Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The union of barbed hearts (me and miyamoto

Lisha was in her room preparing to meet her betrothed for the first time, she was by no means looking forward to this union, she in fact hated the idea of being tied down. She had been escaping out of the castle for years to go train in the military camps, she had learned a variety of different styles of fighting. But now she had been pulled home for what seemed would be the final time.
She soaked in the bath that had a thin layer of rose pedals floating in it, she was being scrubbed from head to toe, one of the maids pulled on her foot to work on scrubbing all the dirt and grime from the bottom nearly pulling her head completely underwater. Lisha worked on scrubbing the rest of her body so that at least her father wouldn't complain about her appearance. Her long dark reddish brown hair floated in the water with suds in the strands, her skin was still fair but had a slight tan from being outside training. She closed her blue and hazel eyes to dunk her head under water. The maids eventually finished scrubbing her down and helped her out of the bath wrapping her in a cotton blanket so she could dry off. The maids combed her hair till it hung in tiny wet curls down to her hips, they soon started working on pinning it up using some braiding and twisting leaving a few loose curls to frame her face.
She finished drying off and set aside the towel as they fitted her corset and bustle. She then pulled on a sleek royal blue gown that seemed to fit her lean figure quite lovely, if she didn't dread having to behave as she would she might actually like dressing as a woman. She slipped into a pair of black heels, she heard her father summoning for her. the maids rushed to finish readying her, they sprayed her a bit wit perfume and pinched her cheeks to give her some more color.
Lisha took a deep breath trying to calm herself as she walked out her door heading downstairs. She soon entered the foyer she did not smile at first until she received a look from her father then she gave a soft smile.
Her father held out his hands in introduction "My lord this is my daughter Lisha" he said trying to sound proud of her but Lisha knew the truth.

Arturius frowned as he felt the midday sun beat down on his back which did not help his comfort level in the armor he wore which seemed to amplify the heat slight. The only saving grace was the breeze that blew over him as he rode towards the estate he had been riding towards the last day or so. As he reached the edge of the large estate he stopped momentarily and turned to horse around to survey the landscape. The garden off to his left brought a smile to his kind visage as he breathed in the flowers scent deeply through his nose. He then nodded and kicked his legs back spurring the horse forward making his weapons and armor clank noisily as he rode. His sword which was of a foreign design which rested on his hip bounced up and down as he rode as did the shield with his coat of arms on it on the horse's flank. The plain and nondescript warhammer on the other side of his hip barely moved to due to its weight. But none the less he hand rested upon it as he held the reins with his other hand and rode at a moderate jog. Minutes later he clicked his teeth and said to the horse as he slowed. "Who boy!" He then dismounted the beast as soon as its momentum stopped.

A young stable boy eagerly ran up to take his horse as per his duties. Arturius smiled and chuckled at the boys enthusiasm for his duties so he reached into his money pouch which hung heavily upon his belt and pulled a single gold sovereign and flicked it to the young boy and rubbed him on his head as he turned to head to the mansion. The stairs like everything else on the estate was grand and immaculately cared for and extremely articulate which further denoted the owners station in the kingdom. The very thought made the knight frown slightly his stomach become slightly knight as he pulled the rope by the door and waited for it to be answered.

As he waited he flung back his riding cloak which draped heavily over his shoulders to wear it hung limply behind him in the same manner as a cape. It's removal from his shoulders revealed much more about the man's armor and in turn the man's own station and position within the Kingdom as well the man himself. The armor appeared to be a lighter version field plate as if it was meant for someone used to moving quickly in a fight. It was made with a combination of plate, scale mail and leather but none the less looked expensive and well cared for. He then sighed deeply as he rested his hand on his blade and thought about the man that hand summoned him and why he was summoned.

A manservant answered the door "lord Chagne is waiting in the foyer for you, may I take your weapons and armor to perhaps help you to be more comfortable?" the manservant kept his gaze down as was appropriate. He bowed an lead him into the foyer where everyone was waiting, there was the girls father and one of his fellow nobles.
Lord Chagne extended his hand "I am pleased to see you made it here Arturius I trust you trip was pleasant. This is Lord Pallum he is just friend and this young lady here is my daughter Lisha she is the reason I requested your presence." he said making introductions.
Lisha made a soft smile and curtsied politely "it is a pleasure to meet you" she said softly. She looked him over briefly, she couldn't believe it, she was being betrothed to this she was certain he was one of those that thought that she was just going to be a good little wife and exist for warming his bed and popping out his children, she looked around a bit, she didn't realize that all she was thinking had faintly appeared on her face. "father may I be excused it is such a lovely day outside I would hate to waste it staying indoors" she said softly.
Her father nodded "yes enjoy the nice weather I have some business to discuss" he said simply. He extended his hand indicating they all should sit. "now Arturius I understand that you have not yet taken a wife. I believe that if our families were to merge then we would both greatly benefit from such a union. I would like to propose a union between you and Lisha, The king has already approved and even encourages this union." he said sitting down in a chair. Her father had a tendency to not beat around the bush and get right to the point.

Arturius smiled nodded as he walked in and said politely. "Thank you my good man. " He then raised a eyebrow at the man servant when he asked to take his armor and weapons. He chuckled and shook his head as he took off his cloak and handed it to the manservant as he said in polite refusal. "No you may not I am quite comfortable as I am. You can however take my cloak and fetch me some drink as I am quite parched from my trip if your lord is approving of such a request. And if you please I would prefer some ale or mead if you have any available." The servant took his cloak and bowed as he backed away not turning around until he had taken three steps back. Arturious then headed into the foyer and was greeted by Lord Chagne who asked him about his trip and introduced him to a Lord Pallum. He bowed appropriately to both parties and responded in a cultured and well trained tongue. "Thank you milord for inquiring and yes the ride was a pleasant enough ride from the front. And if I may say I am honored to meet the noble Lord Pallum." When Lord Chagne mentioned his daughter he looked up and his jaw slacked slightly as he viewed the beauty that stood in the stairs. He inwardly shook his head and responded just as eloquently to Lisha and said. "And it is a particular honor to meet the lady of the house, who if I may say is the most radiant thing in the room."

She smiled and responded to him as she looked him over with a disgusted look upon her visage which caused Arturius to frown and ignored it as she requested to be excused outside. Her father eagerly granted her request before speaking to him with his proposal. Arturius listened intently and smiled at the man's bluntness and straightforward manner. When the man finished speaking he responded as tactfully as he could. "My lord I am extremely honored that you have chosen me as a potential suitor for your lovely daughter I must express that I do not feel worthy of the honor. I am a common born man who managed as many nobleman say 'weaseled' my way into Knighthood. I have the kings ear because I am good with a sword and I saved his son's life on several occasions. My lands and titles are not my own. They are merely inherited nothing more, however I do not wish to slight you by saying no outright so if you will allow it allow me a moment with your daughter so that I may speak to her and get her thoughts on all of this if I may?"

Lord chagne nodded "I suppose that would be appropriate you may do as you wish here. You are welcome to wander the grounds and to speak with my daughter, but be warned she can....lets just say she can be difficult" he said simply. He got up and shook Arutius' hand, "I hope that you find her pleasant" he said softly.
Lisha had acknowledged him barely she admitted it wasn't his fault but she did not want this, she reached back undoing the hairdo her maids had given her, she combed her hair with her long slender fingers, she loved to sit there and comb her hair, she pulled it so that all of it was hanging over her right shoulder. She looked around, she wished she could just stay out her all the time. She couldn't believe how wonderful she felt being outside. She walked over sitting on a stone bench and sighing heavily, a week before this she had been in a training camp getting ready to go fight when her father found her and forced her to return home.
The servant brought Arturius a goblet of meade "here you are sir." he said with a bow and left the room.
Lisha got up walking over to a tree and leaned against it resting her head back taking a few deep breaths trying to calm herself, she didn't want to deal with any of this right she just wasn't ready to sign her life away to some one she didn't even know. And she suspected he was much like the rest of the men she had run into in the camps. She hoped he wasn't but she knew the type and so far he fit the description he might try to be nice at first in an attempt to charm her but it wouldn't work not on her.

Back
Top Bottom