn. He was tired and needed to lay off the magic now sense hes all out of it now. He looked at the doors and walks on inside the inn.

Nova grins as he got on the horse and have Ivy lead on to the hotspring, little thoughts have start poping in his head of what might happen though he kept it to himself and waits to see how they would handle things this time. With any hope they wount be attacked again. He thought of a few spells of his own that would make sure no one would bother them or if they were trying to find them he would know about it. "So how far is this hot spring? he asked her.

Scarlet noticed Nickalie appearing but he was alone. "Hey, Nickalie...Where are the other two?" She asked as she waved him over to her table as she had been writing her reports and letters to her family back home. "You look like you went through three rounds with a dragon."

Ivy looked ahead. "Not far its abit in the woods and out of sight. I imagine those guards are following us." she said with her pulling the reigns slightly with the horse picking his way through the dark brush. She didn't ask how dragonborns reacted to hotsprings. "Have you told your Prince of you seeing me without my clothes?" She asked in a nervous tone as if the Prince would get the wrong idea about her. With the humidity suddenly climbing she left her horse down in the cooler area to graze but she climbed up and in a dense area the limbs were a canopy making it dimly lite but Ivy slipped out of her clothes though she still wore the undergarments. "Do men worry about giving women the wrong image of themselves?" She asked as she slowly stepped into the hot water which her body slowly adjusted to where she as able to sit down in the hot water.

Nick was surpized that Scarlet was still around the inn, he would have thought she be going some where then stay here. "Would it suprize if I told you I did?" he asked as he walked over to the table. Of course he was joking about the dragon part but still it felt like he fought one. "As for the other two, heh they going to a hotspring. Right now all I have doing is geting a drink, that and wish myself luck, sense I dont know if I'm going to be still at the tower or not." he said to her as he starts telling her what happen at the tower.

Nova chuckles some as he figure his guards were indeed close by and well hidden "yep, you could say i have eyes everywhere as well." he said to her as they each the hotsprings. He blinked when she asked her question, he wanted to laugh and said yes but he kept himself from saying that. "I haven't told him anything about you just yet, I only tell him i have yet to met the princess in person. Sense I would need a date and time to meet her and I told him I'm working on it. So don't worry, and I'm sure when it is time to tell him I would say her highness is a kind and gental soul, and if look into her lovely eyes you would felt as if your breath been taken away." he said as he himself was taking all but his undergarment. He had a feeling that alone would a reaction of some sort. He watched her carfuly as he himself walked into the water. It was indeed nice though didn't have the view that would get back at home.

When Scarlet heard the two went to the hotsprings and shook her head. "I hope he behaves. Nova tends to get frisky in the hotsprings though I have full belief he'll keep his hands to himself and defile the Princess." She said as she ordered a round of drinks for her table. "In the meantime lets celebrate your survival."

Ivy was shocked at what Nova said as her cheeks turned a deep red. "If I didn't know better I'd think you keep flattering me to see me blush." She said laughing softly as she was taking the complinment and yet teasing to keep the tension down. Relaxing in the hot water she looked at the canopy with a slight frown. "What are the hot springs like back in Rasa?" She asked before looking over at him.

"Heh, ya tell me about it, a few drinks would do me good. More so incase I end up beint tosed out of the tower. I can only guess that i was the only one in the tower tht had enough balls to daul that ass, and show that I wasn't a pushover. Even if I do get kicked out, at lest it might have helped some of the other mages not to be afraid. Though that can be a good or bad thing depending how you look at it." he told her as his drink already came, it was a glass of red wine and it was what he needed right now.

"Well you are cute when you do blush so I guess I'm doing a good job." he said. He went ahead and found a good stop that was almost next to her tht he sat at, leting the hot water cover him and try to relax. His head turn to look at her when she asked about the hotsprings back in Rasa "there about the same though where ours are they are more watched then being in the middle of no where like here. Its more on the slop of a montain but you get a very nice view of the kingdom, even better when firworks are going off. I tell you what, I'll take you to my spot at the end of this week, I have a stone that ables me to teleport back home when ever I need to be and come back to here I teleported from. You could see how Rasa is for your self." he said to her.

Back
Top Bottom