Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mistake at the Desk (DontxBlinkk and Josu_T)

Josu_T

Supernova
Kyle Miller stepped off the bus after the long trip up the mountain from the airport. He was looking forward to two weeks of solitude and relaxation away from the stresses of his job and everything else. He'd recently ended a relationship with a woman he worked with and that was adding more awkward moments to his life than he'd really like. He really needed this vacation.

He looked around the resort and felt himself relaxing already. The place was covered in snow, but the roads and paths were nicely cleared. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a main lodge building that had the reception area as well as a couple of restaurants and some nice areas with large fireplaces. The upper floors had a number of hotel rooms and suites. A little distance away from the main building were many small cabins. Some had two or more bedrooms, but a few were quite small with just one bedroom. All of the cabins had livingrooms and small kitchens so the people staying in them could be fairly self sufficient. Some of them were quite far from the main little village. There were shops and restaurants stretching toward some other hotels and resorts.

Kyle was booked to stay in one of the single bedroom cabins. He had ski passes and tickets to a couple of events that were happening in the first week. He hadn't planned his second week yet. He had plenty of money saved up. He'd been saving for a vacation for two people, but now it was only himself. Because of that he had enough for two weeks and he could do whatever he wanted. If he wanted to ski more he would buy more ski passes. He made his way into the main building and got in line for the reception desk to sign in and find out what cabin he was in. When he got to the desk he smiled and got out his ID and gave his information to the person behind the desk.

The receptionist typed into the computer and found his name. They handed back his ID with a smile. After another minute they had the keycard for his cabin and slid it across the counter. Then they asked a very strange question. "Will you be needing a second key for your companion?" He wondered what they meant by that. He didn't have a companion on this trip. He was alone. He thought about it and wondered if he had marked that there would be two people. He'd been planning the trip before the breakup, but he thought he hadn't made the resort reservation until after. He couldn't really remember and decided to just ignore it.

He smiled back at them and shook his head. "No, that's alright. Thank you."

The receptionist nodded. "Ok, your ski passes and tickets are already in your room waiting for you. Enjoy your stay." Kyle thanked them and walked away with his things. He went outside where a resort employee was waiting with a golf cart sort of thing to take him and his bags to his cabin so he wouldn't have to carry them too far. He ran a hand through his short brown hair and let out a happy sigh, his breath showing up in the cold air. His tall, broad frame lifted his bags into the back of the cart and he took a seat and told the driver which cabin he was in. They drove off and he was at his cabin in just a couple of minutes. He got his bags inside and sat on a large, comfortable couch, relaxing and looking at his home for the next two weeks.

The flight to the resort was far longer than Rebecca Miller thought it could ever be. She was stuck in economy class for the longest flight of her life, but it was eased, thanks to the two attractive men sitting on either side of her. The blonde left the plane with a small bounce in her step, simply pleased to get out of the metal flying tube and onto solid ground again. The bus ride wasn't nearly as bad as the flight and in no time, she had arrived at the resort. As soon as she stepped out of the bus, the cold air nipped at her cheeks, a puff coming from her lips as her warm breath met the air around her. This was exactly what she needed. For nearly a year, she had been saving up for a surprise trip with her fiancé, but when Rebecca caught him with her younger sister, everything came to a halt. Every penny she had saved up for her wedding and honeymoon was moved to the secret account, and each cent was now being put into this trip. She had two weeks away from work, her family, and more importantly her home, which was full of moving boxes belonging to her ex-fiancé.

Without wasting any time, Rebecca approached the front desk, removing her red gloves and setting them on the counter. She handed the proper ID to the desk clerk and took a moment to glance around the lodge as she waited for the proper check ins to be preformed. One main fire was set in the middle of the lodge, surrounded by a protective barrier, keeping any accidental stumbles or unwanted objects from falling into the flames. Several plush couches were sitting in the common room, open to the guests of the hotel located on the upper floors. Rebecca had debated for the longest time about staying in one of those rooms, but had finally settled on renting a cabin instead, giving her far more privacy than a simple room would.

The blonde woman turned around, back to the clerk, and took back her card passed across the counter. She went through the proper instructions and took the proper keycard. "I'll give you one, just in case," the desk clerk told her with a smile before folding up the papers. "Your passes are waiting in your room and your transport cart is just outside the door. Enjoy your stay." The woman smiled, almost waiting for Rebecca to step away so she can return to her work. The hazel eyed woman gave her a confused look, but left the building in favour of getting into her temporary home.

Rebecca took mental notes of the area as they raced down the path towards the small city of cabins. When they arrived, Rebecca lifted her bags from the cart, with some small assistance from the driver, and opened the door of the cabin. It was quiet for a few moments after the woman closed the door, a small smile crossing her lips. But as soon as she spotted another set of bags sitting nearby, her entire body tensed.

"Excuse me?"

Kyle spent a few minutes just sitting in the livingroom relaxing. He liked the little cabin. It had a good ammount of space in it. He would be able to fully enjoy his time alone. There was a nice large flat screen television on the wall and he was sure there were plenty of good channels. The fireplace was one that needed to be manually lit, but he thought that made for better heat and better atmosphere anyway. There were instructions on how to light it and where supplies could be found. There was a large container of wood outside the cabin, but they had created a smart little contraption to get it into the cabin without having to go inside. By pulling open a panel some logs would slide into an opening. Kindling and matches were stored in a safe spot next to the fireplace. There were even instructions for the floo and it was clearly marked which way was open and which way was closed, a feature that was lacking in many fireplaces. The fireplace wasn't totally necessary though. There were electric heaters all around the cabin to maintain a nice temperature.

After a few minutes he got up and explored the rest of the cabin. The bedroom was cosy but comfortable. There was one large bed in the middle of the room, exactly what he had wanted and asked for. There was a big closet and a dresser with enough drawers for the ammount of clothes two people were likely to bring on vacation. There were a couple of large chairs in the room as well. A little table sat on either end of the bed. One had an alarm clock and radio while the other had a phone. The bathroom was placed nicely between the bedroom and the living room. It had a large bathtub, big enough for two people and quite deep. It was curved in a way that made it look very relaxing and it even had jets. It was almost a mix between a hot tub and a bathtub. It looked like it had a nice shower as well. There were large, fluffy towels and a couple of bathrobes with the hotel logo stitched into them. There was also an assortment of various soaps and other products, some of which he had no clue what they were for.

He passed through the livingroom again to get to the kitchen. The main room had the fireplace and the television along with a large couch and some more big chairs. A small table sat in the middle of the room. There was a desk at one end with another chair. It held another phone as well as a room service menu, a directory of services, information for connecting to the wireless internet, and some other notes. There was a plug and a jack in the wall with a wire for wired internet connections. The desk also clearly held the ski passes. He glanced at them and thought there were too many, but didn't really check. The floor was carpeted except around the fireplace. The same carpet ran through the hall to the bedroom. One interesting feature was that there were three small steps up from the livingroom to the hallway where the bathroom was situated and then the bedroom at the end of the hall. Across from the bathroom was a simple closet with an ironing board and an iron.

He looked around the kitchen which had a nice tiled floor. There was a table in one area with three chairs around it. Enough for the two possible people staying in the cabin plus a guest. There was room at the table for four and the desk chair would fit perfectly. There was a refridgerator and freezer as well as a microwave, oven, and a coffee maker. There were some pots and pans as well as some usual kitchen tools. Anything someone would need to make a basic meal if they so desired. Kyle figured he might make himself breakfast some mornings. There were dishes, glasses and utensils as well. There was coffee and tea provided, but other than that the kitchen was devoid of food. The guests needed to order some or buy some themselves. The resort didn't want food being provided and then going to waste.

He was in the kitchen when the door opened and then closed again. He heard a woman's voice and turned toward the door of the kitchen. He moved to where he could see and his blue eyes gazed through and he saw the blonde woman standing there. She didn't look like hotel staff. He'd only been there for maybe ten or fifteen minutes anyway and didn't think they would disturb him so quickly. He thought she looked like someone he had seen on the plane and the bus. Then he remembered, he'd been behind her on the plane and in front of her on the bus by a few rows each time. He stepped into the livingroom with a confused expression. "Um, hello. How did you get in here? This is my cabin, are you sure you went to the right one? Did some resort staff open the door with a master key or something?" He didn't know why she was there, but he wasn't exactly looking for random guests.

Rebecca's eyes instantly narrowed, as if she was ready to blame him for every mistake leading up to this one point in time. She was in no mood for games and the man across from her didn't seem to have any idea as to what was going on either. She lifted her key card to prove something to the man and slowly removed the daggers she was glaring into his body. "This is my cabin," she told him, taking several steps inside, bringing what was left of the snow on her boots with her. The heaters had taken care of most of it until there was just a few drops of water left. "I'm not sure what you're doing here, but I'm not about to share this place with you." This was a huge mistake on the hotel's part, if this was their new situation. Never in her life had she heard of this sort of mix up happening, but with how her luck was going lately, she wasn't surprised this had happened.

Sadly, she didn't get the same feeling that Kyle had when he entered. Instead of feeling relaxed and pleased with her trip, the blonde's body was tense, seemingly ready to attack the man in the room if he dared to try to push her out of the cabin in any way. Her flight had been far too long and her body ached too much for her to want to deal with any more surprises or any fights. But at the same time, she didn't want a stranger sharing any part of the temporary home with her, and certainly not running the possibility of having to sleep in the same bed with him.

"There's got to be a mix up," she continued, her eyes tracing the room for a phone. The desk stood out right away and she began across to the receiver, planning on giving a long, formal complaint when it was all worked out. Pulling off her glove, the woman stopped at the edge of the desk, leaving plenty of space between the two strangers, her eyes landing back on Kyle's own. "You're sure you're in cabin 317?" she asked, making sure they both had the same number before she called the lodge and either of them began to make fools of themselves. There was a complete possibility that the driver had taken one of them to the wrong location. She paused for a moment, holding her thumb and pointer fingers together in front of her while her eyes traced along the walls to the door, seemingly giving something a moment of thought. "This is 317, yes?" Her voice dropped into a much more cautious tone, loosing the sting it held earlier in her words. It wasn't completely gone, only hiding beneath her questioning ways, wanting to make sure she wasn't the one to make the mistake.

Kyle knew he was in the right place. He had opened the door with the key he had been given. He had checked the door number upon arrival. He was wierd about that, but beacuse of it he knew for a fact that he had entered the right cabin. He didn't really care who the woman was or why she was there, he just knew she was wrong. Either that, or the resort had made an enormous error. He doubted that, so he returned to thinking she had done something wrong. She looked upset, annoyed, and stressed. He knew that stress could make people lose focus. Still, he just wanted to spend the evening getting settled in his cabin.

She showed him her key and then claimed there must be a mix up. He simply looked at her, waiting to see what she would do. Her first instinct was the same as his, go for the phone. Though his call would have been to security to get the strange woman out of his room. She seemed to be acting a little more reasonably for the time being. He moved closer to the desk, ready to reach out and force a hang up if she made any crazy claims to the reception desk. She didn't dial yet and she seemed to think. Her question about the number had him pull out his key again with the small envelope thing they had given it inside. The number 317 was written clearly on the front of it.

He moved even closer to the desk. "This is 317. I am in 317. It says that right here on this." He set down the key and envelope. "I know I belong here. I made sure. Maybe you should have done the same before entering a cabin. Look, I can prove it even more. They left my lift passes and everything else in here before I even arrived." He turned to the pile of passes and picked them up. He looked at each one and read the name on it, saying it aloud as he put each one on the desk so she could see. "Look at these. Kyle Miller. Kyle Miller. Kyle Miller. And two more for Kyle Miller..." His eyes met the next one and the name on it and his voice faded. A look of confusion returned and he lifted it closer as if he might not see it clearly. He slowly read it out and placed it on the desk. "And... Rebecca Miller." He looked at the rest to make sure it wasn't just a one time mistake. He found a couple of tickets to a couple of things that had his name on it, but everything else had her name on it, pretty much a matching set to his. He placed them down. "More for Rebecca Miller. I'm guessing that's you."

He looked over at her, feeling a little bad for internally blaming her right away. But annoyance and frustration with the resort quickly took over. He glared at the phone. "Well, don't bother waiting any longer. Call the desk and tell them they screwed up so they can come fix this problem."

The blonde woman paused in horror when her name was read from the passes. "That would be me," she agreed, her eyes narrowing once again. This was a horrible mistake and the hotel was going to pay for it. If it was possible, Rebecca would have smoke pouring from her ears, but as it was, she unzipped her coat and grabbed the phone. She dialed the proper number and held the speaker to her ear, looking towards Kyle as she listened to it ring on the other end. "This is Rebecca Miller calling from 317," she told the desk clerk, doing her very best to keep her voice calm and her tone polite. "There's been a bit of a mistake here. Apparently, there's two of us booked for this cabin?" She fell silently, listening to the woman as she explained what the computer said. Rebecca raised her eyebrows in response and turned away from Kyle, leaning against the desk.

"No... we just happen to have the same name." She stared at the wall across the room, pursing her lips in an unpleasant way. "We don't know each other. Never seen the other in our entire lives." Her eyes slid to the side again, running over Kyle once again. Several thin strands of hair fell over her gaze, but her eyes didn't brake from the man. She wasn't expecting anything from him, but she felt the need to keep a watchful eye on him until this mess was settled. She scoffed into the phone and stood up from the desk. "Yes, this is a mistake." She wheeled towards the man in the room, staring at him as she continued to speak to the woman on the phone. "Another cabin is ideal, yes."

There was a moment of silence before Rebecca lowered the bottom of the phone for a moment. "She wants to know if one of us will accept a hotel room, if one's open." The aggravation could be heard in the woman's voice much stronger than it was a moment ago. "She has to check, but there's no cabins open."

He watched as she dialed. The annoyance was building to anger at the resort. He wished he could be on the phone, but she had already been there. But it may have been better that she was the one. He wasn't sure he could have been calm at the start of the conversation. She was doing a good job of sounding polite as she told them about the error. He waited as the person at the desk responded. She gave the obvious answer to what he figured might have happened. It was quickly clear that the hotel had made an assumption that put the two of them in the same cabin.

She looked at him as he spoke on the phone and he watched her. She continued talking to the desk and he grew more and more angry. When she finally told him what had been asked he glared at the phone. He took a moment and a deep breath, then looked at Rebecca again. He spoke, able to barely keep a calm voice. "One sec, I'm going to get on the phone in the bedroom because I don't want to yell at you. This isn't your fault."

He turned and went right to the bedroom. He sat down on the edge of the bed and picked up the reciever. The two phones were on the same line, so he could join the conversation. When he spoke he wasn't calm. "I don't know about her, but a hotel room is not ok. I booked this trip thinking I'd have two weeks where I can be alone. I don't want people next door or above or below me. I want what I've paid for and nothing you can do to repay or compensate will make up for it. Are you sure there are no open cabins, none that are booked, but haven't had anyone show up to sign in?" He had been able to keep it clean, but his anger was evident. They were lucky they weren't there having this conversation in person. Not that he'd actually attack anyone if they were, but he felt as if he could.

Rebecca didn't have to know the man to know he was getting angry at the situation in front of them. She couldn't blame him and was, in fact, supporting his rage. This didn't seem to be something either guest wanted to deal with on their vacations and each one had all right to grown angry and frustrated with the situation. To have the hotel just assume they meant to book together was not only bad service, but several shades of rude. The woman watched as Kyle left the room and closed her eyes when she heard him pick up the other phone. She gave him a chance to speak, knowing she had given her opinion on the matter and he needed to voice his own concerns.

The woman on the other side of the phone seemed to shrink back as soon as Kyle had gotten on the phone. "I'll check, sir," she told him, the sound of clacking keyboard keys coming over the phone as she began to search. There was a moment of silence as she scanned the logs and quickly returned. "I'm sorry, but all of our cabins are taken. The next opening isn't until the end on the month." Before anything else could be said, the receptionist continued. "I could check the other resorts in the area to see what they have, if you would prefer I do so." The least she could do to make it up to them was look into the others in the area. "My manager may be able to transfer your money to the other resort..." Her voice slowly faded off, hoping that perhaps that may calm the two visitors down.

Rebecca sighed into the phone, rolling her eyes while she was in the other room. "Please do so. And call back when you find something."

Kyle listened impatiently as the woman on the other end rapidly typed, searching for something to please her unhappy customers. Deep down Kyle knew it probably wasn't this woman's fault and being mad at her wasn't right, but he really didn't care. When her response came back he was ready to tell her to get a manager on the phone when she made the suggestion that she search for other openings. The fact that she'd come up with that idea on her own without being told calmed Kyle down a fair bit. When Rebecca responded he sat there silently. He figured it would take a while so he hung up. He made his way out of the bedroom and back into the living toom area.

He looked at Rebecca and sighed as he walked toward her. "Well, hopefully they find something. But what they find may not be great. There are a number of resorts, but only two that have cabins like this one. But I'm sure you already knew that if you did some research to find the best place on this mountain. We may as well each find our passes and tickets and stuff so we can make sure we each have the ones that belong to us in case one of us is moving to another resort." He moved to the desk and looked at the small pile of ski passes and other things. After finding the ones with her name on them he hadn't organised them. He picked them up and quickly did so, making two piles and noticing that they had ordered very similar things, nearly identical.

The blonde stranger hung up her own phone when the call ended and stripped herself of her coat, crossing the room to hang it on one of the hooks near the door. She watched as Kyle entered the room, keeping an eye on him as he spoke about the next hotel situation. She nodded in agreement, removing her scarf, and crossing back to the desk. She watched as the man sorted through the tickets, taking the same notes he was. They had several matching interests and Rebecca confirmed them by lifting a ticket from Kyle's pile. She found her matching own and looked at the two side by side. "I could see how they made the mistake," she admitted before setting them back into the proper stacks. "Not that I'm pleased with it, but we do seem to have a lot in common." She turned around, letting out a hard sigh, brushing some of her ginger blonde hair from her eyes. "Shame. If we had another situation, we might just get along."

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing. Rebecca grabbed the hand held device before Kyle could get to it and held it to her ear. "Hello?" She fell silent as she listened to the woman on the other end of the call and her face instantly turned sour. "I doubt neither of us can wait until the end of the week to get a place," she informed the clerk, glancing towards the man beside her. "We both paid for this cabin. Unless it's a good deal, I don't think we'll be moving our vacations..." Her jaw visibly twitched in anger as she fought to keep herself calm. In a swift movement, she lowered the bottom of her phone to her chin and stood up, facing Kyle straight on. "There's no other rooms around," she told him. "And I've had this time booked off for months. Your move." She offered the phone to him. "Maybe you can speak to the manager."

Kyle didn't say anything as Rebecca spoke of their similar interests. He could see it too. It was quite obvious. There was also a chance they had booked at the same time, or at least within days of eachother. Their tickets and lift passes had numbers that were close together. Those could be coincidence, but could mean they were ordered at the same time. He just looked at the phone, waiting for it to ring. He wasn't in a patient mood at the moment.

When the phone rang he watched as Rebecca picked it up and responded. When she reacted to the person on the other end he was surprised. There was nothing for a week. He waited impatiently as she spoke some more. Then she told him what was going on. He took the phone and sighed. "I've had this time set aside for a long time as well and I can't extend it or delay it now." He lifted the phone to his ear and cleared his throat. "Neither of us is able to wait a week. Now I'd like to speak to a manager or a hotel owner or someone who can actually do something." He waited for a minute and a manager came onto the other end of the line. Kyle listened as the situation was explained. His facial expression showed more and more annoyance and anger. When he got a chance he spoke as calmly as he could. "So you're saying there are no options unless one of us is willing to take a hotel room? That can't be the only option." The response was not what he'd hoped for. "I guess we will need to talk about it."

He set the phone down and looked at the woman in the room. "They say that either we share the room somehow or one of us gives it up and goes to a hotel room. I don't know about you, but I really don't want to go into a hotel room. Plus the only rooms they have left are on party floors where there are likely to be a lot of loud people staying up late. I'm not going to stay on one of those floors in a small room."

Rebecca scowled as the man described the rooms that were left. "There is no way i'm spending my vacation there," she snapped, immediately regretting that she could have possibly sounded aggravated with him. "I'm sorry. No, this isn't happening." She looked towards the couch in the living room and gestured towards it. "Here's a couch. There's a room. I'm not leaving this cabin though." She wasn't pleased in any way to hear what solutions the hotel had come up with. She took a moment, taking several steps away from Kyle as her eyes moved around the private room. Staying with a stranger was the perfect vacation either, but at the same time, she would rather share the private area than have to live for two weeks around far more annoying people.

"What do you think?" she asked, glancing back at the man in the room.

((Sorry it's short. Bit of a brain dead post))

Kyle looked over at her as she said exactly what he was thinking. They were definitely on the same page. She asked him for his opinion and he sighed. "I think sharing this space with one person is better than being stuck with a lot of people around in a small hotel room that is nowhere near as nice. I'm not going to the hotel and if you aren't going to either then I think we are stuck here together, at least until something opens up." He picked up the phone again and spoke with the manager about what they would do. He explained that they should let he and Rebecca know the moment a cabin was available, whether it was because of someone cancelling or someone leaving.

Before he hung up he asked if they could send a bed of some sort for the room. Unfortunately they explained that they didn't have any spare beds that they could possibly move to one of the cabins. He frowned unhappily and then hung up. He looked at his new roommate. "So, how are we going to do this? I don't think sharing a bed is something that either of us wants to do, but we can't get another bed. I guess the couch would be fairly comfortable, but it still isn't great. Any suggestions?"

Rebecca waited beside the phone as Kyle spoke, her arms crossed against her chest, waiting to hear the final verdict of their apparent punishment. She wasn't pleased about this arrangement, but luckily her now-roommate wasn't happy about it either. At least they could agree on that. "I would imagine there's extra blankets in here and if not, they'd have to have extra in the hotel." Her eyes travelled to the couch and she gently blew a small section of hair from her face again. "It seems to be the couch or floor. Kitchen counter if we really wanted, but that would be worse than both of those." She left a moment of silence before turning towards the man, fully ready for the challenge she was about to lay out in front of them.

"Who gets the bed?" she asked, making sure to let the man know the blonde was ready to fight for the comfort of the bed. She was also testing him to see how much of a gentleman he would be in the future. "We'll have to share the bathroom obviously, but I've done that most of my life so it won't be an issue for me." Two male college roommates meant she was used to seeing more male products than she really wanted to in that time of her life. But luckily she was prepared for the present situation in that aspect.

Kyle nodded, knowing she was right. One of them would either be on the couch or the floor. He hoped there were more blankets. She asked the bed and he realised she really wanted it. It was his vacation and because of that he would have really liked the bed, but the situation was different. He thought about it for a few seconds, looking closely at the couch as he did. Eventually he sighed and shrugged. "I've always been able to sleep well in less than comfortable places. So I guess I can take the couch. It looks like it is large and should be comfortable enough. Sharing the bathroom is fine. Of course we don't have much of a choice with that." He wasn't happy about giving up the bed, but it was the right thing to do and it would avoid a conflict between the two of them.

He moved over to the couch and sat on it. As he sat he knew it would be ok as a bed. They would need to find some extra sheets or get some sent over. Still, there were other important things to do at that time. He didn't sit for long. He checked his pocket to make sure he had his wallet, then got up. "I'm going to the main building now before they forget about us to make sure we get compensated for charing this room. I don't care how they do it, but both of us should get half our money back for at least as long as we are forced to share this room."

Rebecca had a small swell of pride inside as she won the argument with the man. She hid it well and nodded in response, glancing slightly around the room. A part of her knew she should feel bad for making the man abandon the main bedroom on his ruined vacation, but at the same time, her break was ruined just as much as his was and she didn't want the couch either. It was a rough decision for both of them to make, but Rebecca was ready to put up a fight just as much as the man would to get what she wanted.

When he suggested him going to the main building, Rebecca nodded in agreement. Getting some of their money back would be the only way they could fix the situation at hand. And she would be sure to never stay at a location run by this company again. "Just tell them to bring the blankets while you're there," she advised, smiling slightly to the man in front of her. If he would leave, that would give her time to explore the cabin like Kyle had done before. It certainly seemed to be set up for two people and even a bit too big for one. Before the mess up though, that wasn't about to stop Rebecca from having a good time by herself. Now, things would just be changed slightly. She still had her tickets and it would still be a nice vacation away from her home, but now she'd have a companion. And it couldn't be all that bad. The man she was forced to room with seemed nice enough and was certainly interested in the same sort of shows and entertainment as she was. There was a good chance the two would be going together to the events. this wouldn't be so bad... or at least it couldn't get worse.

He nodded to her when she said to get blankets sent back. He wasn't about to carry them all that way. They were quite a distance away from the main building. He didn't say anything more. He just put on a coat and got ready to go. A minute later he was walking out the door. The cool, crisp air hit him and he took a deep breath. He enjoyed how clean cold air felt. He smiled and started to walk down the path. The resort was definitely beautiful and it helped calm him down and ease his mind about the situation he was in. The walk to the building took a while, but he didn't mind.

When he got back to the lobby he walked inside and went right to the desk. He waited a few seconds to get the attention of an employee, then he explained who he was, which room he was in, and made sure they understood the situation. He asked to speak to the manager right away. Fortunately they already knew his name and the situation and went to get the manager right away. When Kyle saw them he did his best to calmly request that he and Rebecca be compensated for the inconvenience and the mistakes that had been made. The manager seemed fairly understanding and willing to discuss. Kyle felt like they might actually get a fair deal. He started by asking for more than he expected as a way of negotiating what they should get. That started a little back and forth between them. The manager wanted to only give back half of the money for the cabin. Kyle would not accept that. That was what they should legally give back. Kyle wanted something to make up for the mistake. It took a long discussion to come to an agreement and Kyle and Rebecca would get back half each for the cabin for their entire stay, even if one of them got a different cabin some time within the two weeks they were there. They would also get some of the money back that they had paid for other hotel based services. They couldn't get anything back for tickets and passes, but that didn't bother Kyle.

After the discussion was over he thanked the manager and shook their hand. He then asked for more sheets and blankets to be sent to their cabin. He was assured that some would be sent. What neither of them realised was that at that moment there were no extra sheets or blankets available. Since it was getting cold many people were asking for extras. On top of that the resort was in the middle of doing double washes for all their bedding which meant that it took a lot longer to get clean ones. The manager sent the message to get some to the cabin but with none available it had to wait and by the time there were more available the person who had been asked had left and forgotten to tell someone else to do it. Kyle, unaware of how long he would have to wait, smiled as he left the lobby and made his way back to the cabin. He wanted to tell Rebecca the news before he went to get some dinner.

Back
Top Bottom