Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Music of the Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandoin laughed a little smiling s he pressed a kiss to her hair as he hugged phedre."Well, I didn't fix it. You're the one who put it together."He teased stroking her back, looking at a loss of what to think when she started crying. Looking t gwen he looked a little wide eyed as he tried to figure out how to help phedrea calm down. Poor guy just wasn't good with emotions He'd locked himself down since sarah had died, that he had no idea how to handle things.

she smiled a little. "you fixed the parts... some of them where too mangled to be put back together... you had new ones made for me..." she snuggled into him. "thank you... Brandoin thank you." Gwen chuckled a little as she watched Brandoin struggle how to deal with this and finally. "will you play something for us Phedra?" Phedra perked up happily at the thought and picked up the newly constructed Violin. "you'll have to excuse the shrieks... it's very difficult to tune." she admitted, an unholy sound falling from the violin. but, a little knob, after a little knob soon the sounds where sweet and perfect and beautiful, and then the soft sounds started to fall around them as she played for them, a happy joyful tune.

"You are very welcome."Brandoin said smiling a little as he leaned back into his seat, watching the woman pick up her violin, wincing a little at the sound. Smiling gently as he listened, shifting to lean back in his chair wrapping his arm around gwen's shoulder, he pressed a kiss to her head, his face buried against her hair as he listened before looking at phedrea as she finished playing."Phedrea?I didn't fix your violin for a reward, but I was wondering if I could ask you a favor."He said with a soft smile.

Phedra smiled a little as she played, looking so serene as she played, smiling a little as Gwen cuddled with Brandoin. "a favor?" she asked, smiling happily. "of course i'll give you a favor." she promised, smiling a she stroked her Violin like it was a favorite pet, resting her cheek against the bridge as she smiled at him, Shane chuckling a little as he watched curiously, his eyes shining a little as he watched her, wondering just what magical feet that Brandoin was going to ask from him.

Brandoin smiled a little stroking gwen's hair absently, he enjoyed teh feel of her hair in his fingers, smiling happily at phedra."Gwen here, ws admiring the flower you gave me. And is very jealous that she doesn't have her own. Can yu please make her her own? I know it's not easy, but I would like her to be happy."Brandoin said, smiling and oblivious. It was so hard for him to see how good he was, when others knew tht he tried very,very hard to please the people around him

Gwen looked startled. "you mean to tell me that Phedra made that flower??!" she asked, stunned as Phedra smiled. "of course Gwen can have a flower!" Phedra promised, turning to Shane and ordering him to get ice, water, and a bowl. "the water must be changed daily Gwen, or the flower will get sick, and there must always be a few pieces of ice floating in the water, or the plant will die." she warned, settling ice into the water before settling her hands over the bowl and singing, creating not one flower, but six so that they filled the bowl with their pretty petals, Gwen squealing happily as she took the bowl. "oh Phedra THANK YOU! their SO beautiful!" then Gwen paused. "... how did you do that?" she finally asked, giving Phedra a strange look, the girl shrugging. "i don't know... i just did it."

Brandoin lughed t gwen's surprise nodding."she did."he said smiling, looing slightly amazed himself as he wtched phedra make the flower. Getting up he pressed a kiss to phedra's head."Thank you phedra."He said before looking at shane."are the women here from town?"He asked eager to put the duties of the day out of the way, because today was the day his fmily hd died, and he had no desire to see anyone. but as long as he focused on something else, he wasn't thinking about sarah and bane...but now...even the vague thought of it, ws crippling. Moving towards the door he swallowed, focusing on taking care of phedra.

Shane smiled a little as Brandoin kissed her forehead and he glanced at Gwen, who was busy awing and cooing over her new flowers. Phedra paled as he mentioned the women of the village and she stood up. "i think i might take a nap." she stated, vanishing into her room, clearly afraid they where going to ask her to join them, Gwen sighing a little. "she's gone all skittish..." Gwen muttered softly. "you two go on, i'll watch over the Song Bird." she promised, carefully lifting the bowl and carrying it into Phedra's room to offer her courage and comfort.

down stairs, almost the entire town had gathered into the 'courtroom' each woman saying the same thing. they where listening to the amazing music, sang by the Song Goddess, and all of a sudden they where standing over the torn and tattered pieces of the violin. none of them could remember a thing! one of the girls, who was only fourteen, promptly burst into tears and complained that she didn't understand what she did wrong, and begged them not to throw her in jail. one of the woman's husbands stepped up, and reported what had happened, how Phedra had been playing in the tree. he had climbed the roof of his meat shop to get a better view. he reported watching the women drag the girl out of the tree and into a mud puddle, and they proceeded to do everything they could to destroy the violin. they'd knocked over his ladder in the rush, so he'd been unable to get down to help, but he did mention seeing a young woman he didn't recognize, glaring at Phedra before the trouble started, and mentioned that she wasn't in the crowd.

Brandoin frowned a little s he reclined in his throne, looking thoughtful and pained."you will let me know if you see this woman again?Would you sit down with one of my artists, to try and describe this woman?I need to know wht she looks like."he said to the man before moving to the young girl, smiling as he looked at her, gently ruffling her hair."Don't worry, sweetheart I know it is not your fault."He said looking worried because it bothered him about this kind of magic. It wasn't his kind, he was good with animals, a empath,but he couldn't influence others. This was different, and it worried him.

the man nodded. "aye, i can make sure to keep an eye out for her. she's hard to forget... hair like fire, and eyes as green as emeralds...yet as cold as ice..." the man admitted shaking his head. "almost as beautiful as the goddess." he admitted, moving off to the side with the artists as the young girl sniffled and blinked at him before offering him a hesitant smile, wiping her eyes dry as she was promised she wasn't in trouble. whatever power this was... it was dangerous, whoever had done this, clearly didn't like Phedra. when Shane and Brandoin got back, Gwen was showing Phedra how to play the Ocarina, both of them laughing as Phedra pulled the most horrid noises from the Ocarina.

Brandion bit his lip as he considered that, wondering abut what was going to be going on. Swallowing hard he stepped back, running his fingers through his hair s he winced at the sound, glancing towards shane."I'm going for a ride. stay here."He ordered already moving to his bedroom to change into casual clothes.He wanted to be alone, even if he knew there was no chance of it happening. he was going to be alone dammit.

Shane grimaced but nodded, Gwen and Phedra weren't even aware they where back yet they where so absorbed in their lessons, giggling as they worked on making music, Shane moving into the room to further distract them as Brandoin went into the woods alone... really, what a bad, bad idea. as he and his horse stepped through the woods, calm and peaceful there was a sudden noise, a snort as a massive Buck stepped out, twelve points gleaming in the light as it lowered it's head and scraped the ground... there was something wrong with it's eyes though... they where a bright emerald color, not like a deers at all... it looked as if a human was looking out of the Deers eyes, and they where as cold as ice as the Deer lunged, striking Brandoin's horse with enough force that the antlers pierced the flesh, goring the horse and tossing it, and Brandoin to the ground. the Buck clearly intended on killing Brandoin, why?... who knew, but if Brandoin didn't get his ass in gear, he was going to be as dead as his horse.

Brandoin yelped startled as his horse fell kicking clear of the beast as he fell backwards, landing on the grojnd with a bone crunching sound. Cursing the king scrambled to his feet, already starting to run before he'd straightened all the way, that long and lean body easily running through the woods he knew so well. As soon as he was in sight of the gates he helled."guards!idiots,kill it!"he yelled as he heard the deer crashing behins him. He might not hunt,but he knew that it was going to be him or that deer

The Deer let out a strange sound, it was almost a scream of rage as it barreled after the king once it got it's antlers free of the dead horse, it's blazing emerald eyes completely furious as the King fled, catching up to Brandoin just as the Guards rushed forward. Brandoin was lucky as those Antlers moved to him, they didn't catch his flesh, but the buck tossed it's head, launching Brandoin into the air with another scream of rage as Arrows started thudding into it's body even as another guard rushed to where Brandoin had been tossed. "Mi'Lord!? are you alright!? what the hell was that! no deer should act like that!" the buck was writhing on the ground now, foaming at the mouth as it writhed and convulsed before falling still, dead. "Goddess... Devil possessed you think?" one of them asked, prodding at the dead body. "it should be burned..."

Brandoin cursed as he laid where he'd fallen trying to recover."burn it. Get onne of the priestesses down here to bless it and contain the ashes."he looked thouhtful."ntural fire and witchfire. This has got to buen."he panted as he pushed to his feet looking at the guard."if none of the guard has fire talent, ill come back down after I let the healer look at me."he said favoring his ankle as he limped towards the doors where he could see not only the lords and ladies watching,but his healer making her way outside.

the Guards nodded and started dragging the buck away as the Healer raced forward to check and make sure he wasn't hurt, Gwen, Shane, and Phedra appearing in an instant behind her, racing forward, asking him if he was alright... well, Gwen and Shane asked if he was alright, Phedra moved over to the buck, settling next to it, setting a hand on his pelt. "..." somehow, she seamed to know the buck, and she hung her head for a moment as if she was mourning. "the Buck is not Demon possessed... you do not need to have it purified... i have brought danger here... i will leave in the morning." only Shane, Gwen and Brandoin could hear her, and Gwen looked horrified. "you can't leave! you where just attacked! and so was Brandoin! your both in danger! you can't go anywhere! Brandoin! stop fighting the healer!"

"Phedrea,what happened?why did it attack me?"brandoin said glaring at gwen but allowing the healer to make sure he was okay,and bezides a twisted ankle from where his foot had gotten stuck in his stirrups he was fine."phesra, you're not safw out there.stay, as a king a order you."he said teasing her trying to make her feel better

Phedra closed her eyes. "it attacked you, because the person controlling it, knew it would hurt me to see you hurt or dead..." she admitted softly. "i never should have come here..." she turned and looked at him, colors and emotions swirling through her eyes. "i am bound by no Kings laws, and forever will she hunt me, to punish me for what i have done..." she admitted softly, swallowing thickly. "i never imagined she's start trying to hurt those that i cared most for... i might not have a choice now... she wants me to fight.. but how can i destroy my own sister?"

Don't. Well see what she wants. I won't allow her to huet you phedra.you'll be worse off if you are alone "Brandoin said sighing as he gently picked her up,favoring his ankle as he limped back towards the castle."shane,see that the guard is double,nd those out riding are aware of the danger."

she shook her head and pushed at him as she was picked up. "no! don't you understand!? she's targeting you because your my freinds! you must let me go. she won't stop, she won't ever stop until one of us is dead!" but even with him hurt, she wasn't strong enough to break free of him, and she crossed her arms and sulked as Sane and Gwen shared a shocked, frightened look before running after Brandoin. "Bran, you remember how annoyed she was when you kidnapped her the first time? she's never going to play for you now.' Shane warned. "what are you going to do? lock her in her room so she can't go anywhere? she's Wild Bran, locking her up would just be a slow death for her... it's best just to let her go..."

Brandoin frowned, walking but with each step towards his room he grimaced, his ankle was killing him.Stopping he looked at shane, frowning before nodding."Fine.Then we will go with her. My father made a tour of the countryside every few years, no one would find it strange that I'd be honoring his memory by doing the same."He said before looking down at phedra, before moving to his rooms."We will leave in the morning."

Gwen and Shane grimaced as Phedra scowled. "that is NOT what i meant!!!" she complained hotly. "the more you hang around me, the more danger you'll be in!" she complained. sighing a little. "your as stubborn as a Mule!" Shane laughed. "and your as stubborn as a Stallion." Shane teased smirking at Phedra who glared furiously at him. "your never going to win against Brandoin, you might as well give it up." "you know... he's going to expect you to come with Shane." "...you know, she does have a point Brandoin, it will be dangerous... she's the daughter of a Goddess you know, she'll be fine! she's more powerful than any of us are." ...Shane the traitor, wasn't it lovely?

Brandoin looked amused at the girl's protest as he st teh girl onto th ebed starting to gather clothes and things they would need. Frowning as he turned to look at his friend."Why are you agreeing with her?You always agree with me.."He pouted annoyed with his friend before looking at gwen."You can come to.It would do good for the lords and ladies to see the woman who's ruling with me, even if I'm not married."He said guilt showing in his eyes, because he had no desire to ever be married again.

Shane shrugged. "i don't want to risk my neck for a woman who kicked me in the balls." he pointed out with a shrug of his shoulders. "it's just common sense." he stated simply, Gwen snorting. "we're ALL going, and that's that!" Phedra crossed her arms, glared at them all, and then started to sulk. Gwen took his hand when she saw the pain in his eyes, looking worried. "you don't have to be married, to be a wonderful king." she assured him. "and you already have an Heir named in case you never have children." he reassured him. "the kingdom will be fine without a Queen, i'm doing all that stuff anyway." she assured him. "the noblemen can stuff it." Shane barked a laugh at Gwen's attempt at cursing and he went off to pack his own things, Gwen smiling at Phedra. "your about my size, come along, we'll pack together and you can borrow my clothes."

Brandoin laughed quetly at gwen's order, before smiling up at her. "i know.But...you deserve more."He muttered looking up at her, before smiling at her curse before allowing the women to go get ready. When they all made their way downstairs he smiled slightly, shifting his bag over his shoulder, glancing at shane."Do you have everything you need?I don't want the whole guard following.If her sister really is hunting her, more people following will make it easier for her to find us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom