Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mass Effect Discussion

Which are you Paragon or Renegade?

• Total voters
Hello my fellow Mass Effect Junkies!,

From first time players to Veteran N7's this board is for all you Broshep and Femsheps who can't get enough of the sci-fi universe of Mass Effect and let me be the first to say hello to you all and have fun posting about your favorite game on the Citadel!

I'm a fan of the series; I've played through the first two games numerous times. The third one kind of soured it for me, because I highly disliked the ending. I thought it was terrible in every single way, and has killed any motivation for actually beating it twice. That being said, I love the mulit-player mode. It's the most fun I've ever had with a hoard mode, and I was pretty good at it too. I really prefered the Salarian Infiltrator, but towards the end of my time with the multi, I was able to play Gold successfully with a Human Vanguard. I didn't get a chance to play through the newer difficulties that were released, however.

As for the single player, I preferred Jennifer Hale's voice acting to Mark Meer's in the first two, but felt that Mark pulled ahead in the third game a tad. My main interest in the series is the ability to customize the protagonist. I cannot think of another game that allows you to personalize the protagonist to such an extent in relation to the story. Renegade Shepard and Paragon Shepard are different, and sometimes achieve different results. While this function is somewhat cosmetic, as you always reach the same end scenario, the details may differ. This is something Bioware is pretty good at, and a feature I enjoyed in their other games. The massive scope and production values of Mass Effect just really help to set it apart.

Bioware also has a way with creating some of the best companions in any game. The only characters on the Normandy that I actually disliked were Kaiden and Jacob. They were rather bland and boring. Jacob was just a black guy thrown in for ethnic diversity, but I didn't really mind it. It was only until the third game, where he turned into a complete coward, that I disliked him. It also bugged me when I learned that he basically just leaves Female Shepard for some random chick during the events between the second and third game.

Anyway, my favorite characters have to be Jack, Aria, Grunt, Wrex, Tali, Kasumi, Zaeed, and Thane. However, I pretty much liked em' all, even the love-to-hate Udina. The guy was just a good character. I also really liked the Illusive Man, until they ruined him in the third game. I understand what they were going for with the plot, but it just felt really forced. The comics explain his circumstances better, but I just didn't like the direction. It felt too much like a repeat of Saren.

Overall, it was a fantastic trilogy, and a technical achievement.

Personally I'm with the series all the way I was a bit disappointed at the ending but I wasn't ripping my hair out like half of my friends than when the extended cut ending came out and I saw it for the first time I was happy how things turned out and how they were explained not to mention the tear jerking moments that I was so happy and sad to see unfold before my eyes and overall it was a good end to the Shepard Trilogy.

...Y'know, unless you like to be understood. Or make good impressions. Or demonstrate an education superior to third grade.

I think the immersion of the universe finally came to its peak in 3. I like how you can occasionally come across some of your team members having a discussion, which really fleshed them out for me. In the previous installments, everyone was static and solitary. It was kinda boring.

I do remember the first time I played the demo for ME3's multiplayer mode. Holy hell, it felt so fast-paced and action-packed, compared to the other two games. It was awesome. I also recall Xanatos wanting to run a system-based game in the Mass Effect universe.

Speaking of, are there any GRPs running in the Mass Effect universe here?

I agree with Kite. One of the best things they did to ME3 was to have the squad members interact with each other. It made the Normandy feel more alive, as if things where going on when Shepard wasn't there. I just wish there was more over-world stuff. Why couldn't they utilize the hammerhead from ME2? That thing was fun to pilot.

Oh... how could I forget? The journal was an absolute mess in this game. The thing was almost useless. I understand the concept of exploring, but damn was that journal useless when finding certain things out in the galaxy. I also hated the constant anxiety I would have that I was missing something on the Citadel. I wish they had come up with a better way to let you know that there was still some guy someone, in some corner, that had a time-sensitive quest that could be activated.

I love the game series, so much. I agree the ending was lackluster and not what Shepard deserved, but otherwise, I was drawn in and never released. I guess you could say they indoctrinated me. Haha.

Does anyone still play MP on XBOX 360? I freaking LOVE MP.

Im going to try to get internet later this week and then hopefully i will be online also. I play both bronze and silver at times.
Im also going to be playing SpartanOps as well. My gamertag is the same as Bluemoon

At one point I was pretty good at carrying teams in Gold. However, I stopped playing for a while, and then started up again when they released Platinum. I never got my skills up again to even attempt it. Doesn't help any that I could NEVER get any sniper amps, which are absolutely crucial when using the Black Widow.

My favorite enemy to fight is easily the Geth. They're just so damn relentless! I always disliked fighting the Reapers, because of the Ravagers. I really liked the Collectors as well, and found them to be a great addition. Perhaps I should get around to getting Gold back.

Sniper head-shots take out just about every single non-boss Geth unit in a single shot (lower than gold, because shields always protect health on gold and above). Have a decent sniper rifle, a good amp, those head-shot bonuses, and they're the easiest force to pop heads on. Before Bioware took off the head-shot bonus on the primes, it was the same thing. I think on Gold, with the proper settings, I could take out a prime in two or three reloads with the black widow. Also, they're actually pretty fun to fight while using the human vanguard. None of the geth have that one hit kill, and the charge and nova combo constantly kept hunters and pyros off balance. The only time things got sticky was when the game decided to glitch, and the change wouldn't work despite targeting an enemy.

I actually didn't mind the ending, although I have the feeling I'm one of the very few who didn't hate it with a passion. It was lackluster definitely, but I didn't dislike it. The Extended Ending fleshed it out a little bit more, and I do prefer the ending with it though.

I've been rather partial to playing as an adept, actually. One of my two characters, Evelyn Shepard, is an aggressive, obviously renegade adept who enjoys the idea of knocking the Reapers down a few pegs. Probably my favourite character I've played as, maybe just a little below my renegade sentinel that I played when I first got Mass Effect 2. The idea of an incredibly aggressive person in a support role makes me chuckle.

Okay Everyone I have I got a News update for you,

As I'm sure some of you have already heard the news on December 5th or 2012. Bioware is currently in the midst of making a new Mass Effect 3 DLC. As of yet, I have not unearthed any big revealing details about the DLC other than the following.

Firstly to quote Bioware they have said that "It's all hands on deck for this one. Pretty much every ME3 DLC Writer is here in Edmonton is involved. (Which would include both Patrick Weekes and John Dombrow.)

Now in terms of the DLC's music, the original Mass Effect Composer Sam Hulick is back after an absence from both the Leviathan DLC and Omega DLC.

And people such as Joker, Ashley Williams/Kaiden Alenko(Which everyone is alive in your playthrough) will be making an appearance in this DLC as well.

Now I have been hearing Rumors that the DLC will be taking place on the Citadel, maybe having something to do with the influx of refugees or perhaps Joker's Sister (Only mentioned) will be involved in this. Others are saying that they may bring Shepard back or they might have a tear jerking funeral scene for Shepard.

Now keep in mind, I'm not sure if some of this will even happen but one things for sure....Bioware's got one last card to play.

Javik will always be my favorite character.
He was just so powerful in his presentation. His quotes were memorable, And you could feel the anguish from him.
I'd be willing to say he had more character than half the me3 cast.
"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask THEM if honor matters. The silence is your answer"

Yeah, Javik was definitely a great addition. I think he should have been included with the game for free.

I think he was at his best on Thessia, when he just completely shreded Liara. Now I don't dislike Liara or anything, but their conversations were just too damn priceless. Actually, Javik's insight was great on just about any mission. It actually made me wish I did not have him, so I would be tempted to use some of the other characters instead. I'm a creature of habit, so I really don't like to deviate from the same path when I play games. I started a second game, but found I was just making the same team decisions regardless. It would have been nice if Bioware included something during the second play-through so you can see who would have special dialog during any particular mission. Like an icon or something. I know that would take away from the replayability, but it would just help me personally. There's nothing like bringing along a character, and they are absolutely silent the entire time, or don't have any unique dialog.

Back
Top Bottom