Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where is all the anime fans?!?!?

• Thread starter animeroleplayguy
  • Start date
Though sometimes they word or add something into the script when you are watching it dubbed. For an example, when someone says something in subbed and it gets translated. It sounds stupid in dub. I feel like that is another reason why some dubs are bad.

Mitsu said:
I actually haven't seen GTO, but I own a bunch of the manga volumes. How does the anime stack up to the manga?

That is a great Anime, loves watching that. Talking about all this Anime, I need to get my stuff out again and watch.

If I remember correctly and it has been several years, I the Anime was one of those that came out close to the manga. I want to think that there might be more Manga though cannot remember. Also I remember watching a live action version of it also that was pretty good, and I have heard talk that they may be doing another live action one.

animeroleplayguy said:
Though sometimes they word or add something into the script when you are watching it dubbed. For an example, when someone says something in subbed and it gets translated. It sounds stupid in dub. I feel like that is another reason why some dubs are bad.

That kind of reminds me when I bought a really, really cheap sub of the hentai Bible Black for my ex. I remember watching that, and OMG it was painful to read the subtittles it was so bad. Figured out why it was cheap.

I have watched that hentai online. At least that is what I think the name was. Some part of it was pretty weird.

Yeah it is a stranger one, but I tend to enjoy some of the more stranger ones. Like Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend. That was the first Hentai I was ever exposed to, and surprisingly enjoyed it.

Oh, somehow I completely forgot about Read or Die. That was a good one; I enjoyed both the movie and the series. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi was another awesome series. I don't remember it much now, but I remember laughing my ass off watching it.

Ikki Tousen was an interesting anime, and I realized that they've made about two other series that connects to it that I kind of want to see.

Fun fact about DBZ, most of the stuff after Freiza was pretty much publishers bugging Akira Toriyama for more..and I believe they did it again to have the Buu Saga. That being said, hard to honestly say if he didn't have plans and they just pushed him to do it. The only Saga I really disliked in DBZ was Majin Buu, although the fight with Goku and Vegeta was pretty much worth it.

Gohan getting turned into a vagina pretty much made me not like the Buu Saga.

I don't watch a lot of anime anymore just because I find myself being a little detatched from the fandom, but one of my favorites is IGPX

Yeah, I believe it was the same way for the mangaka of Inuyasha. The publishers just wanted more, so she had to keep going. As for Akira Toriyama, he actually wanted to kill off Goku, but wasn't allowed to. Also, he never intended for Vegeta to become one of the "Z Fighters"; the guy just became so popular he had to.

I don't watch a lot of anime but I read a lot of manga the anime I liked say Golden Boy a story about a guy who charmed women everywhere he went on his petal bike.

I think most people have grown out of the generally childish nature of anime by the time they can be on this site.

EDIT: Fucking called it.

Also, OT, the list of quality anime I've ever seen is short.

Trigun, Mushi-Shi, Elfen Lied

My list is too freaking big to be worth mentioning. The shows that I'm watching right now include Robotics;Notes which is so fucking good, Gyrozetter, and Chaos;Head which is completely forgettable.

Anyone remember Medabots? I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember it being rather humorous, and that it had a pretty kinetic animation style. It's also a cool concept, in that it's Pokemon for mech fans.

Anime that emtertain me
Bleach Naruto and Fairy Tai

Anime I love and cherish that are good to me
Gantz Berserk and Sekirei
One Piece is somewhere there but not sure where

It's been mentioned before, but I figured I'd give it a plug anyway-- I just finished reading the manga. Do you like music? Then you need to go watch Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Why? I have yet to see an anime that does the band genre better than Beck. Now, I know it may be a niche genre with slim pickings, but Beck is really good.

First off, the music is actually pretty good. I'm not a fan of most Japanese music rock music, however what you have in Beck is some decent stuff. The real-life Beat Crusaders were the driving musical force behind the anime, so it has an authentic feel. The music isn't just some studio band hired by the production company to belt out some quick tracks. The songs in Beck can stand on their own feet, and still retain the raw, amateurish feel of a band just starting out. The only problem with the music is that they cannot possibly live up to the bar the author set with the main character's voice. This creates a bit of a disconnect, as you watch the fan reaction on screen, and then gauge it against your own more realistic response. Another cool thing is the English dubbing of the series; they actually re-recorded the music in English. I think it's really cool that the localization bothered to do this, however the results are mixed. When translated into English, the rapcore songs are a bit lost. Chiba, the hip-hop/rap front-man, loses a whole lot of his aggression and flow. I also found that the songs themselves feel a little more flat.

The animation isn't anything special. It's the typical quality you'd expect from most anime productions. It isn't bad, but it isn't OVA quality or anything. However, the feel of the manga is preserved in the art style and animation, so it's a boon to the fans of the manga. Both the opening and ending credits are done very well. Both capture the feel of the anime very well. The visuals are satisfying, and the music is just fantastic.

Where this anime really shines is the story. Beck is a surprisingly realistic tale of what it's like to get a band going. While this is a tale of a shy novice realizing his potential and talent, he doesn't get there overnight. Yukio "Koyuki" Tanaka, can sing his ass off, but he's a diamond in the rough. For what talent he does have vocally, he lacks it elsewhere, as he picks up a guitar and learns to play. For months he practices, and for years he performs, but it isn't for at least four years that he starts to come into his own. While the manga does extends years after the anime, I assure you that Koyuki isn't portrayed as some prodigy god. He doesn't give a lopsided smirk, flick his nose with his thumb, and then rattle off a shonen one-liner. He's a humble guy, and he knows he isn't great, but he diligently works harder to get better. He's written more like a real person. Throughout the series, the band deals with chemistry issues, disappointing performances, and the brutal expenses of a tour. Things go wrong for Beck more often than they go right. However, when things do go well, when the stars are perfectly aligned, their triumphs are great. The hard work and passion they put into their music pays off. It's very satisfying to watch or read.

So, go watch Beck! You won't be disappointed; It has action, comedy, romance, and awesome music!

Animes

K- on
Rosario vampire
High school of the dead
Sekerei
Negima
Ouran host club
Melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
High school dxd

Oh boy. Its hard remembering animes I have seen, but I'll try and list each one..

·Attack On Titan
·Black Butler [Season 1, Season 2, Book Of Circus arc]
·Blood Lad
·Blue Exorcist
·Deadman Wonderland
·Death Note
·Diabolik Lovers
·Hellsing [The Original]
·Hellsing Ultimate |Much better than the original anime|
·Soul Eater
·Tokyo Ghoul

Back