Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where is all the anime fans?!?!?

• Thread starter animeroleplayguy
  • Start date
A

animeroleplayguy

I am serious. I put up a request thread and asked a lot of people if they are interested in doing an anime fandom. You know what I got? It was either "I don't watch anime", "I dislike anime" or people that have no clue what anime is. The main reason why I am posting this is to find out how many people are anime fans. Also, when someone say they watched animes. It is an anime that I have never seen. I know this might be weird but I love romance. Being a guy that might be rare. Though I have also watched a lot of romance typed animes. Is anyone similar to me?

Before I put my long list down. I would like to heard the animes you have watch and see if you can top mine. :p

Notice: I have watched all of the seasons of the animes I have listed.

My list of animes:
Code Geass
Highschool of the Dead
Naruto
Bleach
Chrome Shelled Regios
Shakugan no Shana
Kaze no Stigma
DearS
Chibots
Fate Stay Night
Fate Zero
Angel Beats
Chrono Crusade
Air
Clannad
Kanon
Shuffle
Sword Art Online
Black Cat
Buso Renkin
Da Capo
Darker than Black
Full Metal Panic
Myself, Yourself
School Days
Kenichi
Toradora
Tsubasa Chronicles
Zero no Tsukaima
Vampire Knight
Vandread
Chaos Head
*and more once I remeber them*

Darker Than Black was fucking awesome and beautiful to boot. No Neon Genesis Evangelion? For shame. How about Ghost in the Shell or Elfen Lied? Yo missin' out, brah.

Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Naruto
Bleach
Trigun
Kaze no Stigma
Inuyasha
Chobits
E's Otherwise
Black Cat
Buso Renkin
Getbackers
Darker than Black
Full Metal Panic
Trinity Blood
Kenichi
Deadman Wonderland
Tsubasa Chronicles
Loveless
Vampire Knight
xxxHolic
.Hack//Sign
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
Cyborg 009
Kikaider
Initial D
Rurouni Kenshin
Outlaw Star
Baccano!
Negima
Full Metal Alchemist
Digimon [I consider it an anime]
Blue Gender
Hero Tales
Fairy Tail
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight
Air Gear
Angel Sanctuary
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Aquarion
Blue Exorcist
Baka and Test
Baki the Grappler
Bamboo Blade
Basilisk
BECK
Birdy The Mighty
Black Cat
Black Blood Brothers

And trust me, my list continues.

Rudolph Quin said:
Darker Than Black was fucking awesome and beautiful to boot. No Neon Genesis Evangelion? For shame. How about Ghost in the Shell or Elfen Lied? Yo missin' out, brah.

Ghost in the Shell - both seasons were awesome.

Elfin Lied was fabulous.

Not a huge fan of Evangelion though. It was meh.

That reminded me, Hahvy, Fullmetal Alchemist was really great too.

@Rudolph
I know Darker than Black was awesome. To bad they messed it up in the second(or was it thried) season.

@Hahvoc
Dang, you have a long lost of animes. Though my list also is longer. It is just hard to remeber all the names of the animes. Right now I remeber one but forgot the name of it. It is about a little kid who holds a secret techique. Then he meets a guy who is trying to kill him. He points at someone and they die or suffer. Though each time he uses it takes part of his life. Do you know this anime? I forgot the name.

I have not watched Fullmetal Alchemist though I was planning to read the manga instead. I heard that brotherhood was better.

animeroleplayguy said:
@Rudolph
I know Darker than Black was awesome. To bad they messed it up in the second(or was it thried) season.

@Hahvoc
Dang, you have a long lost of animes. Though my list also is longer. It is just hard to remeber all the names of the animes. Right now I remeber one but forgot the name of it. It is about a little kid who holds a secret techique. Then he meets a guy who is trying to kill him. He points at someone and they die or suffer. Though each time he uses it takes part of his life. Do you know this anime? I forgot the name.

I have not watched Fullmetal Alchemist though I was planning to read the manga instead. I heard that brotherhood was better.

That is Nabari No Ou

Yeah that's it. Thanks Hahvoc, now I can put that in my list of animes(my head).

Hey I am an Anime fan, but looking over your list there are only two I have actually watched through out of it. Vandred and High School of the Dead.

For me I think maybe I came out of a slightly different generation of Anime. I haven't watched a lot of the newer stuff. And for me I can't really specify a specific type I like, I just like what I like.

My List would be:

Cowboy Bebop
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Samuari Champloo
Peacemaker Kurogane
Rurouni Kenshin
Ceres
Fruits Basket
Fushigi Yûgi
Excel Saga
Ouran High School Host Club
Wolf's Rain
ROD: Read or Die
Witchhunter Robin
Vampire Princess Miyu
Azumanga Daioh
Bastard!!
Berserk
Trigun
Hellsing
Black Blood Brothers
Bubblegum Crisis old and new
FullMetal Alchemist Original and Brotherhood
Ghost Hunt
Ghost in the Shell
Great Teacher Onizuka
Gungrave
InuYasha
Black Butler

And that is just what I can think of right now. And I reccomend them all they are great Anime's :)

I usually like newer animes. Since they have better quality. I hate it when the animes do not have good quality. If you have watched Angel Beats, that has pretty good quality. Though I di not like quality like Fullmetal Panic. Even though I have watched it. It prefer better video quality on my animes.

I don't really watch much anime anymore; I mostly stick to manga. I have an easier time finding free manga than I do free anime! Anyway, I don't remember everything I've watched, but I'll list some of the anime I like off the top of my head.

Mobile Suit Gundam

Ghost in the Shell

Paprika

Hellsing

Full Metal Alchemist

BECK

Hajime no Ippo

RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~

Samurai X

Baka and Test

Tokyo Godfathers

Akira

Steamboy

Dragon Ball Z Kai

Cowboy Bebop

Blood: The Last Vampire

Hahvoc The Opast said:
Not a huge fan of Evangelion though. It was meh.

I agree with you on this one. Initially I thought the series was pretty good, but my interest waned as it grew more and more ridiculous. The plot just grew too convoluted, and that's coming from a Metal Gear and Resident Evil fan! lol

I was the same way when I started watching, I wasn't big on the much older ones. But I am big on story, so just as long as it generally looks good I am addicted now. The new stories haven't hit me so well when I have tried to watch some.

Depends on what you mean by better quality. Things like Ghost in the Shell are pretty slick storywise and the animation is pretty crisp with a more realistic slant(compared to the big distorted eyes of something like Pokemon or Sailor Moon). Yet, something like Dragon Ball Z might be considered poorer quality by some.

Another one that has always been close to my heart is Blue Sub No. 6. One of the very first I saw and I love the shit out of that style and storyline, everything about it.

I personally like anime better. Since it allows me to relax. Also it allows me to pass time when I am bored. Though sometimes I just read the manga if I can't stand wondering what will happen next. For an example Bleach amd Naruto. When it gets to a good part and I need to wait until it airs next week. I just go to the manga to see what happends next.

Watch Fullmetal Panic amd Angel Beats. Even if it is only for a few minutes, you will see what I am talking about. I will have to admit. Being a sensitive guy, some animes had made me cry.

I don't tend to do a lot of Manga unless the Anime ends early, or is so completely off the original story. Like with Fruits Basket, was so upset they never made more anime of that. And Little Pet Shop of Horrors, it was only a couple of episodes but a bunch of Manga which was great.

Cassandraks said:
I don't tend to do a lot of Manga unless the Anime ends early, or is so completely off the original story. Like with Fruits Basket, was so upset they never made more anime of that. And Little Pet Shop of Horrors, it was only a couple of episodes but a bunch of Manga which was great.

OMG! Yes, the Fruits Basket anime ending pissed me off too!

I know what you mean. I was looking for romance mangas and found The World God Only Knows. I enjoyed ever minute of that manga. Though when I went to look for the anime. It only had a few episodes.

Good thing I did not watch Fruits Basket. It just does not appeal to me that much.

Yep, Fruits Basket is one of my Top Animes/Manga. And once done I had to rush out finding anything I could read on it. And the one character I would have loved to see in in Rin, was never in the Anime. Oh well, what can you do.

Does anyone hate how in animes. The main character acts like a wimp? Like that is how it is with Ichigo from Bleach. Sometimes he acts like a badass but other times he crys over nothing.

Rudolph Quin said:
Depends on what you mean by better quality. Things like Ghost in the Shell are pretty slick storywise and the animation is pretty crisp with a more realistic slant(compared to the big distorted eyes of something like Pokemon or Sailor Moon). Yet, something like Dragon Ball Z might be considered poorer quality by some.

Another one that has always been close to my heart is Blue Sub No. 6. One of the very first I saw and I love the shit out of that style and storyline, everything about it.

As far as story goes, Dragon Ball Z is pretty lame. Akria Toriyama even admitted in an interview that he never planned anything, and just winged it. I will say that from Raditz arrival on Earth to Goku's arrival on Namek, the plot was actually pretty good. Everything after that just felt really uninspired to me. Not to mention how even more plot holes were dug up. However, Dragon Ball Z had some pretty good animation in it from time to time. If you want to check out these parts, watch the Kai version that they recently put out. It cuts through all of the filler and nonsense, and focuses mostly on the finer parts of the series. Most of the Android and Cell saga look like crap, but it's worth noting that Goku's battle with Cell looks mighty fine at spots.

As for Ghost in the Shell, it's pretty damn good. My favorite episode has to be Poker Face. I'm also rather partial of the one where the Major fights that one walking mech, and ends up shooting it pointblank with that rile over and over.

animeroleplayguy said:
I personally like anime better. Since it allows me to relax. Also it allows me to pass time when I am bored. Though sometimes I just read the manga if I can't stand wondering what will happen next. For an example Bleach amd Naruto. When it gets to a good part and I need to wait until it airs next week. I just go to the manga to see what happends next.

Cassandraks said:

When anime is right, when the animation is good, the art is good and the acting is good, it's fantastic. However, just like American cartoons, the good stuff isn't always there. I believe a lot of anime is done on fours, because of how dialogue heavy it is, and how low the budgets can get. Couple the lesser animation with minutes and minutes of talking faces, and anime can be pretty terrible. Thankfully, anime with higher production budgets tend to not have such things as often, or the studio will lower the production value on certain parts, just so they can bust out some crazy animation later in the episode (sometimes season). Manga on scanlation sites is free, and the medium allows for a greater consistency in quality (art at least). The artwork also tends to be better than what you'd find in an anime (especially the anime versions).

However, needless to say, that is not a rule. Rurouni Kenshin is a good looking manga. The Samurai X OVAs are full of fantastic animation and art!

That being said, I'll pick a great anime over a great manga any day! Although it'll be a tough decision. lol

I totally agree. Though what is your guy's opinion on dub and sub?

animeroleplayguy said:
Does anyone hate how in animes. The main character acts like a wimp? Like that is how it is with Ichigo from Bleach. Sometimes he acts like a badass but other times he crys over nothing.

I do sometimes at least, that is why some of the Anime's, I tend to enjoy the support characters better then some of the main ones. Some of the main characters drive me insane.

animeroleplayguy said:

I honestly rather have a good dub any day, I can enjoy the characters more that way.

For me it depends. Some of the voice actors of dubs are just crappy. While others are really good. Though if the dub is good, I rather watched it in dub but sometimes I enjoy sub better. Dont know why.

animeroleplayguy said:

I don't mind either way, as long as the voice work is done right. Cowboy Bebop is one anime where I cannot listen to the Japanese audio; it has to be the English. On the other hand, the English dub of the Ghost in the Shell movie is terrible, and the Japanese audio must be played.

GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKAAAA.

I loved that anime. XD And I've watched 90% of Cassandrak's anime list. But I realized when I was looking over a mostly complete list of animes that I've probably watched at least 100 different animes. It makes sense because I own almost 400 mangas and a few of them are completed series.

But dub/sub depends for me. I loved the dubbing of Wolf's Rain but I didn't like the dubbing of Deadman Wonderland.

I actually haven't seen GTO, but I own a bunch of the manga volumes. How does the anime stack up to the manga?

Back
Top Bottom