Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of a Princes Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd cry if I wasn't sure my tears would freeze."She laughed teasing 'van' shivering a little. Karen frowned at her friend in worr even as she followed valder into the tent, sighing softly as she settled into her sleeping bag."Its weird to think we're gong to be married tomorrow."She muttered as she yawned.

Maria shivered as she turned her face into valder's hand, she was indeed running a fever. Between the stress of the wedding and not eating right, it was amazing she wasn't even sicker."I'm fine."She growled sighing quietly she settled down to sleep.

Valder smiled a little as he stroked invisible tears away, frowning as he felt her fever. "no your not alright... your sick Maria." he protested, frowning as he shook his head. "mothers been putting way too much stress on you... i'll have a word with her. when we go back, i want you to do nothing for a while alright? i'll take care of anything they might want you to do for the wedding. their being too pushy." he admitted, laying a few more blankets on her. "you need your rest." he muttered, cuddling close to her, lending his body warmth to her.

Van sighed a little as he shook his head. "i know... in less than a day, we're going to be married, and in charge of a kingdom..." he sighed a little. "i wish our parents where a little less... pushy." he admitted, frowning a little. "did you know that their fighting about what color of white your dress is going to be?" he asked, blinking at Karen. "i mean honestly... aside from being the stupidest Argument ever... shouldn't you at least be the one to decide that?"

"I'm fine!I have to be."Maria said sighing softly in pleasure as she pressed her warm cheek against his cool fingers, closing her eyes as she tried to rest."Okay...I can do nothing. But you'll have to read to me some. I don't like not doing anything."She muttered, proving why her people loved her. Even sick, she cared more about what they wanted from her, instead of what was best for her.

"Well, soon enough they'll just be a lord and lady.Theoratically, we're in charge. We could make them less pushy."She said sighing quietly as she shifted to cuddle him before laughing."It's important to them I guess.....and I should,but they care more then I do."She said rubbing her eyes."Just one more day."

he snorted a little. "you don't have to be anything." he growled. "they can stuff it, if your sick, then we're postponing until your better, be damned what they say!" he stated firmly. "you can't rule a kingdom if you drop dead from exaughstion Maria. you need to rest, and take care of yourself too." he muttered, kissing her cheek. "just rest. i'll take care of everything while you rest and recover... after all, that's why we're getting married isn't it? to take care of each other and our kingdoms, right?" he asked, smiling at her. "we'll protect each other." he promised her, smiling. "even from our parents."

he snorted a little. "maybe i could throw them in the dungeons?" he mused, smirking a little. "yeah, i don't think either of us care much about the wedding do we?" he asked, smiling at her as he kissed her knuckles. "it will be alright, you'll make a great Queen." he assured her, smiling a little. "we'll make some changes." he decided. "so that our children, or our grandchildren, anyone, never has to go through this... we should let them marry for Love, don't you think?"

Maria sighed softly,"But they've fought so much over the wedding.This is will just be something else to fight over."Maria muttered even as she snuggled down into the bed, closing her eyes. "yes...that's what we're getting married for."She muttered falling asleep. In the morning she was running a even higher fever, shivering and cold as she pressed up gainst him trying to get warm,despite the many blankets she was covered in, she was cold.

"Maybe."Karen laughed before nodding."Not much, but its okay."Karen sighed before smiling a little at him, nodding."Yes,we'll let anyone marry for love. Not this."She said smiling as she fell asleep. in the morning she sighed, stretching as she sat up smiling as she looked around. It was weird to be waking up with someone,but not so bad.

in the morning, Valder worried over Maria, bundling her up tightly and started to carry her home, Vander groaning as he blinked at Karen. "morning." he murmured before blinking as he spotted Valder walking off with Maria. "Van! where are you going!?" "Maria's sick!" Valder called back, glad they had so much practice being each other... and being called each other. "i'm taking her back! and giving our mothers a very, serious, talking to!" Van winced a little at that and he coughed a little. "we're not going to want to miss this." he admitted to Karen. "he's going to make our mothers Cry." he admitted as he took her hand, got dressed while averting his eyes from her, and raced after Val to check on Maria. though he made very certain not to abandon Karen... even if they did abandon the tents and everything in them. once Val had Maria in bed and under the attention of a healer, he turned to the three women who where daring to demand where they'd been all night, and just as Van had predicted, Valder went off. it was hard to piss him off, but he was pissed off now.

he laid into them, talking them down as if they where children. he demanded to know what the hell they thought they where doing. wanted to know why they where making an already stressful situation even more stressful. demanded to know why they thought their children's happiness was so unimportant. he snarled, and snapped, and hissed, calling them selfish and unruly, harpies who couldn't get along with each other for more than a minute. and informed them that the wedding was postponed until Maria WASN'T Sick and that they where to bring any wedding related junk to him, NOT to Maria. as expected, two of the three women where crying about the furious tongue lashing. it was clear that while Valder was calm, and really rather laid back... he had a hell of a temper once you got it going. Vander was watching with a grin on his face and he glanced at Karen. "see? Maria will be fine with Van to protect her. you can stop worrying about your freind now." he teased her, kissing her cheek. "come on, lets go see how she handled the tongue lashing Van just handed out." because it had all happened right in front of Maria's door, she'd probobly heard everything.

Karen stared, looking amazed about the man who seemed so very laid back, looking worried about maria's health so much that he had gotten so angry. Nodding she looked amused at her fiancee,"Good.She needs someone to look after her."she said amused as they walked into the bedroom, snickering a little when she saw her friend struggling to get out of the blankets."Whatever are you doing maria?"

"Vander shouldn't have yelled at them. I'm fine."Se said even though she was flushed and sweating, it was obvious that despite evverything she was so sick. "Get back in bed maria."Karen ordered crossing the room to push the woman back down hoping that vander would convince her that she had to stay put.

Vander chuckled as he smiled at Karen, enjoying her look of awe at Valder's temper. not that she knew it was Valder, probably why she was so shocked. she'd never even so much as seen Vander raise his voice. "Vander SHOULD have yelled at them, he did, it's done, and he's right." Vander stated, looking amused as he gently pushed her onto the bed. "he's doing it to protect you, and trust me, you need the protecting... you getting sick at every turn because your over stressed, isn't going to help your people Maria." he chastised. "you need to worry about your own health from time to time too." he stated, checking her temperature. "now, Vander is going to take care of everything, and make sure it's perfect. Karen and i will postpone our wedding too until your better so you can see it. Father will live a little longer yet." a little longer... the current king was still going to live another twenty years at the rate he was going! he was just making Valder take over because he was lazy and tired of ruling. selfish bastard. well, Val and Van would be having the last laugh now! "now just rest. Van went to go get you some nice hot soup and some warming blankets. you don't want him to give you a tongue lashing too do you?"

Karen smiled laughing a little at that."See?No need to make vander yell at you. You're going to have enough chances to make him yell later."She teased amused that the girl was so sik that she gave in easily. It was sort of adorable, and definatel why she needed a husband, because only her husband would ever have a chance to force her to take the rest and relax enough to take care of herself.

Two days later, despite still looking pale and sickly, maria growled at valder as she sat up, moving to get up."I'm fine!And I know they're still growling at each other. Our mothers can't get along, and your father's doing nothing to stop them.Van, I need to get up, because the sooner we get the wedding out of the way, the sooner we can go home."She pointed out reasonably, hoping he'd see it that way, and that despite being sick still, they just needed to do this.

Valder sighed and finally nodded. "i know, their pissing me off too." he admitted with a shake of his head as he felt her forehead. "your still weak, but your Fever is gone at least." he grumbled unhappily. "Karen and Valder will get married tonight then." he agreed stroking her hair. "and we're up next tomorrow night..." he bit his lip, worried about her. "and then you'll rest some more. it's like Valder always says... you can't rule a country if you work yourself to death." he warned, kissing her Cheek again before helping her wash up and get dressed before finding their parents and glaring furiously at them. "because you idiotic Harpies can't get along for more than a few seconds at a time, Maria has decided to ignore her fever and get out of bed to do the weddings. you will have Karen and Valders tonight, Maria and i will have ours tomorrow, and then you three, and my father, will stay the hell out of our way." he ordered, his head high, his eyes furious. but they where back to arguing about how the wedding should go, and Valder gave up, rolling his eyes. it would all be over soon, and these idiots clearly didn't understand what was happening.

Maria laughed softly as her fiancee helped her get ready, amused as she walked out with him, glad that she was walking down the aisle with him as maid of honor, since she could lean on him without things going to badly. By the time they made it down the aisle she was pale and shaking but determined to last out the wedding. Karen gave Valder a look as the priest started talking paying more attention to the worry for her friend then her wedding vows.

But half way through the service it ground to a halt as the tsarina of russia slumped to the floor, flushed and sick, so overworked and tired from her parents demands that she just couldn't take it anymore. Hopefully,valder would realize that she just wasnt up for the public things, and arrange a quiet wedding, without their parents breathing down their necks.

Valder gasped as he caught Maria, and Vander winced as he moved foreword to check and make sure she was ok. the mothers rushed forward, but a single look from Valder made them realize that he wasn't in the mood for their fake worry. he carried her back to the bedroom and arranged for a coach to take them to a chapel tomorrow while the wedding went back on it's way at Vander's insistence. as the wedding certificate was signed, Vander made Karen sign first and once she was done he signed, blew the signatures dry, and rolled it up and tied it before handing it to the Archives Master for the Archives. by the time anyone realized he had signed it as Vander... it would be too late.

as Maria woke up, Valder was there, stroking her hair. "we're eloping tomorrow." he admitted to her, looking amused. "we're leaving all these bastards here, we're eloping, and then we're going to... where do you live again? Snow Hell? yes. we're going there." he teased, smiling at her a little as he kissed her forehead. "you just rest. as long as we get married they can't bitch about how we do it." he assured her, smiling at her. "and don't worry. Val made Karen finish the wedding. he's just as tired as we are about our mothers."

Karen smiled a little as they made their way towards the reception, her arm slipped through hwr husbands."i know it is a odd request, but i think we should go to russia for our honeymoon. I know we planned on staying here and thrn franc, but maria and vander need a chance to rest. A working honeymoon."she said smiling at him, wondering if he would mind the idea.

Maria stirred tiredly, smilng at valder."me to. Eloping will make them pissed, but its our wedding."she muttered sighing tiredly rubbing her eyes she reached out, tugging on his arm."lay down with me."she muttered blushing, because she just wanted to be held. And guilt turned her stomach at the memory of sleeping with valder,she hated betraying this good man who was taking such good care of her."its not snow well. Its not snowing now, its just really cold."

he smiled at her before grimacing. "...we have to go out into all that snow?" he asked, making a face. "fine. but i'm bitching the entire time." he promised, his eyes glittering mischievously as he chuckled. "and your right, they need to rest. Vander's going to work himself sick too at this rate. i do beleive their going to Elope." he admitted with a shake of his head. "they had their chances, our mothers... now it's Vander's turn to be in charge of something... come on, let's go check on them... i don't like how pale Maria was..."

he smirked a little. "i think it's about time WE where in charge of something." he agreed, smiling as he laid down with her, pulling her into a tight hug as he let her rest, closing his eyes before kissing the back of her neck. "it's alright you know." he admitted suddenly. "you don't have to feel guilty about it... i know that's part of what's making you sick..." he admitted suddenly. sitting up just enough so that they could look each other in the eyes. "i'm not mad you know..." he promised her, smiling as he pulled her in for a gentle kiss on the lips. "you don't have to feel badly about it in the least." he assured her. "and it is too Snow Hell!" he complained, pouting at her. "there's still snow on the ground! and it's cold, and wet, and mushy, and we'll have to stay inside all the time with your mother, who will be mad at us!" his eyes where laughing, showing he was teasing her, trying to make her feel better. "and your father and i will get bored and go find bears to wrestle and we'll both loose out legs because of it!" he couldn't keep the laughter out of his voice now.

"It's not that much snow. Only a few dozen feet."Karen snickered looking so amused at the thought before nodding."Hopefully our mothers will learn their lesson."She said before smirking."They would deserve it, if vander and maria did elope."She said as they headed for the main bedrooms.

Maria smiled a little shivering as he kissed her neck, tensing before suddenly relaxing when he spoke, looking so confused. Looking up at him she frowned issing him back softly. Confusion showing in her face before she giggled, "Bears?We do not have bears. Tigers maybe."She teased smiling as she laid down on him, resting her head on his chest."rest,vander. We both need it."

he rolled his eyes at Karen and shook his head. "a couple dozen feet. the snow is up higher than i am tall!" he complained, sounding amused. "granted, i don't hate it as much as Vander does, but it's still a bit much!" he admitted with a small chuckle before pausing as he heard Valder commenting on how Maria didn't have to feel guilty. "no bears? well, i'd rather fight a tiger anyway." Valder admitted with a small chuckle before looking up at the other two as they walked in. "how are you feeling Maria?" Vander asked, setting a hand to her forehead. "we're going with you tomorrow." he explained with a small smile. "we have the help of most of the Guards. their going to make sure our path is clear straight to Azinson." Azinson was a small, but beautiful town, and Valder looked very bright about the thought of having a wedding there. Maria was going to love it. "and we'll stay there for a few days so Maria can recover in peace before having the wedding." Valder decided with a nod. "the Guards will keep us well hidden. our parent's won't come out themselves to look for us, the Gaurds will just claim they can't find us. and the common folk don't know what we look like enough to tattle."

"Yes, but if it helps, Maria goes on vacation alot, to 'thaw out.'"She teased looking amused before frowning. Wondering what her friend had to be guilty about before looking relieved that she looked less shaky. "I feel tired.Weak.But not as hot or tired as I was."Maria said smiling up at vander as she rested her head back on valder's chest, smiling at the idea of running away."Well. A few days fear of where we're gone will do them good."She said nuzzling her face against valder's chest, thinking about it as she sat up."WE should get ready to go."She said eager to get things ready to go.

Vander smiled a little and watched Maria as Valder shook his head. "Valder is going to pack for Me. and Karen will pack for you." he glanced at Karen to make sure that was alright. "your still sick, and exaughsted, you need to sleep and i know you won't unless someone's right here to watch you.... and somehow i don't think you want me or Val going through your panties." he teased with a smile at her as he stroked her hair. "we'll get a good nights rest, and leave before dawn tomorrow." he promised, kissing her forehead. "now, sleep. we'll leave in the morning."

and indeed, before the sun had even fully risen, Van and Val where calmly urging, and helping the women to dress, and bustled them into a carriage where all of their things where waiting, along with massive piles of blankets and pillows for Karen and Maria so they could continue sleeping as they headed for Azinson. Valder's barley tamed horse was tied behind them, while Karen and Maria's horses pulled the carriage. Vander just left his horse at the stables, the pure white stallion would attract too much attention, and he could easily ride any horse, he wasn't picky like Valder was.

Maria smiled sleepily as she was settled into the carriage, shifting to rest her head on her fiancee's shoulder, looking amued as her friend cuddled her husband."Just think, Val, instead of horses, at home the carriage is a sled, and pulled by mastiffs."She teased sighing quietly as she tried to relax. but the woman was worried about what was going to happen now. Despite believing vander about not having to worry, she still fretted, and it scared her to consider what her mother was going to do when she discovered the brood mare that she was marrying off was missing...yes she knew her mother thought of her just like a breeder thought of a horse, but it was a apporiate thought

Val smiled as he kissed Maria's forehead, giving her a small nuzzle before shaking his head. "i don't know what a Mastiff is." Val complained with a small smile as they walked away. "you know... mother is going to be pissed when she realizes her prized Stud is missing." he teased, smirking at Vander who snickered. "please. we all know your the Stud. i'm the future King, your the one whose seed is being sold." Valder snickered a little and nodded. "this is true. in any case, they can stew for a while. it will do them good to realize that we're not obedient children anymore, but rather future Leaders... Kings, and Queens deserving of our titles." he decided with a nod as he snuggled with Maria, urging her to Nap until they got there. and then as they settled into the Inn he made sure she ate and drank plenty and went back to sleep, nursing her gently back to health while he worked on getting the church, the dress, the cake, and the priest ready for the wedding. everything had to be pretty, and perfect... not that it was hard to turn such a beautiful place into a wedding chapel fit for a queen. in a few days, when Maria was feeling better, she and Valder would be married. and Valder could only hope she wouldn't see him sign his own name. she'd be pissed if she caught onto their trick too early.

Maria smield a little as they got married, leaning against Val.While she still felt better, she'd gotten used to cuddling her finacee, and since she didn't have to be regal or composed for their elopement, she was cuddling him just because. Muttering the I do against his shoulder she turned a little, just enough to sign her own name before going back to cuddling him.

Karen snorted looking amused at her usually very withdrawn friend, glancing t her own usband. "She's never going to leave his side."she muttered amused about her friend's behavior. It wasnt every day that maria grew that attached to someone.

Valder had taken extra good care of Maria, and as she watched he reached down and signed his name with a familiar flourish. 'Valder Vershini' rolled up the scroll and handed it to the priest before ducking his head, and kissing her deeply, a smirk on his lips as he waited for her to start screaming at him, Van snorting. "him and his damn theatrics." Vander grumbled before chuckling at Karen, smiling at her. "it's good that Maria is so very attached to him... i do think that he's really starting to fall in love with her." he admitted, gently settling his hand on Karen's. "and i am terribly sorry about tricking you." he knew she wouldn't know what he was talking about, until Maria exploded... if she did. "it was what was for the best of all of us." Vander admitted. "we did what we had to, to keep all of us happy." and it was best for their Kingdoms as well. Valder would lead much better with Maria, in different place. Vander would lead his kingdom here, better than even his father had. it was for the best, and it was too late to undue the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom