Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Late night calls and romance novels (me and Notte)

Raziel99

Pulsar
The rain was coming down hard outside the estate, the sound of each drop hitting the marble roof echoing through the halls, fast in their repetition, but distinct in their sound. A bolt of lightning illuminated the dark foyer, and almost as if on cue, the fireplace lit up, making a silhouette of a man. The man turned around, peering at his guests, when...

No, really, it was a rainy night that night, but it wasn't a foyer that Alexander de Vaux was currently sitting in, but his den. And although he was praying on the rain to once again give him inspiration. The calm repetition of droplets hitting the stone of his estate, mingled with the hits on the marble and wood, usually soothed his mind and gave him a fresh influx of ideas. Sadly, this was not a night like normal. He was already late in sending in this book, and he was only halfway done because of... several setbacks. A loud sigh went through him, before he set back down to his writing.

...when another lightning bolt came down, casting a haunting light on him for half a moment. His features looked shallowed from age and stress, but quickly fell into darkness once more. "I hope you remember why you are here." The man wheezed out, walking to the other end of the room, to the door. "A simple puzzle to find out where the money is. I'm sure two smart lads such as yourselves can find it without the help from a old man like myself."

The door opened, the torchlight from the hallway illuminating through the doorway...
Alexander moved the page away, turning to a fresh one. ... The light was muted through the room by the man's body, until there was a loud gasp, the man curling over in the shadows before the audible sound of him hitting the ground, curled up with a pool of blood forming under him...

Alexander growled angrily as he took the sheet of paper and crumpled it up, throwing it at the wall in his fury, followed by the pen he was writing with. The pen shattered into thousands of pieces, leaving a dark splatter of ink on the wall. Undisturbed by it, Alexander put his head down on the table to get a hold of himself. It was just stress, nothing else. His hand reached blindly for the small wine glass at his side,, flexing his fingers around the base and lifting his head up just enough to down the glass, leaving a somewhat red stain on the inside, the little bit left pooling to the bottom.

"What am I going to do." He groaned to himself, looking at his last page. "This is terrible writing. The company is going to be pissed." He didn't care for the company publishing his work too much, but it was a great... way to make money. The phone rang, and he knew instantly who it was. He had to feign that he didn't, though, so he walked over to it, absently picking the phone up. "Hello, Alexander de Vaux here."

Kate B. Garret was no a happy women, she was cold and soaked through to the bone and it was all her Authors fault. But, being the head of Publishing, she had a job too do and a pain in the ass Author to handle. The one in question was late with his manuscript, so she had come all the way out to his residence, in Canada, might she add, all the way from California. And, she had gotten lost, very, very lost. Actually, she wasn't even sure where in the world she was, but her cell phone was pressed tightly to her ear and she was huddled into herself, trying to shave off the wet cold.

"Damn it, don't you whiny bitchy narcissistic-I-need-you-too-constantly-stroke-my-inflamed-ego writer's ever learn to pick up a damn ph-," she cut herself off right away, when he answered the phone, finally, after the third time calling. Quickly she changed her tone and added a smile, but she was shivering and her teeth were clattering, "Mr. De'Vaux," she pronounced his name with a thick accent "I am so happy that you are home this evening, I do hope the manuscript is coming along nicely?" She was overly polite, but she had to hurry this along, if she stayed out in this harsh weather any longer, she feared it may take her life.

She waited a moment for his response, but quickly rushed on. "I'm calling to actually inform you that I am currently in Canada en route to your estate, although, I have gotten myself rather lost. As the storm rather threw me off the road and well, I just have no idea where I am in general." Her voice was usually smooth and professional, but at the moment, it was rather drowned out by the pulse of the rain. "I believe I am just down the road from you and I have already started walking, but I really would like to know if I am going in the correct direction, or if you could possibly, by any chance, come and get me."

It was true, she was walking, and she wasn't wearing the correct anything for a hike. She was wearing a white business suit, with a skirt instead of pants to show off her killer legs, and three inch heels. Her brown hair was plastered to her face and neck and try as she might to move it away, the rain and wind always forced it back. Her make-up was also starting to smear and the mascara burned her eyes. Worst of all, she felt like she was being watched, and she kept on hearing the strangest noises; which in turn, made her weak heart pound as if it were going to break free from her breast.

Ugh. Alexander was halfway to thinking that Kate was the bane of his life, out so far in California. And as the rain started coming down harder outside, trying to take his attention, he could have sworn that he heard rain on the other side of the phone. "Yes, the Manuscript is coming along well. It hasn't been typed yet, but the writing of it is coming closer to completion." His head bowed down as he held the phone to his ear, his free hand reaching up and rubbing just above the bridge of his nose.

"Wait, what was that?" His head picked up, eyes narrowing. Of course he heard her, but it was the shock of the moment. "My estate is the ONLY building in the mountains. It doesn't exactly blend into the stony fields with the marble." God, some of the city people were complete idiots. And she was just one of the specimens of them! Then he heard her request, and he moved the receiver from his mouth. "Hell and damnation..."

He pressed the phone back tight to his head, standing up now, but forced to bend over to not lose the phone. "Yes, yes, I'll be down in a moment to meet you." He hung up the phone without another word to her. "Amateur," he muttered, though he knew that she had done that work for a while. But he was starting to get angry at the constant interruptions. How was he suppose to get his work done for them if they interrupted him every few days with phone calls and other messages.

The den was soon abandoned, and he grabbed a cloak to cover his features and protect most of himself from the heavy rain. From the sound of it, she hadn't done the same. His head came out from the top of the cloak, showing his chiseled and angled face, deep blue eyes and rather pale skin framed by shoulder length dark hair. It was tied back at the moment, not wanting it to get played with by the wind and rain. He went outside, steadied himself against the rage of the air and water, facing it and heading forward.

It took him about a quarter of a hour to find her, a decent way off the road and at least going the right way. But he could understand her fear: the wolves were starting to howl, and they weren't that far away. "May want to follow me, and hurry." He said to her, turning away and quickly moving away towards the estate. If she went as fast as him, they could make it in less than ten to get there.

Her annoyance level only grew at his appearance. On foot. "Don't you own a car?! Who in the hell would walk out in this ran instead of just driving. You are even more crazy then I am. And really, it isn't like you can be completely pissed off at me, my boss was the one who sent me here; when I was supposed to be living it up at La Petite Mort." She slammed her lips closed in a very tight line, she had not meant to let the last part slip out.

She cocked her eyebrow and stared after him as if he were stupid, did he not notice the fact that she wasn't wearing anything remotely hiking material? All of her hiking equipment was back at home and for pleasure, this trip was meant for business, so she had dressed that way.

Honestly, she felt and looked like a drown cat, her clothes were sticking to her frame, showing off her breasts and her curves, and even worse, the material was made see through because of the ran. Great, this is just fucking great, I'm stuck alone on a mountain with no one else around with a man that dresses like some want to be Dracula. I swear, he better not try to make any moves on me. I'd hate to have to explain to the boss why I maimed one of our best selling authors.

Unwilling to be left behind, she stopped for a moment and quickly took off her shoes, she wasn't getting a very good grip on the ground and she was starting to slip backwards. She would just have to grin and walk barefoot. She really hoped he wasn't bothered by a little mud and water, because she had nothing else to wear.

He stopped, almost in a fake freeze as she sent her taunts at him. "Why in the nether hells would I bring a car down here to bring you to my estate? To have you drench the whole of the backseat with the rainwater, mud, and whatever gets you wet?" His worlds were meant to be sharp, because she was testing his patience. With a quick motion, he nearly ripped off his cloak, tossing at her. He didn't need the distraction of her body in nearly see-through material. He had enough... urges that he held back.

He heard the sounds of the wolf pack howling again, a little closer. "Maybe I should leave you here to keep the wolves company? I'm sure they like a talkative one such as yourself." He was sure that would make her shut the hell up and follow him, and he started off again, up what seemed to the feet be gentle slopes up the side of the mountain, where to his eyes was the Marble and stone estate of his. He tilted his head to the side slightly, seeing from the thick drop of water how it would be hard to see it... from a few hundred meters distance, at most.

The trek was slow, because he had to deal with whining and the sound of wolves for entertainment. The natural music of the wind howling and the splattering of rain was just enough for him to tap his foot and snap his finger to, but he refrained from it, figuring that it would be too much amusement for his 'guest.' By the time they did reach the estate proper, and he was opening the door, his shirt was drenched, and because it was white, it hugged his body, showing off the toned muscles, particularly his chest and abs. His pants were dark, but he figured she didn't need another reason to get wetter. "Better hurry before the wolves come for you."

She rolled her eyes at his pun and barely glanced at his well toned chest. When they got into the doorway, she took off his cloak and handed it back to him, with a curt "Thank you." After the cloak was out of her hands, she started to unbutton and remove her light business jacket. Her silk undershirt was completely ruined, soaked through and perfectly see through, her lacy white bra didn't even appear under her shirt, leaving the dark hard peeks of her nipples visible. However, she barely noticed or paid attention as she tilted her head to look out the door towards the howls. "You know, if it wasn't raining, I probably wouldn't mind. Nor would I mind if I were the one who fed the wolves - they do need to live on too. Why not die to give another person or creature life?" She paused and her eyes looked sad, "not as if I have much to live for anyways." Her voice had become low, a whisper, a thought spoken aloud.

She set her shoes on the ground and turned back towards him with fire in her eyes and her lips set. A determined streak to her jaw, "but that is besides the point. I came here because I have a job to do Mr. De'Vaux and at the current moment in time, my job is you. To see to your needs and your comfort's so that you can get this manuscript finished." As she spoke in that stubborn voice, a shiver of cold went up her spine and she wrapped her arms beneath her breasts, unknowingly raising them up in invitation.

"However, the manuscript shall just have to wait for tomorrow. If you can please show me to a room and even more so to the shower room so that I may get out of these wet clothes and heat my body. As a matter of fact, you should do the same also. I do not need you to catch a cold." That one glance at his body was all she gave in indication to a mild interest, but the interest was not even a sexual one, just an observant one of his wet clothing.

Her words seemed... almost sad. Poetic, in a sense. "What is one life if it does not help the lives of others, either beast or man?" He said it in almost a mystified voice, like a ritualistic proverb to live by. But he shook it out of his head, not looking at her. He had seen by the back of her shirt that she was, in all practicality, topless, and he didn't need another temptation. Or, if worse came to worse, a lawsuit that these people were so fond over.

He forced his head to snap back to facing her, though, after he noticed her heated gaze, heard the slight bite to her words. "Is that so?" He said, his voice almost a jagged taunt, to see if she would react to him. "So your bosses send you out to be the slaves of the writers, to do their every bidding, until they finish their work? I may have to be slow in production of my stories more often." His arms crossed over his chest, framing his upper body well in strong, toned arms. "If I was a lesser man, I would have accepted that offer already. Even still, after such time here alone, I..."

His voice was cut out by the sound of soft padding on carpet above them and behind her, and Alex broke his gaze to look up, seeing the two wolves sprinting down the hallway, jumping down the grand staircase in a single bound, rushing towards the two of them. Alex could hear the growls of the two as they stopped right against Kate, growling and taking a attack stance. But with a single whistle and a dark glance at them, the two wolves circled around her to Alex, turning and facing her while at his side. One of them was a black wolf, slightly larger than the other to show that it was the male, with deep brown eyes. The one on his right was pure white, a snow wolf female with vivid blue eyes. That one looked up at Alexander knowingly before turning to look at Kate.

"These are my pet wolves. They're rather protective of the estate, and me, but I'm sure they'll leave you alone." He threw it in as a afterthought, before walking past her to the staircase. He unbuttoned his shirt and peeled it off his body, throwing it onto the black wolf before turning to her, his toned body close and in view of her now. "Come, I'll take you to your room." He led her up the stairs, taking a left at the top to enter the West Wing. It was like a maze of winding hallway and doors, but not once did he look back to see if she was following him. He eventually opened up a door on the right side, leading her inside.

The room was rather large, with two doors on the left side, one of them leading to a closet. The room had no windows, and no lamps, only a ring of candles that adorned the walls all around the room, separated by 2 or 3 feet. The opposite end of the room had a large canopy bed, with black drapes blocking out view of the beddings. There were a few wardrobes, with various sets of clothing: from long dresses, to skirts, jeans, t shirts, and dress clothes. She would probably find something she liked from all of them that fit her. The wardrobe closest to the bed, though, was locked.

"That door there leads to your bathroom." He said, pointing to the closest one on the left. "Have a good night." He closed the door before she could say anything.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, "I did not mean that they sell me out sexually. I'm usually just there to cook and clean and do the shopping, basically to take care of their worthless asses while they try to come up with their next novel, even if they are stuck in a writers block. I help them to brainstorm and give them new idea's and material." She shook her head in exasperation. "Do you really think that Versarious Luthern came up with his best selling top novel all buy himself? Hell no, I practically wrote that damn book out for him."

Her eyes didn't even widen in shock when the wolves came running, she just stared at them long and hard, before she flicked her eyes back to his. "They are beautiful." She sighed and followed after him as he just rather left her standing there. She paid little attention to him disrobing, but scowled darkly when he just threw his shirt onto the black wolf. She hated when people treated animals as if they were slaves.

She looked around the room after he left her, then padded into the bathroom. She didn't bother to shut the door, figuring that he would be gone for the rest of the night. She disrobed slowly, peeling away the wet clothing from her body. She was cold to the bone and needed to get into the shower quickly. After she stepped out of her panties, she walked into the shower and turned the water on full blast. A deep moan of pleasure passed from her lips as the hot water cascaded over her.

Alex and his two wolves headed down the hallways, finding their way easily through the maze of walls. Of course, he took the long way: his den was really only two halls down, but how was he to quietly contemplate on his way there with such a short walk. He closed the door to his den behind him, the wolves having followed them in. As Alex put his forehead against the door, he felt the wet smack of his shirt hit him in the back.

"Don't you throw your dirty, sodded clothes on me! I don't care if it's just rain water!" Alexander turned from the door to see His younger sister Desiree shifting from her white wolf form, her husband, Julian already shifted, seething. "I am not some hamper for you to throw the dirty things on, Alex!"

Alex put his finger to his lips, letting out a soft breath to try to quiet him. "If you keep this up, the human woman will start to think something is up. we don't need this letting out.

"The way that you looked at that woman, Brother, I would think that you wanted something off." Desiree spoke in a knowing and taunting voice, and Alexander stared her down, eyes narrowing into little slits, his blue eyes - normally matching hers - turning a deep, angry red.

"I would watch yourself, Sister. She surprised me with her way of coming here and her attire. Nothing more."

"Nothing more? Then go drain her. Kill her and get her over with."

"No. Killing her would mean more coming, and they'll find out."

"Then send her away."

"Again, not possible."

Julian growled low in his throat. "I can make it look like the wolves did it. Nobody will find out."

Alexander sent him a venomous glare, a rumble in his throat showing his distaste for the idea. Desiree perked up at that. "See? You have feelings for her. Get it over with and claim her."

Desiree was the one for Alexander's glare now, and Julian pipped up. "If you don't, I will." It was done in a teasing voice. He obviously didn't mean it, but it still got him a backhand to his head from Desiree.

"Fine. I'll get her. But I don't have to like it." Alex grumbled, and Desiree cheered up, hugging her brother before her and Julian shifted. "Just remember, you two. She's a member of this household like the two of you are. There will be dire consequences if something happens to her."

The two wolves nodded at him, and Alexander opened the door for them, letting them roam free. Probably to their rooms, far in the other wing so he wouldn't have to hear their lovemaking. Once the two wolves disappeared, Alex set to Kate's room. He had been gone for a hour, surprisingly, and wasn't surprised to see her sleeping, through the door was opened. He walked in silently, no footfalls to alert her. She was sleeping peacefully, and his body moved weightless to climb over her to blanket her form.

She actually smelled sweet, washed and dried off from the rain water. Her body was nearly wrapped in the sheets, and covered by the blanket, but he didn't bother with that. His lips beelined for her neck, gently kissing and nipping along it, feeling her pulse pick up in anticipation. His fangs grew out and bared, and he bit down, feeling the hot blood pool into his mouth, and his eyes rolling into the back of his head. It was a mix of flavors that riled his senses, sent his mind into overdrive. Salty, sweet, strong, fiery, all rolled into one package, and he forced the groan to stay in his throat, not to make a sound.

He drank deeply, unable to control himself. He hadn't had too much blood that evening, and she was such a willing sacrifice for him at the moment. But he forced himself back after a moment, feeling her pulse start to weaken slightly. A shock of feat went through his spine at the thought, and he tore his wrist open, putting it to her lips. His mind went into hers, firmly taking control and forcing her body to drink what was to keep her alive. He felt her body respond, taking gulp after gulp of his lifeblood, and when he knew that it was enough to keep her alive, he pulled his wrist back, licking it shut before making sure her neck was shut similarly and cleaned off. He left the room for his den, rejuvenated by the blood, and a fresh idea in his head. He sat down and started to write from where he left off.

The light was muted by the man's body as he started to walk off, but the man let out a startled gasp, audible to the men. They turned around in haste to look at the door, but the older man simply laughed it off. "You gave me a fright! Go sit down, they should be starting soon." And past the older man came in a woman of surpassing beauty, her hair going down and ending in very slight curl...

Back
Top Bottom